FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How much does Hatrack suck? Let's count the ways! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How much does Hatrack suck? Let's count the ways!
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, I can't bring up feelings for it either way.

I'd rather have annoying smilies than Leet speak and bad grammar, because they are avoidable and require no brain power. I resent the time needed to decode 13-year-old ramblings, and appreciate the party smiley as a sign to not read closely. It's okay.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
That's true. It is like a warning for the post.

Nice looking at the bright side of life, Sparky.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, here's a post apocalyptic hug just for you.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I love it when dozens of people use the party smiley in the same thread. Like, if I were to say that it's my birthday, I would expect that every post following mine would have a party smiley. Isn't that, like, the awesomest thing ever?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Jon Boy goes on the list!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know, I thought this thread would be a good way for me to work out my non-Hatrack-related frustrations, but it hasn't done anything for me. Still frustrated.
Yeah, well, welcome to Cor's sex life.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Oh, snap!
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
\/\/|-|4+, '/0|_| |>0/\/+ 1||<3 133+? [Razz]

What's a lendmark post/thread, anyhow?

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, they aren't dancing dudes.

They are little hooting tortured souls being crisped to death on a white-hot burner. That's why they're wearing sunglasses.

[Party]

Poor things. The one with the red balloon is trying to get away.

[ November 14, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

You're a real asset to humankind, CT.

Now I have a lovely little vision of them going, "Ooh ooh ooh! HOT HOT HOT!!"

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to 100 percent wholeheartedly agree with my pal Ralph here.

I hate the new smilies. Did we really need to have more ways to skip typing out our emotions? It seems they're now an excuse for the 13 year olds to say something without saying anything.

I hate online hugs. Hate them.

These two items will lead to the ultimate destruction of the rack as we know it.

Now, get off my lawn, sonny.

[ November 14, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Trogdor the Burninator ]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, I try.

All we can do is try.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's the evil master that I know and love!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Too much Tres.... too little me!
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now I have a lovely little vision of them going, "Ooh ooh ooh! HOT HOT HOT!!"
Greaaaaaaaaat, now you've given me an image of them all singing Buster Poindexter's "Hot!Hot!Hot!". Like they weren't annoying enough, now you had to go and give them an earworm. I'm gonna have nightmares now!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you on the smilies, Ralphie, though I have to add my dislike of this one: [Wall Bash]

What's worse than a party smiley in every post is when people insist on putting eight of them in every post.

And the only thing worse than that is the silly rainbow wave smiley thing.

[ November 14, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, what really bugs me about Hatrack is that people here refuse to acknoledge me as the supreme dictator of the world. It just gets on my nerves, but they still insist on it. Horrible!
[Grumble] [Grumble] [Mad]

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

And since there's been a surprising lack of affirmation of the hilarity caused by Ralphie and CT, I gotta testify.

The Gay Train nearly made me swallow my fork.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that what you call it, Eddie?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate that fweaking smiley.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Poor things. The one with the red balloon is trying to get away.

oh dear. i peed a little.

oh, and hey, ralphie, why come we're never on at the same time anymore.

i hate the devil smilies. i don't know. it softens the evil. nothing i hate worse than soft evil, folks!

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

quote:
The Gay Train nearly made me swallow my fork.
quote:
Is that what you call it, Eddie?
Dude, believe me, if I could swallow my own fork, I would never leave the apartment. Hell, I wouldn't be posting right now. Or I might, but it'd be full of typos, since I wuln't be albe tii see teh scere.n
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the fact that Orson Scott Card (the real one) never posts even to say hello. Then again, at least we won't have a whole thread filled with bowing smilies.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
He sends his family in to do his dirty work.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
As some who's been smacked down by K, ridiculed by Geoff, and beaten up by Emily, I have to agree.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
an overconfident cheerleader
[Confused]

-o-

Does anybody actually enjoy having Lalo on this forum?

Then again, does anybody actually enjoy having Lalo anywhere?

Didn't think so.

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

*sigh*

Killed another thread by bringing up Lalo's name. I have found the formula for instant thread death.

[Razz]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Mega Cheer-Ups

I'm stealing the pom-poms.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimo
Member # 5933

- posted      Profile for Kimo   Email Kimo         Edit/Delete Post 
Any posting that would let me join deffineatly goes down hill.

Ralphie regarding the Geriatic Disco guys, I must admit, I don't get them either.

Once upon a time when this brand new thing came out called AOL we used to have to smile like this : )

Now we do this [Smile]

And now this [Party]

Is this truly a step forward in the evolution of man? Are we better off by having the ability to express our emotions in a series of mutant happy faces? Will Scotty find out that Laura is really in love with Luke?

Well.... [Dont Know] [Party] [Party] [Party] [Party]

[ November 18, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Kimo ]

Posts: 17 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimo
Member # 5933

- posted      Profile for Kimo   Email Kimo         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and another reason why hatrack is going down hill, is when new user try to edit their posts and end of with four extra mutant disco peoples.

I would try to fix it (again) but I am sure I would make it worse.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
People who change their name just because they don't want to have a high post count.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what's that about? [Wink]
Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

I fixed the Geriatric Disco Smilie!
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Tee hee, I'm a Frisco fan!
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

That's a work of pure brilliance, Eddie.

PURE BRILLIANCE.

Frisco
Member # 3765

Or how about the kissers?
Megachirops
Member # 4325

Are those links work-safe?
katharina
Member # 827

Yes.

*amused at what this means for Frisco's image*

Megachirops
Member # 4325

[ROFL]
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh the sweet irony of Icy responding with a smiley.

I'm going to pretend you did that on purpose...

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

Actually, I can't wait to see what he does with that one!

:-D

Frisco
Member # 3765

What exactly does this mean for my image, Kat?

Wait, I'm not a codger now, am I?!

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm looking for an old post and I come across this thread . . . it's funny, for the last year, I've been thinking it was Annie who asked me why I hung around if I disliked Hatrack so much! [Embarrassed]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I never posted in this thread before. I know I remember seeing it, but I guess I didn't feel that this sort of thing should be encouraged. [Roll Eyes] at me.

I just like to have an excuse to post this:
[Wave] [Hail] Two wrongs can make a right.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

delightfully ambiguous . . .

[Wave]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Ralphie, I'm thinkin' you dont really hate that enslaved little grape. I'm thinkin' you kind of like its subserviant mien and ingratiating genuflection. Maybe, you even posted it just so you could watch it bowing to you, over and over and over...

But the creepy geriatric party does suck. So depressing, like a Florida beach in winter. So much wrinkly skin and clicky teeth. Yuck.

edit: DAMN IT!!!! I did it again. I didnt see that stupid second page and posted replying to the last page. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit again: you know, I also didnt think to look at the dates of posting and realize they were 2 years old. Was this thread just osme kind of trap to humiliate the impetuos and hurried among us? And those of us who cant spell? Cause if so, it worked, my friends, it worked.

[ January 18, 2005, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: foundling ]

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

[ROFL]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the whole "they're not partying, they're on a barbecue and they're frying to death". Well, okay, not that exactly, but that's the image in my brain.

Still. [Party]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
The party dudes don't bother me so much except the ones that flash yellow and orange.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry Ic. It had been a bad day and I reacted silly. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.