FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OSC-fan, or what the heck did happen ? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: OSC-fan, or what the heck did happen ?
OSC-fan
Member # 6195

- posted      Profile for OSC-fan           Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry but I am not gonna change my name just because the "community has lost its faith in me", all this loss of faith has been fueled by few individuals who probably know something about what is going on; if I know in my heart I haven't done anything wrong, I am gonna keep the screen name whether you like it or not!

And I never attacked Mormons or single mothers!
As I said before, you are free to believe me or not.

[ March 11, 2004, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: OSC-fan ]

Posts: 159 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Great, thumbs up, good attitude.

Now just carry on and start posting in other threads and stop pointing fingers on this thread and we'll all be happy.

Well, I'll be happy anyway. And really, that's all I've ever cared about [Big Grin]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, if I ever get in one of those moods, could you take a day off and let me be wanker for a day?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Wanker... ehehhe... I like that word. It's almost as good as wang.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm too lazy to post in OOC right now. I'll let Pop handle that one.

And probably this one.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSC-fan
Member # 6195

bob, what you said describes yourself to a T. [Evil]
Posts: 159 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Woah there, PSI. Pop can't handle *this* one.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wanker for a Day
Member # 6315

- posted      Profile for Wanker for a Day           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, get in line! I'm next after Bob.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSC-fan
Member # 6195

bob, I was invited here by yogi, and I accepted even though I don't participate in gossip threads.

So, you don't tell anybody to move on, especially after saying what you said.

You can join a forum were people are more like you, but, personally I didn't think people were this low in this forum.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't??
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
La-la-la-la-la
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

I probably should have thought for a minute before branding myself "Hatrack's Official Wanker." Me and my big mouth. (And you know what they say about the size of a *ahem*)

As for you, OSC. You've lost me. I can't make out what you're saying high up there on that horse. But, if you've got something to say to me by all means E-mail me wally_russ@hotmail.com and we'll sort it out.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Look, OSC-fan, I'll be blunt: most of us think you're a troll, somebody who comes here to stir up trouble -- and lie continually.

If this isn't the case, and if your account has been in some way hijacked, I'm genuinely sorry. But I'm afraid that this is the way you're coming off, and there's not much you can do to convince people otherwise at this point.

Ergo, I stand by my suggestion: come back under a different name.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSC-fan
Member # 6195

Quote-Let's just drop this topic, yogi, and thanks again for inviting me to explain myself in the other thread, I don't know the age range of those people but they acted very childishly, especially after I explained myself.

Besides, I knew that no matter what I said they wouldn't have changed their mind, their minds had already been poisoned by the words of OJ and others (like Bob), I didn't participate in any of those threads, besides why would I want to attack Mormons if I am one?-

Here.
I quoted myself to show what was being said in the other thread.

(Have you noticed the sudden disappearance of OJ's posts?, I'll bet as soon as I leave he shows up and starts badmouthing about me)

[ March 11, 2004, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: OSC-fan ]

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
OSC-fan, if you really are innocent of what we accuse you to do and someone stole your account, then you should understand that person can do it again, and you should choose another name to avoid that.
You have, too, to understand that this forums knew some really pervert trolls and that's why we don't trust you on your words. Not because of you, if you are innocent. But because of some people that make us be less trustfull.

EDIT to add : even if you really think AJ did a bad thing to you, we know her since a long time and we trust her, so it's not the best way to gain our confidence. By the way, why AJ ? Why not me, or anyone else ?

[ March 11, 2004, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSC-fan
Member # 6195

Anna, I explained it earlier, because even if I didn't participate much, I read the posts from time to time and OJ is famous for twisting the words of others to make them appear bad and then, once everybody takes her side, she rejoice in victory because that person is branded forever as a troll.

Some people should learn to think with head and judge the situation with their own head, instead of following the flow.
Most of you are blind to OJ little game she plays.

And, personally I don't care if you'll believe me or not, just open your eyes and look around.

[ March 11, 2004, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: OSC-fan ]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
OJ is famous for twisting the words of others to make them appear bad and then, once everybody takes her side, she rejoice in victory because that person is branded forever as a troll.

[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

OSC-fan, do what pleases you to do, think what you want to think, but if you really want to belong to this community, stop accusing AJ and prove us wrong. Take another screen name, become a respected part of Hatrack and then tell us you were OSC-fan. It would prove you are not a troll.
EDIT : grammar error.

[ March 11, 2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

This one time, in an argument with AJ, she took my words and made them seem like they were coming from a religious zealot with bigotry issues.

[Big Grin]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC-fan, here's another problem: either you're a troll or you're staggeringly clueless.

Either way, you're better off ditching the current username and starting fresh. Continuing this fight is only going to make you look worse -- unless, I suppose, you're sitting at home laughing about how silly we are, dealing with your trolling like you were a "real" person.

If THAT'S the case, let me point out something: we've had our share of trolls of this sort over the years, and we ALWAYS tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. This isn't because we don't suspect something, or because we don't have anything better to do, but because it's worse to assume the worst than it is to waste some effort on someone incorrigible.

You won't do yourself any favors by continually insulting AJ -- or screwing up her name. Persisting in that approach is just digging yourself a bigger hole.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSC-fan
Member # 6195

Anna, which one? [Big Grin] the real one or the fake one?

The reason why i think it's OJ it's because he vehemently tried to find a conspiracy behind all this (just open your eyes and look by yourself at what he wrote)

I have no interest in changing my screen name, so said, I'll return to normal threads with a real discussion on a real topic.

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wanker... ehehhe... I like that word. It's almost as good as wang.
You're a fan of Penny Arcade, aren't you, Ryukochan?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
OJ is famous for twisting the words of others to make them appear bad and then, once everybody takes her side, she rejoice in victory because that person is branded forever as a troll.
You know, when Banna first came to hatrack, I remember asking her "hey, are you the famous BannaOJ, well known for twisting the words of others to make them appear bad and then, once everybody takes your side, you rejoice in victory because that person is branded forever as a troll?"

She denied it, but I think she must have been lying.

Hey--could OSC-Fan actually be the Screwtape Grandma? Maybe she found out about Banna's participation in Hatrack, and decided to warn us all that the Anna Jo we all know and love is really the internet generation's answer to Machievelli?

[ March 11, 2004, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Okay, I have to know: are you getting AJ's sex and name wrong because you're trying for some kind of bizarre insult, or are you just not reading the posts?
Noemon
Member # 1115

He seems to go back and forth on the sex thing, Tom. I assume it's a very strange attempt to be passive-aggressively insulting.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

quote:
Hey--could OSC-Fan actually be the Screwtape Grandma? Maybe she found out about Banna's participation in Hatrack, and decided to warn us all that the Anna Jo we all know and love is really the internet generation's answer to Machievelli?
That is too good. [ROFL]
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Hat]
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering that OSC-Fan says they weren't the one posting all those deleted post over the last week, the posting style seems really similar.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, doesn't it?
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

quote:
Besides, I knew that no matter what I said they wouldn't have changed their mind, their minds had already been poisoned by the words of OJ and others (like Bob),
It's saying things like that, which brands you as a troll. Bob is just trying to help and is saying that if you're really not that person then we will soon notice and accept you. But if you keep on relentlessly attacking other hatrackers then I have no reason to believe you or support you at all.
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
At the very least, OSC-Fan, change your password (and also, ideally, your email address attached to this username). The reason being, if you are correct (and I am assuming you are), then someone just took your username for a spin for a couple days, and deleted the evidence before you came back. This means they must have your password. It also means they have your email address, and they could conceivably find a way to get into your email and request new passwords for here, which will cause more problems.

So please at least do that.

EDIT: Also, are you logging in from a public terminal (library) or is your machine easily accessed by others (a roommate, a sibling)? If so, I recommend logging out after every session. That goes for all your web boards, not just Hatrack.

-Bok

[ March 11, 2004, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Bokonon ]

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSC-fan
Member # 6195

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Besides, I knew that no matter what I said they wouldn't have changed their mind, their minds had already been poisoned by the words of OJ and others (like Bob),

It's saying things like that, which brands you as a troll. Bob is just trying to help and is saying that if you're really not that person then we will soon notice and accept you. But if you keep on relentlessy attacking other hatrackers then I have no reason to believe you or support you at all.
--------------------------------------------------

How come you don't point out when they attack me or other members??

ok, I admit it, I'm Banna's alter ego. Happy??

[Evil Laugh]

St. Yogi
Member # 5974

quote:
How come you don't point out when they attack me or other members??

Because I'm a jerk.

And because I haven't seen anyone attack you. I've seen people doubt whether or not what you are saying is true. I don't call that attacking because so far you haven't shown us anything to make us believe you are telling the truth. I'm sorry but there's probably nothing you can do to make us believe you other than just post normally and not be a troll. Just kind of lay low for a while and don't mention this incident.

If what you're saying is true, about you not making those posts, then there should be no problem.

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSC-fan
Member # 6195

quote:
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

posted March 11, 2004 11:41 AM
Oooo... the drama!

Ok, here's the thing. OSC-Fan as of a few days ago was the wankiest wanker that ever wanked. She wanked in the morning, she wanked in the evenings. The mormons were not spared her wanking and single mothers the world over were condemned by her wankocity.

Now there is someone claiming to be a new, improved, somehow better OSC-Fan. Fine. If this one isn't a complete, utter, through-and-through moron like the last one (s)he will fit right in. If (s)he isn't (s)he will get the same treatment the last one did. We don't suffer more than one wanker on this forum, and I've already filled the position.

In short. Who cares? Move on along now, nothing to see here.

--------------------------------------------------

so yogi this is not an attack? [Frown]

St. Yogi
Member # 5974

That was an attack on the OSC-fan of a few days ago, which as you might recall isn't you.
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

I don't think anyone on this forum has anything against you personally. It's just that it's all kind of suspicious. Something like this has never happened before.

Anyway, if what you say is true and you're not the OSC-fan of a few days ago then there's no problem and you can continue posting normally.

EDIT: And it might be a good idea to change your password and the e-mail you have connected to hatrack.

[ March 11, 2004, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: St. Yogi ]

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys all rock - thanks for entertaining me this afternoon.

[Hat]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

Belle, is that sarcasm?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

To be honest, I'm thinking that Yogi is actually OSC-fan. [Smile]
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC-Fan is the matrix. [ROFL]
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

Heh. I guess that's a valid argument.

Why should I be exempt of suspicion. I have spent a suspicious amount of effort on this thing.

I assure you though I'm not OSC-fan.

[ March 11, 2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: St. Yogi ]

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
No, it is absolutely not sarcasm, I find this entertaining.

I don't say that to make fun of anyone, just that these responses to the evelness that is BannaOJ has me rolling on the floor. Especially Dag's. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
Just out of noob curiosity, how does the recent uproar caused by OSC–fan compare to famous trolls of the past such as Cedrios. This is my first troll watch.

And OSC-fan, if you’re not a troll, I apologize for implying that you are.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, you can stop accusing everybody else. Actually, I'm an OSC fan. I'm sorry. I didn't know that was a problem, but I'll try to change. [Frown] That Ender kid wasn't that cool, anyway.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly? This is nothing. Ced lasted for months. And have you heard of Baldar? I think we're still traumatized.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC-fan, this is how we work. We try to give everyone a chance to show they are sincere. We bend over backwards to be kind to new people. But then when it becomes completely obvious that someone is not dealing with us in good faith, we get bored with their silliness very quickly and soon totally ignore everything they have to say. Trolls are not shocking, interesting, clever, or intriguing at all, they are just extremely dull-witted, laughable, pathetic, and a big waste of time. We have more interesting things to think about and discuss here. If you want to make a big splash that way, you should try elsewhere.

Or if you want to be accepted for your true self, then drop the idiocy and join us for real. Post what you really think and feel. Be honest with people. Actually try. You might find that people will even like you. You may even earn people's respect. I think you will find that a lot more enjoyable in the long run that trying to get giggles out of stirring people up.

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

quote:
That was an attack on the OSC-fan of a few days ago, which as you might recall isn't you.
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

That is funniest thing I've ever heard.

Yogi is on my human list.

OSC-fan
Member # 6195

quote:
OSC-fan, this is how we work. We try to give everyone a chance to show they are sincere. We bend over backwards to be kind to new people. But then when it becomes completely obvious that someone is not dealing with us in good faith, we get bored with their silliness very quickly and soon totally ignore everything they have to say. Trolls are not shocking, interesting, clever, or intriguing at all, they are just extremely dull-witted, laughable, pathetic, and a big waste of time. We have more interesting things to think about and discuss here. If you want to make a big splash that way, you should try elsewhere.

Or if you want to be accepted for your true self, then drop the idiocy and join us for real. Post what you really think and feel. Be honest with people. Actually try. You might find that people will even like you. You may even earn people's respect. I think you will find that a lot more enjoyable in the long run that trying to get giggles out of stirring people up.

aka, do you think I am having fun?

I drop in one day and post what I really think and feel on the acting chameleons thread and people start to attack me and I have no clue why, do you call that fun?
All my posts are deleted, do you think I find it fun?
I find a thread I never started (with my name in the title) attached to my sn, do you think that's amusing?
I found it all annoying and if there is someone who has to stop this idiocy I know it's not me!

[ March 11, 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: OSC-fan ]

skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday OSC-fan said goodbye.

Today (s)he said:

quote:
In short. Who cares? Move on along now, nothing to see here
Yet here (s)he is back in our face.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

OSC-fan, now if you are sincere, you have to cope with the fact that someone has been stealing your name and password and that we have no way to know who or if it was actually you. We can't trust this name anymore, so go and choose another one, anyway your post count wasn't that big !
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.