FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » KamaCon.... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: KamaCon....
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Calvin, you know I love you and not to be grumpy (my job is crazy today unlike yesterday when it was dead) but EVERYONE is going to have their own personal "except" So EVERYONE is going to have to come to some sort of compromise at some point. If you want to go swing dancing google up swing dance clubs and figure out if it is possible. I've already given the Elevated train links for both Skokie and O'Hare, and I don't know the City that well. You can figure out how to get there as well as I can.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Meow? Can I come? [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course!!

---

Banna, should we take a poll for which type of event it will be?

From experience, I really think...that we should plan for, in general, two days in just the hotel. Maybe after that people might get restless, but for those two days, accomodations, with hot tubs and pools and such, is much more important.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Rockin! I love the city. To BoysTown! Long live the corner of Belmont and Halsted!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

by all means kat, poll away.

[Grumble] my job is either feast or famine and today is crazy. Stupid people tell me that they are sending me 8 parts for testing and instead up the number to 24 and I have to scramble to rush order more glassware to test the darn things in at least his department is paying for it.. [Grumble]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((AJ)))))

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
2. Sitting down for an intimate conversation with Kama.

5. Corrupting Nathan.

To save time, you could do both at the same time.

Just for the record, I am coming to this.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Calvin, you know I love you and not to be grumpy (my job is crazy today unlike yesterday when it was dead) but EVERYONE is going to have their own personal "except" So EVERYONE is going to have to come to some sort of compromise at some point. If you want to go swing dancing google up swing dance clubs and figure out if it is possible. I've already given the Elevated train links for both Skokie and O'Hare, and I don't know the City that well. You can figure out how to get there as well as I can.

AJ

*Was already planning on finding the location/date/time of any possible Swing Dances, so worry not.*
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*hugs* thank you Calvin. Figuring out the location is so fraught with complications already that trying to intinerize, though absolutely necessary, just seems like this giant overwhelming nightmare.

Maybe Tom can do more on the itnerary front...

AJ

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1. Getting her copy of Monster Rules signed.
2. Sitting down for an intimate conversation with Kama.

How come I'm in second place?

[Razz]

--
edit: I also want my copy signed. If Theca brings it [Wink]

[ April 13, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
If we really want to corrupt Nathan, just room him with Lalo, Calvin, BtL and me.

I'd say we could corrupt Kama, but I think she's already there.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
She said corrupt not scar for life.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If we really want to corrupt Nathan, just room him with Lalo, Calvin, BtL and me.
[ROFL] So utterly true.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Art insitute with hatrackers would be fun, but the only thing I REALLY want to do is fly kites.

I don't know how much fencing gear ken's going to be able to bring, because it's summer, and he's not going to that school anymore.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do we think there will be wind in Chicago in August?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care what I do. I'd like to see the city, but since I'm going to be spending the next four years of my life in West Lafayette [Big Grin] , I'm sure I can manage that some other time. Seeing hatrackers is more important.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Have we ever figured out exactly how many people to plan for?

Did someone go through all the previous posts and keep count?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet there will be enough wind on a beach on the lake. [Smile]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'm doing a rough estimate starting around 30. When I'm calling the hotels I'm saying 10-12 rooms.

I think more than that may come but at 4/room we could fit 40 people in 10 rooms. I'm hoping we get at least 10 rooms wherever we go because that is where the pricebreak starts.

AJ

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I will arrange an Art Institute of Chicago trip on Day 2, if that part hasn't already been arranged. Anticipate 10am to 1pm, with at least 15 min at the Chagall stained glass windows, brief snack at the Russian Tearoom across the street to follow, my treat.

Other than that, I plan to be ensconced in a hotel with a passel of kids.* Possible exception is if I can get someone to come with me to Mama Destin's Red Sea for yummmmmmy Ethiopian and good conversation. [Big Grin]

*CT's Garten of Kinder
(complete with organic playdoh)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Telperion, have you ever stayed at the old Surf Hotel? I love BoysTown.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

CT do you really want to treat 30 people.

AJ

Kama
Member # 3022

shhhh banna

[Razz]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I was expecting, like, 5.

Would 30 people really come with me first thing in the morning to the Art Institute? [Confused]

Anyway, I'll cover for at least five young'uns without significant resources of their own yet. Art Institute admission and Tea Room dark bread, tea (or juice for the LDS), appetizerish stuff. Considering that I'm bagging the Cubs game and other pasttimes, I'm delighted to splurge here. [Smile]

[ April 14, 2004, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, I'm totally in. And I'll pay for myself, too. [Wink] I think it sounds wonderful!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Russian Tea Time holds a very special place in my heart. There is where I had my first meal with my now-husband. We'd met at the Art Institute, and I figured him for the perfect, safe affair d'heart. I'd never had one before, and as he lived thousands of miles away, the emotional and physical demands seemed minimal at the most.

And, of course, we fell in love over the blini and the samovar. [Smile]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Lovely, katharina! I was hoping for the time with you.
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in, CT. And i don't care if Ken wants to come or not.
I also might be able to pay for myself, since I have no interest in a cubs game.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Becky! Girls Morning out. [Smile] It'll be a blast. We can work out the details later.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Girls morning out? Ohh I see. Never mind...

*Walks away, dejected*

[Wink] One of the few things I've done in Chicago is the art museum, so I'd probably put that under "sociolize with Hatrackers" on my list. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure I'm in. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

The Ramada people said they are going to be faxing me some sort of contract. They still haven't given me a quote for the conference room I don't think. So I hope it will be in there.

AJ

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, I'll join in on that. Haven't done the Tea Room yet [Smile]

blacwolve's coming to West Lafayette? When did that happen? Is Mike coming too?

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Good news! I talked to my mom and she wants to meet ElJay to see if she's -creepy enough for me to go with her!!! [Party]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that -creepy still means that ElJay has the creepy flag, meaning that she IS creepy. What you're looking for is !creepy.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
The Art Institute was the one thing I was really hoping someone would do. [Big Grin]

Yes, we both are, I'm really excited.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not thinking in programming terms, I'm thinking for some reason in literary terms.

+creepy means she's creepy
+/-creepy means that she has tendencies of being creepy.
-creepy means she has no trace of creepy.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, when are the approx. dates of when you'll be in the Philly area?

*sorry to derail KamaCon thread*

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

The conference room at the Ramada is $75/day Which really isn't that bad.

I'm reading the credit card authorization thing they have included with the contract and I'm not comfortable with it yet.

Another negative on the Ramada, for those who do drive is that parking is $9/day for hotel guests, and this is about as cheap as you will find in that area.

AJ

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

My uncle works at a large hotel in Chicago (won't say which one at the moment) but maybe I can get him to give discounts to us... I'll let you know what I find out... [Smile]
Kama
Member # 3022

Leo, that'll be the last week - 21/23 (?) to 28th (but I'd like to spend the last couple of days with my highschool friend, who's also in the area, so possibly I'd go over to her place on 26th). How's that?

<-- is joining CT and co in the art museum thingy

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to register a vote on the mostly-stay-at-hotel-with-Jatraqueros list. No particular interest in baseball games or swing dancing. However, I would like to go to the Art Institute, if that's happening and possible. Any chance it could be Sunday, not Saturday? (or is that the plan? I'm not sure what "Day 2" signifies) I've always wanted to see the Chagall Windows.

As far as Skokie/city, whichever works out, I'll work around. I appreciate the consideration muchly! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also on the "socialize with Hatrackers" list because I'm not overly interested in sports, though if we can find a nice park, a picnic would be awesome, and then we can fly kites!
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Creepy, I am not. You can come up with all sorts of other unflattering adjectives at times, but nobody has ever called me creepy. We'll do fine, Ryuko.

Um, that still doesn't necessarily mean I'm going. But, I'd give ya strongly leaning towards it.

So now I just have to meet your mom... I suggest we do not invite her to go with us to Rocky Horror next week.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, that'll probably be perfect, Kama.

I hope Greg is still living in Lehigh by then!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

I can also bring Apples to Apples and Settlers of Catan.
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only there for the hatrackers. I've been to Chicago a lot. But I never get tired of Art Institute or Giordano's pizza.

P.S. Pop, there is this section of the art Institute that is tiny rooms decorated in Period. It is amazing, I don't know if Mooselet is quite old enough for it yet, but if not they have a kickin' kids area.

P.P.S. Last time I was there, I couldn't find the Viacom store with the borg. Is that just because Star Trek is no longer cool?

[ April 14, 2004, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still not totally certain that I'll be coming, but for the record I'm more interested in hanging out with Jatraqueros. However, perhaps a trip to the art museum and some swing dancing would be fun. I have no interest in watching the Cubs play.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

Lemme know what updates/changes need to be made.

Certain/As Certain as Possible
Christy
Kama
AJ
Katharina
CT
dkw
Mooses
Bob Scopatz
CalvinMaker
Mackillian
Celia
sndrake
Telperion
T Smith
Frisco
Kwsni
blackwolve
ByuCnslr
Farmgirl
IvyGirl
Lalo
Psychotriad
fiazko
rivka

Maybe
_____
Ryuko
ElJay
Pooka
Myr
Hobbes
BtL
Shigosei
Jeni
Zevlag
Xavier
Val
JohnnyNotSoBravo
Richard Berg
KasieH

[ April 20, 2004, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: CalvinMaker ]

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.