FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Confessional booth (Page 2)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Hatrack Confessional booth
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Really Ralphie?
Mebbe.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Really Ralphie?
No, I think she was saying that the pictures of her are not really Ralphie.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Fishtail - You don't have to be good at self-promotion to make it work.

I mean, look at Jon Boy.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Attack of the Clones, and am willing to forgive/overlook The Phantom Menace.
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Darn tootin', Ralphie.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I secretly envy those who don't post much, suspecting they have actual lives. I have aspirations to get a life, too, someday, but am afraid it will never happen, or that if it does I won't be able to cut it. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

I think Pat stole this thread idea from my wife. [No No]
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
I have actually spit beverage on my computer screen, laughing at what was written.

I have a crush on Strongbad. I love his little round body...and the way he corrects grammar. (My fiance knows and has forgiven me in advance)

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Even though I sometimes say I've rolled on the floor laughing at some of your jokes and clever plays on words, I can honestly say that I"ve never physically rolled on the floor laughing.
Once I did actually roll on the floor from something someone posted.

I dont remember what was posted, and I'm not certain who posted it. I think it was Toni though.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
And for an actual confession, (i just posted this in another thread)

My actual positions on hard issues are NEVER as black and white as I puport them here. In fact, often, the positions I defend here bear no resemblance to my own.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

This is so hard to admit, but.... I.....

I don't actually dig holes...

*sobs*

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
So, for all of you who are admitting to never rolling in the floor laughing, can I assume that you DO laugh your arses off?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
I never use LMAO, because every time I think I've done it, I spin around and find that it's still there.
Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

quote:
So, for all of you who are admitting to never rolling in the floor laughing, can I assume that you DO laugh your arses off?
Yes.
Rohan
Member # 5141

- posted      Profile for Rohan   Email Rohan         Edit/Delete Post 
one: I hate Bob Dylan.

two: I always feel like I should re-introduce myself every time I post, because I'm really just a lurker.

three: I have always thought "Myslef" would be a good name for a character in a fantasy novel.

[ April 18, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Rohan ]

Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've never plucked a rooster and I'm not too good at ping-pong, and I've never thrown my mashed potatoes up against the wall, and I've never kissed a chipmunk and I've never gotten head lice, and I've never been to Boston in the fall.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] That's a good one, beverly.

Let's see...what shall I confess to today?

Here's a good one. I like (not liked--still do) *NSYNC. I went to their Pop Odyssey concert, and I have the DVD (it was a gift mind you). I have all three CDs, and I'm a loser.

[Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Jennie is a loser. [Angst]

Ohh and... I have "In the Jungle" on my computer.

I was sercetly laughing to myself when some of the guys on my floor filled up two other guy's room with crumpled newspaper when they left for the weekend and didn't lock the door.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

- posted      Profile for Wonko The Sane   Email Wonko The Sane         Edit/Delete Post 
i am insane
(no you're not)
YES! i am
(No! you're not)
[Hat]

Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
With the exception of a smile ( [Smile] ) and a sad-frown ( [Frown] ), I have never done any of the actions that the smilies I've used would seem to imply.

I have a Dad that liked Milli Vanilli even after they were found to be fake. (Though that's really a problem with my dad, I thought it would work here, simply by relation).

I don't know how much I weigh.

During the county spelling bee in 5th grade (I won the school one), I misspelled the word "tension".
"(releif sigh) T-E-N-T-I----wait, no! (Heavy sigh) (mumbled:) O-N."
"Can you please repeat that?"
And I was HONEST the second time, and misspelled it again. Stupid, stupid morals.

E.R. and most other critically-acclaimed dramas bore me to tears.

I like rap. This includes Eminem, Vanilla Ice, Run DMC, Outkast, Will Smith, and more.

If I had a digital camera, I would likely post somebody else on Foobonic.

Homosexual debate threads irritate me.

In 7th and 8th grade, I participated in picking on a kid so much that he'll likely end up at a psychiatrists for 10+ years.

Of the many things I've declared "awesome", very few have actually inspired awe.

I think a Big Mac is tasty.

I shop at Wal-Mart, and will only stop once I find something cheaper.

I rarely use the phrase "da". I just used it with my name five or so years ago to sound cool.

*gulps* I like a few country songs.

I like Pepsi about as much as I like Coke.

Of OSC's books, I have still only read the Ender and Bean series.

Well, that's all I can think of now.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Dude, Where's My Car? at least half a dozen times, and it's among my list of favorite comedies.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had all of my alter-egos -- except for Pat -- deleted by the moderators.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20X6
Member # 6447

- posted      Profile for 20X6   Email 20X6         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions better than the first. I enjoyed the whole plot twist [Big Grin]
Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
My real name is John Maynard.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

So what about "Patrick" and "Patrick the Starfish" and "Strong Bad" and all of those others? Don't tell me that you had Strong Bad deleted.

And I still have all of my names. I just hardly ever use them anymore.

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
If I'd been the only one planning it, Pat (well, his wife and family) would have ended up with a goat in his front yard as well as the toilet paper.

Jon Boy and Nate were too practical and kind to do something that devious, though.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick the Starfish
Member # 6365

- posted      Profile for Patrick the Starfish           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I still have Patrick the Starfish.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
That would have been great. For future reference, where do you get a goat in Provo?

They went TPing at 10:30 at night. "Practical" is not the word I am thinking of. [Razz]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sorry, either your membership has not yet been approved or the board administrators have removed your ability to post to this board. We cannot allow you to perform this action as a result.
I get this back for StrongBad.. and for Patrick.

Sorry man.

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't actually look like this.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

I SAID...

MY REAL NAME IS JOHN MAYNARD.

Don't I look good in my unitard?

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

- posted      Profile for Strong Bad   Email Strong Bad         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't I look good in my unitard?
Well, you got the "tard" part right. And let me just say whoa, dude. You need to lay off the cheese danishes.

[ April 19, 2004, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Strong Bad ]

Posts: 41 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

And start wearing a cup or something.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
That's just not right, Pat.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

- posted      Profile for Strong Bad   Email Strong Bad         Edit/Delete Post 
And going to the gym every once in a while wouldn't hurt, either. Well, it might hurt you, but that's just because you obviously haven't been using any of your muscles for quite some time.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Don't you think John Maynard deserves his own thread?
Patsy
Member # 5699

- posted      Profile for Patsy   Email Patsy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really Pat, and this is my favorite nickname.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I've antagonized Pat in the past, but only because deep down, I think he's wonderful. [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kraid
Member # 6302

- posted      Profile for Kraid   Email Kraid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of excited for I,Robot the movie, even though I've read the book. Johnny Knoxville confessing
Posts: 20 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

I know jeniwren, you're a dear too.
[Smile]
Sides, you live in Bellingham. That's just even cooler than living in Deming, or Blaine, or Ferndale.

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Becoming Head Wench was unintentional.
I murder squash bugs.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw ROTK ten times in the theater... I need help!

I love Tron, Solar Babies, Last Unicorn, and Star Trek the Motion Picture...

ps- I actually HAVE rolled on the floor laughing before. In college we called it "Flailing". Damn...I sure did laugh more when I was younger...what happened? I haven't had a good flail for years!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
...And I've never been with a woman!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a shame, TS, they're very good conversationalists.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

And I haven't cleaned my room in a year!

(gosh confession does feel good!)

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Hehe... here's a funny story about confession...

I was with my boyfriend Jeffery and we were driving back home. We stopped by his work, a gay bar and grill, to pick up his paycheck. They were understaffed so we stayed for a few minutes so he could help out.

I was at the bar having a drink when I look over in the corner and see a bunch of people. Some of them look familiar. And for some reason remind me of St. Francis Cabrini church and school. Jeff comes back and I ask him, "Who are those people?" "Oh", he says, "they are from the gay Catholic mission from downtown". Catholic?

OH MY GOD! It's Father John and Father Bill! The two coolest priests from the church! I slowly try turning away so they don't see me.

Too late.

They come over.

"Hi Karl".

"Hi guys".

"So Karl, have you been to CONFESSION recently??"

Oh gods... [Wink] "NO!"

It was all in good fun and we had some nice conversation about me and about their work with their new flock....but it was still embarrassing!!

[Smile]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
My confessions:

1) I'm totally anxious for Pat to finally get revenge. Waiting is painful, and I'm beginning to think that the only revenge was to think there was revenge planned.

2) I have an alter ego named Natalie. According to an email I just got, she ordered the entire Superman DVD collection. Funny enough, she lives in Indiana and has the exact same email address I do.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
I have tried to start posts with only the intent to se how many hits I can get.
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Try starting a two-word thread.
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Grease II. I've seen it too many times to count.

"Woah, oh, turn back than hands of tiiiiime. Turrrrrrrnn BAAAAAAACCCK!"

Sing it Michelle Pfeiffer.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.