FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Confessional booth (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Hatrack Confessional booth
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
My foobonic pictures are 13 years old. But that Trisha really is me. Was me. I wish there was an emoticon for a frownie with a fat lip.

I don't know what "cloits" are, nor how their appearance can be enhanched by a wedge of swiss cheese on a string. [Angst] I asked my husband, who is a massage therapist, and he had never heard of them either. He thinks it must be slang for "glutes".

Am I the only one stupid enough to get this? Ow! my browser! That reminds me. I regularly go to grenme.com.

I can't find the email with the ab enhancing infomercial.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah. Here's the most embarrassing one. (I think more than the Grease II thing, since that was when I was a little kid.)

I watch Dynasty and Knots Landing every afternoon. I can't help myself. I have to find out how that scheming Alexis is going to mess things up for Blake and Krystal. What words of wisdom can I learn from Blake's hard work and detirmination? Is Abby going to quit her evil ways? Who shot Gary Ewing(JR wasn't the only Ewing who was shot)?

And, if I stay at school long enough (I only get TV at school because I am too cheap to pay for satellite or cable) I can watch Dallas.

When will the madness end?

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I own Bedazzled.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka, it's this'n.

I also love "Dude, Where's My Car?" and "Malibu's Most Wanted".

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
*whispers*
I'm probably going to get kicked off Hatrack for this.

Dan (Lime) read Ender's Game to me while we were dating, but I really have no desire to read any more of the series. I just don't much like sci-fi!

*slinks off*

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Ender's Game probably has the distinction of first book in a series that's least like the rest. So not liking EG provided no information on whether you'll like Speaker for the Dead and the rest.

Of course, not liking SF is more problematice.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

Kat, as much as I hate Elizabeth Hurley, I LOVE BRENDEN FRASIER!!

I own Bedazzled, too. The Columbian drug lord part is the best. That man is fine.

*sigh*

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

"Hablo Espanol!" I don't know why he's so hot, but somehow, he is.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok OK! I admit it... I like Cher!

"If I could turn back time!" Dun duh nuh nuh
"If I could find a way!" Dun duh nuh nuh

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
And you know that car commerical with all the manly dudes in the truck and the one guy singing "Damn! I feel like a woman!"

I find myself doing that often... much to the same reaction too...

[Wink]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

Eww, I wouldn't have admitted that if I were you, Telperion.
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, here goes, *cringes* I am almost finished with Crystal City and *cringes again* I don't think it's very good . . .

Sorry, Orson, but you've written better!

Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

- posted      Profile for Strong Bad   Email Strong Bad         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, I kinda think that maybe Strong Sad doesn't suck as much as I say he does.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

UTAH, why does that remind me of a scene from "Liar Liar"?

Tel, My husband won that albumn at a Piggly Wiggly drawing. That's probably a lot funnier to those of us who don't normally live in the south.

"If I could reach the stars"
"I'd give 'em all to you "
"And you'd love me, LOVE me"
"Like you use'd to do!"

Okay, I gotta get serious now. No more fooling around.

UTAH
Member # 5032

I see what you mean Pooka, but I promise-- I'm not lying.
Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

[Frown]

Every time stuff like that is posted, I feel like we inch one step closer to Hatrack having the plug pulled.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
???
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

Oh, pah- lease. . . [Roll Eyes]
Vána
Member # 3262

kat, what do you mean?
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I mean OSC doesn't appreciate fans telling him they don't like his books, and Kristine gets defensive when people post it here. There's never an official smackdown, but she doesn't like it. There was a thread a while back that was very critical of something he wrote, and the mods wondered why people wondered why OSC never posted here. I know maintaining the site is an immediate drain (maybe not a long-term one), and that just means that criticizing OSC's books on his site kicks off the panic button for me.

I want the people in charge of keeping it alive (Kristine) to feel happy feelings. We are guests in their living room.

[ April 19, 2004, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Vána
Member # 3262

I didn't say I didn't like EG! I did. I just am not nearly as into the genre as Dan.

I also figured I'm probably about the only one here that doesn't really read sci-fi, so it was an apt confession.

I certainly didn't mean any harm or even criticism! It's only a matter of my personal taste and my sense that it is uncommon here.

I'm sorry. [Frown]

katharina
Member # 827

Oh nonononono. I'm so sorry, Vana. I know you didn't mean it. I just flipped out a little bit. I have this vision of Hatrack hanging by a thread, a la John Edwards.
UTAH
Member # 5032

Vana, I think it was me that Kat was referring to in that post. I have not posted here a lot, and I had no idea that the Cards were sensitive to criticism. I find it hard to believe, however, that my confession would have the power to shut down the forum. Are you overreacting just a little?
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Regardless of if it affects the long-term prospects of the board or not, it just seems awfully rude to say you don't like one of his books on a site he's paying for. I know if my mom heard me say something like that to someone I didn't know who had just given me a nice gift (and I think this board is a pretty nice gift!) she'd be very unhappy with me. That's my favorite way to gauge manners... what would my Mom think if she saw me do this?

Anyway, my confession.... ummm... I get irritated when people post a critisim of one of my posts and then don't respond to my rebuttal. I wanna argue! Come back! What, you have a life or something?

(Edit: UTAH, your post came up while I was writing... I look awfully rude now in context, was unintentional. I meant people in general, not you in specific.)

[ April 19, 2004, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Ah, but your parania is catching. [Wink] I hope it's ultimately unfounded, but...well...I hope it's unfounded! *frets*
katharina
Member # 827

*sends warm bubbles of admiration and affection in the direction of the mods* Happy, happy, happy...
UTAH
Member # 5032

OK, this is crazy!! Now there's another thread going about "OSC Criticism". I'm sorry, already.
My "confession" was just that and I thought it was a light-hearted thread. Man!
If anyone has ever read any of my other posts, they know that I absolutely love OSC and I own or have read almost all of his books. They take up two shelves of my bookcase. I recommend his books to everyone I meet. So, I think it is OK if I don't care for one book out of the plethera of books that I own!
Can this please be the end of this? Please??

[ April 19, 2004, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: UTAH ]

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that your post should be looked at in the tone it was intended, UTAH. I started the other thread because I think you're justified in having that stance and sharing it, as long as you do it correctly, which I believe you did.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*wipes face clear of tears*

Listen, I don't really get this star-runner bloke and his space-ghosty strongbad side-kick. It all seems pretty listlessly derivative. Is something wrong with me?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rolf Singer
Member # 3972

- posted      Profile for Rolf Singer   Email Rolf Singer         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Charmed....especially those goofy episodes where they dress up as Valkyries or Biker Girls, or whatever the current fetish happens to be. I like Paige, and I even like that stupid baby with the occasionally glowing eyes. I just wish Leo would hurry up and be gone permanently so the girls can be in stupid costumes every week.

I feel so much better with that off my chest.

Posts: 90 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Gilmore Girls. Shut up.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*whispers* I do too...

Well, at least I did last year, when I actually had a TV.

Still.

[ April 20, 2004, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to sing along with the joyfully tuneless Violent Femmes songs that were sort of popular back in my I-Don't-Listen-to-Secular-Music days.

And I sometimes catch myself thinking Steve from Blue's Clues is kinda hot. [Evil]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I shop at Wal-Mart, and will only stop once I find something cheaper.
If that's true, you will NEVER find anything cheaper. Duh.

----

Here's something that's less of a confession, but more of an exciting announcement.

I have OFFICIALLY stopped shopping at Wal-Mart. I now pay $10 more per week for diapers, $5 more per month for coffee, and I don't care. [Big Grin] *bows*

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny. Steve from Blue's Clues is my hero. I want to get a green striped rugby shirt like his.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*applauds PSI* [Smile]

I overuse acronyms. IMO and AFAIK, it's not too annoying, IIRC. But YMMV.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to a Hatrack get together on 3/20/04, was given a bunch of OOC comments to post later and have yet to post a single one of them.

And I like Gilmore Girls, too.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I'm on Hatrack, I should be writing.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I have eaten an entire boneless ham while on Hatrack before. Not slices...I was taking bites out of the whole thing.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
vwiggin & JNSB:

I watch Gilmore Girls so clearly it's not something to be ashamed about. Charmed on the other hand...

----
I do have a confession to make. I have, in fact, never read Swedenborg. I have read some Jakob Boehme, however. And lots of Blake.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm mildly interested in vampires, and have read some Dracula, Anne Rice, WoD, etc..

But I have never seen a single episode of Buffy. It just never looked interesting. [Dont Know]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought people who recommended Buffy to me were absolutely silly. That is, until I got sucked into the Buffyverse.

Buffy makes me happy. I can't explain it. [Confused]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yank
Member # 2514

- posted      Profile for Yank   Email Yank         Edit/Delete Post 
I dad a hard time slogging through the Lord of the Rings series.

*hangs head in shame*

Posts: 1631 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
PSI:
[ROFL]

I can't say why, but I loved that.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I didn't like the Family Guy.

P.S. New Gilmore Girls tonight. I'm staying at work to work out in the gym so I can watch it. That's not obsessive, right?

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

If that's true, you will NEVER find anything cheaper. Duh.

Actually, my family is notorious for dumpster diving and 2nd-hand shopping.

And that's my confession for this post.

[ April 20, 2004, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

- posted      Profile for Strong Bad   Email Strong Bad         Edit/Delete Post 
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not Pat.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Professor Tor Coolguy
Member # 6361

- posted      Profile for Professor Tor Coolguy   Email Professor Tor Coolguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not Jon.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Gilmore Girls!

So, um, was there a new episode on last week? I was singing in a concert in Salt Lake last Tuesday, so I had to miss it. If it was new, anyone feel like updating me? [Blushing]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Paris and Rory went to Spring Break in Florida and not unexpectedly found Louise and Madeline there. Being the adorable uber-geeks that they are, they wore bathing suits comparable to wimples, and Paris threw around money like the member of the ruling class that she is. There was a cute guy there, but Rory never really got up the courage to flirt. After feeling that despite their best efforts (lame dancing, pizza), watching the Power of Myth and wearing big hats prevented them from getting the spirit of Spring Break. To try to figure out how everyone else was having fun, Paris kissed Rory at a club, and Rory flipped. All was forgiven later, though.

Digger gave Lorelai a key to his apartment, and flubbed the delivery. He later apologized, which led to this adorable exchange.

"I feel I should mention something about the key. The key was supposed to say something."
"So it's a talking key?"
"This is the part I usually..."
"Bolt?"
"I was going to say run, but bolt sounds more manly, so yeah. But I was trying to go down the list of all the things that annoyed me, and I couldn't think of any. And I'd be the biggest idiot to screw this up. So I went out and got you a key."
"While that would have been more interesting coming from the key, it's more romantic coming from you."
They kissed, and then, because they are so in love and want to continue the relationship, he left without walking her inside or getting a kiss goodbye.

After going in, Lorelai hears a message on her machine. It's Luke, he needs a ride, because he's in jail, and by the way, could he borrow money, because, oh yeah, it's for bail.

Turns out he suspected Nicole was cheating on him with the man who owned the socks he was unexpectedly wearing, and when trying a little survelaince (as opposed to, you know, asking his wife) he had his suspicions confirmed and took out his frustrations on the man's car. Neighbors called the cops, Luke goes to jail, even after getting out, man in still with Nicole and Lorelai expresses her sympathy

1. Lorelai is a difficult name to sound out and spell correctly.
2. Come on Luke, SAY SOMETHING! It's been years!
3. I now have a vague desire to watch the Power of Myth. I wonder if its on Netflix?

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.