FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Confessional booth (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Hatrack Confessional booth
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I must confess that I have issues with Gilmore Girls because the main characters talk a mile a minute and because Rory is a guy's name.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

- posted      Profile for Strong Bad   Email Strong Bad         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not Jon.
[In Inigo Montoya voice]: Who are you?
Posts: 41 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, katharina! [Big Grin] Now I'm even more excited for tonight's episode.

Poor Luke!

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's funny. Steve from Blue's Clues is my hero. I want to get a green striped rugby shirt like his.
*cough* I like Blues Clues too, I think for pre-school tv it's pretty good. And I was mad when Joe came. But I have an excuse! I have a four year old sister. *cough*
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
The Wiggles concert I went to two weeks ago was the enjoyable concert I have ever been to.

[ April 20, 2004, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Trogdor the Burninator ]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
I shop at Wal-Mart with some regularity.

And I'm not particularly ashamed.

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
Back when Tomb Raider was a big deal I liked it when people said, "Oh, like Lara Croft " when I introduced myself. I wanted to look like Angelina Jolie by the time I was 23. I'm 23 and I don't. I confess to all of that [Smile]

[I confess I edited this to spell Jolie right]
[I confess I edited it again to spell Angelina right]

[ April 20, 2004, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Lara ]

Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay. We can't all look like Angelina Jolie.

Just me.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
And Angelina Jolie.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Pffft. She BARELY looks like herself.

I look more like her than she does.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I won a Lara Croft look-alike contest.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the most embarrassing confession I can make is to share my playlist. Whenever I'm on my computer, I put my iTunes library on random and secretly enjoy it. Here are the first 10 to come up randomly:

1. Dieu ait son âme - MC Solaar
2. Knee 5 - Philip Glass
3. Happy Together - Sugar Minott (the reggae version of the Turtles classic)
4. Feed the Birds (from Mary Poppins) - Paula Jarvis
5. Stickshifts and Safetybelts - Cake
6. Crazy in Love - Beyoncé
7. Pies Descalzos - Shakira
8. Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band
9. No Creo - Shakira
10. Love Theme from "Romeo & Juliet" - Earl Klugh & George Benson (Mancini on jazz guitar)

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

oookay...I... am envious of Annie. And Ralphie. And Mac, I wish I could get that haircut.

[Blushing]

Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I like Jewel, the singer.

And Dido.

[ April 21, 2004, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
O_o

So do I. Hadn't realized they were confession-worthy.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

They are if you're a seventeen year old guy.
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I like effervescent? err.. evanescent? the wailing chick single with the bad male background vocals. Kinda reminds me of Rob Zombie. In a good way.

*halts chitchat and dashes into the booth*

hmm... darnit, I'm all out of confessions.

*skips out of the confessional in search of naughtiness and mischief*

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I am the only Republican in my family.

fallow, it is evanesence. Yes, I like them too.

Calls Type O Negative's albums his "Christian Music" just to see the looks on other people's faces.

Almost failed freshman English.
Almost failed Comptemperary Lit & Language (sophomore English).

Passed Journalism class with flying colors.
My classmates hated it when I left the school newspaper.
Every Administrator hated me at my high school while I was writing for the school newspaper.

Was encuraged by senior year English teacher to pursue Literature in college because of a short story I wrote.

Didn't go to college.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the supermarket tonight, bought plenty of meat and cheese - but on the way home remembered I forgot to buy any bread. [Wall Bash]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
We buy almost all of our children's toys and clothes second-hand.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

IMO, that's worthy of congratulations, not confession. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I buy nearly all of my children second hand.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I probably would if I were a normal size. [Frown]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My confessions:

I didn't read page two or three of this thread because of jet lag,

yeah, jet lag.

Oh, and I don't look a thing like Angelina Jolie,

but if the light hits me just right,

I do kinda look like the Skipper from Gilligan's Island.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
PS. I must confess, I lied about the skipper thing.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Yeah, we know that it's probably Gilligan. [Wink]

[ April 25, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
I once swallowed a gulp of olive oil thinking it was apple juice.
I once tried to pour a little maple syrup on a cookie and poured half the keg, then poured it from the bowl back into the jug, then wiped the bowl with tissue paper to erase the evidence, then got found out by my older brother while my conscience was trying to cuss myself to sleep that night.
I was once presented with a free cheeseburger at an end of season wrestling banquet because I went down to the reception desk at the hotel we were staying at the state tourney, and skeptically enquired after a free cheeseburger after having recieved a phone call from one of my team mates telling me to in a duped anonymous voice- he nearly did not survive.
I have recieved points off college level chemistry, Calculus, and I think calc based physics tests as a result of arithmetic errors an 2nd grader would not have made.
I've been evicted twice and arrested once not for anything but sherely based on orneriness, ugliness, and stupidity.
If I trust somebody and what they say could easily be true, I am really easy to lie to.
There are a number of things with regard to myself I would have little trouble taliking about but that very few people would want to hear.

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a crush on one of my proffessors. He's like fifty or something.

Tom, Slash, and Leto are my hatrack rolemodels.
I'm not doing so good at the not getting on AIM thing, Tom.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

I am so excited for this
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever drunk water from a squirt gun?

Have you ever peed in a squirt gun and then shot your brother?

Have you ever drunk from a squirt gun that you forgot that you peed in?

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Skillery, urine sane.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew exactly what Lara meant by "this" before I clicked on the link.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
Know bath salts? The stuff that comes in blocks and when you drop it into water it fizzes and makes the bath smell nice?

Well a friend of mine once gave me some, wrapped up in plastic. She didn't tell me what it was for - thinking that it was obvious, but I ate the entire block of it thinking it was strawberry candy. I foamed from the mouth like I had rabies for the rest of the day.

Needless to say, she found it very funny.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

[ROFL]
I find it very funny, too

tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
[ROFL]

I've been giggling uncontrollably while reading this page. Not a confession, just a statement.

Confessions for today: I'm not doing the research for my essay like I should be. Gah! Hatcrack!

I've nominated lots of people for non-existant categories for the Rackademy awards. Making extra work for Scythrop. [Big Grin] And I don't feel bad about it!

Every time I walk past my computer, I somehow end up checking Hatrack. There is Something Wrong With Me! [Wall Bash] [Big Grin]

I have dreamed about more than 5 Hatrackers. [Angst]

I'm now going to go and do my essay, but chances are, I'll be back in mere minutes.

</confession>

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

I'm only in hatrack right now because I want to chat with fallow. I chatted with him once and now I'm hooked.
fallow
Member # 6268

really?!

*count me shocked and chalk the outline of my sprawled beer-swilling arse on the pavement*

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

*looks in dismay at body on the pavement*
Dang. I knew I should have kept that one to myself.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
i confess that i get more than the recommended daily dose of sweets and sugars every day
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
The only TV network I watch is C-SPAN. And sometimes Fox News when I want to laugh.

I spend my free time contemplating the nuances of edge loop theory instead of doing work, reading a book, or spending time with my girlfriend.

For the first year of listening to Rage Against The Machine, I had no idea what the lyrics were talking about, but I felt anti-establishment anyway.

*sniff* I... I... *sniff* I'm a Linux guy that... secretly likes Windows... *weep*

I'm so ashamed.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*winks at Lara*

whispers: "just pretending".

*resumes chalk outline pose*

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I found a thirty-ought-six bullet in my jacket pocket today, and I have absolutely NO idea where it came from.

Think it's a threat like in the Insider?

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*claps hand on book's shoulder*

"dude, it came from your jacket pocket."

*removes slug from book's claws and tosses it aside*

"got something you wanna get off your chest?"

*gestures at booths*

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, time for some prom night confessions.

I took a friend to prom, and I ended up making out with another girl.

I tried to set up Raia with a guy ( Im not sure if it worked or not, but i might as well confess)

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

I've got a crush on a certain personage around these parts.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, time for some prom night confessions.

I took a friend to prom, and I ended up making out with another girl.

I tried to set up Raia with a guy ( Im not sure if it worked or not, but i might as well confess)

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Double-post with a three-hour spread? Um, Stryker, would you like to confess to ingesting any interesting chemicals at that prom after-party?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Double-post with a three-hour spread? Um, Stryker, would you like to confess to ingesting any interesting chemicals at that prom after-party?

--------------------------------------------------------

He drank nothing, well about 8 mountain dews but nothing else. We were both asleep when the second one was posted, and his computer was locked so I don't know what happened. It was fun, and I do forgive him for the incident at prom.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

- posted      Profile for Elphie   Email Elphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I too lurk all the time, but do not post because of my own feelings of inadequecy.

I love watching Maggie and the Ferocious Beast.

Seceretly wishes someone would take me under their wing an help me feel a little more comfortable posting.

My spelling is atrocious...needs a good dictionary link, been too busy lurking to find one.

Was raised Mormon...yet has no real idea of the basic fundemental teachings...been too scared to ask.

Whew...I should go to confession more often...

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I dumb myself down so I won't intimidate everybody with my obviously superior intelligence.

Oh, and I have a crush on Janet Reno.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.