FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "dammit. I need a mommy" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "dammit. I need a mommy"
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Well you wondeful Hatrack peoples. This ia a plea from me, on behalf of our wonderful mackillian.

Jamie is a wonderful person. She's cute, funny, smart, and all around cool. And she fences awesome! Definitely a great person to have as a daughter.
quote:
(15:52:59) mackillian: can I borrow someone else's mom?
(15:53:13) mackillian: or I could ask hatrack "Who wants to be my surrogate mom?"
(15:53:16) mackillian: I'd make a good kid

I will vouch for her, she WILL make a good kid.

See I would share my mommy with her, but she already doesn't have time to be my mommy [Frown] let alone Jamie's too. So I guess maybe I am looking for one too. But this thread is for Mack.

She needs someone who will tell her to stay in bed when she's sick, to tell her when to be nice, when she's heading for trouble, you know, the Mom thing.

So step up Jatraquera's, who will be Jamie's mommy?

[ June 02, 2004, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs mack and Zevvy*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I've volunteered in the past, but I seem to work better as a big sister.

And I can't be both! [Eek!]

Jamie, are you still dealing with the same scenario as last night? And did you make that call this morning? [No No]

(Can't get on AIM -- leaving in 2 minutes.)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Jamie, get into bed. Quit getting in trouble.

::shakes finger::

[Wink]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan would be the Best. Mommy. Ever.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Hey, I can't be dating my kids!

PS, Nathan is a sucker for kids. Seriously. I'd be the worst parent ever only because at the first sight of a tear, I'd give in to their every want.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. That's almost adorable.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

quote:
I'd give in to their every want.
I repeat: The Best. Mommy. Ever.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Now you know how to get him into bed mack!
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Wouldn't Nathan, as the Mommy, be trying to get *Jamie* into bed?

[No No] -> "it's past your bedtime young lady!"

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like an X-Box.

[Cry]

Why won't you get me one?

[Cry]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::blinks::

I did say kids, didn't I? Celia, are you a kid?

celia60
Member # 2039

If I can get an X-Box out of you...sure.

Aren't we all someone's children?

[Cry]
*cries*

[ June 02, 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Sorry, but text and drawings aren't as cute as the real thing.

Not even the one in the smilie.

[ June 02, 2004, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

celia60
Member # 2039

so i'm getting one in a couple of months?

sweet!

T_Smith
Member # 3734

No.
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm still a kid, legally, I think.

And I'm going to be crying Niagra Falls until I get...um...candy. Twislers and Butterfingers and M&Ms and Snickers and Gummi Bears and....

[ June 02, 2004, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I am and no I didn't call.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[No No] [Mad] [No No] Why the hell not?!? [Wall Bash]

I don't think I'll be on AIM tonight.

I need to go buy some rope.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

'Cause I was fine for about four hours. ...so I didn't call. 'cause I was fine.

...and I still don't have a fever.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, sisters count. I consider my sisters my moms.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

And when the four hours were up, was it still early enough to call? *check watch* Oh, wait, it's STILL early enough to call!

Opera, thanks. [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

No it isn't. The office is closed. It's quarter til 10 over here.

Get on aim. *shakes stick*

rivka
Member # 4859

I know what time it is. And I'm pretty sure it was during office hours when the pain started again.

Moreover, IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO CALL THE SERVICE!

And I can't get on AIM now -- probably in a couple hours.

I'm sure I'll have found some rope by then. Or maybe a long extension cord will work . . .

[ June 02, 2004, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

mackillian
Member # 586

Is too. And it was. I woke up late. Afternoon, even. So there.

And I got a 15' extension cord today...

rivka
Member # 4859

I need to borrow that cord.

*grabs*

Can someone please remind me how hogtying works?

mackillian
Member # 586

I'm wiggly. And I fight dirty.
rivka
Member # 4859

True. But you don't feel well, and I have a baseball bat . . . somewhere or other.
mackillian
Member # 586

I have three of those. And two swords.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Just give her a noogie. That always works.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with mack? It's not your appendix, is it? [Wink]

Call the damned doctor! And whatever is wrong, "You aren't allowed to get sick anymore."! So there.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
You need to bring some of those swords to boston.

I brought my schtuff out.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Apparently jon's shin has healed. How quickly he forgets.
mackillian
Member # 586

I will. I just need the new grip for the elecric to arrive. And some time to go to boston. Argh. Driving to boston. Ew.

Kayla: exhaustion despite copious amounts of sleep, headache, backache, neckache. But no fever. Transient nausea as well. [Dont Know]

No fever, not calling the doc.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, I have no electric stuff. DOn't sweat that [Smile] Not that I'm any good any more, anyways.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Forgets what, Mack?
mackillian
Member # 586

*kicks jon*

Right, but I'd like to have a backup foil. [Wink]

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Well, I COULD bring my saber out, and let you use my foil in case I break yours...
mackillian
Member # 586

The grip is supposed to be in any day now. [Wink]

mmmmmmmm. saber. I got to handle one today.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

*ignores double entendre*

Sabres are fun. But I suck with em. But fun. Whacking people in the head with swords is a good idea.

rivka
Member # 4859

She neglects to mention that the pain does not respond to her prescription anti-inflammatory, has been going on for days now -- four, I think?, and is pretty extreme.

The girl who RUNS up mountains estimated the pain at 6-7 on a 10-point scale.

mackillian
Member # 586

I'm used to getting whacked in the head. I have to aim for kneecaps though.

*ignores rivka's comments*

Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be somebody's mommy. Or daddy. Or your very paternal/maternal hermaphrodite.

IM me. RochtalAlphkrist.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

According to the flow charts in the AMA's Family Medical Guide, headache + nausea + eye pain (which you haven't mentioned, but I didn't ask about) = "Call your physician now!" because it indicates raised pressure in the eye; headache + nausea + increased pain with bending neck + drowsiness = "EMERGENCY! GET HELP NOW!" Possible causes: brain hemorrhage, meningitis (apparently possible even WITHOUT a fever); and if this has been going on for several days (and is not a result of alcohol), may indicate dangerously high blood pressure or (rarely) a brain tumor.
mackillian
Member # 586

I have low blood pressure. Don't worry. I'm fine.
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
You have a TUMOR!

That would suck.

Don't have a tumor, jamie. Getting it cut out would mess up your 'highspeed' hairdo.

I'm TRYING to mom you, but you keep wiggling out of the sack I put you in for safekeeping! *mutters*

On another, unrelated note: I'm moving! Apparently, there is a flood in our shared crawlspace. Oh, how delicious is the verification that I was Right All Along! Yes, there IS mold in my drywall! I've been telling them that for 2 1/2 YEARS! *mutters* Stupid Army. So, I don't know where we are going, but we are still going to be on West Point, and maybe now we will have a Guest Bedroom for you to stay in! (A room of your Very Own!) Now you can REALLY be our Nanny! VBG

*hugs*

Get better.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
mack, have you thought about a deep tissue massage (aka trigger point release massage)? You might have some hot trigger points that are causing all the problems. Try it, you'll like it.

http://www.ultimatewatermassage.com/massage-types-trigger.htm

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
According to the flow charts in the AMA's Family Medical Guide
My mom has this wretched book. Trust me, it's not a good thing to have in the home of a hypochondriac child. Once, I discovered I had congestive heart failure and stayed awake all night crying and waiting to die. Another time, I had the flesh eating disease and I had to force myself not to look at it for an hour to see if it would grow an inch.

Just about every path in the flow charts ends with "SEEK EMERGENCY MEDICAL HELP NOW! What you're experiencing is probably just a hangnail but THERE'S A CHANCE IT'S AN ACUTE CASE OF POLYARTERITIS NODOSA AND YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM HAS FAILED, AND WILL BE FOLLOWED SOON BY ALL OF YOUR VITAL SYSTEMS IF YOU DON'T GET ON A DIFRIBULATOR IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS!"

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
On a cheerful note, maybe it's mono. your lymph nodes don't *have* to be swollen.

It could just be an ordinary virus too. We can't stay healthy all the time.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Valley Fever!
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.