FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Unplugged (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrack Unplugged
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I've found a great location. It's located about 10 minutes outside of town on 446. The name of the campground is Paynetown. It is run by the Indiana DNR (department of natural resources). They told me to count on 3 tents per site, or one RV on an electrical site. The Sites are 16 dollars a night for none electrical, and 23 for electrical. We can get some none electrical right next to electrical, so now all I need to know is how many people are coming.

Stryker, The cat herder.

[ September 10, 2004, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: J T Stryker ]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
good prices! sounds like a great idea. Breyerchic was saying you could get tents from the Boy Scouts. How big are these tents and how many will fit on a site?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
They're 4 man tents, and I could fit 3 with fire, or 4 with out, only limitation is, we have to get a campsite for every six people in the group.

[ August 29, 2004, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: J T Stryker ]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
i am coming. i have a list of people who i thought had said they were or were thinking of it. it's 18 including the maybe's and the not overnights, but the pretty definates are 12. i would say get three campsites, maybe one electric, but i don't know. i'll start looking at other stuff, what do people want to see in the area, we have the iu campus, with a cool art museum, the famous sinking library that isn't really sinking, all sorts of restraunts, oliver's winery, i don't know what you would want to see but we have it.

oh and stryker, refresh my memory, how close is paynetonn to the lake, i'll probably go out there sometime soon just too look.

breyerchic the sheltie herder

[ August 29, 2004, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Paynetown right on the river? I seem to recall that's where I always started off from on canoing trips. I guess it'll be too late for canoing, though.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Opera and I will be there.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
space opera, do you have your own tent? I remember you saying you did, but i could be wrong.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm coming.

[Wink]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

what i have so far

definates: blacwolve, snowman, stryker, fugu, aj, me, space opera and hubby, jenny g, husband, and kid, and fizako

the maybe's are marek, happy camper, beatnix, and alcon, toretha, fizako, kyrie

the daytime ones are celia, kyrie(?) and megan

my mom told me we can use our screen tent, which isn't great for sleeping in but could be done, and is big enough most of us could sit in it during a day in case of rain.

there is no home IU game that weekend, it is also not the weekend of the Hilly hundred, so that cuts down on traffic.

there is a tour at the IU art museum at 2pm on saturday.

[ September 01, 2004, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep - we have our own tent. How are we handling food? I didn't know if we were each going to just bring our own, pitch in, or what. Anything is good with me, as long as I get to eat.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

I have no clue how we're working food yet, but the pitch in sounds kinda nice (and easy on me). [Kiss]

The cat herder

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I have talked to lots of people, and I was thinking we could meet at a grocery or Sam's or something, and stop to buy stuff so we don't have lots of duplicates, but have what we need. My biggest concern is a stove or grill or something, so can someone look into bringing one of those, our grill is a pain to transport. We could probably go out or have take out for one meal.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

breyerchic and I were talking about everyone meeting at a grocery store (or sams club) before we actually headed out to the campsite, so everyone could chip in for food at that point.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

hehe AJ
BannaOj
Member # 3206

jinx!
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

I like the shoping idea.... and i have 3 propane stoves of my own (my scout troop bought new ones and i went dumpster diving for the old ones.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

You've got everything stryker!!!!!!! thanks. Now all of my insanity is gone for today, count on more tommorow.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

yep, Cat herder to the rescue again

[Hail] Stryker

I suggest you do like the little purple dude.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

[Hail] breyerchic the amazing sheltie herder. hey i've had lots of idea's I must count for something

[Hail] stryker the cat herder with way too much stuff.

[Hail] AJ the brains without having to lift a finger.

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Are you calling me a pack rat? cause if you are, then I'm the rat cat herder
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

not anymore than my dad, but yeah. It's just he has about 70 engines and motorcycles, cars, all that, but we're out of camping equipment, mom made him throw the old tents out a few years ago, and he just took a propane stove to the junk yard last week (sorry!).
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

so I can't be a rat of a cat herder?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

you can but it won't help your image
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand as a maybe*
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I can come - I've decided to go to Utah in September instead, and I won't have money to go to Indiana.

Once again, no one lives near me. I'm quite enraged.

Hey, anyone want to go camping in Utah the third weekend of September?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Did you guys see that? Kat chose the Utah clump over us. Grab your pitchforks!

space opera

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
IhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyou
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Grab your pitchforks!
Yay! You're coming to visit me!

[ August 30, 2004, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I've added Toretha to my list. Anyone else planning on coming?
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

BUMP
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

this is mostly a note to myself, but also a bump. I can bring this stuff: Screen Tent, 5 chairs in a bag, tarp, gas lantern thing, small gas grill (really small but usefull for several things), fairly large cooler (fits two cases of pop), and my little red wagon. Let me know if their are other normalish things we would need, because we are closer than most people. Mom will bring a van load out on friday, and come pick it up sunday.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

The activities I have brainstormed are Oliver's winery, IU Art Museum, walking around down town/kirkwood

[ September 01, 2004, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
Its possible for me to come, and possibly I could work something out with HappyCamper if he goes, since he would probably be driving through my area to get there. But I havent been following very closesly. What date did you guys decide on?

Also, the sinking library sounds interesting... but maybe only to me [Smile]

edit: I also have a bunch of my own camping supplies, tent, stove, grill, lanter... air bed thingy.

[ September 01, 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: cyruseh ]

Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Camping suplies, we like camping suplies. [Big Grin]

The dates are October 22nd through 24th.

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Oh ya, by the way, the library isn't sinking, but if it were, it'd be the first on our list of p[laces ti visit.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

sinking library? What is it?

Also Cyruseh you might be able to work something out with fiazko since she's in Columbus.

AJ

[ September 01, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

There is an urban legend thet the IU library is sinking into the ground due to an error on part of the architects. In theory, they didn't take into account the weight of the books while disigning the building.
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, most likely, people from columbus or east of cincinnati could drive to meet me in cincinnati, and then I could drive out in my car to the campsite, to split up the driving. This is all just ideas right now though. Wont it be a little COLD?? [Smile]
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh... I so want to come!!
But I'm still poor and don't have any more vacation time left. [Frown] [Cry]

I'll be with you in spirit!
If you find a white tree... that's me!

[Group Hug]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

If its cold we can all huddle together in blankets. I don't think it will be too bad, it will still be october. Kids will be trick or treating the next weekend.

AJ

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

it'll be cold enough that throwing someone into the lake will be a major punishment, and not a normal occurance. [Evil]
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Why do I feel that I'm going to be "going for a swim"? [No No]
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
*squeal* My fall break is from the 15 to 25 of october. i could probably drop in!
Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

kyrie, you have been added to my maybe/daytime list [Smile]

Oh and stryker, I have no idea why you would think you are going for a swim since you know I couldn't push you in the lake or at least I hope you do.

And right now, I really am herding cats, off the computer table.

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if any of you Bloomington people need help planning, just give me a holler...or an email...whichever... [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I will likely be traveling through Indianapolis, so Cinci is a little out of the way, but if anyone from Columbus wants to tag along, let me know.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
kyrie, you have a ten day long fall break!?!? I so should have gone to Grinell...
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ugh... I so want to come!!
Ditto. And I actually freaking live there.

(Bloomingtonians -- please realize that I am NEVER going to let you forget this)

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, printed driving directions.... this is potentially doable although I'm hesitant to say yes or no (because knowing my luck, something will come up again like the last time...) If I do make it, though, I'd be a Saturday daytimer only and probably have the kidlets with me.

When we get closer and I know better if I'm a yes or no, then I'll repost and confirm, as well as find out if anyone wants me to bring goodies (the edible kind... LOL)

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.