FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation (Page 77)

This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  129  130  131   
Author Topic: The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
You are fortunate. I can only shoot digital opponents.

Oh wait... new page. Maybe a good time to change the topic.

Quae ventura post ultimum scriptum nuntius?

Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Petra lupus, victor erit.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Papyrus ursus cædam petra lupus.
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Who is a paper bear?
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Just a combination of the Rock, Paper, Scissors game and an animal that I think should be able to defeat a wolf.

ETA: Apparently it's also some kind of store in San Marcos, TX.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

A bear will run from wolves, because we travel in packs. [Wink]
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Well... I didn't take the time to do actual research on the topic. But it seems I should have gone with the wolverine. Far more aggressive than your average bear. [Big Grin]
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

It's all that adamantium.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Okay... new plan. We both keep posting such inane messages that nobody else will be interested in this thread anymore. Then it'll just be between the two of us.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I like this plan as I have a lot more history in this thread then you, so, win!
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Yes, but this is really the only thread I post in usually, so I don't have to divide my attention.
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Plan: backfired.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

The we have nothing to say but still want to contribute thread.
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
The we have nothing to say but still want to contribute thread.

We used to have a lot more of those, we called them fluff threads, and there was a big group of us who posted in them a ton. It was golden age for saying nothing. in very many words.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

A golden age of fluff...
Tinros
Member # 8328

Hatrack: Golden Fleece edition.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

sounds so...Epic
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

And Greek.
Marek
Member # 5404

and shiny
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Shiny!
Tinros
Member # 8328

There's an NPC in Zangarmarsh (a swamp-like place in World of Warcraft) naked K. Lee Smallfry. When you speak to her, she says, "Have you seen the swamp gas here? Isn't it just SHINY?!"

This makes me happy.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Nice...I didn't know that one.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Yeah! Snow!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

What's snow got to do with it?
Tinros
Member # 8328

What's snow but a second-hand emotion?
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Stop, in the name of snow!
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

All you need is snow.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

And some castles made of snow, fall into the sea, eventually.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Enter snowman
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe this is my fourth post in a row that is putting a thread at the top. So... yeah. Go me! The only one alive!
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Yay Dr S!
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Hurrah!
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your support.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

You are welcome!
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

No biggie
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Hell is a giant banquet table filled with all the delicious foods in the world, and the table is lined with hungry people, but the people must use three foot long utensils, which are too long to reach their mouths, so they sit and hate the bounty as they starve.

Heaven is a giant banquet table filled with all the delicious foods in the world, and the table is lined with hungry people, and the people must use three foot long utensils so they feed each other.

Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Those people in Hell should really just hold their utensils in the middle. Then you can rotate it between your fingers and have one and a half foot left. It should be doable.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Against the rules.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Who cares about the rules? What can they do to you once you're already down there?
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Against the physics.

You can't hold the utensils anywhere but the end, nor not use them.

Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Question:

Are they allowed to operate the utensils using their feet?

vegimo
Member # 12618

- posted      Profile for vegimo           Edit/Delete Post 
A hell of a feat.
Posts: 95 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Only if missing their arms.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Now I can see why, in Hell, there would be rules to 'annoy' the guests. But why is it mandatory to use the utensils in Heaven as well? Does the Almighty put that much weight on proper etiquette?
Tinros
Member # 8328

I imagine feasts in Heaven to be somewhat akin to Medieval Times Dinner Theater. Eating turkey legs with your hands, sopping up soup with hot bread, drinking from tankards of ale.

Now I've gone and made myself hungry.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously? I leave for 5 years, and this "last post" thing is still going? LOL

(Side note: remembered my login on the first try! Booyah!)

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

That does sound nice Tinros, but, rules are rules.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

But if the rules in Heaven are set in stone like that, wouldn't it be possible that for some who have been granted access, all those rules would make heaven feel like its counterpart?

ETA: @ Eruve Nandiriel - Yes, isn't it amazing how popular something that requires no intellect can be?

PS. Congrats on your excellent memory.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Even heaven has rules, [Frown]
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Carpe Noctem!
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  129  130  131   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.