FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hug Thread, v. 3.0 (Page 21)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Hug Thread, v. 3.0
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
Posting to attempt to take the 1000'th post.
Woot!

Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by blacwolve:
((((Earendil)))) What about?

Stuff!
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I desperately need a hug right now.

I love this thread.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Evie3217)))

Glad to help out.

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
The miserable English weather and the three essays I have to do are getting me down; I can't quit crying and I don't enjoy doing anything anymore and I'm not eating properly because it's too expensive; my boyfriend and I keep teetering on the edge of breaking up and I hate that he has to deal with my being sad just because I can't get it under control; and I miss my family and my friends. I could very much use a hug because everything sucks and it feels like it always will.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Fyfe))) I'm so sorry.

And trust me, I know from experience. Things will get better. It may not seem that way right now, but I promise you, things will get better.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Evie)))))
(((((Fyfe)))))
(((((Rotar Mode)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((blacwolve))))) Yeah, they do.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Fyfe)))) I'm so sorry. I know the feeling, and it's aweful to go through.
((((Evie))))

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel so sad and lonely and homesick, I am in a foreign country and I miss my family, nobody is on the messenger and this seems to be the worst New Years Eve I ever had.
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
(((ginette)))
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((ginette))))) [Frown]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
((((ginette))))
((((Fyfe))))

I'm going through a bit of a confusing time. I can't elaborate, but I've been stressing out a lot. Getting more gray hairs than someone my age has any right to have.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
(((ginette))) Hang on. Just once around the sun and it's going to be next year. Here's to a better one if this time around it wasn't your thing. [Smile]
(((Dr Strangelove))) Confusing... Well, hope you unconfuse yourself soon. Take care and I hope you find calmer times.

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((ginette)))
(((Dr Strangelove)))

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Dr. S)))))
ginette
Member # 852

(((Tante Shvester)))
(((Raia)))
(((Dr Strangelove)))
(((Corwin)))
(((Icarus)))
Thanks for helping me through y'all
Almost bedtime for me... and then I'll start to organize my holiday in the Netherlands in February, that will do me good [Smile] .

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

The last fish in one of our aquariums is dying; it likely won't make it through tomorrow. I'm not specifically attached to this or any other fish, and this fish has had an absurdly long life for a tropical fish. We've had it for close to six years. But it upsets me to see it struggling to swim. I'm so fixated/obsessed with death that I see it as a reminder of my own mortality. The idea of realizing that the end is near is devastating to me.

Of course it probably doesn't help that I'm running on too little sleep and too much stress (grades are due January 2) and that it's New Year's.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Ic)))))

I had a similar revelation when my betta died this summer. You don't have to be specifically attached to a fish in order to be moved or upset by watching it die. I'm sorry. [Frown]

fiddle_stix
Member # 9941

- posted      Profile for fiddle_stix           Edit/Delete Post 
((((everyone))))
Posts: 79 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

*grumble*
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Ic)))) What's wrong?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Petty stuff that would reflect poorly on me to whine about.
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((fiddle_stix)))))
(((((Ic))))) [Frown]

Not to steal anyone's thunder, but I could use a few these days too...

Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))

If it's not too muh trouble, I'd like to put in a request for hugs myself.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Raia)))) How are you holding up?
((((Tinros))))
((((Icarus))))

Icarus
Member # 3162

(((blacwolve)))
(((Raia))) I don't think it's possible to steal anybody's thunder in this thread. That's kind of the point--and the beauty--of it.
(((Tinros)))

Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Tinros)))))
(((((blacwolve))))) Ok... I've been trying to keep really busy, which has kind of been working, but whenever I have a minute to myself, it's not so good. :/ It'll pass, I know, but right now it sucks.
(((((Ic))))) [Smile]

As well as other issues that have been plaguing me recently, I also just found out that my music scholarship for next semester is at stake... I haven't completed my voice jury yet, because I had lost my voice by the end of last semester, and was physically UNABLE to perform it, so I currently have an incomplete grade in voice. I'm making it up sometime in the next two weeks, which is perfectly within the school code guidelines, but I just got a letter that said that I haven't met the requirements and that they are suspending my scholarship for the spring semester.

I can't afford to go to school here without a scholarship... and it seems very unfair to me, considering this is beyond my control... I'm going to talk to my teacher about it tomorrow, and see if she's worried. Hopefully, once I perform my jury and fill in the grade, they'll re-issue my scholarship, but I can't help being really paranoid that I might not be around anymore in a couple of weeks. [Frown]

Icarus
Member # 3162

"I want to go live in a house with nice parents."
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That's almost as classic as "I HATE YOU!!! YOU'RE SO MEAN!" Congrats. You have arrived. [Wink]

(((((Ic))))) Because even if it is congratulation-worthy (and I really think it is), it's still no fun to hear.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Raia)))) That sucks about your scholarship. I hope that you get it cleared up soon.

((((Icarus)))) You're a great parent.

((((rivka))))

Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
((Icarus)) Welcome. To think, in a few years my granddaughter will be doing the same to her parents, and coming to me for advice.
*Daydreams*
((Hatrack))

Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Ic))))) I know that sucks to hear, but you ARE a wonderful parent, and that'll be remembered soon... really. [Smile]
(((((blacwolve))))) Yeah, it does. I'm talking to Caroline today.
(((((rivka))))) I miss you.
(((((Rotar Mode)))))

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I know I've been more of a lurker than poster lately, but I could use some Hatrack hugs.

My job is sucking. I am under a lot of stress from time constraints and scheduling and equipment that doesn't work. My mother's health has really gone downhill in the last year. She's had to walk with a cane or walker (until a recent fall that left her in a wheelchair, hopefully only temporarilly). She's losing her hair and is buying a wig this week. It's really frightening watching your mom fall apart, especially when she's too young (54) for this kind of thing. My husband and I made some bad choices a couple weeks ago, that while somewhat damaging to our relationship, has actually made us more dedicated to each other. We are also grappling with the decision to start a family. We've been talking about it for a while now, and we've been thinking for the last month or so that the time is actually right. I'm terribly excited but also terrified about the idea of becoming a mother. I've started going off my meds in anticipation of going off my birth control and the whole experience is really overwhelming to think about. I know all these things will all be ok, but it's all a little scary and overwhelming right now.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((ludosti)))) Have you thought about (or can you?) just take half a day and go off alone somewhere just to think by yourself? It sounds like you might find that helpful.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia))))) I miss you too. Hey, I know what you need! A trip to sunny SoCal will cheer you right up! [Big Grin]

(((((ludosti))))) Wow, that's a lot to deal with all at once! I second blacwolve's suggestion of some intensive you-time.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((rivka))))) That WOULD cheer me right up... until I get the little piece of paper that has my negative account balance on it. [Razz]

(((((ludosti))))) Aww... that sounds rough. I hope things get easier for you!

Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
Can I get a hug too? Not so serious of a problem, but I did slip and fall on the ice in my parking lot today. (I figured a hug would be better than a kiss where it really does hurt... O_o)
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

(((Squish)))
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Squish))))

I like this thread. I've been down the last few days. It wasn't something I needed hugs for, just an intense apathy, and giving hugs helped me break out of it. So thanks everyone I got to hug!

Temposs
Member # 6032

- posted      Profile for Temposs           Edit/Delete Post 
((((ludosti)))))

If you need anything from me(chatting, etc...) you know how to contact me.

Posts: 106 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

(((ludosti))) Sure everything will be allright [Smile]
(((blacwolve)))
(((Squish)))

Icarus
Member # 3162

(((rivka)))
(((Rotar Mode)))
(((Raia)))
(((Squish)))

Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Squish))))) Aww.
(((((ginette)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((rivka)))))
(((((ludosti)))))
(((((Ic)))))
(((((Temposs))))) !! I don't think I've ever seen you in this thread before! Welcome, my dear. [Smile]

Raia
Member # 4700

Ok, I could use one again... (this just isn't my week)...

One of my roommates is mad at me. Granted, this doesn't seem like such a big deal, but I didn't do anything wrong, but, since she holds grudges like NO OTHER, I know this is going to last a really long time. I still haven't forgotten the two month period last year when she thought I was involved with her boyfriend, and didn't talk to me at all (though she would yell at him quite a bit for it...)

I really love her to death, and for the greater part of last year we were great friends. But now she's mad at me again, and I know I have another crazylong time of open hostility to look forward to... and on top of the rest of my life falling to pieces around me (all in the past week and a half... imagine that), I'm not altogether thrilled.

Basically, I'm in a horrible bitchy mood and I just need some love. [Frown]

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))

and (((Tante))

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

(((Raia)))
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the hugs. =)
(((Raia)))
(((blacwolve)))
(((rivka)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Icarus)))
(((Temposs)))
(((ginette)))

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah! I really am getting sucked into Hatrack if I'm posting in the hug thread... ; )

!((((( * )))))! *insert arrow here, thanks rivka* that's my big bear-type hug to anyone who needs one, whenever they need it.

((( Temposs ))) because I know how crummy family back stories/drama can be when you're planning something big.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((You guys))))) Thanks. [Smile]

Things just go up and down, y'know? Right now they're kind of down, but I think they're starting to head up again soon...

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.