FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hug Thread, v. 3.0 (Page 11)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Hug Thread, v. 3.0
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got asked to the Prom! *bounce [Big Grin]
Now I have to ask my parents if it's ok with them, and I haven't gotten the guts to ask yet. [Frown]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((blacwolve)))))) well, i have limited expereance, but melvin and i made a point of saying what ever it was imediatly. I have started to do that (some of the time) with matt. Something simple is good "would mind not doing that around me, im sorry, it just really bothers me, i dont know why" Or if you do, say so. It really has worked well so far. gets things out in the open. Although with Matt, i have had to harass him to do the same to me, and he has started to luckly.

((((((raia)))))) this probably is not the best of sugestions, but sence you are moveing out soon... bite back hard when one of them snaps at you. let it all out. [Evil] . or not. [Embarrassed]

(((hug thread))) nice to have it on the front page for a while

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Eru))))) Yay! [Smile] I'm sure they'll be fine with it!
(((((kyrie))))) Hehe, I'm trying NOT to cause the War of the Dorms... but if necessary, I may do that. I have three days to move my stuff, before I have to return my old key on thursday. [Big Grin]
(((((rivka)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Jonny)))))
(((((My other Hatrack friends)))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Well, I finally got the guts to ask my parents about going...and they were not happy about it. They're really reluctant to let me go out (they can be protective, old-fashioned, etc). So it's a maybe...or technically a "probably yes".

So I'm anxious...I hope they'll let me go...

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*hughug* Good luck!

But, I mean you're 17 (right?)... they can't REALLY refuse, that's silly. But good luck!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Eruve))))) Good luck. [Smile]

I need hugs. I am soooooo tired of going 'round and 'round and 'round on this awful divorce agreement. It was almost DONE. Just a few details (there are ALWAYS a few more details). And now he's trying to back out of a huge part of it -- but expects the rest of it (including compromises I made based on that large piece) to stay the same. *primal scream*

It is never going to be over. I will be tied to this <epithet> until the day I die. *cries*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((romany & family)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Kylie)))
(((Zotto)))
(((Elder Zevlag)))

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug]

edited for formatting errors.

[ March 01, 2005, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((((((((((רבקה)))))))))))))))
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((rikva))))
((((Eruve))))
((((Raia))))
((((Derrell))))
((((kyrie))))
[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

My Dad said I may go! [Big Grin] But the guy still has to ask my dad's permission (and he's really quiet, so I hope he can get the nerve to ask), and there will be restrictions on "activities". But at least I can go! *bounce* Now I have to find something to wear...that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars...

(((((Raia)))))
(((((Rivka)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Everyone)))))

Corwin
Member # 5705

[The Wave]
[Party]
(((Eruve))) Tell your friend that if he doesn't ask your father about it he'll have to deal with us! [Wink]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Eru, have I told you recently how cute you are? [Smile]

Good luck finding a dress! And we want pictures!

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
If someone else had just posted >_< would people have thought it was some sort of insult, or would people have correctly interpreted it as a reaction to something going on in outside life, and therefore a desire for hugs?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know what it meant, so I couldn't react to it one way or another, but...

(((((Icarus)))))

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(((((Icarus))))) [Razz]
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Icarus)))) [Smile]
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Ic)))))) Sorry!!! [Blushing] *more hugs for Ic*

Is everything alright?

rivka
Member # 4859

Sorry, Ic. Paranoid -- I thought at first it was a response to the post above it (mine).

((((((((((Ic))))))))))

*oddly cheerful* In other news, I have discovered that my life can if fact suck more than it did two days ago! Go me! [Wall Bash]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
(?(Ic)?) <--Confused hug.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((rivka))) It'll get better.
(((Raia)))
(((Eruve))) Enjoy the prom.
(((ludosti)))
(((Kylie)))
(((Corwin)))

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Corwin)))) [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

quote:
But, I mean you're 17 right?... they can't REALLY refuse, that's silly. But good luck!
ahh hemm, I seem to recall a raia haveing a simmiler problem with a prom at one point [Wink] .
(((raia)))
((((eruve)))) good luck!
((((((rivka)))))) im soo sorry [Frown] . He wont be there forever though. Although I hope he comes to see sense soon.
((((icaurs)))) i hope what caused the >_<, is now better/ delt with/ or gone.
*blacwolve* its not letting me hug you proberly... sorry. because i got to talk to you on aim today. we are so often on at the same time, that we have fallen out of the habit of chatting.

I could use a hug please. i got an email from a friend. it was not exactly good news, although it was nice to hear from her. Im actually really upset and/or worried about it. I keep finding myself thinking about her when im doing something eles.

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((kyrie)))))))))) He won't be there forever? Uh . . . well, we share custody of the kids, so unless you're volunteering to bump him off ( [Wink] ), he will be. But yeah, these issues will get settled sooner or later. I just wish it could be done. *sigh*
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((kyrie)))) i hope everything's ok.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((kyrie and friend))))) I'm not sure who the friend is, or what happened, but I hope everything's ok...
(((((Everyone else)))))

This is now the second day in a row I've gotten up early for a class that doesn't exist. [Grumble]

Corwin
Member # 5705

((((tt&t)))) [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]  
((((Raia)))) Well, wait till you wake up for class on Sunday! [Big Grin]
((((kyrie))))
((((rivka))))
((((Derrell))))
((((blacwolve)))) Still planning on changing the screenname after 3000 posts?
((((Little_Doctor))))
((((Stryker))))
((((Altáriël of Dorthonion))))
((((Ic)))) <_>
((((Alcon))))
((((Allegra))))
((((Jay))))
((((breyerchic))))

Special hug: ((((Jonathan Howard)))) [Razz]

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
(((Rivka)))
(((Corwin)))
(((tt&t)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Imogen)))
(((Toretha)))
(((Icarus)))
(((Farmgirl)))
(((Zotto)))
(((Telp)))
(((Kat)))

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
(((rivka)))
(((Stryker)))
(((breyerchic04)))
(((blacwolve)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Corwin)))
(((Little_Doctor)))
(((kyrie)))
(((Anna)))

>_<

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*moves things out of Ic's way so he doesn't trip*

((((((((((Ic))))))))))

tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Icky))))) Hope whatever it is goes away soon. [Smile]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
((((Raia)))) Well, wait till you wake up for class on Sunday! [Big Grin]
Sunday I have class at 8:30 in the morning, thankyouverymuch. [Razz]
rivka
Member # 4859

Are you sure? [Wink]
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Ic))))
((((Raia)))) You're welcome. [Razz]
((((rivka))))
((((Anna))))

And I kind of need a hug...

rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Corwin))))))))))
Raia
Member # 4700

I'm positive. [Big Grin]

(((((((Corwin)))))))) Are you ok?

kyrie
Member # 6415

(((((corwin)))))
((((ic))))
((((blacwolve))))
((((raia))))
((((rivka))))
thanks for the hugs.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Corwin)))) Yea, but it's taking me forever to get there
((((Raia))))
((((rivka))))
((((Ic))))
((((kyrie))))

Corwin
Member # 5705

((((rivka))))
((((Raia))))
((((kyrie))))
((((blacwolve))))

quote:
Are you ok?
Dunno. Life's such a funny/strange/exciting/ironic thing sometimes! And then you compare it to love and, impossible as it might seem, it looks quite plain... [Wink]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I just got back from a long weekend of robotics competition. We didn't do as well as I'd hoped, but we still came out okay. I'm exhausted and don't feel like naming everyone, so...

(((((Everyone)))))

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Eruve)))
Glad everyone is okay [Wink]

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Corwin -- I understand completely. Trust me. I really really do. *hug*
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 

I should be asleep, but I'm having too much fun playing MEM. *bounce* [Smile]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
I should be asleep, but I am having a wake for my cousin who died recently. I am a little drunk.
He died of natural causes, we guess a heart attack although he was less than 40.

[Cry] [Frown]

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*hugs Mormo tight* Once again (unfortunately) I understand completely... I don't know if you were around, 5-6 months ago, when I also lost a cousin... this one was only fourteen years old.

I'm so sorry. I'm afraid that nothing will make it better. Time will heal, to some extent, but... it's not something that can really be dealt with. But you have my utmost sympathy. I'm so so sorry. [Frown]

Mormo
Member # 5799

Yes, I was around, I sent you an e-mail. [Smile]
Thank you, Shani! I appreciate the sympathy.
[Smile] Morbo

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Raia)))) Heh, I could probably write a landmark just about things that cannot / did not / will not happen! [Smile] [Frown] I guess sometime it can be nice to love even if you know for sure it's not the right time for the other person... It's hard, but there's really nothing I can do about it. And I'm glad I'm wise enough - or so I keep telling myself - to actually understand that I shouldn't act.

((((Eruve)))) Well, I hope you're unplugged now and getting some rest. [Wink]
((((mothertree))))
((((Alcon)))) And MEM stands for what exactly?
((((Morbo)))) Hope you remember the good times you had together. [Smile]
((((rivka))))
((((kyrie))))
((((blacwolve))))
((((tt&t))))
((((Ic))))

Raia
Member # 4700

You did send me an e-mail. I didn't realize when I wrote this that you were Morbo. I read that in another thread. Thank you for that, it meant a lot. [Smile] (((((Morbo)))))

(edit: I forgot to reply to Corwin!)

(((((Corwin))))) I think that's a very important thing. You really are a very wise person. I wish that I had the ability to judge when and when not to act on impulse!

[ March 06, 2005, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Mormo
Member # 5799

It's OK, Shani, I figured as much since I just changed to Mormo, and even as Morbo I wasn't very active a few months ago, just online at the library occasionally. Glad to know my email meant something, and thanks for your sympathy. I had forgotten that your cousin died suddenly last year. [Frown]
Morbo

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Morbo! I need to check this thread more often.
My dad had his first heart attack at 42. That seemed really old when I was 13. Now, well, it is a year away for me.
((Morbo))

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

Thanks, Elizabeth and Shani.
I could copy-n-paste everyone who needs a hug, but I'll just say
((Corwin)) the most recent hugee
((everyone else))
and (rivka) cause she's huggable

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.