FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hug Thread, v. 3.0 (Page 20)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Hug Thread, v. 3.0
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((Anna)))))))

When I'm feeling down I tend to listen to a certain song ( At Least We're Dreamin', by Eve 6) and it cheers me right up.

Particularly the lines:

quote:
At least I'm breathin'.
At least I'm alive.
As long as I'm dreamin',
everything's gonna be alright.

Hang in there!
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in a really good mood. Free hugs for all! (((((((Hatrack)))))))
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Anna)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Anna)))
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Anna)))))
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxsockeh
Member # 9186

- posted      Profile for xxsockeh   Email xxsockeh         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Everyone))))
Yeah, most of you prob'ly don't know me, but oh well. [Razz] Not having the best day, dunno why. So I need to hug you all. [Razz]

Posts: 63 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
(((Alcon)))
(((blacwolve)))
(((rivka)))
(((Anna)))
(((Derrell)))
(((xxsockeh)))

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((xxsockeh)))))
(((((Icky))))) Feeling better?
(((((Anna)))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxsockeh
Member # 9186

[Smile] Feeling happier today!
((((Raia))))
((((Icarus))))

Posts: 63 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

I could rather use a few hugs right now. There's three weeks left in the semester and I have 4 programs that need to be written (one in assembly, 2 in C++ using OpenGL to implement 3d->2d transformations and ray tracing's basic alogrithms -- as in... the one's OpenGL's supposed to do for you, and one thats basically a virtual circuit design language/machine language), a paper worth 35% of my grade where I have to design a mission to another planet (I've choosen Mars, the mission looking at Martian ground ice) and two papers due in my english course. The mars paper is due wednesday, as is the assembly program. The graphics program is due tuesday, as is a revision of one of my english papers. Each of those programs could easily take 12 -24 hours of straight productive work to complete. I have no idea where I'm going to find that time... short of skipping all my classes monday and working straight through sunday and sunday night (even then...). I'm so stressed out its not even funny. I've been working on all this stuff pretty much every free moment I have for the past week, but I still haven't even made a dent. And I've only got like 3 or 4 days left on some of them.

Add to this the fact that I got hit by a huge burst of loneliness and homesickness tonight (probably due to the stress) and yeah... I could really use a hug [Frown]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

((((Alcon)))) Ouch. That sucks, dude. When I have all my deadlines come together like that, I remind myself that in a week (or whatever) it will all be over, and, for better or worse, the stress will be lifted. :-\ Of course, when it gets really insane like that (which it will for me soon) I also leave Hatrack until it's all over. [Wink]

-o-

(((xxsockeh)))
(((Raia))) I'm doing alright at the moment. [Smile] Ask me again in a week or two . . . [Big Grin] / [Angst]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Icarus))))) Ok, I will. [Smile]
(((((Daniel))))) I'm going through something very similar right now... so I totally relate. It sucks. It really does. I'm sorry.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Daniel, I'm worried dear, you said Choosen.

(((alcon)))

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxsockeh
Member # 9186

((((Alcon))))
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Alcon)))). I definately can relate at least somewhat to the evil nature of the end of semester workload. [Frown]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I suddenly missed this thread... (((((Hatrack)))))

Hope everyone is having a good day. [Smile]

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I hear you, Raia. Missed it too.

((((Raia)))) [Smile]
[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I was just thinking about this thread the other day. I didn't bump it, because at the end it seemed like I was the only one bumping it, and so I figured if everyone else was tired of it, I would let it stay buried.

(((Raia)))
(((Rivka)))

rivka
Member # 4859

I missed this thread. [Smile] And I needed a hug. Thanks, guys!

(((((Icky)))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
awww! This is the best thread ever! What a nice community.

(((((Everybody)))))

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((rivka)))) And I bet the thread missed you too. [Wink]
((((Libbie)))) Welcome to the hug thread. [Big Grin]
((((Icarus)))) Axiom: You can't get permanently tired of the hug thread.
((((Raia)))) [Kiss] Thanks again for bumping this.

((((You!))))

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Corwin))))) [Kiss]
(((((Ic)))))
(((((rivka)))))
(((((Libbie)))))

(((((Lyr))))) [Kiss]

(((((Hatrack!)))))

rivka
Member # 4859

Silly Corwin. The thread's not alive.

Is it? [Angst]

(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Raia)))))

Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Hatrack)))
I'd ask for hugs on behalf of a friend of a friend who recently passed away, but nobody should hug a toad, they'll get warts.
Not to mention burned.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
I love toads, Toad! I used to have two, and they were among my favorite pets (but all my pets are my favorites).

(((((((((((((((((Flaming Toad on a Stick)))))))))))))))))))

Sorry about your friend's friend. [Frown]

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Cylons)))

Because even genocidal robots need love.

And here's one for Hatrack.
(((((((Hatrack)))))))

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((((((((((( [The Wave] ))))))))))))))))))))

Because these little guys rock!

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll confess, I'm not all that big on hugs. But I could use some friendly pats or side hugs. I'm missing home and feeling like my friends have forgotten about me.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*squeezes Dr. S's hand*
rivka
Member # 4859

*pats the good Doc on the back*
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I could use some hugs.

It's stupid, but today is my boyfriend's birthday (Started about an hour ago) and it's a big deal he's getting all of these presents from mutual friends who didn't even bother to call when I turned 21 this summer. And it's really making me realize how much all of my friends here are really his friends, and how alone I really am here.

So I'm going to be putting on a happy face all day, because I want him to have a great birthday; but if I could have a couple of hugs to get me through the day, it would be great.

Thanks

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

That's hard. (((((Kara)))))

It's ok to tell him how you feel, you know. Although waiting a day or two might be good.

Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Kara)))))

You know... I could use some hugs too.

It is 1:23 in the morning. I am already resigned to pulling an all-nighter, because I still have a paper and a French poem to write before 9:00 am tomorrow. But I have spent the past five or six hours comforting friends of mine who have severely needed it... and I'm completely drained. My room has had one person after another, and of course, I'm really glad to have helped them, but it's been a really emotionally heavy day, and I don't know how much more I can handle. Especially since I got four and a half hours of sleep (or less) last night, and I'm not getting any at all tonight.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Raia)))) That's tough, good luck.
((((rivka))))

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

o_O

I could have sworn I posted here.

(((blacwolve))) I know just how you feel.
(((Raia))) Your friends are lucky to have you.
(((rivka))) Just because.

rivka
Member # 4859

Raia, you ARE allowed to say, "I'm kind of busy right now. Could we do this later?" (((((Raia))))) Hope you got at least a bit of sleep.

(((((José))))) [Big Grin]

and another for (((((blacwolve)))))

Alcon
Member # 6645

(((((Kara))))) We summer birthdays tend to get forgotten about. Everybody's busy with whatever work they're doing and forgetting about the school year. Sometimes they forget about more than that. If you need a friendly ear for a rant you know where to find me though.
((((Raia))))) Still with the amazing person. But still ditto what Rivka said.
(((Rivka)))
(((Icarus)))

I'm glad this thread showed up right now. I needed it to.

I could use a few hugs. It's that time of the semester again... Dying under piles of work, only this time add swim practice for two and a half hours a day which leaves me completely exhausted. Ugh... two weeks left.

Icarus
Member # 3162

(((Alcon)))

-o-

My workday ended twenty minutes ago, but I have at least an hour's worth of work I need to do before I can leave, and it's not even anything useful to getting me caught up, like grading or lesson-planning. [Frown]

blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Alcon))))
((((Icarus))))

Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Kara))))) Thanks. I hope you feel a bit better now. [Smile]

(((((Ic))))) [Smile] You're sweet. It's what anyone would do for them, though! Thanks.

(((((rivka))))) If you'd seen the way they looked or heard how they sounded on the phone, I don't think you would have had the heart to turn them down... especially my two friends who NEVER cry, ever -- even when A's previous girlfriend broke up with him, and he was torn up inside, he had to force himself to look upset so people wouldn't look suspicious. But both were sobbing. B for an hour and a half without stopping. [Frown] (P.S. I'm not calling them A and B to put them in order of priority or anything, those are actually the letters that start their names.)

(((((Alcon))))) *blush* I'm not amazing... like I said, anyone would have tried to help. [Smile] But thanks. And I hope you feel better and a little less stressed... I know what crunch time can be like!

Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Just worried. [Angst]

Please return [Group Hug]
(((EVERYONE)))

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Earendil18)))
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Earendil)))) What about?
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Earendil18)))))
Alcon
Member # 6645

((((Earendil))))
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Hugz.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

(((Earendil)))
(((Raia)))

Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Ic)))))

Not to be a hug-addict, but I could use a few more... I'm just so tired of people who think they know what's best for me, who think they know me better than I know myself... who make assumptions and pass judgment on me automatically just because my close friends on campus are guys...

I think I have a lot fewer good friends than I thought I did. [Frown]

blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Raia)))) people suck sometimes.
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, this looks fun.
I'm feeling pretty good right now, so hugs all around.
(((Hatrack)))

Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.