FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I miss Annie, and now, You all are so sweet! :) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I miss Annie, and now, You all are so sweet! :)
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
The last time we got to see each other was Thanksgiving, and now it looks like due to time and money constraints we wont be able to see each other again before we go on our missions. That means more than 2 and a half years without seeing each other and I’m feeling lonely right now. [Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ February 22, 2005, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] How sad. I remember being in a long-distance relationship. It's hard. We got to the point where we pretty much either had to break up, or get married.

But while you're on your missions, while I'm sure you'll write if you have time, and occasionally see something that makes you think of the other, you'll both be so caught up in the Lord's work, I doubt you'll have time to be sad. It will go by so fast, you won't notice it as much as if you had to spend that much time apart while home.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

It's like Anne Shirley and Gilbert!

Um.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I love those books!!!!!!!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, if you are both going to serve missions while dating, it has got to be easier to do the missions simultaneously. I know of couples who did one after the other, and I imagine that's got to be harder.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

me too [Smile]

And they only had letters, too.

(that was to kq, obviously)

[ February 21, 2005, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey hey, there's a cure for the loneliness in your hand!
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could skip the missions, get married, and make babies. [Evil] I'm just saying....we all have options...
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That's an option you'd regret. But when you think of it that way, it does put it in perspective, doesn't it?

And, you'll have spices to occupy your time. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww... ((Hobbes))
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks, kids. [Frown]

(((((((Annie'n'Hobbes)))))))

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Missions cannot stop True Love. They can only delay it for a little while.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Group Hug]

We decided together between mission and marriage and both felt impeled to serve, and it will get easier of course when we're both in the field so really I should shut-up and stop whinning, but I'm lonely.
[Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Missions cannot stop True Love. They can only delay it for a little while.
[Smile]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, sheesh, Hobbes, how much would it cost to get one of you to where the other one is? I know I'm personally willing to contribute $30 or so to the "give Hobbes and Annie one last chance to hang out together" fund.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
And I'll contribute -$30. Send those 30 bucks this way Tom, they owe me it.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I'm concerned, I owe Annie $20. So you're up to $50. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Hobbes, and Annie)))))

I also remember being in a long-distance rel... oh, wait...

I know how hard it can be. Trust me. I haven't had to go two and a half years, but who knows how far away we'll be from each other next year! And I feel like it's been that long sometimes. So trust me, I understand. *hug*

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd contribute too.

You two are amazing together. I think you will do just fine, but I know how painful it is to be separated for even a short stretch like a month.

Someone bump this thread with instructions if we're seriously going to take up a collection.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll contribute also.

Do the contributors get to decide if we're sending Hobbes to Annie, Annie to Hobbes, or making them meet at a deserted truck stop somewhere in the middle? [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, though, I bet there'd be a lot of Hatrackers willing to pitch in. I know Strider and I would...

who's willing to be in charge of the fund?

[ February 21, 2005, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I think we send whoever it's cheaper to send. And I think we use our Hatrack travel experts to determine that, yes? Unless they've already done the research. Plus, we need to know when they're available time-wise.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Well then!

Hobbes, Annie? We'll make this happen for you! Now just tell us when you wanna go!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
This is cool!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I can certainly give $10 or $20; someone set it up, and I'll do it. [Smile]
beverly
Member # 6246

Whoo hoo! Hatrack Makes Love Happen. [Smile]
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you guys! You don't have to do this!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

We want to. Please let us. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing]

Well, you'll have to ask Hobbes about when and where. He's the one with school and deadlines.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, that would probably mean Spring break, then.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*pushes chips across the table*

I'm in, and I'll raise you $10. [Wink]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

I'll be happy to kick in $20. Just please someone remind me when the time comes.

[ February 22, 2005, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*hesitant*

If no one else is going to, I'll volunteer to collect. I'd prefer if someone else does, though . . .

Shigosei
Member # 3831

Perhaps whichever person will be going should collect. That way, s/he can buy the tickets him/herself.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Let us sleep on it and let more people see it tomorrow before you volunteer. We'll see if anyone is up for collecting. [Smile]

BTW Annie, are your papers in yet?

[ February 22, 2005, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Shig, some people may prefer not to disclose the exact amount they are giving toward the cause. That's difficult if one of the principals collects. (Not impossible. They could cover their eyes . . . [Wink] )
Shigosei
Member # 3831

hmm...good point. However, if someone uses paypal combined with an e-mail which has no obvious connection to the person, that would work okay.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

rivka, if you tell me how, I'll do it. I just don't know what this involves.
rivka
Member # 4859

kq, do you have paypal?
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd chip in. I'll just wait for more details.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
How much money are we talking about here for the "trip"? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisha-princess
Member # 6966

- posted      Profile for Lisha-princess   Email Lisha-princess         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew it!!! I *knew* that if Hatrack found out Hobbes and Annie weren't going to see each other, that you guys would make a way! *dances around*
Posts: 119 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Blushing]

[Wave]

[Group Hug]

[Cry]
[Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

ElJay
Member # 6358

So Hobbes.... enough with the waterworks, when do you want to go to Montana? Or the other way around? [Wink]
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Smile]

I don't think I can travel at all to be honest. Hmmm...

I'm afraid last time I missed school to see Annie I dropped a letter grade in at least one of my classes. When I get home my parents would probably kill me (and rightfully so) if I didn't spend that time with them before leaving.

Now I suppose I could make a detour when flying home after the school year (May 10 or 11), but that would mean a flight in from Indiana to Montana, and then from Montana to Colorado, and I wouldn't know how to do that besides two one-ways, which would be much more expensive. If Annie is available any time (which she isn't really but I guess doesn't have any specific scheduled black-out dates either) then there are three options I guess. Spring Break (March 13 to 20th), after school, and some other time (the first two would be to Colorado, the other to Indiana). The problem with after the school year is I'm getting my wisdom teeth out, I think on the 11th, and would have to be back for that if I was going to see Annie and she would probably want to come after that. Though I guess that is less of a problem since I have until June I guess.

If she were to come to Indiana, well then I would still have to go to school, but ummm, other than that, I don't have any limits really. Though the last week (First week in May) might be a bad idea since I really should be studying.

[Group Hug]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ February 22, 2005, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

So you're flying to Colorado for Spring Break, and leave for your mission in June? Edit: And will be home after school May 10thish.

Annie, weigh in on your preferences, please.

Also, what cities are we talking for airports? We'll need to know what airports you'd be flying in/out of to figure out how much money we need to come up with. [Smile]

[ February 22, 2005, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Yes, I'm going home for Spring Break (Colorado), and right after school, the tickets for the former have been bought but not the latter.

To Indiana: Indy Airport
To Colorado: DIA
To Montana: Missoula.

It's true I don't have enough money for a full, round-trip plane ticket but I can still put in a significant amount...

Hobbes [Smile]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Two things:

- Are Hobbes and Annie in the military or are the missionaries???

- I would contribute money, but I can't. I don't have a checkbook or some sort of electric money transfer thing, you see? Sorry, Annie and Hobbes will a hug do? [Group Hug] (((Annie and Hobbes)))

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
What about Annie coming to Colorado on your spring break, is that an option?
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.