FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I miss Annie, and now, You all are so sweet! :) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I miss Annie, and now, You all are so sweet! :)
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
A quick search without putting too much effort into it shows a ticket price of $387 to get Annie to CO, either for Spring Break or in mid-May, doesn't seem to make a difference.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

A&H are the quintessential Hatrack couple. Young, smart, cute, talented, LDS, and getting ready to go off on their separate 2 year mission trips.

We fully expect that when they return they will get married on the way home from the airport and start having Hobbeslets and Annielets as soon as possible. Or else!

Many of us got to meet them in person over the years. Most recently (I think) at KamaCon where everyone was into Annie's pants.

This all should've been covered on the test, come to think of it. At least the Annie's pants part.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
Or else!
Um, no pressure or anything. Not like a mission is a life-changing experience.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Colorado and Montana are, like, both squareish states with nothing in them, right? Which means they're close to each other. Would Greyhound be acceptable?

[ February 22, 2005, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Spring Break is probably no good. My mom has spring break at the same time and might have to do some traveling and I'm her primary babysitter.

May sounds much better, and I'm more likely to be able to take work off by then.

And Narnia - no, I haven't. I'm still working on trying to pay off old bills and get my teeth fixed before I can go. Hopefully (hopefully, hopefully) I'll be able to leave in June.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Look, love admits no impediments. Including babysitting. [Smile] In order for us to help you, you have to be willing to help yourselves.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We fully expect that when they return they will get married on the way home from the airport and start having Hobbeslets and Annielets as soon as possible.
Now, Bob, let's not forget who's marrying much sooner than they are. I fully expect Boblets and Danalets to dance at Hobbes and Annie's wedding [Razz]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Is it OK of "Boblets and Danalets" made me think of those chewy apple candies?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll contribute to A&H fund. [Smile]

Tom's right - y'all need to do your part. Annie, you need to 1. Find a time, and 2. Call me so I give you the HTML and design work I don't want to do and am searching for someone to do for me. Am willing to pay.

There may some small programming, and if you involve Hobbes, I'll subcontract him, too.

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Kat, I shall e-mail you. My cell phone is out of commission, so I have to wait until my mom is here to use hers. [Smile]
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

Okay. [Smile]

My uncle will be very happy.

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

She said she could do it in May. That's closer to when they leave, anyway, so each chunk of away-time would be closer to even. (Still not close, I grant you, but since the prices are about the same I don't think it matters.)
ElJay
Member # 6358

Holy... Greyhound is 21 hours 45 minutes, but the fare is $119 standard or $59 7 day advance. Annie, if you want to go in May and don't mind spending a day on the bus each way, we've got more than that in pledges now. (I've done OK to MN on greyhound many times... headphones and a book are required, but other than that it's fine.)
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

By the way, have I mentnioned how proud of and excited for y'all I am?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, I need to update my account, but that should be easy. Actually, I'm just going to go start a new one. Everyone, check back here in a couple of minutes.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, anyone who wants to send money to the "Hobbes and Annie Pre-Mission Get-Together Fund" and has paypal, you can send it to my account, associated with the e-mail address ketchupqueen AT sbcglobal DOT net. If you don't have paypal, e-mail me at that address for a physical address to send it to. (But everyone has paypal, right?)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and where is Annie going to stay when she gets out there? Is there a Jatraquera in the area who feels comfortable hosting her (and whom she will feel comfortable staying with)? Or shall money above what's spent to get her out there go to a hotel?
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I can donate after I get paid on Friday (well, midnight Thursday actually). Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to be able to be a part of this [Smile]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I think that if she's going to visit in CO, that means he's at his parent's home, which is probably properly chaperoaned. So I doubt we need to find someone for her to stay with. But I could, of course, be totally off base. [Smile]
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
This is all so sweet!

[Big Grin]

[Group Hug]

If she comes to visit at Colorado she can stay at my parents house which doe shave a guest bedroom and everything (she's stayed there before). [Smile]

If she visits in Indiana, we can work something out (right Lisha?) though it sounds like this probably wont be happening.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Great. Bob_Scopatz, thanks for getting the ball rolling: there is now money in the Hobbes and Annie fund! [Wave]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hey, Hobbes, maybe you should change the title of the thread to "Send Annie to See Me". [Wink]
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile] I have an awesome future brother-in-law. I'll donate when I get home, if I can remember my paypall password. [Wink]
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Blushing]

KQ, I want to wait until the first money I sent you is there before I send more, to make sure how I did it works, but I'll donate as much as I can afford (it's worth not buying high quality flour to see Annie [Cool] )

Hobbes [Smile]

[ February 22, 2005, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Chill out, Hobbes, and wait and see how much comes in before you go doing that. Some of us are in a lot better financial positions then you are right now, let us do something nice for you. Later on in life, when you're where we are now, you'll do something nice for someone else. That's how it works.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hobbes, it looks like you won't have to pay for this one. If everyone who has said they will contributes, we may even get to send Annie by plane (depending on dates, too, but we'll see).

[ February 22, 2005, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have an awesome future brother-in-law.
Funny, so do I!
(oh, and awesome future sister-in-law too!)

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I've talked it over with Annie, niether of us are entirley comfortable with the Greyhound, 21 hours for what amounts to a 12 hour drive. Annie has had some bad (and recent experiences) on trips like this and we would both like to stear clear of this option if we can. Though since we're relying pretty much entirley on the charity of Hatrack it not really our place to call this. [Smile]

You guys are so sweet! I can't say this enough! [Group Hug]

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Like I said, if everyone contributes who has said they will, and you get me dates so I can start watching fares, it should be do-able. [Smile]
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyway to nail down a date and the airfare before the rest of us start contributing? That way you could give us a goal to reach and once we reach it, we can stop -- knowing Hatrackers, I foresee a lot of us giving more than necessary and I'm certain Hobbes and Annie don't want to issue a refund of unused monies. [Wink]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I looked at fares going out a couple months, and they were all pretty reliably at $387. Now, there could be a fare change or a price war, but I think if we aim for $400 (tax) we'll be safe. I don't know that we'll get there, but we should be able to get it into the realm of affordability for them.

Aslo, kq, how about just sending Annie the money and letting her buy the ticket when it gets down to it? It seems kinda awkward to have someone else making her travel arrangements, and I think it's a pretty safe bet that the money will go to it's intended purpose. [Wink]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, just saw all this.I'm in! I have to send a check, though, as I am recently banished from my dear husband's PayPal account.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That's what I was planning on; I was just going to notify them of cheaper fares so we could, as was said, stop before we double what we need to give them. (Not that they can't use it, I'm sure.)

Fares tend to go down about a month before you travel, so if we're talking the beginning of May, it would affect our deadline differently than if we're talking later or earlier.

Yes, I do plan to let Annie make her own travel arrangements. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Elizabeth, e-mail me; I plan on sending a cashier's check or money order, so if you so desire, you can send a check to me to go in the communal fund. [Smile]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Could send some money, probably a money order. Ten bucks okay?
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hey, if 40 people sent $10 each, we'd have $400. [Smile] (Unless they sent it through Paypal using their credit or debit card, of course. [Roll Eyes] )

[ February 22, 2005, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh.........I still can't donate anything though........I don't have a checkbook and can't use that paypal thing.......I'm not old enough you know.......unless there is an address I can send some money to through mail than I can't donate..........I'm sorry Annie and Hobbes.... [Cry]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Steve, don't stress about it. They're not asking anyone to donate, and you shouldn't feel bad if you can't. Those of use who can and have been around long enough to feel like we know them and want to do something nice for them are doing something nice for them. There's no pressure on anyone else to participate if they can't or don't want to.

In other words, enough with the crying in the happy thread! [Razz]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yes, we're trying to keep them from crying. [Smile]

You can help by being their cheerleader, how's that? Every time the thread starts to fall, you can cheer for them to keep it up. [Evil]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

K....E....E....P.....I....T....U....P.....!

Keep it Up! Yeah!

(.... = clapping) [Big Grin]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I take it back. If you keep misusing ellipses, you are not the cheerleader! [Angst]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Ok fine. K E E P I T U P!

Is misuing spaces better for you??? [Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yes, thank you. All those dots really do give me a headache. [Smile]
Annie
Member # 295

I am honestly very grateful for this. How on earth am I going to explain to my family that those crazy internet people I always talk to are now buying me vacations? [Big Grin]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Crazy? I think that hardly covers it. Its like saying that the earth is big, when the earth is ginormous. [Evil Laugh]

[ February 22, 2005, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Lisha-princess
Member # 6966

- posted      Profile for Lisha-princess   Email Lisha-princess         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, to answer your question, if Annie were coming to Indiana, I would immediately claim the priviledge of being her hostess. [Smile] However, as she's not coming here, I'll just have to help out the same way as everyone else.

kp--I think I have paypal. But I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. [Dont Know]

Posts: 119 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Now that, Annie dear, is your problem. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Lisha, if you go to paypal.com, it should let you send money to my account if you have paypal. If you don't have paypal, you can send me a check or money order and I'll put it in the envelope with the $ Hobbes said he's sending to go to the bank with me when I get the money order to send to Annie. [Smile]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody make sure to bump this on Friday, okay? =)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am currently w/o a job and I am trying to save money to pay off a huge speeding ticket that I got(I was going maybe 5mph over the flow of traffic and I got hit with a $150 ticket!). So it does not look like the best time for me to be contributing, but I decided to poke my head in the wish the happy couple good luck. [Smile]
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.