FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You've definitely had too much Hatrack when . . . (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: You've definitely had too much Hatrack when . . .
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
31. You are in a coma, wake up, and are bed ridden for weeks. But the first thing you do after that, is post on Hatrack.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
32. You put "Hatrack Online Community" down as one of your interests on your resume.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
33. You will take an hour or more out of your day to read a long thread. And then decide not to post, because everything's been said.

I regularly pronounce lol out loud. And say shudder. Or *wink*.

34. When you hug someone, your brain inserts parentheses around their name.

35. And then you think "vulva!"

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
36. You have sworn off Hatrack, for ever, seriously, and permanately....

more than 3 times.

37. You couldn't log off after your last Farewell post, because you wanted to see what people had to say about it.

38. You have uses posts here as a test bed for e-published articles, stories, thesis, or school papers.

39. You have been late to a doctors appointment, a date, work or school, an interview, or your own wedding because you had to finish that post.

40. You have corrected your doctor, minister, and parent using information and arguments picked up from Hatrack.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
41. Your screename is how you call yourself.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
42) You print out the entire contents of "Auschwitz and Genocide", with *my* 7-page antithesis for a Web site, including everything else said, and hand it over to your teachers.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
43. You talk to some of your relatives more here than on the phone.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness I have no relatives here!

44) You show a 12th-grader from the Israel's Debating Club this Web site, and he says it's weird.

[ February 26, 2005, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
45) If you've lied to your roommates about running off to Salt Lake to meet with Jatraqueros, saying something vague like "I'm going out with friends".
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

46) And that is more so when you live in the Middle East and they believe you.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
47) You're unexpectedly away for an afternoon, come back that night, and are suprised to note that Hatrack continued to function without you.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

48) You marry a Hatracker.

Note: This was just to get at TomD.

49) You cannot write "Tom Davidson" with a space.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
50) You abbreviate peoples' names IRL, so as not to go through the bother of mentally typing the whole thing.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

51) You are so into Hatrack political discussions, that you write <peoples'> instead of <people's>.
Raia
Member # 4700

52) You're a stickler about perfect grammar IRL as well as online. [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

53) You correct my bad French understanding, quoting your professor.
Raia
Member # 4700

54) You find out much later that I don't even SPEAK French! [Wink]
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

55) Which is precisely why - as a Hatracker - you should NOT test my French skills!!!

[ February 27, 2005, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Raia
Member # 4700

50 something) You find yourself writing out classic Hatrack emoticons -- such as the wave smiley -- in handwritten notes.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Note: This was just to get at TomD.

49) You cannot write "Tom Davidson" with a space.

Oddly, I write "Tom Davidson" with a space. [Smile] And I'm pretty sure I've had too much Hatrack.

And while I did indeed marry a Hatracker, she was not a Hatracker when I met her. *grin* There are people who've met the loves of their lives here on Hatrack, but I'm not one of 'em. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, he imported her. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
59) you flirted with every Hatracker of opposite sex, and a number of the same sex.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, there is something wrong with you if you've somehow managed to exhaust the bottomless dating pool that is Hatrack. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Bottomless my foot. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
That's quite a foot.

(and this from a 10 and 1/2er)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*giggle*
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
...she was not a Hatracker when I met her.
That's what she told you. Consider the following:

Pseudonym.

JH

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bottomless my foot
You go, girl - give 'em heck . . .

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
Would we really want a bottomless dating pool? I mean, think of the saggy bottomed jeans. And the pain of sitting on a hard seat. No, it's just not a happy thought.
Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

If it's a bottomless pool, then no one is circling the drain. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
##. You feel really bad when your best friends and your brother start bashing G.W.Bush without any actual knowledge of him or Kerry. And all the (what you consider) good reasons for which people voted for Bush spring in your mind. Reasons posted on Hatrack, of course.

##++. Everyone wants to see Million Dollar Baby and you're having second thoughts about it.

(##++)++. You're reading a book recommended on Hatrack while listening to a song you heard of here, and, of course, posting about all of this on Hatrack.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

X) You keep on reading this thread, even though you know this is crazy!

[ February 28, 2005, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
64.) You ask Mrs. M for fashion advice.

65.) You have ever tried to "get the last post" on a thread that didn't have "Last Post" in the title.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

X + 3) You were on so much that you believe, or remember another LP thread.

Speaking of X:

If X = SQRT(XV^2), how do you solve X?

Solution:

Let X = Y, and then X = SQRT(YV^2)!!!

JH

[ February 28, 2005, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
67.) You post just to fix the numbers... [Grumble]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
##. You feel really bad when your best friends and your brother start bashing G.W.Bush without any actual knowledge of him or Kerry...

##++. Everyone wants to see Million Dollar Baby and you're having second thoughts about it.

Add to this:

You start to writhe when people start applauding Fahrenheit 9/11 as the gospel truth. My brother does this and it drives me up the wall. He calls Hatrack my "right wing forum" (don't get into an argument about this I beg all of you, it's what he says- the forums my brother frequents are somewhat all in agreement with one another) when I try and explain to him that it's not All True [Roll Eyes] .

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Tell him that I am a leftist.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

68) When you can't decide what to make for dinner, the first place you look is the Jatraquero Recipe Site.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

69) When you take belief and personality tests linked on Hatrack.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

70) When you don't ask anyone if they're liberal or conservative anymore, you ask what their Political Compass score is.
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
71) When you've started coming over to this side of the river just because the other side has become to slow for you.
72) When you've spent more time with hatrack than your girlfreind in any given week.

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

73) Or when you don't even have a girlfriend because you're too much of a geek.

[ February 28, 2005, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
right wing forum
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

Edit:
quote:
You start to writhe when people start applauding Fahrenheit 9/11 as the gospel truth.
:writhing:

[ February 28, 2005, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

approx 74) Any decent picture on the internet forces you to think up a punch-line link and a thread to post it on.

How would Jesus Swing (HWJS)?

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When you can't decide what to make for dinner, the first place you look is the Jatraquero Recipe Site.
This warms the cockles of my heart. [Smile]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
So...which sauce goes best with warm cockles?

quote:
There are people who've met the loves of their lives here on Hatrack
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Cockletale sauce, of course.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Mental image on that is just horrid. [Eek!]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.