FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You've definitely had too much Hatrack when . . . (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: You've definitely had too much Hatrack when . . .
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
*NEW PAGE* [Big Grin]

Anyone else still thinking about CT having a 10 1/2? [Evil]

*Contemplates the OOC thread*

[ February 28, 2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: peterh ]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag: [ROFL]

mack:
Well, you should never use a mental image on warm cockles. With or without cockletale sauce.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alix
Member # 7287

- posted      Profile for Alix   Email Alix         Edit/Delete Post 
You people need to stop making me laugh out loud at work!
[ROFL]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alix
Member # 7287

I didn't really mean for you to stop. Please keep going. I am on break anyway.

75) You try to smother your own laughter while reading Hatrack at your job. [Big Grin]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Alix. I love this name. Are you a newbie or a new pseudonym ?
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst] [ROFL] [Eek!]

[edit: gah!!! this was in response to Jamie's post!]

[ March 01, 2005, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly, dragon. It's BAD. *twitch*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Only if you don't know what a cockle is.

*whistles innocently*

[ March 01, 2005, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alix
Member # 7287

quote:
Are you a newbie or a new pseudonym?
Both. I signed on originally under another name but I realized that it could be traced to the real me so I did a new pseudonym.
I am a long time lurker. So I know all of you but you don't know me. [Wave]

[ March 01, 2005, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Alix ]

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Good thing that smiley is there. [Eek!] [Wink]
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
76) You post something cute your kid did, then realize you haven't even told your husband about it. Then you decide that's OK, he can just read about it on Hatrack himself.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
78) You start to wish life had emoticons so you could tell what people were truly feeling. [Wave] [Hail] [Roll Eyes] [Wink] [Big Grin] (Random Emoticons)
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Then this will really freak you out: I have two of 'em.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
79) The order of the things you check on the net is:

- Hatrack
- mail addresses
- other websites

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
70 something) You post a thread on Hatrack to ask where to buy printer paper, because you special 4,000-packets-for-discount paper ran out - you printed out every thread...

Wait.. 70 something is... Seventy-ten!

[ March 02, 2005, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
79) The order of the things you check on the net is:

- Hatrack
- mail addresses
- other websites

Cor -- I disagree! You check all the other websites first, because you know that Hatrack will take the most time, and you don't want to feel rushed. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

Thats what I do first email then hatrack for a looooong time. Sometimes I reenter into the internet while leaving hatrack open if i have to check something else so I can continuasly keep my eyes open for new posts.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
87.5) You know the difference between Corwin and Cor [Wink]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

Icarus your throwing of the numbering! [Wall Bash] [No No]

Yours is only 81! [Big Grin]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Raia & 0range7Penguin: I'm fully multitasking, so the sooner I get to Hatrack the better. [Cool]

Edit:
quote:
87.5) You know the difference between Corwin and Cor
Thanks, Ic! [Big Grin]

[ March 02, 2005, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

88) You know the difference, but are too lazy to type it out. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] @ CT
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
89) You actually spend time trying to understand what half of the threads are about.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
90. You don't want anything to happen on Hatrack without you there to see it, so it's always open in its own special window.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
87.6) You start goofing around with the numbers.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

92) You start typing "hotmail" and somehow you end up with "hatrack"... o_O
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I've done that!! Even with things that don't start with an H [Blushing]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
93) you would have to think if someone asked you to spell "Hatrack" because you type it without thinking
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
94. You start a thread regarding Hatrack.

95. In fact, regarding having too much of it.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

96) And already write dozens of posts about it.

Meta-stuff: warning in advance - I'll go crazy tonight.

0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

97) The times you have to go on the internet and can't go to hatrack its like a drugee not getting his drugs; shakes, cold sweats, whimpering.
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
92) You start typing "hotmail" and somehow you end up with "hatrack"... o_O
OK, that's really scary. I have done that on more than one occasion myself!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

98/2.5) You start typing "gmail" and end up on this forum. No bookmarks.
Raia
Member # 4700

Either that, or you proofread a paper you wrote, and suddenly discover that it says "hatrack" somewhere in the third paragraph.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Then this will really freak you out: I have two of 'em.

[Big Grin]

Who's the other one, sweetie?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Maybe Sara Sasse? [Taunt]
[Kiss] CT!

HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
99. You bought Shadow of the Giant and drove like a madwoman to get it home, but then checked Hatrack before starting to read.

OK, I'm going to go now. [Big Grin]

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
100)After being doused with old beer and cigarette butts, you first post to hatrack and only then take a shower.
Dude, prioritize!

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
101) OSC posts in a thread you started, and it fills you with fangirlish glee. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
you bend-over and pluck "grok" from the mud.
Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
A.) You have to drive from New York City to Waterford Connecticut for a signing the next day and instead of going to bed you stay up till 2:19 and laugh insanely at statements like "my head a-splode".

[ March 10, 2005, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Orson Scott Card ]

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

103) You ponder pointing out that instituting a new numbering system on the middle of the third page is a bit odd . . . but figger the guy who pays the bills gets to do stuff like that.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC: [No No]
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. In numbered limited editions, there are always lettered copies that are handed out to people the author owes money to.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myr
Member # 5956

- posted      Profile for Myr   Email Myr         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 105 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

[ROFL]
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got you beat, Rivka.
104)OSC posts in a thread you only revive, and you chortle with fannish glee.

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys, he'll never post if people only go all drooly.

Play cool, dammit.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Why not? It works on you. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.