FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BobnDanaCon - I have pictures!!! (foobonic link on second page) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: BobnDanaCon - I have pictures!!! (foobonic link on second page)
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, I cannot share them - yet. For one thing, I've got to figure out where I want to post them, and how to get them there. We reformatted our computer last week and I lost my bookmarks and a bunch of programs downloaded from the Web.

I'm too tired to figure all this out right now - I tried posting one picture to my blog and had to download 2 programs but still wasn't able to do it.

Also, I believe I got at least one picture of every Hatracker there. Before I post photos for the non-attendees to see, I would like to know if there is anyone who objects to having their photo available to all the fine people who visit Hatrack. If anyone does object, then I will not post their photo online, just e-mail it to them (if they want it) and keep it for my scrapbook.

I'm going to bed now (Goodnight Hatrack).

[ April 04, 2005, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooh.

*shakes finger*

That's mean!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I know, I'm an awful tease. But I've spent about the last 30 minutes or so trying to figure out how to get one simple photo online and it's just not working. I haven't installed the programs I used to use and the ones I did install just didn't work for me.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*kicks CaySedai*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Ouch!

Okay, I finally got a couple of pictures posted to my blog.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice blog!

Jimminy cricket, is Bob ever classy. And Dana is just glowing.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
wonderful pic of the couple [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

People who couldn't go were mentioned with "wish X could have made it here" comments.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

We had a blast! It was so great to have so many of our Hatrack friends there. You all are the best!

For those who couldn't make it, but wanted to, we love having you rooting for us and we hope to see you soon.

We're off to MSP and then on to London. If you want further updates, listen to BBC World Service. If we make the news, then either things have gone horribly, horribly wrong or the Queen has finally recognized dkw's brilliance and invited us to become subjects.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That dress is great. And Dana has spectacular cleavage. [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

London?!
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the bluest straw I've ever seen.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
not as blue as the flowers.
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep yep (woooohoooo!) and guess who gets to meet them the day they arrive!!!!
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

So I'm guessing it's okay with Bob and Dana if I post more Bob and Dana pix.

I think I may have to send the photos to foobonic - the problem is I think they need toning/lightening and my skills are incomplete.

Anyone who is a subject of my photos who objects to their photo being posted should speak now or ... whenever they see this. If I post something that becomes objectionable later, I will remove it.

Anyone who wants to help out by toning photos is welcome to volunteer. (shades eyes with hand and peers around)

[ April 03, 2005, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
CaySedai, go ahead and post the least bad pic of me.

Disclaimer: the picture is bad no because of any fault of CaySedai's but because the combination of low ambient lighting and flash photography kept forcing my eyes shut.

I wasn't drugged. Really!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
I may be able to help you with your picture toning. If you want, send em over and I'll see what I can do.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

kaioshin - there are 103 pix, but many are semi-duplicates. For example, I must have taken rivka's picture 5-6 times trying to get a good one. [Wink] No fault of subject, but low lighting as she said.

Since we both have gmail, I will send a few your way. Thanks for your help.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

I guess this is a time where the "batch action" in photoshop will come in handy.

If you could send them in a .zip archive, it would be easier to do [Big Grin] .

[ April 03, 2005, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

CaySedai
Member # 6459

I have to relinquish the computer now - I promised to give it up at 5:30 (10 minutes ago). I'll send them as a zip file later.

Thanks again.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

k.
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Oh they both look wonderful.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I will also try to get all my photos loaded up to someplace you all can see them..

...but tomorrow... I'm so tired I can hardly read the screen to check my e-mail tonight.

Yeah, tomorrow.

Farmgirl
(oh - and we made it home safe. Hope everyone else did as well)

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Home. Bed. 'Night.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one that thinks that Bob looks like he's up to something in that picture?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, he's got that "I don't know why there are bubbles in the pool!" look.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FriscoProofKatAlias
Member # 7691

- posted      Profile for FriscoProofKatAlias   Email FriscoProofKatAlias         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Icky, why is it that the one time we spent any signifigant amount of time in the same room, you didn't talk more? I just knew there were people being funny and I was missing it. My spidey sense should have told me it was coming from the Disney section.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, first I was absorbed playing a game of Scrabble, which apparently I won in stealth mode, because even after it ended Moose didn't realize I had won . . . .

And then wrestling on the bed with y'all while making comments about wet spots (be they on jeans or on the bed) just didn't seem like the most appropriate for me to be doing while my wife slept down the hall.

[Wink]

But I had fun watching y'all!

(Next time I think I'll bring a camcorder . . . )

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Seriously, though, the more people comment about how little I'm saying, the more I retreat into my shell. Just weird that way, I guess. It's like then the pressure is on.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Next time I'll bring 2 photo cards and more batteries. I had to delete some of the lesser-quality photos and rotated three sets of batteries in and out.
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey... where's the pics?

Congrats, Bob and Dana! Wish I could have been there. [Frown] [Smile]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

kaioshin has kindly offered to tone photos for me, and I'll be sending those zip files shortly.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Change of plan - I found out that Picasa and Gmail work quite well together and Picasa will send batches of photos easily. It said something about sizing the photos, so we'll see if that changes the quality. Anyway, I have sent a few (34?) photos to kaioshin to fix for me. Thanks again!
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have...um...a FEW pics.

...and rivka, I won Chrononauts today at the airport by getting ten cards. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
now with actual pictures - honest!
False advertising! [Razz]

*patiently awaits pictures*

*well, not really patiently*

*goes to MadOwl*

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
There aren't any up at madowl yet. I'm going to start on them tomorrow and upload 'em in batches.

I took...a LOT.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I am so looking forward to your pics, Jamie. However, I have a couple you could not have taken ...

Just how do you feel about having your pic posted?

beverly
Member # 6246

*waits some more*
mackillian
Member # 586

It can be posted. I don't like my picture taken because I NEVER think it looks good. I also like TAKING the pics.

But you can post it.

Nathan got one of me at the reception when he stole my camera from me (*gasp*) and I had to chase him down and beat him up to get it back. The pic is of me about two seconds before I gave him a dead-arm.

CaySedai
Member # 6459

I think I have three of you and Nathan together, and they are cute (IMO).

I have one closeup of you focusing in preparation for taking a photo. And a couple, I think when you were taking the group Hatrack photo outside the church.

I'll post one or two of you/you and Nathan, and I'll send you any that you are both in.

mackillian
Member # 586

Okay. Just like me up! [Smile]
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Okay, I've got Jamie and Nathan, and rivka, Jamie and Nathan posted on my blog.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I don't know what happens when I use Picasa to send photos - if the quality is dimished, I can zip the raw images and send like that. Let me know.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Home. Stupid baggage claim took forever. Tired.

Must write chemistry test. *groan* [Razz]

mack, did you REALLY? Are you sure y'all were playing correctly? [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

mack and Nate look so cute together.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Remember we I ask Brian (ElJay & dkw's brother) to take photos of our "group" so we could include Jamie?

He took 10 photos! TEN! I can't pick the best one, either. I'm just going to post them all.

(yeah, I'm working on it right now -- I have 61 images to get web-ready and scaled down enough to load quickly on a web page)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, Icky, honey, you didn't bother to mention the bed wrestling.....glad you didn't participate.
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
It was mostly a pillow fight...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Okay, that this link:
http://home.iwichita.com/pribb/BobnDana.htm

I'm going to be uploading photos from this past weekend gradually all day long. Just a few there now, but keep refreshing or checking back as I add more.

Sucks doing it the way I am, but it is what I have to work with at the moment.

Farmgirl

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.