FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BobnDanaCon - I have pictures!!! (foobonic link on second page) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: BobnDanaCon - I have pictures!!! (foobonic link on second page)
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay - 30 images up there for you to view right now.

About halfway done. Working on the others.

Someone let me know if you are having trouble seeing any of the images.

(I want an album site like Jamie's MadOwl!)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Sophia is a beauty! [Big Grin]

Looks like much fun was had by all.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who'd like an album at madowl can just email me and I'll set up an account.

[Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Could someone post a picture of the baby quilt?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
CaySedai emailed me a great one of you with the quilt, Anna. And a cool one of Sophie amongst several others of my flaming hair. [Smile]

However, we've been swamped and I probably won't get to posting pictures for a few days. I'll try, though...

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a total of 1332 pictures from the course of the weekend. [Eek!]

I DO know that some are test shots when figuring out how I want to set up the lighting and deal with camera settings.

But STILL.

Goodness.

And aside from the photos, I have research work to do. Lots. And I have a meeting tomorrow that requires work to be prepared for.

[Eek!]

I am going to be a busy, busy woman.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone wants to store pictures at my site, I'd be happy to create an album for you. Also, I'm not really swamped at work, nor do I have a thousand pics to sort through. [Wink]

[ April 04, 2005, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Yeah, and crap, I forgot to as bobndana if it's okay to set up the album for the Rack to see. I mean, I THINK it'd be okay, but it's always nice to ask.

Have they left yet?

ElJay
Member # 6358

Nope. In fact, I'm meeting them for lunch in 5 minutes. Then they're going to Mom & Dad's, their flight leaves around 6 tonight. So I'll make sure they either check in or tell me that they don't mind so I can tell you. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working on putting up CaySedai's pictures right now. They should be up soon.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl, on the group shots, I liked the first and last in the group best.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Ok, CaySedai's pics are up!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Sweet. [Smile]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
Yeah, and crap, I forgot to as bobndana if it's okay to set up the album for the Rack to see. I mean, I THINK it'd be okay, but it's always nice to ask.
mack - i was actually thinking about that this morning on the way to work -- thinking that you probably could NOT share the photos you took until after getting approval from Bob n Dana, since you were the "official" photographer and all.

Except for ones you took that weren't connected to the wedding and reception.

I mean - if they paid you to do the wedding, I would ask them first, if it were me. Let them have the chance to be the first ones to see their pics.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
ludosti:

there are more pictures ... kaioshin didn't get them all in the zip file the first time. I'll send you the second zip file which has all the photos I sent to kaioshin.

There are more photos, but I didn't want to make too much work for kai, plus some are "trying to get a better shot" duplicates.

edited to add: it's okay with me if others' photos are added to the BobnDanaCon album. I may start my own album later. [Wink]

And thanks to kaioshin for fixing my photos and ludosti for posting them.

[ April 04, 2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

It would probably be easier if you sent me the remaining pictures that you want put up (meaning all the pics minus the ones already there, the duplicates that don't need to go up, and the one that we're waiting on permission from one of the photoees before posting).

By the way, what kind of work was he doing to them? I have photoshop and can make some mods, if needed.

[ April 04, 2005, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
While its definitely good to ask them, I feel the copyright-geeky urge to point out that, unless such an obligation not to share is specified in the contract, jamie would be legally able to. She took the pictures, and not as work for hire.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

ludosti:

kaioshin was brightening and toning the pictures ... I feel that my Photoshop skills need some work.

I can send some more photos later, we're getting ready to go to my husband's doctor appointment.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, yeah - Russell. I wasn't saying "legalities" -- I was just pointing out that if I were the bride, I would assume I would get the see the photos from my official photographer before they ended up in a display window somewhere.

Dana may not feel that way at all - that was just my feeling on it.

Farmgirl

ElJay
Member # 6358

We had sushi. It was delicious. Dana said something along the lines of "You told her of course, right?" when I mentioned mack wasn't sure if she was supposed to post the pics. So go for it.

She also said "We threw a hell of a party." I thought I should share. [Smile]

KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
Liza dear, you got your vulgarities wrong. I don't use the word "hell" in non-theological contexts.

I might, however, have metioned applying a foot to a donkey in relation to the wedding.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

[ROFL]
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops. That was me, not Mom.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, okay. I knew there had been a vulgarity in there somewhere, but I couldn't really remember exactly what you had said.
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
who's Tom, Sophie and Christy.. and Jamie and Nathan?

Well, I don't know who anyone is. :\

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh, all I could think of looking at the pictures is that everyone looks GORGEOUS. What a lovely, stylish bunch!!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
TomDavidson, you've probably seen. His wife, Christy doesn't post frequently. Their daughter Sophie... well she's a bit young for that yet. [Wink]

Jamie is mackillian and her husband, Nathan, often posts as T_Smith. But it isn't unusual for him to post under another name.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
who's Tom, Sophie and Christy.. and Jamie and Nathan?

Well, I don't know who anyone is. :\

You know, I found BobNDanaCon to be an extremely humbling experience in this way. I figured that after the 10,000+ posts I have, I was pretty widely known around these parts. Having a couple of people basically go, "Icarus? [Confused] Who the hell is Icarus?" really put me in my place!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

You're kidding, right? That's crazy talk.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The only person I heard say anything like that was joking, Ic.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I'm not sure who you're talking about, rivka, because you weren't there when this happened, but there was literally one poster who had no idea who I was, and another who only knew one of my posts.

EDIT to clarify.

[ April 05, 2005, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone get a pic of the cake? I've been wanting to see it. Did it have dinosaurs on it?
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus? Who the heck is Icarus?!

[Wink]

We love ya', Joe, don't listen to those who fail to recognize your greatness [Razz]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I'm not entirely sure I remember who I'm talking about.

It's the sleep deprivation. [Sleep]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

quote:
I'm not sure who you're talking about, rivka, because you weren't there when this happened, but there was literally one poster who had no idea who I was, and another who only knew one of my posts.
I hope that wasn't me ... I knew your name but find it hard to remember a specific thing anybody has posted, so if it was me, it wasn't personal.

I didn't know that you and Cor were a couple, so that was a good thing to learn. My little notebook with the list of Hatrackers who were going to be at the wedding has names with lines drawn to show who is a couple (some I already knew, like Jamie and Nathan and of course Bob and Dana).

I'm still learning ...

mackillian
Member # 586

I have no idea who Nathan is.
rivka
Member # 4859

He's your light model. The one who keeps showing up in all the pictures.
mackillian
Member # 586

Then he certainly does a good job.
rivka
Member # 4859

You should reward him appropriately.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
For what it's worth, I knew who you were! I didn't know what you would look like, but I certainly recognized the username.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Gah! Hold the phones!

I was making a light-hearted (and slightly hyperbolic) observation in response to Tater's confusion. No umbrage was taken, and no explanations are required, expected, or wanted. To be honest, there are lots of people that I would have a hard time recalling specific facts about.

But it really did get me to thinking, not for the first time, about the circles that we travel in. There is a specific grouping of thread topics that I do most of my reading and posting in (unlike some addicts who post in every thread! [Razz] ) and so it is possible for me to have a lot of posts and someone else to have a lot of posts and us hardly ever cross paths. (It took me a little while to figure out that Suneun and Suntranafs were two different people! [Embarrassed] ) And I think this phenomenon gets described every time there is some sort of flare-up as cliquishness, but it isn't so much, because it's not on purpose.

It was funny to me, and also thought-provoking, but I am certainly not offended.

[Smile]

twinky
Member # 693

Cliqueshness doesn't have to be on purpose, you know. I think clique formation is pretty much inevitable when a group reaches a certain size and it becomes impossible to know "everybody."
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Who are you, again?
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, then my point is that I don't think its necessarily an evil, nor that it can be avoided. It's one of those things that happens quite naturally, and need not be based even on judgments of people's personality, but on whether or not we even have contact with each other.

Either way, though, don't you see why this is an intriguing topic?

Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*sees*

*grumbles about not getting to meet so many cool Hatrackers when they're all grouped so nice and conveniently in one place* [Razz]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
Okay, then my point is that I don't think its necessarily an evil, nor that it can be avoided. It's one of those things that happens quite naturally, and need not be based even on judgments of people's personality, but on whether or not we even have contact with each other.
Yes, that's true. And even the people who see it as an evil are a part of it. There is certainly a "paraiah" or "anti-clique" clique. Even better, I'll bet there's a "meta-anti-clique" clique whose members are aware that they're in a clique.

[Big Grin]

I can't possibly imagine who might be in that one.

Also, people drift between cliques and/or join multiple cliques. And then there's the secret liberal cabal...

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, I certainly knew everyone by their username - and was finally able to put faces on the names: plaid, Xavier and Valentine014 (I think others I had either already met or seen photos of).

However, even among those of us who knew each other there was a lot of whispering of ("psst... what is Mama Squirrel's real name?" "what is Cor's real name?") That was kind of hilarious. Especially when it went down an entire row in the pew of us trying to remember Mama's real name. Everyone just calls her Mama.

Farmgirl

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I blanked on Mama Squirrel's real name at the reception, so she must have gotten that a lot.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.