FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 100 Reasons to love Harry Potter (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 100 Reasons to love Harry Potter
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. only 48 days?

I've been ignoring this thread in hopes that time will go by faster if I don't count down. [Smile] It's working! Carry on!!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
*bounce*
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll receive it for my birthday july the 16th !!! My sister has bought it for me.

And i received today a new dictionnary English-french from her : a Robert & Collins. She is a love, my sister !

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damander
Member # 4439

- posted      Profile for Damander           Edit/Delete Post 
*bumpity*

Only 44 days!!

Reason #44: [Laugh] Hermione and S.P.E.W. Too funny.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone in my house is re-reading the books to get ready! We each have a different year.
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Johnsonweed, that's a great idea! I wish I had my copies here, but alas, they're home in the US. So we can't do that. But it's still a great idea!

Reason 44) Fred and George's grand exit in Book 5!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
44) Dobby fixes Harry's broken arm by making all the bones vanish.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG KATHARINA DOBBY DIDNT DO THAT DOBBY MADE THE BLUDGER TRACK HARRY AND MAKE HIM FALL OFF HIS BROOM AND THATS HOW HE BROKE HIS ARM THEN PROFFESOR LOCKHART REMOVED THE BONES AND MADAME POMPHREY WAS ALL ANGRY
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Take your pills, jebus.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Zing!
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
43) When I'll read HP and the HBP, I'll be flying to Australia ! [Razz]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Professor McGonagall got to her feet too, and in her case this was a mush more impressive move. She towered over Professor Umbridge.
"Potter," She said in ringing tones, "I will assist you to become an Auror if it is the last thing I do!

Career Advice, Order of the Phoenix
Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I watched PoA last night, and noticed something. When Lupine turns into the werewolf, Snape instantly pushes the children behind him protectively. He does it again a minute later.

I like that they didn't take the cartoonish route and make everything about Snape less than admirable. I wish they had done the same with Malfoy. But that little scene made me like the movie even more.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

Yea, In the 5th book she does a good job of developing Snape. It was good to find out why he hated HP from day one.
Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it really only 27 days? w00t!!

Ok, I love Harry Potter because JK Rowling gives us hints about what's to come.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Because i'll received it for my birthday the 16 ! My sister is a love person ! she buy it on internet for me. I'm so lucky in this !
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

Reason 27 or whatever

"Fred and George, however, found all this very funny. They went out of their way to march ahead of Harry down the corridors, shouting, "Make way for the Heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through..."

Chamber of Secrects

SC Carver
Member # 8173

quote:
Originally posted by Narnia:
Is it really only 27 days? w00t!!

Ok, I love Harry Potter because JK Rowling gives us hints about what's to come.

[Big Grin]

OK, Rowling said the half Blood prince isn't Harry or Voldermort. And there is a clue to who he is in C.o.S. when Harry goes in the chamber.

The only thing down there is Harry, Tom Riddle, Ginny, the Basilisk, a bunch of columns and a giant statue:
quote:
Harry had to crane his neck to look up into the giant face above: It was ancient and monkeyish, with long, thin beard that fell almost to the bottom of the wizard's robe
So what does this mean? Is the statue of Slytherin. If so does that make him the HBP?

Are there any other nerds out there who have thoughts on the matter?

Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
Carver, I think that when Rowling is referring to a clue in 'Chamber' it doesn't necessarily mean IN the actual chamber. I believe it means the clue is somewhere within the entire book.

Reason #27:
quote:
Indeed, a week after Fred and George's departure Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves, who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier, and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth, "it unscrews the other way."
-Order of the Phoenix Ch. Grawp
Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The link between Chamber of Secrets and Half-Blood Prince relates to a discovery Harry made in 'Chamber' that foreshadows something that he finds out in 'Prince'.
It didn't say that someone/thing in the chamber IS the prince

EDIT: Liaison, you beat me to it.

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, great minds think alike, eh? [Big Grin]
Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

Sorry I guess I read it wrong. Good thing I have you guys to keep me from going off on a wild goose chase.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.