FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread (Page 63)

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65   
Author Topic: I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations! Identical! Wow! That's exciting to think of. Upon looking at them I'm leaning very, very slightly toward "not identical" but it's hard to tell.

I always had to tickle my babies' feet to keep them awake while eating the first few weeks.

I hear nursing twins gets MUCH easier once they can sit up.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Mrs M!

They are just gorgeous. [Smile]

I also have to tickle Toby sometimes when he gets lazy during a feed. As well as the feet, stroking his ears and cheeks works well.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, not too far down on the cheeks though. But up near their forehead, they like that. [Smile] (It's what my mom calls a "regulating activity." OT speak for "it calms them down and makes them focus" apparently. [Wink] )
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Your twins are absolutely gorgeous!
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I need twins now. Beautiful girls, Mrs M!
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
What beautiful little girls! [Big Grin] I'm glad to hear everything is going well!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! They're beautiful. My son said, "They're so little!" Just as I was thinking they were really pretty big (for twins). And such gorgeous pink cheeks.

How old is Aerin now?

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, y'all. It's hard to believe they're a week old already. It feels like they've been here forever. We had a much better night last night.

Camille's bili count was down yesterday, finally. I'm really looking forward to a wireless baby. I did nurse both of them for 45 minutes together 2 nights ago. I invented a postion that I call 1:00 a.m Desperation. They have turned into milk junkies since my milk came in. Speaking of which - holy smokes! It just keeps coming.

I'll try to post the birth story sometime this week. It was very surreal (don't let me forget to tell y'all about Dr. Shrek) and I apparently don't remember parts of it.

BTW, the reason they can't tell if they're identical or not is b/c the placentas were fused and both girls have the same blood type. And they look a lot alike. I don't have any trouble telling them apart, but that's kind of my job.

Technically Aerin turned 3 in September, but her due date was 12/15, so it's only been a month.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]

Names?

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Leni Ann and Camille Victoria.
imogen
Member # 5485

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:
. I invented a postion that I call 1:00 a.m Desperation.

[Smile]

I've invented several positions born of desperation - and I only have the one to deal with!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
If I hadn't banned picture taking while nursing my mom would have had several hilarious pictures of me surrounded in a pile of pillows nursing both boys in the first few weeks after Charles was born. It's easier when one of them is older, though -- you can stack 'em.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
First appointment today! I had been told that the first ultrasound was at the 2nd appt, but we didn't even need to beg for one today. Maybe it is because of that "advanced maternal age" thing. I will also get an u/s at the next visit. I will have two u/s with a perinatologist. The u/s video will be up on YouTube tonight, hopefully.

With our boys the heart rate was in the 150s. This baby's heart rate was 171. Chant with me: "girl, girl, girl". [Wink]

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Good luck Mama. I'm sending girl vibes your way. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Girl, girl, girl, girl!

If it is, I have hand-me-downs for you...

ludosti
Member # 1772

Here's hoping your adorable boys will all get to be the protective older brothers to a sweet little girl! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

I'm thinking pink, Mama!
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
When are you due, Mama Squirrel? Chloe's heart rate was up in the 170's... and this one's in the 150's (and he's a boy)... I'm chanting mentally for you!!! : )
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
That old wive's tale works perfectly for me....son was in the 140's, daughter in the 160's. So here's hoping it works for you, too! Girl! Girl! Girl!
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
I am due 1/8. It seems so far away from now, but I know it will be here before we know it.

Ultrasound video

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

Apparently I am elderly, not just advanced age. Below is a direct quote on my referral to the perinatologist.

quote:
Reason for Referral: Elderly Multigravd-antep

scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs.M, did you ever find out if the twins were identical or not?
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

They're for sure not identical. We didn't need a DNA test. They're so different-looking now that they almost don't even look like sisters. We joke that they're a study in genetics - Leni got Andrew's drop of Asian blood and Cammie got my drop of Irish blood (and Aerin looks completely German, btw).
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - you're right.

My two nieces don't look at all like sisters either. You'd never put them in the same family.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Leni looks more Asian then my quarter-Asian daughter (who has no Chinese in her features at all except when she throws temper tantrums, then a few people claim they can see it- but no matter what, she is going to spend a huge amount of time saying, my grandfather is chinese- hence the last name and he picked out the middle name too. It means sophisticated and well mannered)
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Your girls are so gorgeous, Mrs M.

I think Toby may have picked up on the very slight asian drop in my gene pool. He is (I think!) 1/32 Chinese... but he seems to have a slight tilt to his eyes that the otherwise German/Irish/Scots/Australian bloodline doesn't explain.

Pic!

Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

I received a belly pic from my SIL today. She is 7w1d ahead of me. I am bigger than she is! I will be 12 weeks on Friday. There is no way I could have waited until then to tell my boss. I look like I am 5 months pregnant.

I usually wait until the 5th month to have Pop take monthly pics of my belly for the baby photo album, but I think I will have to have him start at 3 months this time.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful baby pictures!

And Toby looks so grown up!

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

What adorable little babies!

MrsM - I love how gorgeous each of the twins are and how different they look. I also love that play mat! Do you remember where you got it?

Toby is going to be such a heartbreaker!

Mama Squirrel - It's always been interesting to me how differently everyone "pops" and how it can be so different from pregnancy to pregnancy. In some ways I was a little sad that I didn't look pregnant until I was 6-7 months along (but I'm sure that's because I'm overweight), but that just meant I didn't need to wear maternity clothes for as long (since I had a hard time finding ones to fit right). [Smile]

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Mama S. have you shown earlier with each of your pregnancies? I've heard this is almost always the case. I don't really have accurate first-hand experience since I was a land monster with the twins. At least you'll get more use out of your maternity clothes (was how I tried to look at it). I can't wait to hear what you've got in there.

scholarette, it's so funny how the genes come out. One of my best college friends is 100% Korean and married a blue-eyed, blonde of German descent. Their little girl has Korean features and blonde hair, which is a mix you wouldn't think would work, but she is so gorgeous.

imogen, he does have that Eurasian look. I don't think I noticed it before. That might be my favorite picture of him ever.

ludosti, I got the mat at One Step Ahead. Aerin likes to chew on the borders, so I'm going to have to replace those soon. Otherwise it's been fantastic.

Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

Mrs.M, I am sure I did show earlier each time. It just seems so much more dramatic this time. I was concerned about twins, but there is only one, unless there is another one hiding directly behind the one we saw.
cmc
Member # 9549

Did you find out what you're having, Mama Squirrel? (it's very possible i'm missing it if you typed it OR that i'm missing it that you're not finding out sex until the baby's born...)
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

Well, I am only 14 weeks today, so it is a bit early. I did have two u/s this week. One was on Monday with the OB. The other was on Tuesday with the perinatologist. Everything looks good.

This time the heart beat was only 153. The first visit with u/s had a heart beat of 171. So much for the old wive's tale.

Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

My next u/s is with the perinatologist on 8/18. Hopefully the baby will cooperate and let us see the sex then.
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mama Squirrel:
Well, I am only 14 weeks today, so it is a bit early. I did have two u/s this week. One was on Monday with the OB. The other was on Tuesday with the perinatologist. Everything looks good.

This time the heart beat was only 153. The first visit with u/s had a heart beat of 171. So much for the old wive's tale.

Don't lose hope! My son's HB was around 140 and my daughter's 150-160, so higher but not outrageously.
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

My girls have all usually hovered in the 130-150 range. [Smile]
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

25 weeks today. 15 more to go.

I have been taking a nap every day for the last two weeks. I am not looking forward to working full days again next week, but I really need to. For those who don't know I spent the day in the ER on the 13th and was diagnosed with pneumonia. I have lost 5 lbs since then (at least as of a couple days ago). I am looking forward to food sounding good to me again, and not coughing so much too.

How are the rest of our pregnant ladies doing? Who else is there?

My SIL has been in the hospital for 3 weeks. Her water broke at 29 weeks. They have her on antibiotics, steroids and magnesium. They are hoping she will make it 3 more weeks.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been wondering how you were, Mama. Good luck with next week!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Me too, Mama.

I hope next week goes as well and as easily as it can do.

(And I hope your boys aren't *too* boisterous for you... [Smile] )

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Mama. What do they do once the water breaks? I know it replenishes itself, but I can't see how there can still be significant fluid around the baby.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

Glad you're on the mend, Mama Squirrel!

I'm still here - 35 weeks today... Pretty uneventful for the most part. I failed my 1 hr glucose test, but passed the 3 hr so well (if that's the right way to put it) that my Doc said I probably had fasted for too long the first time around so my liver started kicking out sugar... I broke my hand two weeks ago, so that's made things exciting with the baby that's already here... ; ) It's gotten me out of dishes and poopy diapers for a little while, though... ; )

Ultrasound next Monday to check growth and to make sure he's doing practice breathing and all that... Hopefully he is bc he's already dropped and all signs are pointing to him getting here a little bit early...

Wow... glad she's held on this long - that's not a fun way to spend the end of your pregnancy. Hope the little one can hang out in there for a few more weeks, and she doesn't get cabin fever!!! : )

Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

Last time they tested there was no amnio fluid in there. I guess as long as the baby is not in distress they still want him to stay in there.

Sorry to hear about your hand cmc. Hopefully it will be better before the baby makes his appearance.

I see the OB tomorrow and get the orders for the 1 hr glucose test. I see the perinatologist on the 13th for an u/s to check the growth.

I am feeling well enough to go back to the gym tonight. If I feel really good I might even go back to spin class, but for now I plan on just spending some time on the recumbent bike.

cmc
Member # 9549

How's your sister-in-law, Mama Squirrel?

Cast comes off in one week... That would put him at 37 wks... I think it would be wonderful if he comes anytime after that! : )

How'd you do on the 1 hr (if you took it yet)? A good friend of mine is also pregnant right now and due 11/29. She failed the test and has been on a diet and even is to the point of having to take insulin once a day. I never realized how 'bad' it could be... I took for granted that worst case you'd just have to watch what you eat a little bit... I'm hoping you pass with flying colors!

Ultrasound was pretty cool today! They did the 3D and then did 4D, which is watching the baby in 3D live. Strange, but totally cool... He's measuring (as close as the ultrasound can tell you, anyway) about 6 lbs. That would put him on track to be about the same size as Chloe, who was born at 7lbs, 20in. The tech told me that most babies are around 8lbs now, so they're on the small side. I think they're just right... ; ) We go back next Tuesday to check how things are moving along... : ) Oh - he's head down but not all the way down. He's dropped, but I guess he's got more to drop...

Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

She is hanging in there. They have her c-section scheduled for 10/15, assuming nothing changes between now and then. I think that is still 5 weeks before her due date.

I found out yesterday that I passed the 1 hr glucose test. I failed the 1 hr and 3 hr with my first two pregnancies. I had different doctors for each of those pregnancies. For the first one I was told by the endochrinologist (named Dr. Donner ::snicker:: ) to do the Atkin's diet. The second pregnancy I was sent to a nutritionist who put me on a diabetic diet. Honestly, the Atkin's diet was a lot easier to follow.

I have an u/s next Tuesday. I think they might even do the 3D this time.

Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

Well, things changed, but I don't know what made the change happen. Anyway, they now will do the c-section no later than Friday morning. I will have a new nephew today or tomorrow.
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

She just posted that she is being prepped now. Baby coming today!!!
ludosti
Member # 1772

I hope everything goes as well as possible for them! Congrats on your new nephew!

I hope you and cmc are doing well also!

Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

Baby Frank was born yesterday evening. He is 4 lbs. 15 oz. and 16 1/2". He is breathing on his own. My SIL is doing well.
cmc
Member # 9549

Just saw this - hope everyone's still doing okay! : )

I have an appt tomorrow, too, Mama Squirrel. Hope yours goes well - and that they do the 3D. It's pretty cool... : )

Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

I had the u/s this morning. She is still a girl. [Big Grin] She is also now head down. Yay baby!!! All looks good. The perinatologist doesn't need to see me again.

My SIL went home yesterday. From FB yesterday: "Frankie is doing great! He just needs to get more mature and bigger so he can come home and meet his sister!!"

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.