FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » update on the Matt issue (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: update on the Matt issue
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gossipy, then? But seriously, when did this thread turn into a bash-Tinros-over-the-head-with-her-immaturity free-for-all?
In our defense, Tinros started beating us over the head with her immaturity first.

Gotta love the maturity level of that statement too. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
The good news is that this thread has been helpful in weening me of my Days of Our Lives addiction.

The bad news is I'm not sure what I'll do when this thread dies [Wink]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
No, KoM is still self-righteous and arrogant, it's just that he's stopped browbeating Tinros for having a religion and he's making pretty fair assessments of people from the knowledge presented here, rather than missing the point so he can grind his own ax a little further like he usually does [Smile]
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

When it dies, start your own punwit. It could be a new torch that gets passed at Hatrack. "The Melodrama Thread."

Wait no! "The Official Melodrama Thread."

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I just looked into this thread, and I'm confused about some of the things being discussed...since the title begins with "Update", where is the first thread concerning the Matt Issue? I couldn't find one.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't recall the title, but I believe it's the only other thread started by Tinros, so you could look for her name as the thread starter.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
It's this thread.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The bad news is I'm not sure what I'll do when this thread dies
Tune back in and get caught up on what's happening with Bo (or is it Beau?) and Hope?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I watched DOOL I think five years ago, briefly, when my cousin came to town. I can't believe that show is still dealing with Bo/Hope issues.

This is why I hate soap operas.

Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, KOM, I have started a few others. They just never went anywhere.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn, I watched it during the summer of 1986, and I didn't get the impression that Bo/Hope issues were a new thing at that time. The mind boggles, eh? I wonder how many years, total, they've managed to drag out that particular plot-line.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Whatever happened to Marlena and John? And is Stephano alive or did he "die" again?
Tinros
Member # 8328

So now my life is a soap opera? Thanks guys.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not your life, per se; it's the posting about it on the message boards bit, I think.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

what would you rather me do? I tend to trust the people who think like me(for the most part)
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
My comment wasn't intended to be cruel or derisive. I have found parts of this story to be melodramatic but I meant no disrespect. I suppose that high-school is full of melodrama and your experiences are par for the course. I thought a bit of humor was called for to ease the mood of the thread.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Many of our lives are soap operas. While I was dating my now ex girlfriend, my life was a soap opera for three years, but I didn't lay it bare to the whole world, or even a message board. It's your choice to seek advice here, and I won't demean that, as I've sought advice here myself.

However, it DOES sound a lot like a teen drama show the WB might host. And concerning Matt, I have to say I don't understand the situation, nor, I think, do many people here. The guy is so full of mixed signals, were he a traffic light gone haywire, there'd be a 20 car pile up at the intersection of Matt and Tinros.

I think you're past the point of asking for advice. You've made your decision, and are trying to defend it and seek acceptance of it.

ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The guy is so full of mixed signals, were he a traffic light gone haywire, there'd be a 20 car pile up at the intersection of Matt and Tinros.

[ROFL]
Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think you're past the point of asking for advice. You've made your decision, and are trying to defend it and seek acceptance of it.
In her defense, I think Tinros has listened to some of the advice offered here, just not everyone's. A couple examples, she broke up with Matt and Matt did eventually tell his friend to back off a bit.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think Tinros and Matt should go ahead and get married. Then all the problems of this thread and her other thread would be solved.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

Oh, I have. I don't listen to all the advice, of course. Especially the kinds of advice that deal with deviating from my religious standards, things like that.

However, I think I'm just... not going to call Matt for a while. See how long it takes him to notice that one of his "friends" isn't speaking to him... and see if he apologizes.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Especially the kinds of advice that deal with deviating from my religious standards, things like that...."

The good advice, in other words. [Wink]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The guy is so full of mixed signals, were he a traffic light gone haywire, there'd be a 20 car pile up at the intersection of Matt and Tinros.
[ROFL] That made me giggle like a teenage girl. Thanks, Lyrhawn.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
"Especially the kinds of advice that deal with deviating from my religious standards, things like that...."

The good advice, in other words. [Wink]

[No No] *THWAP*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
See how long it takes him to notice that one of his "friends" isn't speaking to him... and see if he apologizes.
He won't apologize - he doesn't know he's doing anything really wrong.

If he is a real friend, however, he will call you. [Smile] And he very well could.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:
I think Tinros and Matt should go ahead and get married. Then all the problems of this thread and her other thread would be solved.

[ROFL]

Brilliant. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
It's true, too. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.