FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  31  32  33   
Author Topic: The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only)
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Giants Shadow Inn and Restaruant, where our doors are always open. Feel free to enjoy our beds, the comy fire in the restaraunts lounge, the complementary breakfast buffet, the bar, and our new spa/pool recreation area.

Come in and relax. Our ski slopes are now open and you'll love our selection of activites. Remember, we are always willing to listen to your ideas for how you would like to see this establishment change.

Here is our current Menu, food and select items are available on request.

Here is our current drink selection

Descoloda Delight- It is a drink so out of this world that it feels like it is molding its flavor to your very cells. It’s a unique drink in the fact that it has no standard taste; it actually molds itself to your taste buds.

::Be warned, repeated consumption of this intoxicant may cause significant physical changes::

Dr. Device- Want to forget what happened today? Take one Dr. Device and you'll feel so good that you won't even care what happened. Just one you’ll be lucky if you remember what your name is, let alone any unpleasant events.

::Warning, can cause temporary memory loss::

Regretful Savior- It starts out sweet and slowly begins to become more and more sour with every sip you take until you are almost crying from the tart taste.

::Can become addicting::

Flaming Formic- Starts out with a citrus and slightly spicy taste, and then slowly builds up to a hot burning sensation, followed by a low level sour flavor, and ended by a wave of sweetness. Be warned that its effects are quite strong.

Achilles Betrayal- This drink starts out seeming to be exactly what you want then suddenly without warning it leaves you with a sour aftertaste that lasts for hours.

::Warning, may leave the coppery taste of blood on your tongue::

Recolada Reminiscence- A non-alcoholic version of the Descolada Delight. The drink is sadly not as adaptable to your taste buds as the Descolada Delight, but it still has a unique taste all its own.

Iced Bonzo- Iced tea. Also remember to ask for the Raspberry or Peach Iced Bonzo.

FlashSuit Freezer- An assorted smoothie. Various flavors available on request.

1) Dragon: orange and tangerine mixture
2) Phoenix: raspberry, strawberry, and banana mixture
3) Salamander: cherry, strawberry, and red delicious apple blended into a red smoothie of incredible flavor.
4) Scorpion: a sour mix of grapefruit, lemon, and lime. No sugar is added in order to keep that special "sting"
5) Badger: white grape/red grape mixture with shredded coconut
6) Leopard: orange/mango/peach dotted with whole red grapes.
7) Tide: Blueberries, blue raspberries, and red grapes swirled into a wave-like smoothie.
8) Flame: A blend of mango and peach, with just a hint of chili powder to make a spicy smoothie.

Bugger Blend- a coffee made from dark roasted beans. Its flavor starts lively, then dies out about halfway through the drink, only to come back strongly when you only have a few mouthfuls left.

Children of the Mocha- a simple mocha. The coffee flavor isn't as strong-it has more chocolate than a normal mocha. Good for those just starting in the wonderful world of drinking coffee.

Carn's Cappy- a cappuccino with a minty aftertaste, eliminating the need for after-coffee mints. Honor itself is incorporated into the drink.

[ March 17, 2006, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Advent 115 ]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I won't play this simply on the principal that you are spamming other threads about it.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Giants Shadow Resort activites and shops:

-Snowboarding and Skiing
-Snowcat Tours
-Snowmobile Adventures and Rental
-Hot Springs, Spa and Massage
-Horse-drawn Sleigh Rides

And we also have a Winter Rental Store where you can rent or buy everything from snowboards to souveniers.

So enjoy our winter wonderland. [Cool]

[ March 07, 2006, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Advent 115 ]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

- posted      Profile for clod   Email clod         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have a shot of tequila, senor.
Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

One tequila shot coming up.

*pours shot glass*

Here you go mr. clod [Cool]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Get me some vodka, and leave the bottle...s.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

*downs shot*

*demands another*

Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

One Vodka strait up.

*pours drink*

Here you go, and a bottle to drown away your worries.

Do you want to tell me whats got you down today?

*cleans drinking glass*

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate Valentines' Day because I never have a Valentine. *gulp*
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

One more tequila for the young man.

*pours another shot*

Here you go sir.

Are you alright sir?

clod
Member # 9084

oh, just the usual miasma of worries about this and that.

*stares off into space looking glum*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmmm. *nods knowingly*

Come on its not that bad. I'm sure there are tons of young men gathering at your door to be your valentine. And if not there then certainly on Hatrack.

*pours her another glass of Vodka*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*smiles*
Here mr. clod, let me pour you another.

*pours another shot*

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Well, there were a few co-workers...but they are just not my type. Besides, I have feelings for someone already, and he...I don't think he sees me as more than just a friend.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

[Cry]
clod
Member # 9084

Really?!

*looks pleased*

Well, that's nice to hear. But, V-day isn't really the source of my troubles.

Do a shot with me?

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*pours her another*

And why do you think that this person only see's you as a friend?

clod
Member # 9084

oh, I dunno. Wait! what?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*pours another shot* There you go mr. clod.

Try to enjoy tonight sir. After all at least here you can be in the company of others like yourself.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Well, I can tell when someone is intrested in me, and he just isn't...
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

*chuggs whole bottle of vodka*

Get me some Bloody Maries...

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*pours her another*

Well as they say dear there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

*smiles kindly*

clod
Member # 9084

*looks around*

*downs shot*

I like how you've outfitted the place. It's cozy.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

But he..he is MY MICHAEL!!
*tear*
There is no other one like him!
He is everything I have ever wanted...

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Thank you mr. clod.

*pours another shot*

I'm glad you like it.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*nods knowingly*

There, there, dear. Love is not a one shot, one chance deal in life. There are many opportunities for love in this life or any other.

*pours her another glass*

clod
Member # 9084

*downs shot*

Who's that caterwailing over there?

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, I didn't notice anyone else come in.

*continues to console AoD* There, there.

clod
Member # 9084

*hollering*

Say, Advent!

You got any of those crackers? The little fishy ones? And, bring me another round!

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Here you go mr. clod.

*lays a bowl of snacks in front of clod*

*pours another shot*

Please remember to tell all of you're friends about my bar mr. clod. And enjoy you're drink. [Smile]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Tell me, where else will I find a hot metrosexual, kind-hearted, shares-all-my-interests-including-my-strange-music, awesomest, Michael?
I love you, Michael. Even if you don't read it, I'm screaming it, I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL! PLEASE BE MY VALENTINE!! [Cry]

clod
Member # 9084

I shall.

And, thanks for all the crackers.

*downs shot, pays tab, and stumbles out in search of a way home.*

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

MICHAEL!!!!!!!!MICHAEL!!!!!!!!MICHAEL!!!!!!!!MICHAEL!!!!!!!!MICHAEL!!!!!!!!MICHAEL!!!!!!!!MICHAEL!!!!!!!!MICHAEL!!!!!!!! I love you! What the hell was I doing crying over a trans when all the time I had been madly in love with you?! [Cry]
*chuggs on cognac*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Have a good night mr. clod.

And AoD "remember hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies". So keep trying dear. And remember that you deserve to be happy.

But I think I need to cut you off the hard stuff dear.

*pours her a cup of cofee*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

I'm always here for you dear, if you feel that you really need to get it off your chest (IM).

You don't need to let everyone hear your pain if you don't want to.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

I am sorry everyone but the bar is now closing. It will open tomorrow morning at 7:30am MT.
Until then good night.

*helps AoD to her feet and walks her home*

Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs*
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I am closing shop so please come tommarow morning.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

*sings "We are the champions" by Queen all the way home*
Advent 115
Member # 8914

The Giants Shadow Bar is now open. [Cool]
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have a martini, and make it dirty!

Hey! It's after 5 PM somewhere!

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

One Smokey Martini coming up.

*mixes drink*

Here you go sir.

*passes Karl his drink*

Are you alright sir?

KarlEd
Member # 571

I'm good now.

*looks around*

Kinda dead in here, no?

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Well it is early mr. Ed.

Now what else can I get you? Some snacks perhaps or another martini?

KarlEd
Member # 571

Slow down there, bub. I'm not a lush! [Wink]
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*starts cleaning drinking glasses*

Sorry about that.

*places bowl of nuts in front of Karl*

Here you go. If you need anything else just ask.

*goes back to cleaning* [Cool]

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
looks like I found my way here.....
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

*pulls up a stool*

howdy Advent, gimmy the usual.

Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

So what do you think of Hatracks first and only cyber bar?

*continues cleaning drinking glasses*

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

the decor is nice......seems a little dead.

although I am in here getting a drink at 11:30 on a Wednesday [Wink]

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  31  32  33   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.