FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only) (Page 33)

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33   
Author Topic: The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only)
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I completly forgot about this place.

*Dusts of Borgie*

Get Tante a Hot Chocolate.

*Watches as Borgie makes a Hot chocolate and gives it to Tante*

Yay, he still works!

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeesh! I wandered off when the place looked shuttered, and now when I checked in, my hot chocolate is all cold.

Chocolate milk!

Thanks!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Robot Lords
Member # 9228

- posted      Profile for Mighty Robot Lords           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, please.
Posts: 40 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Coming right up sir.

*mixes drink*

Can I interest you in anything to eat?

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Robot Lords
Member # 9228

- posted      Profile for Mighty Robot Lords           Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps a grilled cheese sandwich? With some ham. Heck, I'll have a croque monsieur (French grilled ham and cheese).
Posts: 40 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
::peeks in window::

Hey! This place is still in business?

::Comes in out of the cold, settles on the squishy sofa in front of the blazing hearth and wraps a warm, thick afghan around shoulders::

Oh, I'd just love a great big hot chocolate. I need to thaw.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I saw the lights come on and I had to come on in as well. [Smile]

I'll start with some tequila, por favor.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

There doesn't seem to be anyone waiting bar. How's about I fix your tequila if you make me the hot chocolate.

While you're at it, put a shot of booze in it. I'm freezing!

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll just take a beer. Do they stock Franziskaner here?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

They stock everything here! No one's tending bar today -- I guess we just help ourselves.

::moves the sofa a bit closer to the fireplace::

It's good to come in from the cold.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like a glass of water.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

::serves up a hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps ::

There ya go. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*makes self a chocolate-ketchup milkshake, and grabs a bowl of chips*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

A chill wind blows, blows through the trees, stripping leaves from limb and strewing them with wanton abandon on the cold, unyielding ground. A chill wind that, like the X-Ray glasses advertised at the back of the comic books, makes all my layers of clothing irrelevant, as it pierces through layers of wool and cotton to my bare skin, to my bone, to my marrow. My core temperature falls past the moribund level!

I'm so glad to be in here, warm and cozy, and helping myself to another mug of cocoa, rich with milk and Schlagobers, so thick I could almost eat it with a spoon. My goosebumps an impossible memory -- how could anyone in the world be chilled when there is warmth such as this! A delicious flush rises in my cheeks. I've thawed.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

*pours glass of water*

*drinks glass of water*

*sighs*

*smashes glass on floor*

*dances*

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
*comes into work, sees havoc being wreaked, flips out*

Wow, broken glass, people helping themselves to drinks... this can't happen. Bartender here to save the day!!

*cleans up glass, steps behind bar, dusts off glasses, put up "open" sign*

Tante, can I interest you in a haiku?

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Can I get something warm and vaguely anti-cold (as in the sickness - I think I'm coming down with something, as my nose keeps running)?

*grabs a blanket and huddles by the fire*

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Can I have a glass of water?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Given what you did last time, I'm not convinced there was water in that glass.

*gets Carrie a cup of hot chocolate and a cup of tea*

Take your pick. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I've never double-fisted non-alcoholic beverages before. [Wink]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

::hands Steve the broom::

You ARE going to sweep that up, right?

Hi, Tinros. Nice to see you here.

Carrie, try the chicken soup. You'll feel better in a jiffy.

I'm still sipping my chocolate. It warms me to the core. Ahh . . .

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
I've never double-fisted non-alcoholic beverages before. [Wink]

I've never double fisted non-non-alcoholic drinks before. I've always been more interested than the people in a bar than the drinks. Though I'm not opposed to the occasional German wheat, or shot of Jaeger.

And you're missing out!

I was trying to think of a saying that'd go along with the ole "beer before liquor never been sicker, liquor before beer you're in the clear." But I can't think of what rhymes with chocolate, and all I can come up with for tea is "Chocolate before tea will make you pee." Has anyone seen my thinking cap?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Ah, a warm breakfast! Hot Cafe Cubano, but not in one of those teensy cups -- I want a big American mug, grits with butter and an over easy egg. Salt and pepper, and a good dash of hot sauce.

I'll just sit at this table nearest the fire and warm myself while I wait for that to be ready. I can feel my goosebumps receding, and the feeling return to my cold hands and feet.

Ah . . . this is just lovely!

Carrie
Member # 394

Hey now, there were those college parties wherein double-fisting was necessary, both out of party rules and out of a lack of desire to talk to anyone. I never said I did it at a bar... [Wink]

I'll drink some tea and eat a bowl of turkey chili, made from leftovers. [Smile]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

How's the cold, love? There's plenty of warm afghans (and, oddly, a hawt Afghan, over there in the corner) and room on the squishy sofas near the fireplace.

Here, have a hanky.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

*sweeps up glass*

Can I have some water now, please?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*tosses SR a bottle of water*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

The cold is much better, thanks! I've stopped sniffling, for the most part, thanks to sleeping in a sweatshirt last night and keeping my feet warm. [Smile]

Can I get another hot chocolate? I'll be over snuggled on one of the squishy sofas by the fireplace.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

*fixes Carrie another cup of hot chocolate*

Enjoy.

Carrie
Member # 394

Yum, thanks.

If I doze off here, does that count as sleeping IRL? I could use that. [Wink]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

::adjusts thermostat::
::adds another log to the fire::
::wraps tightly in a thick, warm afghan::

Ah . . .

Oh man! I forgot to get my drink. I just got comfortable, too. Would someone mind getting me a big mug of Orange Spice tea with just a dollop of bourbon in it?

And a cookie?

Thanks. You're a dear.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

*hands Tante a mug of Orange Spice Tea with just a dollop of bourbon in it and a cookie*

Can I interest anyone in a cheese sandwich?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Toasted? Sure!
  This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.