FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cheiros, Bando, Advent, and I, are not the same person. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cheiros, Bando, Advent, and I, are not the same person.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
So, yesterday, I am reading one of my threads, only to discover that people have come to think we are all the person. Well, people I can assure that we are not the same person, in any way, shape or form.

I am curious however, why did people think of this? Who else does everyone think everyone ese is?

That is, if you think two people are the same, this will be the official thread to say it.

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, yes we are.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

You aren't making things better.
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
At least I'm not lying to everyone like you.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate both of you.....
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

I hate both of me too.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

As do I hate the two of you.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
I give up. You are both hopeless.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Stop that! Cheiros, you know that won't make things any better.

[No No]

Advent 115
Member # 8914

I give up. You are both hopeless.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I should just come out and tell you the truth.

I'm Lalo.

That is all.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

- posted      Profile for clod   Email clod         Edit/Delete Post 
deja vu, all over again...

I hate it when this happens.

Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

What? And you aren't?

*laughs*

cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Who is Lalo?
Reticulum
Member # 8776

I don't know; probably a person at hatrack, I assume.
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
And I'm Papa Moose.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

that's a good way of putting it.
Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I have the feeling this thread will not bode well for the four of us...
Reticulum
Member # 8776

No you're not. Or are you?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean the one of you.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Oh, it's going great for me.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Noemon, Lyrhawn, TomDavidson, Blayne Bradley, and King of Men. Fooled ya, didn't I?
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I am leaving....

*walks off shaking head*

Reticulum
Member # 8776

Maybe it won't affect Bando. I will just have to talk in Band more then. [Wink]
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the original thread I posted this in got deleted because I can't find it. My apologies if someone already answered.

My newbie-ish question: Because our IP addresses are logged, isn't it easy to tell if people are (or are not) the same person?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

By the way, the four (one) of us are Australian, not American.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
I'm Noemon, Lyrhawn, TomDavidson, Blayne Bradley, and King of Men. Fooled ya, didn't I?

Really? I have the feeling I am being tricked right now. IF YOU ARE, then you are the master of disguise.
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

I have the feeling you are (I am) very gullible.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

No. You are lying, aren't you. Are you? Crap!!! I can't tell.
clod
Member # 9084

*starts stacking bodies as preface to the IP rolecall*
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Hey!!! I am American Cheiros; do not say that. The US is WAYYYYYYY better. So there, I win.
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

quote:
Originally posted by Reticulum:
Hey!!! I am American Cheiros; do not say that. The US is WAYYYYYYY better. So there, I win.

That's just what I'd expect an Australian to say. Here's proof:

quote:
Originally posted by imogen:
The US would win and then wonder what on earth to do with all this inhabitable land and strange people who eat vast amounts of vegemite.

Of course underground Australian resistance movements would form. Beer would be drunk. I'm not sure what else would happen, but beer would most assuredly be drunk.

I guess it would be good for improving the US's swimming medals at the Summer Games though. (;p)

pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought one of you was from Canada.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Errr, stop that. by the way, you sound like a Schizo. HAHAHA!!!!!
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Canada is bad. They are too fair and good, and kind, and referred to as the upper US. I like Canadia.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a riddle, right? I think the answer is "one of them isn't a quarter, but the other one is."
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Dagonee and OSC, and sometimes puppy. [Smile]
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

*gasps ina gasp-like way*
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Celaeno:
I think the original thread I posted this in got deleted because I can't find it. My apologies if someone already answered.

My newbie-ish question: Because our IP addresses are logged, isn't it easy to tell if people are (or are not) the same person?

I hesitate to bother posting in this thread, since it's only a matter of time until it's deleted, but my answer to your question in the other thread was "not necessarily". If Advent and Reticulum are both students at the same middle school, and the school's network is set up so that it uses a proxy server, both of them would show up in Hatrack's logs as having the same IP address--the proxy server's external address.

Alternatively, if a person were careful to, say, post under persona A from the library and persona B from home, there would be different IP addresses for both identities.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Why do you think it will be deleted?
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
3 guesses.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Wait, what? Middle school? What's this about?
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Your hands.

Fish.

A bit of string or Nothing.

Do I get to eat you now?

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Noemon. Sorry I didn't see it the first time.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Do mayfly's automatically get deleted after they completely lose attention?
Reticulum
Member # 8776

No, it's up to the poster.
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Don't tell me what I already apparently know. You're wasting both my time!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Liar! Everyone knows that I am Tom Davidson.

Of course, that means I am also AJ and kat, but I'm still in the process of assimilating those personalities.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:

Liar! Everyone knows that I am Tom Davidson.

How do we know that you aren't Dr Strangelove as well?
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Yes, I concur with Ric.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.