FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cheiros, Bando, Advent, and I, are not the same person. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cheiros, Bando, Advent, and I, are not the same person.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
How do we know that you aren't Dr Strangelove as well?

I haven't been an angsty teen in many a moon.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka - Angsty Teen in only a few moons.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
Specific moons. Very, very specific moons.

I am also imogen, by the way. And she is me.

(does this thread remind anyone else apart from me of the 'who's on first' routine?)

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh great, now I've done got myself a label as an angsty teen.

*Goes off to assume one of the more respectable identities*

Oh, and Scythrop, I Don't Know.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
CAUTION -- SPOILER WARNING! -- CAUTION!
Cheiros, Bando, Advent, Reticulum ARE the same person.

I know this because they are all alt screen names for Tante Shvester! [Evil]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I am Spartacus.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually Lyrhawn. That's how I (as Lyrhawn) get away with being so obnoxious to myself (as Lisa).
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, you must have a lot of alts, then, Lisa.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who claims to be from Hawai'i.

Right here, baby.

Anytime we...I mean, I go off on nostalgic Hawai'i discussions, it's really just the autoerotic homesickness of a poor lost soul.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I am Spartacus.
Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
I am Malcolm X
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Malcolm X owes me $15 and a new pair of shoes, so I'm glad to hear that, St. Yogi; I had no idea how I was going to be able to collect.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
Man, you must have a lot of alts, then, Lisa.

Heh.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Malcolm X owes me $15 and a new pair of shoes, so I'm glad to hear that, St. Yogi; I had no idea how I was going to be able to collect.

Mmm, just a slip of the finger, that. Sorry. I'm Malcolm Z. You're probably looking for my brother.

<_<

>_>

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

- posted      Profile for Alex Johansen   Email Alex Johansen         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is very amusing!
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
You all sound alike, as if you all have brains from the same mold. It kind of makes me think you aren't the same person, because then there might be an attempt to sound different for each persona. Instead, there is a specific standard of behavior and thinking for your group of friends, which you all adhere to religiously, because to do otherwise would condemn you to loneliness.

But that's just my theory.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I always sound alike, too.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Brian and so's my wife!

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
/looks in

/looks around in bewilderment

/runs out

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
I'm actually Lyrhawn. That's how I (as Lyrhawn) get away with being so obnoxious to myself (as Lisa).

Aw, I almost made that joke too. Though I wasn't going to be that snide about it.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Well, THAT was snide. [Razz]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

No, snide would have included "But I guess you can't help it can you?" onto the end of my post.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Yogi:
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:

Mmm, just a slip of the finger, that. Sorry. I'm Malcolm Z. You're probably looking for my brother.

<_<

>_>

[ROFL]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I am Keyser Soze.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
No, snide would have included "But I guess you can't help it can you?" onto the end of my post.

You are absolutely correct. I bow to your greater expertise in all things snide.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, snap!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe people wonder if you're the same person because you all talk so frelling much about almost nothing.

Oh, wait...this thread wasn't serious, was it?

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
What, and you hold world issues? This isn't a UN assembly, it is a message board, and people have the freedom to talk about what they wish.
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Let's talk some more about how boring you are. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:

You are absolutely correct. I bow to your greater expertise in all things snide.
[Roll Eyes]
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

You must be a teenager, because that, "I have the freedom to say what I want!" response when your freedom to say what you want isn't threatened or even questioned is in the Handbook for Middle-School Internet Users on page one, paragraph two, I think [Smile]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many times we've had a variation on this thread, or the "I'm someone you know but look! I have a new screen name and I'm not going to tell you who I am!" thread. I can remember at least five of those, two or three by the same person.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
You must be a teenager, because that, "I have the freedom to say what I want!" response when your freedom to say what you want isn't threatened or even questioned is in the Handbook for Middle-School Internet Users on page one, paragraph two, I think [Smile]

And either you are an F student, or a very ill-informed adult, because that is some of the worst grammar I have ever seen.

But no offense. [Smile]

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
BAM!

The no offense bomb? Duuuuude, I can't believe you went there! He's callin' you and yo momma out to field to take your candy, Keeshsta, you gonna take that from him?

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I got nothin', BtL. I've been totally outclassed.

And that 'no offense', with the smiley! I'm devastated! My grammar is not superb, but then again I don't go shrieking in all CAPS OMG STOP BUSTING ON GRAMMAR THAT'S SO OUT OF LINE JUST ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON OMGOMGLOLLERCOPTER!

Here's the thing, Reticulum. No one cares whether you, Cheiros, Bando, Advent, and the rest of the Class of 2008 or whatever, are the same person. Most people just wish you'd quit freaking yapping all the darn time about nothing.

Oh, and for the record, I'm still right. Your adolescent, "It's an Internet message board, man, I can say what I want!" response is overdone and typical of an ignorant middle-schooler.

No one was trying to take your freedom to project every little vapid thought that pops across your brain onto an unwilling and irritated public. Your freedom of speech is not at issue here. It's the quality and sleep-inducing traits of your speech that is at issue here. [Smile]

Edit: Oh, and by the way? Offense intended. None of that adolescent sarcasm, I intend to offend. Maybe when you get older you can get a driver's license and drive over to my house and kick my butt.

Day-ammn! Snap!

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
that is some of the worst grammar I have ever seen.
Actually, while the sentence structure is over-complicated and his comma usage was questionable, it was otherwise largely correct.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

- posted      Profile for clod   Email clod         Edit/Delete Post 
Being large and correct is a good thing to be, I gather.
Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Here's the thing, Reticulum. No one cares whether you, Cheiros, Bando, Advent, and the rest of the Class of 2008 or whatever, are the same person.[/i].

Um, I graduated in 2003. So mess you.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

I've made a living of it so far, clod. [Smile]
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Alright, strike Advent 115 off the list then:)

Tom's right, though. I get a little crazy sometimes and my sentences frequently run on a bit too long.

prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
::applauds rakeesh::

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I like this thread. It has a nice amount of conflict, humor, and serious discussion. Ok, scratch that last one.

quote:
No one cares whether you, Cheiros, Bando, Advent, and the rest of the Class of 2008 or whatever, are the same person.

That brings to mind funny imagery, at least in my fried brain. The class of 2008 consisting of one person, or better yet, all being copies of the same person! [Razz]

[Roll Eyes] @ myself.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

quote:

And that 'no offense', with the smiley! I'm devastated! My grammar is not superb, but then again I don't go shrieking in all CAPS OMG STOP BUSTING ON GRAMMAR THAT'S SO OUT OF LINE JUST ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON OMGOMGLOLLERCOPTER!

Here's the thing, Reticulum. No one cares whether you, Cheiros, Bando, Advent, and the rest of the Class of 2008 or whatever, are the same person. Most people just wish you'd quit freaking yapping all the darn time about nothing.

Oh, and for the record, I'm still right. Your adolescent, "It's an Internet message board, man, I can say what I want!" response is overdone and typical of an ignorant middle-schooler.

No one was trying to take your freedom to project every little vapid thought that pops across your brain onto an unwilling and irritated public. Your freedom of speech is not at issue here. It's the quality and sleep-inducing traits of your speech that is at issue here. [Smile]

Edit: Oh, and by the way? Offense intended. None of that adolescent sarcasm, I intend to offend. Maybe when you get older you can get a driver's license and drive over to my house and kick my butt.

Day-ammn! Snap!

Yes, I have completely nonsensical things to discuss that no one cares about. AND, I suppose
people only respond to for unkown reasons, accomponied by the fact that this post itself was created for humor.

But.

Ask yourself; while you accuse I of acting like a middleschooler who wants freedom of speech and such, judging by the quote above, who is the imature one?

Advent 115
Member # 8914

I am glad I am no longer considered to be you....(IM?)
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Oooh...Burn!

You just crack me up!

Reticulum
Member # 8776

Yes, Advent, yes. That is the way to get on someone's good side; insult them. That sure helps.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Not insulting, just glad not to be considered to have multiple personallities.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

That isn't how I read it.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Fight! Fight!
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.