FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 50)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Updated list:

1 Sadly there's very little you can do because of the tremendous red tape in the bush.

2 Reason number 2, look what I can do.
-But, what does that have to do with...
-No, no. He's got a point.
- The Emperor's New Groove - Vadon

3 [Crying]I love him so much. - Raising Arizona -SenojRetep

4 Oh, I'll remember it, Joe. That's about all I'm gonna do the rest of my life is go around rememberin' your name. - Support Your Local Sheriff - Solo

5 You can't fool us by agreeing with us. - Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Sean Monahan

6 I do not think about things I do not think about.
-Do you ever think about things that you do think about?

7 I can remember everything. That's my curse, young man. It's the greatest curse that's ever been inflicted on the human race: memory. - Citizen Kane - Scott R

8 If his was more than just a vague ambition, if he was absolutely determined to discover the truth, there's no way we could prevent him. - The Truman Show - Strider

9 Let us chat together a moment, my friend! There are still several hours until dawn, and I have the whole day to sleep.

10 What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny?" "Make yourself at home?" "Marry my daughter?" You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. - Blazing Saddles - Strider

11 Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a rich man, and I've been a poor man. And I choose rich every f***ing time. - The Wolf of Wall Street - SenojRetep

12 The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf***er in the room, accept no substitutes. - Jackie Brown - Mr. Y

13 As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit. - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Strider

14 I'll go to your room, but you'll have to seduce me. - Vicky Cristina Barcelona - Strider

15 You will be on the public eye. Beware of them cameras. Oh, them cameras are bad as any narcotic. - Malcolm X - SenojRetep

16 I'm British; I know how to queue. - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Strider

17 First off, stop cussin, cause you're not good at it. - I, Robot - Sean Monahan

18 I should've called the police that night but I was weak. You convinced me to stay silent; I regret that. - Absolute Power - Mr. Y

19 It is recognized that you have a funny sense of fun. - Lawrence of Arabia - Vadon

20 (Bonus) It doesn't do anything, that's the beauty of it.

Strider - 5
SenojRetep - 3
Sean Monahan - 2
Mr. Y - 2
Vadon - 2
Scott R - 1
Solo - 1

Hobbes [Smile]

[ October 13, 2016, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
4 - Support Your Local Sheriff
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Final set of hints (with old ones included):

1 Sadly there's very little you can do because of the tremendous red tape in the bush.

The thing he wanted to do something about, was little kids getting picked up in the beaks of flies and carried off.

The original had Peter Faulk, but they sadly made a remake where Michael Douglas played his role.

Peter Faulk’s son is marrying Alan Arkin’s daughter.

Add this to the theme song, and the main character was lucky he was unconscious for all this.

But did you ever like the spinach puffs?

The main character gets significant physical changes in the antagonists “secret lab”.

-Do you ever think about things that you do think about?

Don’t trouble your own home.

Then why did God plague us with the capacity to think? Mr. Brady, why do you deny the one faculty of man that raises him above the other creatures of the earth? The power of his brain to reason. What other merit have we? The elephant is larger; the horse is swifter and stronger; the butterfly is far more beautiful; the mosquito is more prolific. Even the simple sponge is more durable. But does a sponge think?

They lose the case but win the war, hinted at by the fact that the judge assigns such a small penalty to the crime.

9 Let us chat together a moment, my friend! There are still several hours until dawn, and I have the whole day to sleep.

Herzog says he was born to play this role.

[Clarification on first hint: Herzog was talking about an actor he was directing, he was not referring to himself]. Does this word not sound like the midnight call of the Bird of Death? Do not utter it, or the images of life will fade - into pale shadows and ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed your Blood.

It was one of Herzog’s few remakes: the original quote should give you a clue to what kind of creature stars in the film.

18 I should've called the police that night but I was weak. You convinced me to stay silent; I regret that.

It turns out that the perpetrator did not have complete control.

If I could do something like that, I'd be the star of my AARP meetings

Clint Eastwood says the previous line, but not the initial quote.

19 It is recognized that you have a funny sense of fun.

This quote is followed by one of the two most famous smash cuts in cinema.

I Since you do know... ...we can claim to arrive in the name of Feisal of Mecca?
-Yes, [name], you may claim it. But in whose name do you ride?

The best of them won’t come for money, they’ll come for me.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
18 - Absolute Power
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Correct. I'll keep updating the post at the top of this page.

Hobbes [Smile]

Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
2) Emperor's New Groove
19) Lawrence of Arabia (Thanks for the hint)
20/Bonus) You're a monster. That's not a guess. It's what I'm calling you.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

There are three left to go. If Strider gets one he seals the deal, but as it stands: 4 people can still win or tie.

Hobbes [Smile]

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Man I wish I was participating in this quality thread. [Wave]
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

1 Sadly there's very little you can do because of the tremendous red tape in the bush. - The In-Laws

- The Emperor's New Groove - Vadon

3 [Crying]I love him so much. - Raising Arizona -SenojRetep

4 Oh, I'll remember it, Joe. That's about all I'm gonna do the rest of my life is go around rememberin' your name. - Support Your Local Sheriff - Solo

5 You can't fool us by agreeing with us. - Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Sean Monahan

-Do you ever think about things that you do think about? - Inherit the Wind

7 I can remember everything. That's my curse, young man. It's the greatest curse that's ever been inflicted on the human race: memory. - Citizen Kane - Scott R

8 If his was more than just a vague ambition, if he was absolutely determined to discover the truth, there's no way we could prevent him. - The Truman Show - Strider

9 Let us chat together a moment, my friend! There are still several hours until dawn, and I have the whole day to sleep. - Nosferatu

10 What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny?" "Make yourself at home?" "Marry my daughter?" You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. - Blazing Saddles - Strider

11 Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a rich man, and I've been a poor man. And I choose rich every f***ing time. - The Wolf of Wall Street - SenojRetep

12 The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf***er in the room, accept no substitutes. - Jackie Brown - Mr. Y

13 As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit. - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Strider

14 I'll go to your room, but you'll have to seduce me. - Vicky Cristina Barcelona - Strider

15 You will be on the public eye. Beware of them cameras. Oh, them cameras are bad as any narcotic. - Malcolm X - SenojRetep

16 I'm British; I know how to queue. - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Strider

17 First off, stop cussin, cause you're not good at it. - I, Robot - Sean Monahan

18 I should've called the police that night but I was weak. You convinced me to stay silent; I regret that. - Absolute Power - Mr. Y

19 It is recognized that you have a funny sense of fun. - Lawrence of Arabia - Vadon

It's been long enough that I'm calling it. That means Strider gets the win. Full answers above.

Hobbes [Smile]

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't kick myself once...
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.