FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 3)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag's right on all three and the bonus round! (Totally spoiling my certainty that people would guess Army of Darkness so I could yell at them! [Razz] )

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and #17 is one of the Jason movies, probably Freddy v. Jason.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I know it BECAUSE I heard after seeing AoD I wanted to find out where it was from originally.

Oh, and I haven't seen Manos the Hand of Fate, but it was brought up at a party once and 5 people at the same time said, "The master would not approve."

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

#17 is indeed Freddy vs Jason.

I was the only person in my college circle of friends who had actually seen The Day the Earth Stood Still before AoD was even released. Some people refused to believe me that it was a reference!

And I congratulate you on having NOT seen Manos. Wise decision, that.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jh
Member # 7727

- posted      Profile for jh   Email jh         Edit/Delete Post 
#13 is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

That brings the score to:

Dagonee: 4+
SenojRetep: 2
SteveRogers: 1
jh: 1

Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
6. "Maybe we're both dreaming. Maybe this is all a dream, and in the morning, Mommy will wake us up with milk and cookies. Then, after we eat, I will make love to her four or five times. If I can."
Life is Beautiful?
Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

It sure is.

SteveRogers: 1
Amilia: 1

--Enigmatic

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I knew I recognized #6.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I should know the "your eyes" one

but the only one I have that isn't pegged yet is #2

Titan AE

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

That's what it was! I kept hearing it in Dr. Evil's voice.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Jim-Me is correct on #2. I didn't like most of the movie that much, but I really loved that one character.

And yes, you should know the "your eyes" quote. I'm betting the majority of the people on this forum have seen that movie.

--Enigmatic

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Is #15 from The Aristocats? I'm really stretching here...
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
12 - Monty Python's Life of Brian
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Is #4 from Blade Runner?

And...I can't believe I just now thought of it, I've got the movie on DVD, #12 is from Life of Brian.

Edit:

Darn it, Goody you beat me...my computer just wouldn't load the darn page. And after all the brain re-arranging.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

quote:
Is #15 from The Aristocats?
No. Although it is from something animated.
quote:
12 - Monty Python's Life of Brian
Yes!

Edit to add Steve's point for Bladerunner.

SteveRogers: 2
Jim-Me: 1
Goody Scrivener: 1

8 more up for grabs.

--Enigmatic

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Did I get #4 right?
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
10. "Eleven fifteen. Restate my assumptions." - I think it's Pi, but it might be I Heart Huckabees.

[ May 04, 2006, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
18 sounds like it might be from 12 Monkeys. Not sure, though, it's been a long time since I've watched that.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
No. Although it is from something animated.
15. Last Unicorn? There was a cat in that, and I remember him being pretty darn annoying.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Squicky is right on 10.
Goody is sorta close on 18, but not it.
Dag is right on 15. (I was going to go with a quote from the Skeleton, but I couldn't find the exact text online and was afraid of misquoting.)

Dagonee: 5+
MrSquicky: 1

--Enigmatic

Dagonee
Member # 5818

I couldn't get past thinking of that quote as being by Edgewood Dirk in one of the Landover Novels. The animated clue forced my brain out of its rut.

And with that, I'm out, because nothing else except "them/us" is at all familiar.

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

11. "The Ballet, a bunch of anorexics leaping around men with bulging genitals! Oh, I hope I'm not arousing you." - Maybe As Good as It Gets

8. "They're us. We're them and they're us." - I think it's Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

As Good as it Gets is not it, though it is an interesting guess.

(Oo, you edited! Bill and Ted's is NOT the movie that I was quoting, but I can't guarentee that the same line isn't also in it.)

There are 6 left, so it's possible for somebody to overtake Dag. What's left is pretty wide ranging, though, so I'm not sure how likely that is. I'll probably post hints later tonight, and if they're not all figured out by morning call this round for the leader.

--Enigmatic

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Okay, here are some hints for the remainders.

#5: This is not a very long movie, but the title is even shorter.
#8: The line is from one of the few movies that's a remake by the same writer/producer as the original movie. It's a little tricky since it's not in the original, but they're both such good films it seemed fair game.
#9: This one's the documentary. It had its own thread on hatrack not too long ago.
#11: If I had to pick one of these that nobody is going to get, this would be it. If you've seen the movie, this line should be enough to easily know it. But I'm not sure if any of you have seen the movie.
#16: Just the opposite. I know a lot of you have seen the movie, but this isn't the most memorable line from it. It was tough to pick a line that wouldn't be far too easy, as this is an incredibly quotable film.
#18: Goody guessed 12 Monkeys. That isn't it, but Brad Pitt is the one who said this line.

--Enigmatic

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

18 - Se7en?
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

A winner with the goofy title spelling and all!

MrSquicky: 2

--Enigmatic

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

I feel a little bad about this one, but I can only think of two movies (and to be honest, I'm not completely sure that one of them is a remake instead of a sequel) that fit the description, so I'll give them a shot.

8 - Either Desperado or The Night of the Living Dead.

FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm suprised no one's used this one yet:

"What does it do?" "It doesn't DO anything. That's the beauty of it."

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

MrSquicky got #8 with Night of the Living Dead. (I'm pretty sure Desperado is technically a sequel, btw.)

FlyingCow, that reference was actually done on the first page.

--Enigmatic

Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
#5 - Go
#9 - Aristocrats
#16 - Clerks

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
#11 - Brain Donor......I think. I haven't seen the movie in a long time, so I'm not sure
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

I can't believe I missed the clerks one... I'm such a bad Kevin Smith fan.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Evie3217 is right on all counts. Final Scores:

Evie3217: 4
MrSquicky: 3

And with that I turn the thread over to Dagonee.

--Enigmatic

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

hurry dags... I head for lunch in half an hour and getting your shots in early is a big part of the game!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Sorry, Jim-Me. This took longer than I thought.

1. Oh that's just what we call pillow talk, baby, that's all. Army of Darkness

2. Everybody relax, I'm here. Big Trouble in Little China

3. Here endeth the lesson. The Untouchables

4. Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?"
Goodfellas

5. Keep your money. You just get that sucker to the designated place at the designated time, and I will gladly designate his ass... for dismemberment!
The Last Dragon

6. "Hates him with the fire of a thousand suns." That's a direct quote. Ten Things I Hate About You

7. Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.
Breakfast Club

8. If we can get a picture of Julia Roberts in a thong, we can certainly get a picture of this weirdo. Spider-man

9. You, you've got me? Who's got you? Superman

10. Don't make me use my stuff on ya, baby! Bubba Ho Tep

11. I heard you were dead. Escape from New York

12. No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering. Hellraiser

13. That’s a bad white boy, man.
Remember the Titans

14. We will start with the perfect omelet which is made with two eggs not three. Some amateurs use milk to add density; this is a mistake. Deep Blue Sea

15. Half of writing history is hiding the truth. Serenity

16. I can say without fear of contradiction, that under no circumstances, and at no time has that current administration expended any public monies what so ever for the purchase of the fluffy flower print toilet paper. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

17. Oh. Where you going?.. Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and then you're out with the boys to boast and brag. YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Oh... I think I love him. Young Frankenstein

18. I don't know if it will help saying this to you... some men in this world are born to do our unpleasant jobs for us... your father is one of them. To Kill a Mockingbird

19. But if you're asking me how a far a commanding officer is allowed to go, or dare go, or should be permitted to play God, I can't answer you. The Great Escape

20. O.K., boss, this LTX-27 concealable mike is part of the same system that NASA used when they faked the Apollo moon landings. Yeah, the astronauts broadcast around the world from a soundstage at Norton Airforce Base in San Bernadino, California. So it worked for them, shouldn't give us too many problems.
Sneakers

[ May 05, 2006, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
#9 is Superman

#17 is Young Frankenstein

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

#20 is Sneakers.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
#2: Big Trouble in Little China
#5: The Last Dragon
#11: Escape from New York

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
6. Ten Things I Hate About You

7 and 9. Frustratingly familiar...

Is 8. Paparazzi? I watched that on an airplane once.

19. Sounds like A Few Good Men, but I don't really expect that to be right.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
#8: Spider-Man I think
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
7. Is Breakfast Club. Whew. And Superman, of course.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

#1, it really sounds like Bruce Campbell, so I'll say "Army of Darkness."
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

#10: Austin Powers? (I'll go with the original)
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

#12 sounds like Hellraiser, but if it's one of the sequels I have no chance at saying which one.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Jeniwren - 3 (9, 17, 20)
Seatarsprayan - 4 (2, 5, 11, 8)
SenojRetep - 2 (6, 7)

The rest through the 12:19 post are wrong.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

1 and 12 are right. 10 is not Austin Powers
jeniwren
Member # 2002

Is #14 How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?

#18 is SO familiar and I know I've seen the movie but I can't place it or the person who said it. Arrrgh...

Dagonee
Member # 5818

No on 14.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

15. Half of writing history is hiding the truth. - Serenity (and I'm amazed that it's been out there so long)

18. I don't know if it will help saying this to you... some men in this world are born to do our unpleasant jobs for us... your father is one of them. - I'm not entirely sure, but I think this is either Road to Perdition or To Kill A Mockingbird

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.