I sort of VERY quickly looked at movies Tom Hanks made... I probably shouldn't get that one. Eventually I may have, because I just watched that movie a couple months ago.
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999
| IP: Logged |
Here's my list. I tried not to duplicate the ones Narnia posted and to use very familiar/popular movies. They are in rough chronological order, even within the categories. It oughta be easy. I tested it on a coworker and he got about half of them.
Classics (pre-1976): 1)I was aiming for the horse! The Magnificent Seven
2)Push the button, Max! The Great Race
3)Who sends a suicide telegram? The Odd Couple
4)We're gonna hold 'em by the nose and kick 'em in the ass! Patton
5)Fechez le vache! Monty Python and the Holy Grail
6)Yeah, but I shoot with *this* hand. Blazing Saddles
My Youth (1977-1989) 7) No reward is worth this! Star Wars
8)This *means* something... Close Encounters of the Third Kind
9) Boys, you gotta learn not to talk to nuns that way. The Blues Brothers
10) I was present at an undersea, unexplained mass sponge migration. Ghostbusters
11) A girl's gotta have her standards Real Genius
12) Today my jurisdiction ends here. Silverado
13) We have to tell Karl his brother is dead. Die Hard
14) I don't like fast women! Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Recent History (newer than that) 15) we should file that one under "educational", too... The Shawshank Redemption
16) He wasn't right in the head Braveheart
17) F%^& Hitler! Saving Private Ryan
18) yeah... I like "dags" Snatch
19) Ecce homo! Passion of the Christ
20) I give a damn, sir, because a good man once made me responsible for what was most precious to him in the whole world Batman Begins
Bonus obscure quote: I can't believe I'm robbing the vatican. The nuns at St. Agnes predicted this. Hudson Hawk
Ok, these are guesses based on vague recollections.
3. Odd Couple? 14. Indiana Jones - I don't know, I remember Harrison Ford saying it. Let's go with the third one since it is at the end of your list. Last Crusade. I think 4 might be from Patton, but it's been several years since I've seen that, and I may be confusing it with something else.
I was aiming for the horse...I know this, and it's killing me that I can't come up with it. I'm gonna slap myself as soon as someone guesses it.
I just posted the answers to the last two on my list. #6 is from How the Grinch Stole Christmas and #15 is from Nicholas Nickleby. Katie nabbed the elusive #14.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000
| IP: Logged |
Okay, here we go with the next round. I tried to get something of a mix here. Included in my 20 is some comedy, some horror, at least one Oscar-winner and even a documentary! Some of it should be easy, though I think this may be a bit more obscure overall than Jim-Me's list. But what do I know?
1. "They said he fell down an elevator shaft. Onto some bullets." - Mystery Men 2. "I put at button on it. Yes. I wish to press it, but I'm not sure what will happen if I do." - Titan AE 3. "I was lucky in the order, but I've always been lucky when it comes to killin' folks." - Unforgiven 4. "If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes" - Bladerunner 5. "Professional curiosity: What are you ON?" - Go 6. "Maybe we're both dreaming. Maybe this is all a dream, and in the morning, Mommy will wake us up with milk and cookies. Then, after we eat, I will make love to her four or five times. If I can." - Life is Beautiful 7. "Well, I don't like men with too many muscles." - Rocky Horror Picture Show 8. "They're us. We're them and they're us." - Night of the Living Dead 9. "Can I get a copy of this? I'd like to send it to the kids from the show Full House." - The Aristocrats 10. "Eleven fifteen. Restate my assumptions." - Pi 11. "The Ballet, a bunch of anorexics leaping around men with bulging genitals! Oh, I hope I'm not arousing you." - Brain Donors 12. "Yes! We are all individuals!" - Life of Brian 13. "We can't stop here. This is bat country!" - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 14. "The master would not approve." - Manos: The Hands of Fate 15. "No cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer." - The Last Unicorn 16. "You're a danger to both the dead and the living." - Clerks 17. "Dude, that goalie was pissed!" - Freddy vs Jason 18. "When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane?" - Se7en 19. "Merchandising! Where the real money of the movie is made." - Spaceballs 20. "You know... for kids!" - The Hudsucker Proxy
Super Bonus Quote: What movie are The Words "Klaatu Barada Nikto" ORIGINALLY from? The Day the Earth Stood Still
Dagonee won this round with 5 points and the bonus question.