FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 25)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Is 17 the one where he's wanting to be knight but it's not in his lineage and Chaucer comes out nude at one point?

A Knights Tale?

I may be way off, but that's cool with me 'cause I'm bad at these.

(and i figured since i'm on-line i might as well type it out a/o talk it out...)

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. It's more recent then that.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to guess Casanova for 17
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Oho ... you got it. Very nice. This round ends tonight, so unless Nighthawk or Blackblade can guess the last 3 in that, the game is yours. So start you list. [Smile]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
working on it, just waiting for the go-ahead
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
No hope for me. I've done it like three times anyway; I'm out of quotes!
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Alrighty Grimace, go for it. The answers for mine are:

11 - Green Street Hooligans

15 - Bowfinger

19 - The Animal

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

Sorry for the late posting, and I'll try to stay up on this. Let's go with the 3 answers per however many hours like previous games, and no looking them up. Apologies if any are too easy/hard, and I'm thinking of giving 2 points for the bonus depending on how fast it's figured.

1) “I'm telling you this like a friend because if you screw this up - I would hate to... I would really hate to have to kill you. I would hate it more than mayonnaise. You know how much I hate mayonnaise.” The Whole 9 Yards
2) “Who took the jam outta your doughnut?” Snatch
3) “…I've come here with a view of asking you to marriage me. I know I seems an insane person - because I hardly knows you - but sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof. And I will inhabit here, or you can inhabit with me…” Love Actually
4) “She *is* fine! Except for being still crazy, she's a picture of health!” Serenity
5) “That punk's either in love with that guy's daughter or he's got a newfound respect for life.” Grosse Pointe Blank
6) “Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?” High Fidelity
7) “That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.” Pulp Fiction
8) “Who knows where thoughts come from? They just appear” Empire Records
9) “How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?” Usual Suspects
10) “Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch.” Boondock Saints
11) “First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village. But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her...” Donnie Darko
12) “No, I'm serious. This is a serious exercise. It's like an SAT question. Which one is going to get to the hundred dollar bill first?” Chasing Amy
13) “Mass genocide is the most physically demanding activity one can engage in, next to soccer.” Dogma
14) “Good luck exploring the infinite abyss” Garden State
15) “It's in that place where I put that thing that time.” Hackers
16) “Sony, because Caucasians are just too damn tall.” Crazy People
17) “she just shot at you with her eyes closed, Spoon!” I Robot
18) “Yeah, um, about that... I've decided to devote my life to Satan instead. Thanks though!” Saved
19) “Why? Why would I want that? Why would I want bubblegum?” Once Upon a Time in Mexico
20) “I can only express puzzlement that borders on alarm.” Sin City

Bonus) “Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.” Adventures of Baron von Munchausen

[ October 26, 2006, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: TheGrimace ]

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
1) Whole Nine Yard

4) Serenity

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
17) I, Robot (just to get my third for the hour!)
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
10. Boondock Saints
11. Donnie Darko

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

13. Dogma...and that's my three for this hour.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

Architraz Warden: 3
Javert: 3

beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
9 - usual suspects
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
7 - Pulp Fiction
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
14- Garden State
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

6- Laws of Attraction (?)

Oops. The title's "Rules of Attraction."

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
5) Grosse Pointe Blank
6) High Fidelity

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
16, Crazy People

I've hear 5 but can't place it.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

Javert: 3
beatnix19: 2
SenojRetep: 2
jehovoid: 1

Javert
Member # 3076

20. Sin City...and I LOOOOOVE that quote, hehe.
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
3) Love Actually
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

18- Detroit Rock City perhaps.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
2) “Who took the jam outta your doughnut?”
You did, Tommy! You took the jam out of my doughnut! - Snatch

quote:
12) “No, I'm serious. This is a serious exercise. It's like an SAT question. Which one is going to get to the hundred dollar bill first?”
The man-hating dyke! Because the rest of them are figments of your ..... imagination. - Chasing Amy

quote:
15) “It's in that place where I put that thing that time.”
- Hackers
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

Javert: 4
MrSquicky: 3
SC Carver: 1.5 (because no one knows that movie)
Leonid: 1

good Showing so far, in a sec I may post hints at the rest

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Bah I can't believe I missed the entire round!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

There's still time! still 5 points up for grabs if you can get the bonus also... =p
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

19) Once Upon a Time in Mexico

That has been nagging at me for three hours now!

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

Architraz Warden: 4

Hints on the remainder:
8) Teen flick from the mid 90s
18) A movie KoM would prolly get a kick out of
Bonus) A pretty obscure kid-ish movie that has some notable names (now) including Uma Thurman

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

*blink*
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

hmm?
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

More hints:

8) Also contains the line: "What's with Today today?" (from the same actor who utters the first quote)

18) it's a recent teen movie (within the last few years) with a former child star playing a pretty big role.

Bonus) other notable cast members include Eric Idol and Robin Williams

happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
8) Empire Records
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Bonus: The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
18) Saved!
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn it, I'd be winning if I wasn't eight hours late...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

Architraz Warden: 4
Luet13: 2
Happymann: 1
Princess Leah: 1

Final score

Apparently Javert and Architraz need to duke it out for first though... let me know if you want me to come up with some sort of tie-breaker =p

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

I don't have a list ready, and would have an interesting time keeping it updated... but if Javert isn't chomping at the bit to post a list, we'll tie-breaker it.
Javert
Member # 3076

I can write a list up, but not until this weekend. If Architraz wants it, it's all his (hers?). Let me know!
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

His, in the past I was known as Feyd Baron.

Sure, I'll take a stab at it...

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Standard Rules I suppose. No internet, other people are okay, three per hour, and the bouns is worth two. Hints tomorrow around noon if needed.

1) “No, I think it's repellent in every way. In fact, I think most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.” - So I Married an Axe Murderer - Jehovoid

2) “Last I heard you were gonna have a talk with some fellas. Next thing I hear one of them's dead.” - Last Man Standing - Nighthawk

3) “I think all those stories about you being dead are true. You're just too thick-headed to admit it.” - Payback - seekingprometheus

4) “If you live another day I will be very impressed.” - Enemy of the State - Lyrhawn

5) “Deserve’s got nothing to do with it.” - Unforgiven - seekingprometheus

6) “We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly.” - Aliens - Morbo

7) “One may stare into the light, until one becomes the light. I've done it many times.” - Kingdom of Heaven - seekingprometheus

8) “Couple hours ago I was potential dirt to you.” - Waterworld - seekingprometheus

9) “Like I always say - put a fox in the henhouse and you'll have chicken for dinner every time.” - The Quick and the Dead - Jehovoid

10) “No, no, no, stupid, you've got it much too high. It's down here where the shoulder meets the neck.” - Spaceballs - MrSquicky

11) “At the end of the day, we're likely to be punished for our kindnesses.” - Ronin - Nighthawk

12) "I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals." - Butch Casidy and the Sundance Kid - MrSquicky

13) “In my humble opinion, in the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.” - Crimson Tide - Lyrhawn

14) “Those things are always waiting for something to die so they can eat it. What a weird job.” - A Simple Plan - Dr. Strangelove

15) “Ah, how shall I do it? Oh, I know. I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives, I'll smash it with a hammer!” The Emperor's New Groove - Jehovoid

16) “You can't beat me on the grade. You can't beat me on the grade!” - Duel - Nighthawk

17) “We have only one thing to give up. Our dominion. We don't own the world. We're not kings yet. Not gods. Can we give that up? Too precious, all that control? Too tempting, being a god?” - Instinct - cmc

18) “My name is a killing word.” - Dune - Goody Scrivener

19) “Now that we know who you are, I know who I am. I'm not a mistake.” - Unbreakable - SenojRetep

20) “Definitely not Swedish.” - Star Trek: First Contact - SenojRetep

Bonus) “Bick, you shoulda shot that fella a long time ago. Now he's too rich to kill.” - Giant - Nighthawk x2

[ October 29, 2006, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: Architraz Warden ]

jehovoid
Member # 2014

1) So I Married An Axe Murderer

15) The Emperor's New Groove

jehovoid
Member # 2014

5) Color of Money
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Affirmative to 1 and 15, negative to 5.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Yeah, Newman says, "Yes, you did," in Color of Money. Still rings a bell though. This game makes me think too hard.
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus         Edit/Delete Post 
5. Unforgiven
Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus         Edit/Delete Post 
8. Waterworld
Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

4. Resident Evil?
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

I meant the second one--I haven't seen the first one. Sorry.
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

5 and 8 yes, 4 no. And still no on the second one.
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.