FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ask the next person anything :) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Ask the next person anything :)
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd make myself gain weight. I'm 5'10 and I weigh between 129-130 lbs.

If you could switch lives with any living person, who would it be?

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly wouldn't want to switch lives with anyone. I'm comfortable with my own set of problems and would hate to try to tackle someone elses!

What was the longest period of time you went without sleeping?

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
About 30 hours. I'm a wimp.

What's the farthest you've ever run?

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coatesie
Member # 9202

- posted      Profile for Coatesie   Email Coatesie         Edit/Delete Post 
Two and a half miles. I'm also a wimp, but if a sadistic gym coach tells you to do something even though it's 100 degrees out, you do it.

What's the best SF short story not by Card you've read?

Posts: 10 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably Bicentennial Man, by Asimov.

Can I really ask anything?

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.

What do you like best about your life?

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Coatesie: In recent memory, 'Only an Echo' by my buddy Michael C. Reed (appearing in the next issue of Apex).

Jux: Sure.

What illegal drugs have you taken? Or what legal drugs have you taken in an illicit way? Be honest.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
woops - cross-post.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Val: My friends
TL: None!

What happened to Hatrack last night??

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know.

Were you happy that Taylor won??

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Who is Taylor? (Both an answer and a question)
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
Taylor is the winner of American Idol.

Do you thing American Idol has ran its course and is now over rated?

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I think American Idol needs to die.

Who's your favorite Star Wars character?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

yes. They need new judges.

What is your favorite song?

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
ph: R2-D2

Johnson: Numb

Color or B&W photos?

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

color.

Do you crack your knuckles?

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to. Now I'm getting arthritis in my left index finger.

Would you rather be happy and die young (like before 30) or slightly depressed and live forever?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Both are depressing. But happy and young for me.

What's the toughest, baddest, thing you've ever done?

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
Gone drinking in the Projects.

What languages do you speak?

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
English. And I'm currently learning German in school.

Do you align your fingers to the spots that they are supposed to be in when you type?

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. I even feel for the little bumps on the J and F.

Are you hungry?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.

Would you prefer to feel burning, unrequited love, or never feel love at all?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

You ask hard questions. Burning, unrequited love for me. At least you'll have a chance to find someone you love and loves you back later on, as opposed to never feel loved ever.

What's worse: to convict an innocent person or let a guilty person go free?

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Thanks for answering, Gaal. I thought I'd killed the thread =)
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
convicting an innocent person is slightly worse.

Assuming no theological consequences, would you become a vampire if you could?

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Sucking blood? No way.

Why do you believe or not believe in God?

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't, because it lacks scientific evidnece, and there is no scientific 'proof', to me.

Will you buy Spore?

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/595/595975p1.html

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course not.

Do you ever worry that you have an offensive odor that is undetectable by you?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

That is one of my paranoias, yes.

If you could have a life that was at least twice as happy (whatever that means) as the one you have now, but would require starting over in a new town with your memory erased and no contact with anyone you'd ever known before, would you do it?

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Answer to TS: No. If it's undetectable to me I don't have to worry about it.

Answer to TP: Nope.

If you were sentenced to prison, what one thing would you want to have smuggled in for you, assuming no chance of detection?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

A Portable Hole

Assuming you couldn't have both, would you rather have a Happy Life or a Meaningful Life (Why, yes, I'm happiness obsessed.)

sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband and kids (probably not what you had in mind for smuggling into prison but there it is)

Pix are you using the questions from the Question book?

Have you ever eaten a Bocca burger? If so, did you like it?

Edit: Delayed answer...Pix you beat me...I would say that if I had a meaningful life, it would be happy as well.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never tried the Boca Burger. They do not have kosher certification.

If you had no clean underwear, would you go without underwear, would you wear dirty underwear, or would you come up with another solution? And if you had another solution, what is it?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

sweetbaboo: No, most of these are questions I've pondered for characters. (whether or not they impact the story. Mearly a matter of character development. Who they are in my head.)

And probably should have given exmaples about a meaningful life that isn't happy. Galileo springs to mind. Scientific discovery that changes the world but hey, house arrest for the rest of your life.

VanGogh lauded artist now that he's dead. But when he was alive he had to cut off his ear to get attention. He was not a happy camper.

Pix

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Tante: Boca Burgers are teh nastage.

I would wear the previous days underwear unless by soiled you mean something worse.

Would you kill an innocent person to save the lives of everyone you love?

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
depends on situation.

What's the question that you would least like to answer?

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

What's the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me.

What's the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you? [Big Grin]

sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Veerrry clever Gaal. Not the most embarassing but it's up there, I forget something about my husband's birthdate every year (for example, when we went to get our wedding license I was off by one day).

Pix: I didn't mean to offend you. Some of your questions are similar to ones found in The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock. I go through questions with my kids whenever we're in the car for an extended length of time. http://tinyurl.com/j3htz
Also sorry that I missed the "couldn't have both" part of your question since I was flustered from not posting soon enough. Interesting discussions could come from your question though as I have a different POV but your points are well taken.

If you were on Fear Factor, what would be the thing they tried to make you eat but you just couldn't do it?

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

anything wiggling.

Will you see X-men this weekend?

Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Anything that you aren't supposed to eat. Especially bugs, I guess.

EDIT for Johnsonweed: Yes! I'll be seeing it tomorrow shortly after school with some friends.

If you didn't have air conditioning or heating, (but could put on or shed all the layers of clothes that you'd like), would you rather...

Live somewhere extremely hot? Or live somewhere extremely cold?

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Cold. You can only shed so many clothes, but you can always add more.

Do you like cream cheese key lime pie?

<eats his pie>

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes! In fact I'm going to put that on my list of things to do this week.

So you prefer an urban or rural setting in which to live and specifically why?

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in urban, but secretly yearn to be rural. Or at least the rural-urban fringe. *grin* I want space to grow vegetables, and I have vague fantasies of being self-sufficient.

Do you think you're a good person?

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

"Veerrry clever Gaal."

Was that sarcastic?
-------
I think I generally do more good than bad to other people, but I have my days.

What is your greatest achievement ever?

katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
Learning that I have a knack for caring for the elderly... and using it.

What is the first major news event that you actually remember seeing? Example: the first major event that I remember was the Challenger explosion when I was about 4.

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Reagan assassination attempt I think.

What do you want to be when you grow up? (or what do you want to be doing in 10/20 years)

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
Famous novelist.

When's the last time you did something you don't want to admit here?

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
Never, since I don't come here all that often. I hear all the latest news through Justapose and Erosomniac.

What's your favorite flavor of Jelly Belly jellybeans?

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlelf
Member # 6145

- posted      Profile for littlelf   Email littlelf         Edit/Delete Post 
Buttered popcorn!

How many hours of sleep did you get last night?

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

Eight. Woo hoo!

Gaal: nope not sarcastic. I thought it was a funny turn around. I must not be expressing myself very clearly tonight. Sorry.

What book are you reading?

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.