FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ask the next person anything :) (Page 15)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Ask the next person anything :)
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment pizza, but on a day to day basis, the fact that the sun is in the sky, the world is for the most part a decsent place to be and I am alive.

What have you done today?

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
I cleaned my bedroom, vacuumed the house, folded the laundry, ran the dishwasher and unloaded and reloaded it, watched my younger sister for several hours, ordered her bookshelf (by size, largest to smallest), made her lunch, made me lunch, ate my lunch, ate three shish kebabs and a double helping of Watergate salad and one helping of potato salad for dinner, found one of my books in with my younger sister's, attempted to pick out various Simon and Garfunkel songs on the guitar, wanted to take a nap, and messed around on the computer.

What question do you wish someone on this thread asked you, and what would you answer if they did?

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
This is too easy [Big Grin] :
Question: "What question do you wish someone on this thread asked you, and what would you answer if they did?"
Answer: "What question do you wish someone on this thread asked you, and what would you answer if they did?"

What's your favorite paradox?

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
The ultimate truth is that the ultimate truth does not exist.

What's your least favorite paradox?

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

veridical paradox

D you know what a veridical paradox is?

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

Yes, because I looked up paradoxes on Wikipedia in order to try to answer Eduardo's question, but I gave up finding my least favorite. I hate them all! All of them! Stupid cats in boxes and people travelling back in time to either kill their grandfather or impregnate their grandmother (sounds Oedipean, doesn't it?) and evil mathematical things like finite-volumed solids with infinite surface area (or is it the other way around?) and...evil. Just evil. Especially veridical ones.

Do you know of any good free software that blocks cookies from all websites except ones on an "Allow" list? McAfee hasn't worked right since the last major update, and technical support doesn't have a clue, and they're not going to call me back.

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I know Firefox can do that all by itself, and IE might have similar capabilities (I just don't know). Uncheck "Allow Sites to Set Cookies", then click Exceptions and set the sites you want to allow.

What's Godot up to?

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

Making people wait for him, maybe?

Why is your screenname what it is?

cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
If I told you, I'd have to kill you... and I like you! (plus, it's a pretty easy guess)

What's your favorite star?

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Wars.

Coke with ice or not?

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

The only caffinated beverage I drink is Dr. Pepper, thank you very much, and of course no ice. It just dilutes it, and fills up space that could better be taken up with soda.

What d'you think?

B34N
Member # 9597

I think ice is good except when they fill the ice all the way to the top so all you get are three sips out of the drink before it's all gone.

Excuse me, can you tell where my stapler is?

cmc
Member # 9549

If you're looking for the red one, I can't tell you.

What's your favorite album to listen to full to the end?

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

I'll tell you if you give me my stapler back.

Do you have my stapler?

cmc
Member # 9549

I am not currently holding your stapler.

What's your favorite album to listen to full to the end?

B34N
Member # 9597

Pink Floyds: The Wall - Rock Opera's - What a great Idea.

Do you know who has my stapler?

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
It is on the ever-changing pile of things that are lost.

Do you know where said pile is located?

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

On the planet where all the lost pens go when they retire. I knew someone who wrote a book about it once, but they all said he was insane when he said he used to live there and worked as a chauffeur for a family of nice green retractables. There is still the matters of large amounts of money being secretly transferred to his bank account, and Zaphod Beeblebrox's thriving ballpoint pen company.

Why?

suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
Because it's a veridical paradox.

What was the last "lost but eventually found" thing of yours?

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a toughy. Probably the CD player I was looking for (and found) a couple weeks ago.

Do you play Munchkin?

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
no

Do you bathe or shower everyday?

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Shower.

Why are you so interested in my hygiene?

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Because something smells.

Who is it?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

Me.

What question would you least want to be asked in this thread?

johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
The one you just asked.

Does your nose run and your feet smell?

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

My feet have no nose and my nose hath no feet.

Is there such a thing as the real world?

Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
The voices in my head say yes, but they also say that I don't want to be there.

What is your favorite soda?

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

Cream.

If you had to pick one flavor that everything you ate for a whole year would taste like, what flavor would you pick?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

Orange Sherbert (sp?)

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Beef, because I'm tired of everything tasting like chicken. [Smile]

Which chair is your favorite and why?

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeesh: Fast enough to injure itself on my window, unfortunatly.

Stm: This one, cause it's how I get to Hatrack.

What are the odds that two people will reply at exactly the same time?

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

Jeesh: African or European?

Stan the man: First chair in the flute section.

What floats like wood, besides a duck? (I'm trying to come up with a good legal defense for a witchcraft accusation.)

Jeesh
Member # 9163

JTK: Not very likely, but Hatrackers defy the odds.

Gwen: Candles.

Are you a witch?

Gwen
Member # 9551

I'm not a witch! I'm not a witch! They dressed me up like this. And this isn't my real nose, it's a false one.

Who are you, who are so knowledgeable in the sciences?

James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
A guy from the 24th century, I'm told. We download stuff straight into the gray matter.

If Aircraft A leaves Los Angeles moving eastward 510 miles per hour, and Aircraft B leaves Milwaulkee, heading west, moving 430 miles per hour, what color pants are the pilots wearing?

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Black with gold trim.

Do you believe in destiny, or do we all wing it?

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

a little bit of both.

Are you so anxious to give up your free will?

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Free will, assuming it exists, is no baton to be passed on, like an exhausted runner does in a relay race. And if it doesn't exist, there's nothing to give up.

Who's your favorite philosopher and why?

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

I'd have to go with myself. (forgive me my arrogance, but I like to think of myself as a freelance philosopher) Because I'm the only philosopher that I totally agree with.
If you won't accept that answer; I'm going to go with Socrates. Although I'd be hard put to explain why.

What's your favourite musical genre?

Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Hard rock that incorporates an orchestra and/or choir.

what's the best dream you've had in the past year?

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have good dreams they are usually boring.

Have you ever been to Monticello?

Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avery Good Schreibner
Member # 8772

- posted      Profile for Avery Good Schreibner           Edit/Delete Post 
No.

Accepting that sin exists and that sin is a bad thing and that theft or the taking of someone else's something is sin, why or why not would it be a sin to take an item you found (you may insert the word 'crime' for the word 'sin' if you find the word 'sin' especially hard to deal with)?

Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

I don't consider theft to be just the taking of someone else's something; I'd define it to include things like the intent of the taker and the claim the someone else has on the something. For instance, someone picking up something that had clearly been abandoned would not be theft any more than taking in an abandoned child would be kidnapping; someone picking up something to take it to the Lost and Found wouldn't count either. Someone picking up something and making an honest effort to return it, then keeping it I wouldn't consider to be theft because the person who lost it was already deprived of their property--as would not be the case if someone left a purse on a seat to go to the restroom, for instance. And the original owner would have to have a legitimate claim on the item in question.

But with the full set of accepted items in your question (or just that the taking of someone else's something is a sin), it would have to be a sin to take an item you found if it were in fact "someone else's something."

If cats had the inclination, could they blatantly rule the world?

Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
If cats had the inclination, they would rule. No questions asked.

Any questions?

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

Only 7 questions. I'll ask later.

What's the greatest real-life story you've ever heard?

B34N
Member # 9597

Star Wars, shut up, I don't care what you say it's real, we just don't know about it because it happened in a Galaxy Far, Far, Away and Jane had to take Lucas there!

What do you think about that?

Gwen
Member # 9551

I think that http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/feature/1999/06/15/brin_main/index.html pretty much sums up why it isn't so great after all.

Why should you care what I think?

cmc
Member # 9549

I don't. It was a rhetorical question designed to make you THINK I did.

What's your favorite metal?

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Silver, because with it I can kill werewolves.

What would you do if you were on a plane and there actually were snakes on it with you?

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Lock myself in the bathroom and flush myself down the toilet.

Whats the coolest place you've ever been to?

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.