FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Hatrack Gift arrived! Please email if you have not gotten a gift. (Page 0)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: My Hatrack Gift arrived! Please email if you have not gotten a gift.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so much cuter than that [Wink]
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
ladyday -- glad you got the gift! (And thank you postal service for getting the gift there in time in spite of my lateness...)

quote:
Originally posted by ladyday:
I've not come up with a plan yet for the cotton fluff - I will have to consult my sister in law, the knitter - but it certainly is lovely to look at.

It is, isn't it? I didn't send you enough to really do anything with, but if you're interested, I could send you enough of the brown fluff to actually do something with.

And: I got my gift today! Except I don't know who it's from, since I haven't opened it yet (waiting until the 25th) and their posting name isn't on the front of the package... but thank you! (With more proper appreciation to come later! [Smile] )

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Belated "you're welcome" to Astaril! [Smile]

[ December 27, 2007, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I want some cotton fluff /fiber geek.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I have just received postal tracking intelligence that my package has arrived at its destination. One day too late for the person to get it at that address.

D'oh!

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad you liked the stuff, Tom. [Smile] I had a lot of fun wrapping them, and when I saw the umbrella I couldn't resist.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
KetchupQueen & KetchupPrincess-

I'm so glad the books arrived before Christmas! I wasn't expecting that they would, so yay for good delivery men. I'm glad KetchupPrincess enjoys the books [Smile]

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
I'm so much cuter than that [Wink]

As I have not even the slightest clue what you look like, I'm going to go ahead and assume that yes, yes you are.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift! Not today--I got it several days ago, but I waited until today to open it, since it's a Christmas gift (!) and so I wasn't sure who sent it to me until I opened it. It was from kmbboots! (Right? That's how I'm parsing the name . . .) Anyway, I'm glad I opened it tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow. It was kitchen stuff! Disney kitchen stuff! She sent me a tri-circle cutting board and a pair of Mickey cheese spreaders. Amazingly, all are dishwasher safe (it would never have occurred to me that that wooden board would be). I'll be getting use out of all of them tonight!

Thank you, Kate!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dead Horse: I'm so glad you liked the book and that you did not already have it. It was the first thing I thought of when I read that you like historical costuming, having almost "lost" it from the library several times myself before finally buying a copy. I gave it to my mother a few years back and it was the best present I have ever given.

You should be getting a letter explaining all about it very soon.

(And I appologize for being off line for so long. Thank you breyerchic for introducing me.)

Also . . .

Thank you larisse!!!

The rings fit me perfectly (how did you do that?) and match a large portion of my wardrobe. I've worn them almost every day since they arrived. They are beautiful, you are very talented.

The crosstitch kit is wonderful. I haven't had very much spare time lately, and it is just the right size and complexity that I will actually be able to do it and complete it in a reasonable amount of time. And it comes with a frame! Finishing is always the hardest part for me. I have several projects that are completely finished crosstitch wise, but have not made it to the walls as I didn't bother finding a frame to finish it off. So I am quite pleased to not have to worry about that with this project.

The recipes look delicious. I can't wait to try them out. I love trying out recipes from different countries. I've never tried Spanish food before; I'm looking forward to it.

And the oven mitt is just perfect. My favorite color, and the secure grip . . . well it will be used. Thank you so much.

Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Yeah it was kmboots. Who still may not have opened my gift.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Damn, no present yet. =/
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

My recipient should have received a present by now. I did wait until the last possible minute to send, but I'll still be disappointed in the USPS if it didn't get there in time.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! Breyerchic, the bag is beautiful! And so soft and such a perfect colour! I am so impressed with your work. Lovely. And I love the swirly, intriguing design of the mysterious object d'art. I find it very fun to fondle.

Icky, I am so glad the Micky cheese tray arrived! And that you can use it. Yay! Merry Christmas!

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

It's soap! It's wool covered almond soap, you don't need to use a washcloth. It might not suds well for a few washes but then it will be amazing.

Glad you like both pieces.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's wool covered almond soap, you don't need to use a washcloth.

How clever!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

They're really nice for packing to go camping, not that most of my friends who camp bathe.
plaid
Member # 2393

Ah! My gifter turned out to be kwsni -- the name on the package looked kinda familiar, and it's because I gave her stuff in the gift exchange, letsee, 3 or 4 years ago?

Anyway, she gave me CDs from a couple local Virginia bands [Cool] -- Sparky's Flaw and Sons of Bob -- and since they're local I can catch them in Richmond or Charlottesville sometime, neat!

(Haven't actually listened to them yet, since we've got Xmas carols playing on the house stereo, so musical report later!)

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

quote:
I want some cotton fluff /fiber geek.

Email me and I'll send you some -- do you want some for looking at, or enough for doing something with?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

If you have not recieved your package yet, please email hatrackfestivus@gmail.com
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
That is the coolest idea! Soap! The only problem is that it is too pretty to use up. I have grown rather attached to it.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Soap is good for dealing with excessive stuck-ness.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Yay! The accent yarn for the purse was spun by BannaOJ.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Mine (that I sent) was supposed to be guaranteed by a certain date. I wonder what it means, practically, if it was not delivered in time. Can I get a refund on the postage?
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
Mine (that I sent) was supposed to be guaranteed by a certain date. I wonder what it means, practically, if it was not delivered in time. Can I get a refund on the postage?

Possibly.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Blackblade and Mrs. BB hand delivered a knitted beanie and scarf for Squish and myself. We also had a very nice lunch! Thanks guys, and next time forget family and come over across the bridge!
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Sarah, is the person I mailed to out of town? I mailed the day after the due date but it shouldn't have taken this long. I have faith in the postal system. She also hasn't posted here or on Sake for quite a while.

[ December 26, 2007, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
Blackblade and Mrs. BB hand delivered a knitted beanie and scarf for Squish and myself. We also had a very nice lunch! Thanks guys, and next time forget family and come over across the bridge!

I honestly would not mind living in or near Seattle, I like the state of Washington alot. Next time we visit we will definately go to Seattle proper.

Next time you feel the crazy need to go to Las Vegas for a concert, drive through Utah and spend the night at our place so it's not such a marathon!

Glad you liked the stuff, be forwarned about the JEW album that it takes a few listens before it grows on you. When I make my first few million I'll send you a monetary contribution so your businesses get off the ground. [Wink]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Niki, I'm checking.
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
Eros already posted some of the things Blackblade and Mrs. BB gave us but he forgot to mention a cd for eros and a little figurine for the both of us. Thanks so much! ^_^
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for posting late! My brother's birthday is today, so it's been basically three days of family dinners and cookies and busy time.

I got on Christmas Eve (waiting for me at home at 11:50 p.m.) a package from Kasie (I don't now her alias...).

It was the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Game, with a note explaining how she had originally planned to send a bottle of St. John's College Tawney Port but USPS wouldn't send it...so instead she sent her favorite drinking game! Thanks! It's awesome. I can't wait to play it.

I love it, and hope you enjoy the port which you couldn't send. It's like I forced you to buy alcohol for yourself! I'm so tricksy...

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Her alias is Kasie H.
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh...that's what she signed it as! I'm an idiot.

Thanks Kasie H!!!

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The White Whale:
she had originally planned to send a bottle of St. John's College Tawney Port but USPS wouldn't send it

She can save it for a rainy day. Any port in a storm!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I got another gift from Amilia! It's an audio book of Maggie Rose: Her Birthday Christmas by Ruth Sawyer read by Conway and Amilia! A family tradition. [Smile]

Thank you, Amilia.

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Amilia,

Sorry that I've been offline for a bit. I am so glad you liked your gifts. The rings are a variation on a twisted wire-wrap ring technique. They are fun and cute and not as hard as you might think to make. Most of the time I make them with swirls, but the beads add a nice touch of color.

I agree with the recipes. (Use the oven mitt in good health.)

Oh, and I am so glad you liked the needlework kit. I got that from my local craft shop where I buy my beads for my jewelry. When I saw it, I was so excited that it included a frame. I agree that the hardest thing about any project is figuring out how to finish it.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Though I've stayed pretty local for Christmas, I finally went by my apartment yesterday to find Jaiden's gift to me -- a lovely purple knit scarf and lavender lotion. Thank you so much, Jaiden! My fiancee says the scarf looks really good with my winter coat.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Breyerchic told me of a mixup. It seems no one sent me one. [Cry]
And I think I spotted it in this page. For the sake of secret Santa though, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've never seen a fairy that wears my bra size. When you do, please let me know.

I've seen fairies that wear mine, [Cry]
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
!!!! Asta!! I LOVE my present!!

Asta gave me, first, a book about the classics to read for fun (yay!); secondly, a original (!) epic poem (!!) where Katie from Virginia is the new companion for the Doctor (!!!) and we save Christmas! And there's a scarf! And the last present was the (knitted by Asta) scarf!!

*bouncebounce* I LOVE it. Thank you very, very much. This is so intensely cool, I can't even say. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] !!! *bouncebouncebounce* [Smile] Thank you.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The White Whale:
Oh...that's what she signed it as! I'm an idiot.

Thanks Kasie H!!!

If Kasie is watching, and notices your thanks, perhaps she could let me know if I need to get on the USPS about her gift. I thought I started in time for it to be there by now.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome! I'm so glad you got it and like it. Sorry it was late! I was so disappointed when I found out it got there a day after you left. But it took a long time to write, and also I found myself unable to stop watching the show to write the poem for a lot of that week. (I was just going to watch two episodes to get a feel for it, honestly, I really was. I have now watched Seasons 1 *and* 2, *and* part of 3. And got two other people hooked on it. And have been told repeatedly by roommates and friends to stop mentioning how everything that happens "is just like in Doctor Who when...")

And sorry the poem is so long! I had planned on a sensible 2 or 3 pages, but I had hardly got into it by then, and things just kept happening I hadn't planned, like Hermione and everyone showing up, and then it just sort of wrote itself and demanded to be that long.

Aaaaaaaanyway, Happy Christmas, Katie!

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Could everyone who has not recieved their gift please email hatrackfestivus@gmail.com even if they already have. I need to see what can be done.
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, talk about coincidence, I send (and hope she recieved) Kassi H a couple of books by Robert Laxalt hoping to give her a feel for my home in Nevada. Both books have to do with the Basque experience here. Today, I recieved my gift from anti-maven. (after an involved reminder of why I always use the brown trucks when I need more service than the USPS can provide.) It is a great book, Ezagutu Euskal Herria (discover the Basque homeland) Now I have the starting point for that large group that finished here in Northern Nevada. Fortunatly it has translations in both Spanish and English. As many of you know, Euskadi is so dificult that it is the only language the Devil never learned to speak. This accounts for the temperment of "Los Vascos." Thanks Richard! This is new territory and I will enjoy the visit.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Yay, I'm so glad it arrived.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Huh. I didn't realize there was another person with Basque heritage on this board!
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Artemesia, you are most welcome, and I'm sorry for the grief with Fedex. I hope you enjoy the photos and are tempted to visit in real life - I'd be happy to take you out for a pintxo or three!

I myself don't have Basque heritage, but I do live in the Basque country, and I can fully understand why the devil never learned the language! However, it's great fun learning, and always nice to surprise the locals with a phrase or two as an Euskaldun berri-berria (a very novice Basque speaker [Wink] )

Gero arte!

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

Icarus, Sorry, I'm not Vasco, just Western. I'm a part of that group that considers the East Coast to start at the Cheyenne, Denver, Albuquerque axis. My personal heritage is Danish (and Mexican). But I have a great intrest in, and affinity for, all of the groups of the Great Basin.
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Canadian Post is apparently stupid. On the plus side the mailman appologized for their stupidity [Wink]

I got an awesome gift from Valentine014! I got a Red-Necked Wallaby! I'm the adopted parent and it's at the Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo. Apparently it likes to hop and it eats wild grasses,, leaves and brush. I'll have to link a picture when I get my scanner up and running.

Thank you very much Valentine014! I hope you had a great holiday.

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
My giftee's present was returned to me on Saturday and I have resent it. Sorry about that...
Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.