FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Hatrack Gift arrived! Please email if you have not gotten a gift. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: My Hatrack Gift arrived! Please email if you have not gotten a gift.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Thank you Erosomniac! Your gift arrived today, and it was just what I was hoping to get. I got not one, but two incredibly soft warm scarves. They are perfect for keeping me warm (I'm wearing one right now, because even inside the house, I'm chilly. And besides, a cold caught me, which is making me feel chillier still). Besides warm and soft, they are very pretty, too. They are both striped my favorite way -- longitudinally, rather than horizontally. One is the colors of cream, cocoa, coffee and caramel, and the other is the colors of cream, saffron, persimmon, and dark chocolate. My son said that one is beige and one is orange, but he has no élan, you know?

The gift is well appreciated and will get tons of use both inside the house and outside as well. And they are pretty enough that I can carry off making them a part of my outfit at work, which is very nice, since I'm always too cold at work, too. I don't have any warm scarves that I can do that with (until today, that is). You have lovely taste in scarves.

Thank you. [Kiss]

Yay! I'm glad you liked them! I wasn't sure which would better match your desire for earth tones. Either way, your color descriptors are awesome. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
ketchupqueen: I'm glad you liked that tree. It really was a bit of a sacrifice for me because it was the prettiest one there and I wanted it for myself. (I'll have to go back and see if she's got any new ones.)

I can't take credit for the bell and candy cane, though. The shop owner wrapped the box - she does that extra touch, which is part of the reason I like to go there. The shop is called Mrs. Tildo's Attic.

Anyway, I'm glad the little tree has found a good home. For some reason, I keep picturing it in a kitchen window. I also had a feeling about who my gifter and giftee would be before I found out. [Dont Know]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally thought of putting it in the kitchen window!

Alas, the kitchen window is low, the kids play with the blinds, and the cats like to sit on it. And in the winter the blinds are shut all the time anyway so we don't lose as much heat.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
The eagle has landed... I repeat - the eagle has landed.

SCORE!!!

I got Hank's package today. I got... balloons (very fun. i'll probably be saving those for when it gets a little warmer then i'm gonna fill them with water and huck them at unsuspecting passers-by. i think that's a constructive use for them, no?) and crayons (a whole box of 24. i'm going to snack on them this afternoon while i watch football... who needs chips and dip?!) and cards (with a very cool picture on the front. the cards are the kind that i can fill with my sometimes ridiculous babbling... and since there's a quality painting on the front maybe the recipients won't mind my rambling so much.) and some tea (awesome sounding flavor. very nice because i like tea, i drink it pretty much every day and new flavors are good!) and tissue paper (white. still folded. perfect for wrapping a different gift in. pay it forward, right? ; ) ) and two composition books (awesome. and the backs aren't too rigid so i can bend them and roll them and all that stuff - kind of like when you're breaking in a new hat? yeah - that's what i do to those type books.) and a card (late, shmate. the waiting's half the fun! glad you feel better. merry christmas to you, too!).

I'm pretty happy... so thanks for the really cool stuff!!!

*runs off to sample different crayon flavors...*

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you liked them, and that the balloons are already inspiring you to mischief. Might I recommend the Scarlet crayon? I think it might go best with the flavor of the tea. ;)
Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Squish! Thank you! I love the scarves - the white one is super-soft. [Smile] I think they're also one of my favorite accessories, and I've got quite the collection now. Thank you so much!
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

My gift just arrived - two books by Amy Thomson: "The Color of Distance" and "Through Alien Eyes."

Thanks Synesthesia! [Big Grin] I haven't read anything by this author, so this is completely new to me. I'm looking forward to reading these (tomorrow, on my day off). [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, goody
There's one more book on the way. I hope you like them.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I got mine--a plush Cthulhu! Indescribable evil has never been so cuddly.

Thanks Ashley!

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, I've been meaning to tell you that I think of you every time the Verizon commercial about the girl who gets a pony comes on. This one.

"Does it... bite?" "Yeah."

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I was just laughing at that commercial today!
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I told my parents I'd rather have that pony than none at all.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
My poor giftee got is gift sent today, but it *did* go by Fedex, so it might yet arrive before christmas...

Sorry for the delay. I blame work. [Grumble]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
Squish! Thank you! I love the scarves - the white one is super-soft. [Smile] I think they're also one of my favorite accessories, and I've got quite the collection now. Thank you so much!

You're welcome! I'm really glad you like them. ^_^
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my Christmas present from the hatrack exchange from Jake (Noemon) yesterday -- it's awesome!

He sent me one of his favorite CDs (I don't have it with me and I don't remember the name of the album offhand), along with a booklet filled with police reports from his hometown (which, by the way, was cracking me up last night as I read it).

Thanks, Jake!

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, I'll check out the video when I get home (can't get to it from work).

JT, it's Mason Jennings' album Boneclouds. Let me know what you think of it when you've listened to it.

Glad you're liking the police blotter booklet. When I lived there reading that in the paper was usually one of the highpoints of my day. There's nothing like a small town newspaper with a sense of humor.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, now everyone has gotten a gift for last year. Hopefully we'll do better this year.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
How many people have left to send their gift?
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I'm checking right now. I am sorry to anyone I email asking if they've sent their gift after they've posted it somewhere on hatrack. It makes it much easier for me to check the emails.

[ December 18, 2007, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

There has been no email conformation that 18 people have sent a gift. Only one has specifically told me they have not.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

ketchupqueen: I asked the shop owner today about the tree - yes, it's made by a local artist. And there's just one left in the shop - they all went fast. [Wink]

Synesthesia: I'm just starting Chapter 9 in "The Color of Distance" and it's fascinating.

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, good. I'm glad you are liking it so far.

I have to get another copy because I gave one to the woman in the Laundry room (loaned) and she got fired and still has it probably.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent my gift. I hope it arrives intact....
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
The place I ordered from said that it was delivered...I hope they sent it to the right place. Otherwise I will have to holler at them.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Luet!

I cannot begin to tell you how much I *love* my gift! Yummy chocolates (oh my goodness, they're good!), hot chocolate mix, a fabulous ear warmer (which is just the right size!), and homemade snowflakes for my Christmas tree!! I love it! They look perfect on my tree!

Many many thanks for a wonderful gift [Smile]

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
*looks into empty mailbox sadly*

*slowly shuffles away*

[Wink] *grin* I'm kidding. However, I leave tomorrow and am not back until January, so if my giver doesn't hear from me, that's why. [Smile]

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

There are now 11 people I have not heard from via email. If you posted here, I haven't counted it, and it's much easier to check gmail. I will count this thread when we get closer to the end of December and I'm hearing gifts still haven't arrived.
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
My gift arrived this afternoon! Leonide gave me the coolest hand-painted wooden box with a sun and moon and stars painted on it, along with a very pretty wooden tulip. Excellent choices, as I love spring flowers, and celestial-type decorations! My bedroom all through high school was painted like a big mural of the sky.

Also, the box will be a wonderfully upgraded home for all my trinkets/hair elastics/jewellery/little stuff, which currently resides in an empty margarine container.

Thanks, Kira!!!

Edit: I just realised I forgot to say that I also really love the card. That's one of my favourite artists.

[ December 19, 2007, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Astaril ]

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miamiandy
Member # 8906

- posted      Profile for miamiandy   Email miamiandy         Edit/Delete Post 
The gift I send hasn't seem to arrived yet, I sent it just under two weeks ago. I hope it gets there soon.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Miami Andy, I don't think the person you sent to is in the location you sent to yet. Will be soon.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't received mine yet. Like Katie, I'll be leaving soon for a week's vacation; if it arrives after Friday, I won't be back to pick it up until the 2nd of January.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Coccinelle, I'm so glad you liked everything! And I'm glad that the earwarmer fits. I had so much fun cutting out the snowflakes. It made me feel like a kid again. I don't know if you noticed, but one of the snowflakes ended up looking kind of like reindeer faces. Unintentional, but cool nonetheless.

It was hard not to snag one of those chocolates, you know, just to make sure they were good. [Wink] Glad you're enjoying them.

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I have received the most wonderful book "History of Costume" by Blanche Payne. It's packed full of artwork, drawings, photographs, and patterns documenting all aspects of fashion through the 19th century. I once considered "losing" the library's copy, and now I won't be tempted any longer. Thank you, A.S.
Merry Christmas to all,
Rain
P.S. What is your Hatrack name?

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Dead Horse, you recieved from Amilia, a lurker from Utah.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oooh, Dead_Horse, my almost-step-mother has that book and I adore it!
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Kq, I'm glad you like it, too. Thank you, Amilia, lurker from Utah!
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Got it, miamiandy, thanks!
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, whatja get? Huh?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

It's an 80's hits compendium, so I'll never have to listen to the radio again! [Big Grin] Though I thought about waiting until Christmas to open it. I'm bad.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Yay! I got my present from Carrie!
Tea, POCKY! These neat round chocolate things and a beautiful candle and a really nice paper snowflake I will hang up on the wall.
Thanks!

Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
Did my giftee get their gift yet?
Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Thanks Pooka for my picture frame mouse mat, with the view of Baltimore. I was once in Baltimore for a morning, but it didn't look like that!

The Bromo Seltzer tower is cool indeed, and thanks for sharing a favourite place of yours.

Right about now I need a bit of inspiration, so a foriegn skyline, full of promise is just what I needed - Thanks again [Big Grin]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I finally got mine! (I was out of town).

Dragon sent me a card with pictures of Minnesotan Moose and a book about a woman dealing with a potential natural disaster in the Great Salt Lake.

I'm really excited to have something good to read over break. Thanks so much!

Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I love Baltimore. Everyone seems to think it's the Detroit of the East Coast (No offense, Detroit) but I really do find it charming.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Synesthesia:

The last book arrived yesterday - "In the Dog House" by Melissa Cleary. I showed it to my mom and she's anxious to borrow it. So it's like a double gift - for me and my mom. [Wink]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Got it! [Smile] Katie sent me an absolutely lovely umbrella (which Sophie took from me almost immediately, promising to "keep this very safe for you forever, Daddy"), a truly astonishing quantity of colored tissue paper, and a number of miscellaneous items (each very neatly and individually wrapped) relevant to an enclosed empowering story. *grin* Thank you!

[ December 21, 2007, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh...I got a package (not yet opened) from the Holiday Fairy herself! I'm so excited!
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hank - I am SO glad you got it! I was quite worried.

Also, you're welcome. [Smile]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

quote:
Originally posted by CaySedai:
Synesthesia:

The last book arrived yesterday - "In the Dog House" by Melissa Cleary. I showed it to my mom and she's anxious to borrow it. So it's like a double gift - for me and my mom. [Wink]

Cool, i'm glad both of you like it.
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, I got my gift! Thank you Plaid, for the cotton fluff, the sweet potato (hee), the pumpkin butter, and the beans.

The beans are so pretty that I'm tempted to just keep them in a jar in my kitchen, but I'll probably try to grow some when we move to a place where growing beans is allowed.

For some reason, when I read your note I didn't realize that there was an actual sweet potato in the box - that was a funny surprise! We were asked to bring mashed potatoes for a Christmas feast, so that purple fellow might end up cooked and eaten before too long.

I was curious about pumpkin butter when I saw it at Trader Joe's, but I didn't want to impulse buy. Now I have some that's probably even better, so I'm glad I didn't! Thank you [Big Grin] .

I've not come up with a plan yet for the cotton fluff - I will have to consult my sister in law, the knitter - but it certainly is lovely to look at. Thanks again for the awesome gifts!

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.