FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Hatrack Gift arrived! Please email if you have not gotten a gift. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: My Hatrack Gift arrived! Please email if you have not gotten a gift.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
The official deadline to send gifts is tommorow the 10th. I won't begin emailing and freaking out that you haven't until my last final is finished on Friday. Please please try. Please email when you do send (not when you plan to send, that has been the worst thing in the past). If you don't email that you've sent, or just email that you will, you will get the nagging emails trying to make sure you have.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goram Steelfist
Member # 10129

- posted      Profile for Goram Steelfist   Email Goram Steelfist         Edit/Delete Post 
Ludosti sent me a package that arrived right at the beginning of December. I've been reading posts and decided I could not wait any longer. Ludosti did you get advice about what to get me? It is perfect. I've been looking for some new wisdom to meditate on and never dreamed to get it from Arizona. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Oh, I'm glad it arrived safely and that you can put it to good use. Keep warm this winter!

Now that I'm done crocheting your scarf, I'm back to my other crochet projects.

Well mother nature decided she didn't want me to leave the house and threw 1 ft of snow at us. I almost wish I had one of those gas chugging 4 wheel drive SUVs. Can you crochet one of those?
Not likely. How 'bout I just send you warm thoughts?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so happy you liked what I picked out for you!! I read and re-read and thought a lot about the post you made about your interests. I then did a lot of hemming and hawing over what to get. I wanted to find something that would be both fun and meaningful. I really hope they will help you! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so they have been sent, but I hope they are in good condition.

Now to send maybe one more thing. I shall have to see. I already sent 3

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally managed to grab mine from home!

The White Whale got me The Serenity comic book! It made me super excited, cause it was (so far) the only part of that saga I was missing. Thanks so much!

Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
adfectio, I'm glad you didn't already have it. That was my biggest concern.

I searched your posts for any reference so something you liked because your listed interests were about as general as possible. You said at one point that Firefly was at the top of your list, so I figured it was a good bet.

Enjoy!

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
SENT!! (and got some Yoda stamps too!)
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
They still have those?
I want some...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

I also got these really pretty northern lights ones.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
I realized about ˝ hour about dropping off my package at FedEx that I forgot to take the price stickers off. [Roll Eyes] oh well....
Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh...I don't celebrate Christmas, however, I'd love to send someone something. Let me know if you're totally friendless, and giftless and you need me to brighten your day. [Smile]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

quote:
Originally posted by Tammy:
Oh...I don't celebrate Christmas, however, I'd love to send someone something. Let me know if you're totally friendless, and giftless and you need me to brighten your day. [Smile]

I'm not giftless or friendless, but have fallen on hard times (no job, impending doom) and could use a bit of brightening [Big Grin]

Even if it is a rock. Rocks are cool when they are shiny

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy, I have an idea, could you please email hatrackfestivus@gmail.com
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Synesthesia - are you alright?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

quote:
Originally posted by Dragon:
Synesthesia - are you alright?

Not really...
But a simple decent JOB will fix this.
And not ending up in this stupid situation ever again for as long as I live.

CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I have gotten a card from my gifter: Synesthesia. It's got bunnies on it - which is kind of natural, since she has a bunny. The card says that the gift is on the way: books. Books are good. [Smile] Now I've got more anticipation growing (hears music in her head: "anticipation ... anticipation, it's making me wait ... ").

I'll get to post again when the books arrive. Thanks in advance, Syn. I've gotten something and still have something to look forward to.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

No problem. I hope they are in good condtion when they arrive. I forgot to note that they will be used. But if they are in bad condition or if you've already read them I'll send better ones.
That card had baby bunnies *hearts*

CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn:

We live in a small town of about 600 population. We see bunnies here from time to time. I see them chasing each other in the spring. I really get to see them all year round. Monday night, on the way home from work, I had to stop and let four deer cross the road, one after another. It's kind of cool to see nature around like that.

Last year in May, I took a picture of a baby bunny in my front yard. I got about four feet away and put my camera on closeup, holding my hand as close as I dared. I took a few pictures before he finally took off.

And used books are just fine. I visit the used bookstore at our public library and find some good bargains there. Don't tell me what they are yet - I've got some anticipatin' to do. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

*squee*
Baby bunnies are the cutest!

But adult bunnies like Bernie who are huge are cute too.

Tammy
Member # 4119

I like rocks. They don't even have to be shiny. I like them roughed up a little as well.

Breyer, I'm glad you have an idea, because my brain's been a little taxed lately in that department. E-mail sent.

*goes off to check her rock collection for one that she could possibly part with*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
quote:
Originally posted by Tammy:

I'm not giftless or friendless, but have fallen on hard times (no job, impending doom) and could use a bit of brightening [Big Grin]

Even if it is a rock. Rocks are cool when they are shiny

(((((((((Synesthesia)))))))
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't mailed yet, sorry guys! I haven't been able to get around to it mostly because of finals week. I don't have any time to sleep even. [Cry]

I'll mail Asap, cross my heart.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Tante, you are beyond awesome.

She sent me yarn, pez, music, and a card! With superhero stamps!

cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, Tante Svhester, you're an over-achiever! ; ) Sending to two people...
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Breyerchic, I'm glad the package arrived safely. I just about cracked up at the exasperated looks the post officer was sending my way when I told her that I wanted to mail a package with superhero stamps instead of that ugly strip that they print out. I mean, good golly! You work in a post office, for Pete's sake! Get over yourself and sell me some stamps!

I crocheted the present for Blackblade, because I figured that he wouldn't much care for a box of yarn. But for you, breyer, your knitting prowess so exceeds mine, that I figured you'd be better off crafting the yarn into something awesome yourself.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't sent mine yet. I suck, I know. I'm planning on doing that today.

In fact, right now - I've got ten minutes. *runs*

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note to whoever is mailing to me -- I'll be away from home (vacation in Florida,) from the 14th-20th. So no worries, if you don't hear about me getting it, i'm just not home! [Smile]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I did mail mine, got it in on yesterday's business, and the post office was surprisingly painless.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Ha, i came home today from classes and my present was on the porch! Thanks to my sender! (who i assume was ladyday because of the name on the package, but there wasn't a note so i could be wrong!)

I got a really fancy little spa kit from the Body Shop (i'm going to use the bath stuff today!) And two gorgeous little fairy pictures, one of the sun and one of the moon! Perfect! Thank you, those are going right on my wall! [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Yeah it was from Ladyday.
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a wonderful box from Dark as Night today!! She found me some really cute musical frogs and delicious chocolate. She also included Christmas mix CDs of her favorite music (I really like Celtic music and several of them are Celtic tunes) and crocheted a cap for our little girl (who should be arriving any day now - it'll be great for going outside in the winter time). [Big Grin] Such lovely, thoughtful gifts! I love them!! Thanks so much!!!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, you got it already! Sorry about the lack of card - I had one and forgot to put it in I think. God only knows where it is now *laughs*

I had seriously considered making you some Draco fan art because I remembered you liking the Draco Trilogy fic, but then I saw on your list that you liked suns and moons and fairies so I went that route instead. Glad you like them and should you ever need another print or want the digital files for something or other, just give a holler.

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
The place where I ordered confirms that the package is sent.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

I got my package yesterday!

Tom Davidson sent me a very interesting mixture of gifts!

-a tub of Moon Sand (which Phil promptly stole from me and started to play with)
-a box of mint tea
-a silicone baking mat (I've never tried one of these before)
-2 rubber powered airplanes (which we used to torment our chihuahuas with)
-a card game called, "Unexploded Cow"

I just have to post what is printed on the box:

quote:
Europe. Summer. 1997.

You and your friends have discovered two problems with a common solution: Mad Cows in England and Unexploded Bombs in France.

You've decided to bring these two powderkegs together just to see what happens. And you wouldn't say "no" to a little money on the side.

So round up your herd, march them through France, and set them loose behind the Cordon Rouge. If you're lucky you'll come home rich before Greenpeace gets hold of you.

Either way, there's something magical about blowing up cows.

Ha!

And finally, the most interesting gift of all: two Lego-like figures. One resembling the cop from the Village People that is handcuffed to a tattooed criminal. I think there is a joke here that I haven't figured out.

Thank you, Tom!

Leonide
Member # 4157

Yeah, thanks again Billie, the prints are gorgeous. I've been sitting listening to Irish Jig music and admiring them while I read -- definitely a perfect addition to the room. [Smile] [Smile]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I must confess that the Playmobil figures are, indeed, a joke that neither you nor I have figured out. I suspect the Playmobil people are having us on. After all, how many actual children would be interested in the Hell's Angels playset, particularly one featuring a fey-looking member of the Highway Patrol?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
My package came today! Thanks Darrell! It's a beautiful picture book of Arizona! Now I have to add one more place I want to go to before I die to the list!
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Fedex says mine was delivered about a week ago - I hope my giftee actually got it!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you like it. Arizona has some beautiful scenery.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift today! I got my gift!

CaySedai sent me a very pretty stained glass Christmas tree light-catcher! The little angel on top is so totally my style-- actually the whole thing is, but the angel especially! I didn't see until I held it up to the light that the glass of the tree even has little frost-like designs in it, so pretty.

Another decoration to add to my "where am I going to put this so the kids and cats don't break it" Christmas decorations, along with my ceramic nativity! [Wink] (No, really, I love it, and I don't want it broken!)

AND she sent it packed with a stuffed snowman and penguin-- AND a JINGLE BELL and candy cane-- which I think will quite effectively distract the kids from the real gift. Maybe I will put it up on a shelf where I can see it but they won't touch it, and just not point it out so Emma isn't tempted to climb up and grab it...

Bridget's gift came today, too, but I will wait to open it until she's awake so I can record every aspect of her reaction.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I forgot to say "thank you!!!"
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Thank you Erosomniac! Your gift arrived today, and it was just what I was hoping to get. I got not one, but two incredibly soft warm scarves. They are perfect for keeping me warm (I'm wearing one right now, because even inside the house, I'm chilly. And besides, a cold caught me, which is making me feel chillier still). Besides warm and soft, they are very pretty, too. They are both striped my favorite way -- longitudinally, rather than horizontally. One is the colors of cream, cocoa, coffee and caramel, and the other is the colors of cream, saffron, persimmon, and dark chocolate. My son said that one is beige and one is orange, but he has no élan, you know?

The gift is well appreciated and will get tons of use both inside the house and outside as well. And they are pretty enough that I can carry off making them a part of my outfit at work, which is very nice, since I'm always too cold at work, too. I don't have any warm scarves that I can do that with (until today, that is). You have lovely taste in scarves.

Thank you. [Kiss]

Her Royal Heinzness
Member # 9600

- posted      Profile for Her Royal Heinzness           Edit/Delete Post 
(This is Bridget's mother writing for her, obviously.)

Death of Bees sent a box full of dress up Beautiful Lady things for pretend play! My favorites so far are the red purse, the red scarf, and the wrapping paper. And there are lots of things (two pairs of gloves, two purses, two scarves, two bracelets) so I can share with my sister, who gets kind of grabby with my stuff sometimes.

Thank you!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Her Royal Heinzness
Member # 9600

- posted      Profile for Her Royal Heinzness           Edit/Delete Post 
(P.S.-- Why won't Mama let me eat the packing peanuts?)
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeathofBees
Member # 3862

- posted      Profile for DeathofBees   Email DeathofBees         Edit/Delete Post 
Bridget, I'm so glad you like your dressup box. The red purse was hard to part with, actually. I tried to make sure everything in there would be play-worthy, since I never liked it when my mother would confiscate my gifts and say something like, "Oh, this will be such fun when you're a little older..." I'm glad you're willing to share with your sister, too. An actress must have dialogue scenes to make her monologues that much more effective.

kq, sorry about the packing peanuts! I didn't want the bow to get smooshed, but I forgot Bridget would probably want to munch on them.

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That's okay, she lost interest quickly when she saw other things, and we'll get them out before the cat finds them (he likes to make them into little tiny pieces, THEN eat them.)

She still loves the wrapping paper, though. [Wink] And the red purse will get much love around here-- when I was little they called me "the bag lady" because I was ALWAYS carrying a purse or handbag, or failing that putting things in a grocery bag and carrying it around, and the girls both seem to take after me in that respect! Bridget spent 10 full minutes (usually she has a 3 minute attention span) opening and closing that purse and putting things in it before she moved on, and she carried it with her for half an hour in her other play even after that.

KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift today from Pegasus! He sent a book about classic cars made and sold in Maine, it was also signed by the author. He also sent some yummy cookies that his wife made (KQ wants the recipe) and some salt water taffy! KQ had been craving salt water taffy and I hadn't had it in at least 5 years, so that was a good gift. Thanks Pegasus! I am now hiding the cookies from everyone so that I get some more.
Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
Ludosti, I'm so glad you liked your presents! [Smile] And they got there so quickly! Celtic music is the best, isn't it? I have A LOT of it, so if you'd like the full Celtic Christmas CD, or other tunes, just let me know -- I'll be happy to send them your way. [Big Grin]

Hope your little girl arrives soon and safely!

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you liked the items KPC! I'll get the recipe from my wife and email it to KQ (to address in profile if that's the best one), She's really been getting into cooking lately, so we get to try all kinds of good stuff.

Edit: KQ, Here is the recipe for the cookies. Also if you look at the many photos, one of them is ours (under the name Winter Ivy)

[ December 15, 2007, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Pegasus ]

Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.