FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Hatrack Gift arrived! Please email if you have not gotten a gift. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: My Hatrack Gift arrived! Please email if you have not gotten a gift.
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome! I'm so glad you got it and like it. Sorry it was late! I was so disappointed when I found out it got there a day after you left. But it took a long time to write, and also I found myself unable to stop watching the show to write the poem for a lot of that week. (I was just going to watch two episodes to get a feel for it, honestly, I really was. I have now watched Seasons 1 *and* 2, *and* part of 3. And got two other people hooked on it. And have been told repeatedly by roommates and friends to stop mentioning how everything that happens "is just like in Doctor Who when...")

And sorry the poem is so long! I had planned on a sensible 2 or 3 pages, but I had hardly got into it by then, and things just kept happening I hadn't planned, like Hermione and everyone showing up, and then it just sort of wrote itself and demanded to be that long.

Aaaaaaaanyway, Happy Christmas, Katie!

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Could everyone who has not recieved their gift please email hatrackfestivus@gmail.com even if they already have. I need to see what can be done.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, talk about coincidence, I send (and hope she recieved) Kassi H a couple of books by Robert Laxalt hoping to give her a feel for my home in Nevada. Both books have to do with the Basque experience here. Today, I recieved my gift from anti-maven. (after an involved reminder of why I always use the brown trucks when I need more service than the USPS can provide.) It is a great book, Ezagutu Euskal Herria (discover the Basque homeland) Now I have the starting point for that large group that finished here in Northern Nevada. Fortunatly it has translations in both Spanish and English. As many of you know, Euskadi is so dificult that it is the only language the Devil never learned to speak. This accounts for the temperment of "Los Vascos." Thanks Richard! This is new territory and I will enjoy the visit.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, I'm so glad it arrived.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. I didn't realize there was another person with Basque heritage on this board!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Artemesia, you are most welcome, and I'm sorry for the grief with Fedex. I hope you enjoy the photos and are tempted to visit in real life - I'd be happy to take you out for a pintxo or three!

I myself don't have Basque heritage, but I do live in the Basque country, and I can fully understand why the devil never learned the language! However, it's great fun learning, and always nice to surprise the locals with a phrase or two as an Euskaldun berri-berria (a very novice Basque speaker [Wink] )

Gero arte!

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, Sorry, I'm not Vasco, just Western. I'm a part of that group that considers the East Coast to start at the Cheyenne, Denver, Albuquerque axis. My personal heritage is Danish (and Mexican). But I have a great intrest in, and affinity for, all of the groups of the Great Basin.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Canadian Post is apparently stupid. On the plus side the mailman appologized for their stupidity [Wink]

I got an awesome gift from Valentine014! I got a Red-Necked Wallaby! I'm the adopted parent and it's at the Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo. Apparently it likes to hop and it eats wild grasses,, leaves and brush. I'll have to link a picture when I get my scanner up and running.

Thank you very much Valentine014! I hope you had a great holiday.

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
My giftee's present was returned to me on Saturday and I have resent it. Sorry about that...
Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.