FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 'Dollhouse' Whedon's newest, strangest work (Page 18)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: 'Dollhouse' Whedon's newest, strangest work
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Watched it, I liked the details of the catch-up and some of the touches like Topher and Bennett.

However, I just couldn't really buy that with how crappy Rossum was that their Neuropolis lasted for 10 years with the 'heroes' raiding them. Their security is worse than Wolfram and Hart. (Also, Topher can unwipe the world but can't get a remote control going? I get the emotional need, but plot-wise very arbitrary. And what if it failed?)

I found the missing Alpha storyline interesting though.

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
*I'm discounting the telepath evidence you mention, because, IIRC, it doesn't give any evidence of any soul-like thing that exists or that can exist separate from the body. Am I misremembering?

Its debatable, by design really. Bester and Lyta both see the 'soul' depart the body while in the mind during death. They claim that it takes part of their own soul too.

The Day of The Dead is something else that comes to mind too actually, come to think of it.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit, I enjoyed reformed Alpha a whole lot. I would have liked to see more of him.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Its debatable, by design really.
Yeah, that's pretty much my point. If it's debatable, you can't say that it definitely exists. [Razz]

quote:
Bester and Lyta both see the 'soul' depart the body while in the mind during death. They claim that it takes part of their own soul too.
I don't remember that well enough to comment on it either way.

quote:
The Day of The Dead is something else that comes to mind too actually, come to think of it.
Good point. I forgot about that that. Do any of the dead people reveal things to the characters that couldn't have come from their own subconsciousnesses?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember too well. Refreshing with the Lurker's Guide page, http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/guide/096.html , it looks like there are two prophetic instances, Morden predicting something about Lennier and Kosh giving a message to Sheridan via Lochley.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.