FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Member Pics. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hatrack Member Pics.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aerin:
Thanks! [Smile]

Of course, you can get that hair color in ways other than genetics. Mine, for instance, comes from the salon.

What's your hair's phenotype? If it's not too forward a question. [Wink]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerin
Member # 3902

- posted      Profile for Aerin           Edit/Delete Post 
It's been so long since it was completely apparent, I'm not entirely sure. Probably light brown.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon now, who else has fond memories of the expired Hatrack members photo gallery of yesteryear? May it Rest In Peace. Fair Winds and Following Seas, old friend.

And if you want a pic of me, feel free to google me. I'm quite certain there must be someone better looking than me with the same name that'll boost my reputation in one fell swoop.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

I am lamp.
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbit, I can't think of having ever seen a picture of you before, but for some reason you look exactly how I thought you would.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aerin:
Me

That's a great picture of you. With your classic look. My daughter is known to give that look to the camera from time to time. #watchoutdad
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Me with Teresa. She's the cute one.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
And you're the one making her laugh -- good combo.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'll join in.

My girlfriend and I (with an M on my forehead).

And recovering from tennis with my father.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks less like an M and more like Harry Potter/John Lennon.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Our family
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I have Pictures of myself on the internet, but most of them are jokes.

A Mario Impersonation.

This one is also recent.

This is what my hair looks like when I've dried it and ironed it and everything.
And this is what it looks like after half an hour's walk outside. Humidity, I tells ya. So I kind of stopped even trying to style my hair. It just does its thing, and I do mine. [Razz]

[ July 25, 2011, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Olivet ]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Mama S: Four! How ever do you manage? They are cute as buttons! How long in between?

Olivet: Nice pics...the last one doesn't seem to be working though.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Here...I fixed the link for you.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Thanks Stone_Wolf_! I must have edited it twelve times and couldn't get the link to work. Not sure what was up with that. I'm so incredibly technical. [Razz]

I'd love to share some family pics, but some members of my family are very camera shy and don't appreciate me putting them up online. It's kind of funny. My sons are eleven and fourteen.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Wolf, who's to say we actually do manage with all four? Separations are 2 years 5 months, 2 years 3 months, and 3 years 11 months.

You're right, though. They are cute.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother only had three and we were so uncontrollable that we could be found outside sharpening sticks on the curb. Four sound frightening, four children from my family that is.

I'm sure your children are completely non-sociopathic and are safe around flammable material.

[ July 25, 2011, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: AchillesHeel ]

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's hard to look untoolish in a polo.
And other than when I'm wearing a tie, all I wear is polos. So I spend a lot of time looking like a tool.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

The wife and I are done with kids ATM...we are leaving the possibility open for another set of two down the line...since mine are only 15 months apart they are quite the handful and I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle another bundle of joy right now. We wanted them really close together for one so they would be virtually the same age most of their lives, and have each other as close friends, but also so we could go through the diaper stage all at once.

Once the 6 month old girl sleeps through the night I'll probably be better composed...amazing how sleeping uninterrupted makes such a difference in my life.

Hobbes: I hope there was no offense...tool was your word, not mine [Smile]

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
We have four. I think three was the hardest, because we were suddenly outnumbered. Plus, our third is a fireball. Our fourth is a little angel. But I also attribute the drop-off of difficulty to greater experience as parents. With our first, we had no idea what we were doing. With our fourth, we know to cover with the new diaper while taking the old diaper off, among many other bits of hard-earned wisdom.

The more kids, the more grandkids, and the more people we have to take care of us when we get older. It's a long-term investment. [Smile]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no offense. I'm just amused by my own fashion predilections.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

afr: My parents are screwed...I'm an only child.

Hobbes: I wear black tee shirts about 90% of the time...I'm not sure what that makes me ...ish. It's not "goth" as I have no piercings or tats...not "emo", as I never wear skinny jeans nor have the Beaber hair (yuck).

CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
It's kind of funny. My sons are eleven and fourteen.

Olivet, of course, started having children at 8.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Thanks, sweetie. [Kiss] I still have a hard time processing the fact that my oldest is six feet tall. And is getting hair on his face. [Angst]
CT
Member # 8342

Lord a'mercy.

[Kiss]

Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Olivet, what IS it about 14-yo boys?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

Hollow legs (it's why they are always stumbling) & time travelling (it's why they seem so confused).
rivka
Member # 4859

That WOULD explain a lot. It really would.
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
This is me right after I recently cut off all my hairs.

And this is me with my cute little 'phew.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Annie! I love the glasses. They look so cute on you!

rivka, mine is possibly an alien. He crossed his arms behind his back, and still grasped a baton thingy with both hands, with the pole across his abdomen. He's six feet tall but only three inches thick. [Eek!]

advice for robots
Member # 2544

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
afr: My parents are screwed...I'm an only child.

You've just got more responsibility.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
He's six feet tall but only three inches thick. [Eek!]

Yes! Mine too -- and yet he eats like food is going out of style.

Which is why CT's hollow-leg theory makes so much sense.

Olivet
Member # 1104

Mine's certainly not keeping any of what he eats in his middle. At least not for long. It must be the hollow legs.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
You've just got more responsibility.
They hope!
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Mooses (Meece?): What a beautiful family!

I'm the 6th of 8 children, my parents say the first 3 were the hardest... by the time I came along, I was raised by my older brother and sisters just as much as I was by my parents. My sisters and I would cook dinner every night and clean, I'd do all the yardwork and handiwork and gardening that needed done, we'd throw birthday parties for eachother, and once we were able to start working summer jobs we'd help our parents out a bit with the bills. Really, my parents probably had an easier time of it with 8 of us identured servants running around than they would've had with 2 or 3. [Wink]

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any recent pics, but those of you who've met Christian, He's taller than me, now, though he still weighs about 1/2 as much (it's the hollow leg, indeed). You may also remember Will, whose 1st birthday it was when last we saw each other... he's seven.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

DB, I believe the accepted pluralization is "Meese".
advice for robots
Member # 2544

quote:
Originally posted by Dogbreath:
Mooses (Meece?): What a beautiful family!

I'm the 6th of 8 children, my parents say the first 3 were the hardest... by the time I came along, I was raised by my older brother and sisters just as much as I was by my parents. My sisters and I would cook dinner every night and clean, I'd do all the yardwork and handiwork and gardening that needed done, we'd throw birthday parties for eachother, and once we were able to start working summer jobs we'd help our parents out a bit with the bills. Really, my parents probably had an easier time of it with 8 of us identured servants running around than they would've had with 2 or 3. [Wink]

I agree, the Meese are a great-looking bunch.

It's also my belief that past 3 kids, it's all about the same. My oldest two are 10 and 8, and they're starting to be able to really help out with the baby, not just do token tasks. My wife's on crutches recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery and the kids have actually been helpful, which is so refreshing.

I don't think we're going to have 8 kids, but I'm starting to get a glimpse of how it's possible (it's more the acceptance of being back at square one with each new kid, than it is the sheer number of kids you have to deal with). Somewhat ironically, my wife comes from a family of 8 kids and I come from a family of 6. We're used to big families, I guess, but raising one is different than being in one. Early in our marriage, someone made the observation that your kids raise you. That has yet to be wrong, 4 kids later. We both had some notion of it, I guess, but there's nothing like a 2-year-old to learn you things like iron patience. I expect we have much, much more learning to do as our kids enter their teens. I personally feel like we're right at the top of the first hill of a roller coaster. Here we go.

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p8XvKVhJqc

My buddy took this video yesterday and I thought it was pretty cool, thought I'd share it here. I'm the 7th one out of the bird.

[ August 04, 2011, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: Dogbreath ]

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi y'all!

have fun browsing

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Very cool Db...

Hi Shan!

odouls268
Member # 2145

I'm still a facebook conscientious objector. Sorry Shan. [Frown]
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by odouls268:
I'm still a facebook conscientious objector.

Ditto.
odouls268
Member # 2145

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Ditto.

[Wave] i knew I couldn't be alone!
odouls268
Member # 2145

LOL!!

Here's something i didn't know existed! I just googled these words after I read your post.

http://www.facebookhaters.com/

[ROFL]

rivka
Member # 4859

I feel no need to visit that site.

I'll spend my time on G+ instead. [Big Grin]

odouls268
Member # 2145

Well, as long as we're posting Youtube videos, here's a something I was in. It's not as awesome as fastroping, but then again, what is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejRyHtnnXvs&NR=1

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by odouls268:
Well, as long as we're posting Youtube videos, here's a something I was in. It's not as awesome as fastroping, but then again, what is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejRyHtnnXvs&NR=1

Which one are you?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for those objectors to FB, here's a news clip I was in . . .
Coverage on local news

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I like your hair that way. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.