FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Member Pics. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hatrack Member Pics.
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Which one are you?

I'm the dog that runs through in one of the outtakes.
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Here's another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zpyvfiBCQE

I'm the one filming.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one more of me, I'm the fuzzball.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Fuzzball for the win
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by odouls268:
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Which one are you?

I'm the dog that runs through in one of the outtakes.
That was my assumption, but I wanted to be sure.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't really post anymore, but I do lurk... sometimes [Smile] . And maybe some people remember me from the good ole days and always wondered what I looked like...

Ok, so really my wife just did a cool photoshop picture of me and this is a cool opportunity to brag, even if no one cares [Razz] .

Here it is

(I should note that the cool thing about this picture is that in the original, I am sitting in front of a brick wall)

And here is another one of me on a hike which isn't all special looking.

Anyways, fun stuff. Back to lurking!

[ August 09, 2011, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Dr Strangelove ]

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always enjoyed seeing you around Doc. [Smile]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
And I always enjoy coming around. I really do hope to become a regular again one day.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

Beautiful people saying their pictures aren't special looking...
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I approve of the beard. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm normally not into posting pics on the internet, but I kinda didn't think it through when I posted this video to hatrack a while back.

I'm the first guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJCSR4MuhU

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:

It's actually significantly bushier right now. Not for any real stylistic reasons... mostly because of laziness.
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shan:
Well, for those objectors to FB, here's a news clip I was in . . .
Coverage on local news

Your real name is Armando? [Wink]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

quote:
Originally posted by Armoth:
I'm normally not into posting pics on the internet, but I kinda didn't think it through when I posted this video to hatrack a while back.

That's, um, kind of fantastic.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
quote:

It's actually significantly bushier right now. Not for any real stylistic reasons... mostly because of laziness.
Ah, what my dad calls a true academic beard! [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:
quote:
Originally posted by Armoth:

That's, um, kind of fantastic.
Don't ch'a know, Armoth and his Capella group became world famous after making that video! [Smile]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Looks like it! It had like 5 millions views!
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Looks like it! It had like 5 millions views!

Posted here on hatrack first! ;-)
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I am still somewhat dumbfounded that you have shared a stage with Matisyahu.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shan:
Well, for those objectors to FB, here's a news clip I was in . . .
Coverage on local news

Your real name is Armando? [Wink]
He makes a great introductory speaker, yes?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Me flirting with some pretty girls. [Smile] (I'm the handsome blond fellow on the right)
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Me outside the Super Bowl. You may notice the photo comes from nfljapan.com; the photographers were adorably excited about how "big and awesome" everything was. They may have noticed me chuckling at their enthusiasm. I consider this photo their revenge. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

Not optimistic about fighting a rhino
Noemon
Member # 1115

Are you kidding me? That rhino is terrified. You've already won.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
T:man...that fighting style you are sporting is classic awesome! Were your teachers named Phineas or Thropmorton?
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
You might even say it's petrified with fear!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

So, next week I'm returning to the US after being overseas for a little more than a year. I've spent the past year living a pretty hectic life, and right now the memories are pretty blurred... sleeping outside on strange islands, so hot that you sweat lying still at 3 in the morning. Laying in a cramped rack on a ship, seasick, reading Heinlein. Long sleepy helicopter flights, short terrifying boat landings, the taste of sweat, vomit and seawater, the smell of burning refuse and water buffalo shit and cooked goat. And of course, stormy evenings holed up in Japan, lurking on Hatrack. [Smile]

I've been trying to sort through my memories, meditating and reflecting on all that I've seen and accomplished this year, to prepare my for the transition and the stress that comes with readjusting to western civilization. To help with the blur, I've been looking through my friends online photo albums, picking out individual memories to focus on.

I think out of all the pictures of myself I've looked at so far, this one stands out as my favorite. Until this year, I never really understood why so many of my friends who are parents have such a deep love of children. But this year, in all the craziness and loneliness, the dearest friends I've made have been the kids I've met - many of whom I share no common language with. It doesn't matter to them, they give you 100% of their attention - with no motive more selfish than genuine curiosity. It's an infectious innocence, and I've begun to hope that one day I'll have children who will help remind me what it is to kind and loving and fearless on a daily basis.

I apologize for perhaps overusing this thread (I think I've posted more pictures than any other user), and for making a rather personal post. I'd like to see what the rest of you look like some day. [Smile]

[ December 10, 2011, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Dogbreath ]

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to see that you're coming home Dogbreath, and the memories held by that very sweet picture must be nice too! If you pass through the Phoenix Airport I would be happy to buy you your first beer and burger back stateside, well maybe some enchiladas instead, I happen to know the best place in all of Arizona.

I actually find it complicating to know what some the of the posters look like, Olivet for instance, how could I ever disagree with her now!

Edit to add.
Here is an updated picture, showing just how pale and blonde I really am, hard to believe I've spent my entire life in the desert.

[ December 10, 2011, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: AchillesHeel ]

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Since I was 13, I've been part of an online community formed almost exclusively of people my age. (And one guy in his 30s, and one 50 year old) It was based on a gaming website, but we all talked on IRC, IMs, and video cams (via MSN, then Skype when it came around) - after I became an adult and started traveling in college, I went on to meet 6 of them. They were actually some of my closest friends in high school - and unlike most of my high school friends, I still keep in contact with all of them.

Hatrack seems to be a lot more formal than that, and I've never had the time to establish myself as anything more than an occasional poster. (despite knowing 2 Hatrackers irl) but I still think knowing what other posters look like adds a lot of dimension to conversation, even if I can't say I really "know" any of the posters here.

I think you and I are about evenly matched in paleness - I'm about as far white as you can get without being an albino.

Sadly no stops in Phoenix, I appreciate your offer though!

AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

Stick a pin in this I've been eating there my entire life and it is still the ultimate nice dinner when it comes to everyone in my family.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote a nice post responding to you, Dogbreath, about how we use to all meet up on Hatrack, and even had weddings between members and a convention.

It's lost now, so you'll have to take my word on how nice a post it was....lol...

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Dogbreath:
I think out of all the pictures of myself I've looked at so far, this one stands out as my favorite.

Awesome picture. [Smile]

Hatrackers still do get together regularly. But for a variety of reasons, those arrangements (and many of the involved posters) don't happen here anymore -- they happen on the so-called spinoff forums.

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

I've heard vague mutterings of these spinoff forums before, though I've yet to see / be invited to join any of them. Perhaps when I get back to Hawaii and have more consistent internet access I'll look them up. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

Invitations? We were supposed to get invitations?

Darn.

kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a great picture, Dogbreath. Makes me smile just thinking about it. I'll echo AH's invite but for Chicago.

I can't imagine you would be met with anything other than delight on any of the spinoff forums that I know about.

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Invitations? We were supposed to get invitations?

Darn.

Oops--sorry. Yours must have gotten lost in the mail!

In all seriousness, Dogbreath, invitations aren't needed. The two most active such communities are sakeriver and Galactic Cactus. Check them out, and if either seems like a place you'd like to spend more time, create an account and start posting.

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
I'll echo AH's invite but for Chicago.

I actually will be in Chicago the morning of January 3rd. [Smile] Only for an hour and a half, though, so I won't even be able to leave the airport. You can blame the DoD for not scheduling flights with longer layovers.

This morning I recieved an official invitation from rivka via e-mail, so I'd feel like a hypocrite for not checking out the spinoff forums now. [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Me at night.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

My one year old daughter Winter "Winnie" Lily walking for nearly the first time.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZachC
Member # 12709

- posted      Profile for ZachC   Email ZachC         Edit/Delete Post 
An older picture of me

Now a newer picture of me

Pretty much the best looking pictures of myself I could find [Smile]

Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ZachC:
An older picture of me

Now a newer picture of me

Pretty much the best looking pictures of myself I could find [Smile]

Zach, I can't access those pictures. Do I have to be your facebook friend to see them?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

She's adorable, Stone Wolf. [Smile]

Zach: You'll need to either change the access rights on those photos, or just right click o the photo, select properties, and get the actual photo url. (it'll end with ".jpg")

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
So that you know I'm still here, lurking and reading.

http://flic.kr/p/aqKY68

Me and my dear wife Isabel, in a big rock festival called "Rock in Rio" (Because it's in Rio de Janeiro, of course ;-) )

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Happy people. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Eduardo! Yay! I was just thinking about you the other day. [Smile] Glad you're around and happy.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Thanks DB!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Eljay [Hat]

I'm around, reading the threads and all. Should post more, though.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

My daughter being cute. (Facebook required)
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=41439193857878&set=a.82339655117272.41768.100000237151994&type=1&theater

I'm the bearded one [Wink] Not to say- the one who can't fly [Wink]

She is realllly cute, Stone Wolf [Smile]

[ June 21, 2012, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Szymon ]

Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I have this thing where I dye my hair all sorts of crazy colors.

Its purple right now

And the pink it was before

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.