FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantasy Football 2012....league is set up, come on in!!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2012....league is set up, come on in!!!
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the world of your week one opp. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Looks like we are in for some good football today!!!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh, this week is turning into a disaster. I'm losing by almost 60 in my pay league. I went from being up 15 to down 30 in my family league because of last minute TDs. Hatrack league is my only hope, and I'm still dowm 27 points there.

This week just wasn't meant to be, despite having Reggie Bush on two of those teams.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Lyr: Mr. Doom and Gloom.

Man oh man was the Vikes game painful...105 penalty yards?!?!?!?

The Vikings battle cry:

Ready!

Aim!

Shoot yourself in the foot!

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Normally my doom and gloom ends up being right.

I live in a perpetual state of cautious pessimism.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Superstation's doing ok thus far, though unhappy about Gates and Garcon being out, plus Bradshaw getting hurt.

Mooselet's struggling this week again, with no backup for Gates at TE, and Andre Johnson doing very little. He's still in it, though, so far -- depends a lot on Rivers' continued performance (or its lack, as Rivers is on his opponent's team), and then a better Stafford/Johnson combination tomorrow.

[ETR] Oops. Wrong opponent.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Tonight you mean, for the Stafford/Johnson connection.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah -- I got confused between Mooselet's Stafford-Johnson team tonight and Superstation's Ryan-Jones tomorrow.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Good grief. Mooselet won in his league by one point (and would've lost the tiebreaker), with under a minute-and-a-half to go. We actually wanted Detroit not to get the onside kick, because Stafford might've gotten picked.

Plenty of what-ifs, but for now we're just taking the W.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I obviously have an eye for talent. I see it, pick them up, then bench them at the last second so I can not break 100 pts again.

I think we need to redraft. [Wink]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Well, Kwea, near the end I was sorta hoping for you to win (to keep Vash at 1-1), but your loss resulted in my going 6 for 6 in the pick 'em, absent unexpected stat corrections. That'll still put me tied for second with Stone behind Lyrhawn, but since Lyrhawn will be 7-5 and Stone and I will both be 6-0, I think it's more reasonable to say that I'm tied for first.

Also, the stattracker "Optimal Lineup" is kinda stupid. Superstation scored 130.01, and it says the optimal lineup would result in a score of 127.91. It's because they fill the D spots before DB and DL, but it'd be such an easy fix....

Kwea
Member # 2199

Meh

My D is killing me. None of them are close to what they are predicted to do weekly.

Dez Bryant was horrible for me the only other time I had him for FF. He sucks so far this year too.

But what sucks the most is Amendola....I removed him for Torey Smith at the last second and he gets 22 points. I also changed Cortland Finnegan, and he got 9 points, a 5 point difference from the guy I put in instead.

This sucks.

[ September 18, 2012, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
If Lyr complains anymore before actually losing a game I will consider him the Hatrack league equivalent of the Cowboys and loath his team's very existence.
Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

To be fair he is mostly complaining about his other two leagues.

And he hasn't said anything in a while.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I know. I was being completely tongue-in-cheek.
Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I DO have a pretty ferocious matchup this week in this league.

I'm already not feeling good about it.

::Doom and Gloom::

[Smile]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Well, Superstation apparently figured out how to post Smack Talk while I was away tonight. That was a lot of talking smack for someone who didn't score any points tonight. Poetic, though....
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

He's adorably aggressive.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

I think it's the Mohawk.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'll keep my smack talk age and prose appropriate. [Smile]
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Nice follow-up. Superstation didn't have much smack in his next talk, except to say he was unimpressed with your math skills.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

First play of the game the kid gets a 73 yard TD pass.

I'm not liking today's direction.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Oh yea Minnesota Vikings boooya!
Kwea
Member # 2199

I should have played Torrey Smith rather than Lloyd, but still....about TIME I showed up to play!!!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I should have played Spiderman.

Sick agility and sticky hands that can catch any ball...or webshooters to snag the ones the QB misthrows.

He'd be an unstoppable wideout.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Superstation wanted to continue smack-talking, but I told him he'd had enough for today. I'm glad you had a good week, Kwea, though I was kinda hoping for biggest blowout again. I don't think it's very likely with Rogers on deck against Seattle, but I didn't think Rivers would get stopped so completely, either. I think it's more likely than us losing the week, but that's not impossible, either. Most unlikely occurrence in fantasy history, perhaps, but not impossible.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Considering the score, I think he's justified in a little more smack talk if he wants.

He's good and truly crushing me.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I sat Torrey Smith. [Frown]

I almost played him as Lloyd was Questionable, but still...Lloyd had a good day, just not a 26 point day like Smith. [Big Grin]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Lost all my games this week by margins that range from 80 points to .2 points.

Abysmal.

Also, did anyone catch the end of the Packers-Seahawks game? Speaking of abysmal, the refs handed the game to the Seahawks. This one is going to be talked about for years to come.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

At the end of the month Phrightening Phist had played three matchups in three weeks. The score stood 3 wins and 0 losses. No one believed anymore that it was a fluke that put him first in the standings. He had beaten top teams by unheard-of margins. It was no longer possible for other coaches to ignore him.

There were many, too, who hated him. Hated him for being young, for being excellent, for having made their victories look paltry and weak. . . .

*wink*

Kwea
Member # 2199

Hardly. [Big Grin] It's still early, and Ryan will fall apart at the end, as usual.

Should be a fun match now that my guys are healthy. [Big Grin]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Ready for this week to start. With refs! (And condolences to anyone who got worked in a league due to so many bad calls this past week.)

Hey, Stone -- if you want to meet the kid that's gonna whip you this week, we'll be at Rio Mesa for Mooselet's game from 12:00-2:00 this Saturday. Superstation won't be there right at the beginning, because his game is 10:00-12:00 in Fillmore, but should definitely be there by 1:00, if not earlier.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

If you by "whip you" you mean edge me out by a small margin...

Love to, but celebrating my son's third birthday that day. Please keep asking though, we will meet one of these days!

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Well, that was a rather inauspicious beginning for both our teams. I hope things get better for both (more for us, but some for you) on Sunday.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Well, crud. It feels so much worse when you could have played other people and won. And we came so close to playing both of the people that would've done it for us. Congrats, Stone.

In lighter news, Mooselet's team won their first actual football game yesterday, and Superstation's interception and 26-yard return was the play of the game in his (though his team did end up losing).

Kwea
Member # 2199

I know all about that. [Big Grin] I sat McCoy this week as he has been a dud for me, almost as bad as Bryant.

He scored 16 points. [Big Grin] I also almost sat AP and played Morris. Morris got about 4-5 points more.

I am winning by 9, with Peppers to play tomorrow (a D player) and my opposition has the Dallas kicker. It's gonna be CLOSE!

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Thanks PM...but I'll wait to celebrate for stat corrections.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

After stat corrections it hurts even more. Three and a half points. Ugh.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Sorry!

Hey, and sorry to Lyr's Lions on behalf of the Vikes.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Much appreciated.

We gave that one away. I don't know what happened to last year's Lions, but I suspect they're lost in the same forest that's beguiling last year's Saints.

On the bright side...I had the Vikes team D in on of my other leagues.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Only undefeated team...wow, that's lucky.

I'm 3rd by points...

Only 80 point difference (or about 20 per game) between 4-0 and 0-4...this league is tight.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Yeah, but a 144 point difference between 3-1 and 1-3. Dangit. We'd better choose a better lineup this week.

Congrats to the Ketchups and the Warriors for their first wins. Condolences to and commiseration with the Stampede on their first loss.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah, I'm 2-2 now! Hell of a close game too, about 6 points. [Big Grin]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Make sure you all set your lineups. There's a game tonight and bye weeks are are in full swing. Several teams still have large gaps of unfilled positions.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Funny...I didn't even break 100 and I'm still (probbly gunna be) undefeated...lucky break RG3 got hurt I guess.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Won 2 of 3 games this week. Lost in my family league by 2.2 points.

Lame.

Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
Funny...I didn't even break 100 and I'm still (probbly gunna be) undefeated...lucky break RG3 got hurt I guess.

[Grumble]

But hey, maybe Arian Foster will have a 35 point night!

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Whoever runs the Gamblers...there are still a couple of great options available tonight to snag off the waiver wire that could cut down Foster's workload.

I see two that could produce 5-10 points if you're lucky. You'll have to dump your bye week player, but I'm betting you'd get him right back if you really want him. Look at Laron Landry and Yeremiah Bell. I'd check to make sure they're healthy for tonight, but it's worth a try.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

And yes, Stone Wolf, I'm actively participating in your defeat. [Smile]
Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Whoever runs the Gamblers...there are still a couple of great options available tonight to snag off the waiver wire that could cut down Foster's workload.

I see two that could produce 5-10 points if you're lucky. You'll have to dump your bye week player, but I'm betting you'd get him right back if you really want him. Look at Laron Landry and Yeremiah Bell. I'd check to make sure they're healthy for tonight, but it's worth a try.

I can only add/drop players for week 6. I thought rosters were locked on Sundays. If I'm wrong, doh! I realized yesterday too late I had that one player in my starting lineup and was too late to switch him with anyone on my bench.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.