FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantasy Football 2012....league is set up, come on in!!! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2012....league is set up, come on in!!!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Wonders what he missed.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just whining, and realized I needed to stop doing it. And in karmic recompense for the retraction, everything I was whining about came to nothing.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

What's the prob, you are in first?

Glad it resolved.

Kwea, look for an email from me too about the IR position and a bit of snafu I got myself in.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I fixed it, I think. I added Rice back to your team before I head to bed. Night!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Not happy about this week's matchup at all. We're gonna need some studly performances by a few people. Gotta be glad Arian Foster is on a bye this week, though -- gives us a fighting chance.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Thanks Kwea!

No offense PM, but I'm rooting for the Gamblers.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

You and everyone else. And no offense to you, but I'm rooting for Vash. (And none to Lyrhawn, but I'm rooting for the Ketchups, too.)
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
So am I.

On principle, I can't root against ketchup.

Of course, that won't stop be from trying my hardest. [Wink]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Let's hear it for Doug Martin!!!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Even as a Vikes fan, I was impressed by Martin.

Ponder hurt my soul.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Mooselet's opponent had Martin on the bench. Mooselet is still the underdog, but that score would have made it feel like it was over before it started.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Stone, sorry I didn't think to say it earlier, but Superstation has another football game (could be his last this year) at Rio Mesa tomorrow morning at 8:00.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Sorry, can't make it...but Wolf clan is heading to McGrath pumpkin patch mid afternoon today. Does the Moose clan need any gourds? We could meet up then.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Trying to get Stone_wolf to one of those football games is like cutting the gourdian knot.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Says the single guy w no kids...talk to me when you have multiple ankle bitters and a wife on temporary disability [Razz]
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

PM...we didn't end up going to the pumpkin patch today. Planing on going tomorrow if y'all can make it.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I didn't mean anything by it. I just wanted to make the gourd joke
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Don't worry my friend, of all the people here on the rack you would have to really work at it to offend me.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

We were gone all day -- after Superstation's game at 8:00, we headed to Magic Mountain for a few hours before Mooselet's game in Santa Clarita at 4:00. And Sundays are always packed. Both kids finished their seasons today, though, so Saturdays will definitely free up a bit.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Congrats PM...looks like you alone will sit atop the standings.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Well Mooselet sure left a lot of points on his bench -- he sat the Chargers DST, who scored 29 points. Houston could still beat that, though....
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

The aggressive brashness gave way to the eight-year-old-ness after tonight's loss. Tears were shed. We had to get back to the "I'm just gonna have fun" concept.

No, I'm not trying to get anyone to go easier on him lest they make an 8-yr-old cry.

His birthday is in a couple weeks. If it weren't for the fact that he would see it, I would consider changing the team slogan from "Watch your language. I'm eight." to "I'm nine now. Go <blank> yourself." But it wouldn't be funny for long enough.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well, he should keep in mind that he's still in first place.

And a scoring correction in his favor could still give him a win.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Yeah, he knows he's still in first. I think he wanted the medal for five wins in a row. Well, and he wanted to win. He's feeling a little extra bad because I gave him every opportunity to play Leshoure instead of Bradshaw.

I suppose more stat corrections could happen, but we already picked up two points on those yesterday -- wasn't really counting on more.

Mooselet, who mathematically is not out but realistically is, won by two this week. Bittersweet.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Good game though. I wasn't sure I would pull it off! I lost MJD, one of the players had a concussion and never scored a point, and then Bryant did his usual vanishing act and scored less than 2 points. (why he is on the CAN'T CUT LIST I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND)

See you in the playoffs (I hope)

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Is anyone else in utter shock with Doug Martin? 52 points? 272 yards and 4 TDs?!?!?

I don't even feel bad for losing to that.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I thought Leshoure had a good game, until I saw that. D
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Played Leshoure in one of my leagues and ended up with my first ever tie. He's struck gold twice now. Why the Lions all of a sudden keep deciding to run first is beyond me, but I'll bet it's forcing Megatron owners to gather their pitch forks.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Mooselet played Leshoure in his league, but he also has Stafford and Johnson, so Johnson TDs still would have been worth more (since presumably Stafford would have thrown them).
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

All (most) hail the stat correct gods!
Kwea
Member # 2199

I sat Matt Schuab, and he scored 41 points. [Big Grin]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
All (most) hail the stat correct gods!

They have proven a fickle, unhelpful lot to me as of late.

Sigh. If only I'd caught that last minute injury, I'd have a decent chance of coming out ahead.

Now, short of your linebacker getting Nancy Kerrigan'd on the sidelines, I'm probably out.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

All it takes is a bad game for my LB and a good game for your DE (it is Julius Peppers here we are talking about) since we are only a couple of points apart.

Come on NaVorro Bowman!

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'll have to see if I can find my voodoo dolls before the game starts.
Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on a 4 game losing streak now. Losing this week by less than 2 points. This is totally bumming me out.

[Frown]

Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Sorry dude!
Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it too soon to say I'm looking forward to next year? [Wink]
Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I officially love NaVorro Bowman, 12.5 points booya!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Stat corrections got me...I knew it was too close to call it a victory.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

I have to admit that we were hoping you'd lose out on that one, but that's because we hadn't won our game yet, and still wanted first seed. Von Miller gets player of the game, though.

Superstation thanks you all for a lovely regular season.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I had a good game, but my opponent had a better one. [Frown]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

A loss always stings a little more when you would have beaten just about everyone other than the guy you lost to. I feel you. And you get a rematch against him in the first round!
Kwea
Member # 2199

[Big Grin]
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Bleh...Second most points loses to first most, painful. Now the best I can get is fifth. Yuck.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

If it makes you feel any better, you might not end up with the second most points. Lyrhawn has a decent chance of catching you. Vash, probably not, but not impossible. Kwea a little less likely, and me next to impossible.

See, don't you feel better?

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Not at all...but thanks for trying!
Kwea
Member # 2199

I changed my lineup, but it didn't take. I never meant to play Reese over Morris. I lost 14 points because I either didn't hit save or my computer troubles continue.

This sucks.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
I changed my lineup, but it didn't take. I never meant to play Reese over Morris. I lost 14 points because I either didn't hit save or my computer troubles continue.

This sucks.

It can't suck that much, didn't you win?
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

He hadn't when he posted.

Now that the scores are official, I am claiming the "this sucks" for having posting the second highest points in the league, and still losing. I would have beaten everyone else.

This sucks!

Kwea
Member # 2199

lol

Granted!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.