FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantasy Football 2012....league is set up, come on in!!! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2012....league is set up, come on in!!!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I was under the impression that rosters only locked for players who had already played.

But after trying to drop a player myself I see that you're right.

Alas.

We'll all be rooting for Foster. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Not ALL. [Smile]
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It locks 1/2 an hour before kickoff, I think.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
Not ALL. [Smile]

20 pts to go!
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Actively rooting against me...ouch.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

If it makes you feel better, I don't particularly want to see you do poorly...I just want to see me do better.

Better?

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

It's a sure mess a luck I haven't lost already, what with being 3rd in points anyway.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

It's a mess of luck I'm in third. I'm second in points for AND points against.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Whew, that was close!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Lame.

But I'm just extra bitter because I lost in my family league this week despite having the second highest score. Seeing someone win with the second lowest score is just irksome.

But I doff my cap to you sir, on being 5-0.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
We're still annoyed at not being in first, what with being first in points and last in points against. Glad for a win this week, though.

Mooselet's team did so poorly this week I feel absolutely terrible for him. Between two WRs, 2 RBs, and a TE, he scored 8 points. And half of those were from Amendola, who is now out for quite a few weeks.

My understanding is that rosters lock for adds/drops five minutes before the first game on Sunday (players whose teams played Thursday lock then), but actives/inactives can be changed for players who haven't played up to five minutes before they play (though I guess it might be 30 minutes for each).

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Hey, last year one injured player in the first playoff game dropped me from first place by three wins to fifth place. This time the injury got me the W. I'm still owed a bit karmicly.

Also note I warned Godrick twice!

Kwea
Member # 2199

Rosters lock, but the lineup can be changed until 1/2 an hour before gametime.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Wow is it annoying that the Android app, the Yahoo page and the GameChannel all list different scores for the same match up at the same time!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Also confused/frustrated that I tried to pick up Sidney Rice as a free agent Thursday afternoon and it wouldn't let me do it...instead putting in a Waiver for week 6.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well, if Rice had been dropped since waivers cleared the week before, then you can't.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I just wish I had understood it was Rice I couldn't get and not that the whole thing had locked, I would have picked up someone else.

Oh well, live and learn.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Third place, here I come!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I have to say Stone Wolf, much as I was rooting for you to lose last week, I'm a little sad now. There's something special about a perfect record, and I'm sad to see it go.

On the other hand...I see second place on the horizon...::knock on wood::

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Have TD passes always been worth 4 points?
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I don't feel so bad, I did pretty good for having my QB, kicker, two RBs and two D on bye week.

Passing TD have always been 4 as far as I can recall, which is to say 80% sure.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'm having a bizarre senior moment where I swear all my leagues were 6 points but apparently two of them are four points.

Throwing me off.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Can one have a senior moment in their 20s?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Yes.

I'm senior to everyone younger than 28.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Okay!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Krath gorram it frak! I should have played Jordy Nelson!
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yes, TD's have always been 4 pts for a QB, 6 points for a WR/TE or RB. It's the standard scoring for Yahoo, ESPN, NFL.com.

If a QB RUNS a TD in, it's 6 points, just like everyone else.

Link to ESPN.

[ October 15, 2012, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel you, Stone. When you beat us we had four different players who could have changed the outcome. C'est la vie. It is sad to see a winning streak end (sadder when it was us), but I'd be lying if I said I was disappointed. But stat corrections could swing things back to you -- the score isn't final yet.

No active games really look to change hands, but nothing's impossible. And yes, in the league Mooselet plays in, passing TDs are worth 6 (though INTs also worth -2), and three QBs went first round. Mooselet, unfortunately, despite having what appeared to be a great draft, is getting crushed by unexpectedly poor play. The commissioner of the league does a prediction every week, and the only time Mooselet was predicted to lose he won. The other five times he's been predicted to win or "too close to call." He lost, and it was never too close to call. The only one too close to call was his win, which was by a single point.

Anyway, another week mostly over.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

It's all good, I -deserve- third place, and your boy deserves first, as Lyr deserves second.

Anyway, I'm far from done with this season. The next time I'm in in first, I'll deserve it.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I had some close ones this week...until Rogers decided to throw six touchdowns. [Smile]

Next week is a tricky one for byes for me. Hopefully the waiver wire has some good stuff.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I think I got it, and I don't think corrections will swing it. Despite Texas sucking!!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Congrats Kwea, you got me by 3.5 points. Had I played Nelson instead of Hartline I would have won by 28.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Gates finally has a good game and we have him on the bench. Good grief, Chargers! Did you forget there was a second half to football games?

*mourns*

ETA: *mourns* over Ray Lewis, too.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually kinda pleased the Chargers forgot they were playing against Payton Manning when they went into half-time.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Moose:
Gates finally has a good game and we have him on the bench. Good grief, Chargers! Did you forget there was a second half to football games?

*mourns*

ETA: *mourns* over Ray Lewis, too.

Does this mean they have to stop playing those safety videos with Ray Lewis and his mom during commercials?
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Not a whole lot of safety equipment available for triceps, but yeah, I bet they'll pull them.

So in rankings, obviously won/lost comes first, but then is it just points for, rather than a differential? And do head-head matchups not affect the rankings at all? I couldn't find anywhere that indicated (other than extrapolating from the current rankings, and not even much of that).

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

In ties, points for is the first tie breaker. For all I know it's the only tie breaker, but yeah, no differentials or head to head match ups.

I can't see using differentials (by which you mean, I assume, differential between points for and points against) as any sort of useful metric. They're totally a matter of luck. But if you were going to use them, I'd think you'd use them by saying whoever has the most points against would win, because they had to overcome a harder challenge.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Agreed. Sort of a "strength of schedule" thing.

I like how it's done in Mooselet's league -- there are three divisions of four teams each, and all division leaders and one wildcard go to the playoffs. Though it's nice to have more teams go to the playoffs, too.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

We have divisions in one of my other leagues as well. It has its plusses and minuses. The problem is that the divisions are horribly unbalanced. We play everyone in our division twice and once in the other division. A lot depends on the honesty and skill of the league manager in that situation.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

But how could you prevent horribly unbalanced, if everyone is drafting a team? Or is it a skill/experience-of-manager thing? Y'know, like one division benefits because they have an 8-year-old as one of the managers?

Oh, wait....

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well, in my league, the same four people are terrible every year. And 3 of them are all in one division. It's just too lopsided. You'd think that it would shift and some years you'd get lucky and some years you wouldn't. But that's not how our league works.

Also, we have a nine year old in our league. She's a badass.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Any last minute additions, now is the time, as it is the last minute.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Ugh. I sat Frank Gore because of the poor matchup and the punk scores 18 points!

Can't survive many bad calls like that.

Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
At 4-3 I'm very happy to be sitting in 4th place. This coming week is gonna be a challenge though...
Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Heartfelt sympathies to the Civic Minded Five on a score that would have beat 75% of the teams this week, and would have been the second highest if not for two players on bye week.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

That's two of the last three weeks that Ray Rice was our weakest running back! That does it -- we're sitting him this week.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Kwea, please look for an e-mail from me. Thanks.
Kwea
Member # 2199

k
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Thanks.

[ETR (edit to remove)] That was uncalled for, Moose. Take a chill pill.

[ October 24, 2012, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

lol
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.