Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » How many Hatrackers does it take to change a light bulb? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How many Hatrackers does it take to change a light bulb?
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
dose anyone have any idea how much a pain in the A$$ it is to change a head light in a uparmered humvee? it is not easy.
ROMMEL FENRIR WOLF II

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
making a trining aid pressure plate detentor with a light buld to show if it works is not easy
Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
apeiron
Member # 2565

- posted      Profile for apeiron   Email apeiron         Edit/Delete Post 
Neither is knowing what that is...

It's a gorgeous day outside and I'm sitting in my room with two warm lightbulbs on, hunched over my computer. Depressing...

Posts: 184 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

No i call that OD after your firend dies in an accedent

[This message has been edited by Rommel Fenrir Wolf II (edited May 28, 2007).]

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

lets take the head lights off our veichols. replace them with BLACK OUT LIGHTS and try driving in the night by holding our NVG'S to our face with one hand and drive with the other. not to menchen most of our routs are covered in bolders and 100' drop offs.
BRILLIANT.
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
How long does it take to figure out how many Hatrackers it takes to change a light bulb?
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HuntGod
Member # 2259

- posted      Profile for HuntGod           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't notice the date at first and thought Survivor was back...bad Rommel!

By the way don't ever pretend an industrial flourescent light is a light sabre and swing it around vigorously...stress fracture, nuf' said.

Posts: 552 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

sorry toget your hopes up. now put away the rolled up newspaper. i wouldnot want to hurt any one...
iwonder how long it will take the hajji who clens theshowers to replace the dieing light bulb.
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II

rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
How many Surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?

Five

Two to hold the giraffe and three to fill the bathtub with brightly colored tools.

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

How many Army Combat Engineers dose it take to change a light bulb?
1 to notice it needs changed.
2 to find the replacement.
4 to prep the demo to blast the old light bulb out of the socket.
2 to do a post blast analyst.
5 to re wire the socket.
4 to find the 2 that went to find a replacement.
1 to screw it back in.
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

Funniest thing that has happened in a long time to us.

On a mission lasting several days we were sleeping in barracks assigned for this mission.
2 nights ago there was 155mm outgoing artillery. well the barracks are right next to the 155mm guns so the vibrations made a light fixture fall on someone as they slept.
This happened at 2230Z. we kind of rolled over and went back to sleep only to laugh about it the next day.
Not exactly a light bulb but close

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II

skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you get a purple heart for that kind of injury?
Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to submit a new lightbulb but it was rejected because of the wattage.
I've been in bed sulking about it ever since.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickfisher
Member # 1214

- posted      Profile for rickfisher   Email rickfisher         Edit/Delete Post 
Rommel, you're slipping . . . you forgot to degrade your spelling again.
Posts: 932 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
how many publishers does it take to change a light bulb?
Three - one to do the . . . ehem . . . changing, and two to hold the author down.

I heard that at a writer's conference in November, and have been waiting for a moment that would be appropriate to trot it back out ever since. Of course, some might question its appropriateness at any time.

Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear God, this thread is going again...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

well i had my lap top on the drop lines in the mwr on the fob we are staying. so i used ms word 03

no there was no ingory to the person no perple heart. did ask doc though.

and yes it is going again.

RFW2nd

JeanneT
Member # 5709

- posted      Profile for JeanneT   Email JeanneT         Edit/Delete Post 
Where is Kathleen to tell us to stop arguing about light bulbs?
Posts: 1588 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

how many publishers does it take to change a light bulb?
Three - one to do the . . . ehem . . . changing, and two to hold the author down.

That reminds me of another joke: How many flies does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfe_boy
Member # 5456

- posted      Profile for Wolfe_boy   Email Wolfe_boy         Edit/Delete Post 
Just two, IB. More than that is strictly optional.

Jayson Merryfield

Posts: 733 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, just two--but I don't know how they got in there...
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where is Kathleen to tell us to stop arguing about light bulbs?

You rang?

Somehow it didn't sound like arguing to me.

Have to confess, though, I've been battling tendonitis in my left wrist since about Christmas time (when I was in Egypt on a tour).

Finally got a cortizone shot today, right smack in the middle off my dorsal tendon (the one that runs up into the thumb), and I have to wear a thumb-imobilizing wrist brace for two months in hopes that the cortizone will take care of the pain.

Did you know that a thumb-immobilizing wrist brace, even on your left hand when you're right handed, can make it a bit of a challenge to type?

RWFII, you may not be the only one with creatively spelled posts around here for the next while.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
One more thing: the topic is how many it takes to CHANGE a light bulb. Puns on any other word choice would not be appreciated.

Does Kathleen get grumpy after a cortizone shot? Hmmm.....

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Other than the tendonitis, how was Egypt, Kathleen?
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Well, it doesn't have anything to do with changing light bulbs, so maybe I should start that topic I asked arriki for on travel experiences being good for writing, or resurrect the one that was here a while ago.

Better that than encouraging this topic to continue, eh?

rstegman
Member # 3233

I think these light bulb jokes are a waste of time on a board about writing.

I mean telling stupid jokes like,
"how many presidential candidates does it take to change a broken light bulb"
Three. One to remove the old bulb, and two to find a bulb that gives off broken light."

I mean, these jokes are just stupid!!!!!

Anybody who locates an old light bulb joke and brings it to the front should be shot. (I will take ten CCs.......)

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

...almost three months between posts...I suppose, even when you drive the stake into the vampire's heart, somebody'll come along and take it out...thus it is with this thread...
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

Wow rstegman you are beginning to sound like me.

I never thought you would consider a thing like that.

RFW2nd

Wolfe_boy
Member # 5456

I'm wondering what the problem is as well, rstegman, since a mere 17 posts above your last post, there resides an actual How many people does it take to screw in a light bulb joke, penned by yourself, which is neither better nor worse than anything else offered here.

Posted by rstegman:

quote:
How many Surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?

Five

Two to hold the giraffe and three to fill the bathtub with brightly colored tools.

I've heard of the pot calling the kettle black, but the pot naming itself so?

Jayson Merryfield

Posts: 733 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elan
Member # 2442

- posted      Profile for Elan           Edit/Delete Post 
This quote probably doesn't belong here, but it doesn't belong anywhere else, either, so I thought I'd just toss it into the ring with the nonsensical lightbulb jokes:

"You have to be a great thinker to be a great writer. Which is bad news if you are a writer." -- Andy Rooney, on Sixty Minutes

Posts: 2026 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J
Member # 2197

- posted      Profile for J   Email J         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice quotation.

May I note that this has been the most enduring thread I've ever seen in my years on this site? I'm not sure what that says about us as writers, but it confirms the kernel of truth in the original joke, and for that reason, validates the entire, rambling discussion thereon.

Posts: 683 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeanneT
Member # 5709

Back on topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_bulb

Now we need someone to post saying that Wikipedia isn't a reliable research source.

Posts: 1588 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tnwilz
Member # 4080

- posted      Profile for tnwilz   Email tnwilz         Edit/Delete Post 
Q.How many men does it take to install a fresh roll of toilet paper.

A. Nobody's really sure - it's never happened.

Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

The lights in our barracks light up automatically when someone walks down the hall. Pretty cool.

RFW2nd

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

A while ago, where I work, they installed self-flushing toilets. Us long-term senior employees figured that management didn't think some of the new hires knew how to use the regular kind. (That and "rakeoff" and "kickback" were what most came up in conversation.)
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

The last miracle of god the self flushing toilet.
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

For the record, they don't work right...either they flush when you don't want 'em to, or they don't flush when you do want 'em to...
Wolfe_boy
Member # 5456

quote:
For the record, they don't work right...either they flush when you don't want 'em to, or they don't flush when you do want 'em to...

Of course, you end up looking like some kind of wicked-awesome brown mage with all the arcane hand gestures you end up making in front of the motion sensor trying to get your fewmets to flush down the drain.

Jayson Merryfield

JeanneT
Member # 5709

Or like a three year old waving bye bye to her body products. I'm always glad for stall doors at that moment.
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

i am having probloms with the lights in my house, i have replaces the light bulbs 3 times in one week and they keep going burning out. damn these long last 7 year life energy saving bulbs they are causing me to sit at home in the dark at night.

and quote----How long does it take to figure out how many Hatrackers it takes to change a light bulb?
end quote----

for ever.

hahahahaha
RFW2nd

Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like your fixture is the trouble.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey the light bulb thread is back! Here's a new one I just thought up.

How many fiction editors does it take to change a light bulb?

They never change them because they aren't aware their brightest bulbs are burned out.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

I use one of those "energy efficient" swirly lightbulbs, and that in a fixture that's difficult to change. Even then, it doesn't last seven years, only a year or two at most.

Whatever you do, don't break one; the cleanup of the toxic chemicals will set you back a couple of thousand dollars.

MrsBrown
Member # 5195

- posted      Profile for MrsBrown   Email MrsBrown         Edit/Delete Post 
drake the thrall is the lurker, as you can see at:

http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum8/HTML/000163.html

(I vote for moving this thread to Grist for the Mill)

[This message has been edited by MrsBrown (edited July 28, 2009).]

Posts: 785 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

For a moment I thought this was back on...
rstegman
Member # 3233

How many congressmen does it take to change a light bulb?

all of them but it has to be the swirly kinds....

tnwilz
Member # 4080

- posted      Profile for tnwilz   Email tnwilz         Edit/Delete Post 
How many men does it take to change a roll of toilet paper? No one is really sure, it's never happened.

Sigh,... Doesn't really matter how many times I post this joke, no one's ever gonna think its funny are they. I know some jokes about poultry pedestrians too. I'm going to take a nap now.

[This message has been edited by tnwilz (edited July 29, 2009).]

Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
I second the vote to move this thread to Grist for the Mill.

quote:
Q. How many writers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. But why do we have to CHANGE it?

Joke's source: http://murderby4.blogspot.com/2009/07/light-bulb-jokes-writing-style.html

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

I didn't notice that there was a vote, but it makes sense to me.

Hold on, to something other than a light bulb, cause here we go!

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

There.

Did we lose anyone in transit?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.