Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Movie Quotes (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Movie Quotes
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Napoleon Dynamite

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spencer Thurgood
Member # 8913

- posted      Profile for Spencer Thurgood   Email Spencer Thurgood         Edit/Delete Post 
I know! I'll turn him into a duck! Oh... wait... I don't know how to do that.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Sir Guy of Gisbourne: You've come to Nottingham once too often!

Robin Hood: When this is over, my friend, there'll be no need for me to come again.

---The Adventures of Robin Hood

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
The truth is, I am Iron Man. ---Iron Man.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I want to ask you something. You all go to church.

Do you think God knew what He was doing when He created woman?

No ****! I really want to know.

Or do you think it was one of His minor mistakes? Like tidal waves! Earthquakes! Floods!

Do you think women are like that?

What's the matter? You don't think God makes mistakes? Of course He does. We all make mistakes. Of course, when we make mistakes, they call it evil. When God makes mistakes, they call it...nature.

So what do you think?

Women: Are they a mistake? Or did He do it to us on purpose?!

I really want to know!

If it's a mistake, maybe we can do something about it! Find a cure; invent a vaccine; build up our immune systems. Get a little exercise. Twenty push-ups a day...and you never have to be afflicted with women, ever again!

-- Jack Nicholson as Daryl Van Horne, The Witches of Eastwick

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Pseudolus: Wait!

Hero: Yes?

Pseudolus: A brilliant idea!

Hero: Yes!

Pseudolus: That's what we need, a brilliant idea.

---A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.

Optimus Prime ~ T2

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Wilbur Grey: And another thing Mr. Chick Young! The next time I tell you that I saw something when I saw it, you believe me that I saw it!

Chick Young: Oh relax. Now that we've seen the last of Dracula, the Wolf Man, and the Monster, there's nobody to frighten us anymore.

Invisible Man: Oh, that's too bad. I was hoping to get in on the excitement.

Chick Young: Who said that?

Invisible Man: Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the Invisible Man.

---Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
"...that's the second time I shot that man while he was flying through the air."
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 

Mrs. Leverlilly: You've ruined that piano!

Clouseau: What is the price of one piano compared to the terrible crime that's been committed here?

Mrs. Leverlilly: But that's a priceless Steinway!

Clouseau: Not anymore.

- Pink Panther Strikes Again

S!
S!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

quote:
None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me

The Watchmen

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
The opening scene :

THE END BY THE DOORS
Singing

"Saigon, ****. I'm still only in Saigon. Every time I think I'm going to
wake up back in the jungle. When I was home after my first tour,
it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing...
I hardly said a word to my wife until I said yes to a divorce.
When I was here I wanted to be there. When I was there, all I
could think of was getting back into the jungle.
I've been here a week now. Waiting for a mission, getting
softer. Every minute I stay in this room I get weaker. And every minute
Charlie squats in the bush he gets stronger.
Each time I look around the walls move in a little tighter."

Apocalypse Now

Also I feel that way sometimes.

RFW2nd

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited December 11, 2009).]

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II, are those lyrics?
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

McCoy: Where are we going?

Kirk: Where they went.

McCoy: Suppose they went nowhere?

Kirk: Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all.

---Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

If RFW II doesn't come around to confirm soon, I can...those are the opening lines in Apocalypse Now, and not song lyrics.
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Robert. All I know about that movie is "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." (or some such) and that it's supposed to be some kind of reinterpretation of Conrad's HEART OF DARKNESS.

13-line rule applies to movie quotes, too, because they're copyrighted material.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Eve Kendall: What happened with your first two marriages?

Roger Thornhill: My wives divorced me.

Eve Kendall: Why?

Roger Thornhill: They said I led a dull life.

---North by Northwest

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

John T. Chance: You're not as smart as your brother, Joe. He sees Stumpy here sittin' around the corner locked in with you... and if that isn't plain enough, I'll tell you why. If any trouble starts around this jail, before anybody can get to you you're gonna get accidentally shot.

Stumpy: I can practical' guarantee that!

---Rio Bravo

Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
I once met a boy who walked half-way across Texas with a chicken. I asked him why he turned around, he told me the chicken was tired.

-Ross Perot

Wait that wasn't in a movie.

Clarence really, you do know he has the mind of a rabbit?

---It's a Wonderful Life.

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

You should not do magic you do not understand!

---The Indian in the Cupboard

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Fitting to the season:

quote:

Ralphie: No! No! I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

Santa Claus: You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
sorry the new was down,

Robert Nowall is right is the lines of Apocalypse Now.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

You like playing with me, right lil' cow?

---Rescue Heroes

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Charge!

---Arsenic and Old Lace

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Do you mean to tell me, Katie Scarlett O'Hara, that Tara, that land doesn't mean anything to you? Why, land is the only thing in the world worth workin' for, worth fightin' for, worth dyin' for, because it's the only thing that lasts.

---Gone With the Wind---in commemoration of the seventieth anniversary of its premiere in Atlanta.

dougsguitar
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
"Only an Arab would bring a dog to war." 13th Warrior

"One thing's fer sure... we're all gonna be a lot thinner." Han Solo

"Hogarth Hughes speaking..." Hogarth Hughes

[This message has been edited by dougsguitar (edited December 15, 2009).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

That's one of my favorite movies.

quote:

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: How can you sleep at a time like this?

Herger the Joyous: The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

and

quote:

Herger the Joyous: It's all right, little brother... there are more!

and

quote:
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: Have we anything resembling a plan?

Herger the Joyous: Mm-hm. Ride till we find them... Kill them all.

are among my favorite 13th Warrior quotes.

dougsguitar
unregistered

"I wish Bulvie was here."
"It's a small matter."

Movie Greatness!

Thanks IB - Struggled with and gave up on Michael Crichton-Eaters of the Dead

[This message has been edited by dougsguitar (edited December 16, 2009).]

[This message has been edited by dougsguitar (edited December 16, 2009).]

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

Pssst. It's Buliwyf--you spelled it phonetically. Buliwyf is a spin on Beowulf, whose story was blended with that of Ahmad ibn Fadlân ibn al-Abbâs ibn Raðîd ibn Hammâd. Interesting how combining two epic stories, Michael Crichton got Eaters of the Dead, neh?

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited December 16, 2009).]

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Albert: Tell him there's a deadly poisonous snake inside of the cage. Tell him.

Joseph: [Leaves the room. Re-enters a few seconds later]

Albert: You didn't tell him.

Joseph: He knows already.

---We're No Angels, the good version, from 1955.

Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 

quote:

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: I cannot lift this.
Herger the Joyous: Grow stronger.

- 13th Warrior

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies of all time.

S!
S!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Linus: Are we dead?

Lucy: Thanks to old Charlie Brown.

Sally: I'm not dead.

Peppermint Patty: Of course you're not dead!

Lucy: No thanks to old Charlie Brown!

Charlie Brown: All right, all right, let's go to the river!

---Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown

dougsguitar
unregistered

quote:
RAAUUU-RAU-RAU-RAU-MMRAUUUUUU... Chewbaca

and then;

quote:
YAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa......... Emperor, (falling... get it?)

Star Wars Episode VI

(hey, somebody had to)

[This message has been edited by dougsguitar (edited December 17, 2009).]

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Well, you know, people don't go out to New Jersey unless they have to.

---The Sunshine Boys

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

quote:

Andy Dufresne: What about you? What are you in here for?
Red: Murder, same as you.
Andy Dufresne: Innocent?
Red: Only guilty man in Shawshank.

Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

"I have successfully privatized world peace."

Tony Stark ~ Iron Man 2

"You come from a family of thieves and butchers and now, like all guilty men, you try to rewrite your own history, and you forget all the light this dark family has destroyed. There will be blood in the water . . . and the sharks will come."

Whiplash ~ Iron Man 2

rich
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for rich   Email rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"You complete me."

Tony Stark - Iron Man 2

Posts: 840 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Bernadette: Your Reverence, I did see her.

Peyramale: Yes, my child, you did. And you will see her again.

Bernadette: Perhaps I haven't suffered enough.

Peyramale: You've suffered enough, my child, for the Heaven of Heavens.

---Song of Bernadette (in memoriam Jennifer Jones)

dougsguitar
unregistered

"I go, you stay... no following." Iron Giant

"I Superman!" Iron Giant

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

quote:

Jake Gittes: Mulvihill! What are you doing here?

Mulvihill: They shut my water off. What's it to you?

Jake Gittes: How'd you find out about it? You don't drink it; you don't take a bath in it... They wrote you a letter. But then you have to be able to read.

and

quote:

Jake Gittes: A memorial service was held at the Mar Vista Inn today for Jasper Lamar Crabb. He passed away two weeks ago.

Evelyn Mulwray: Why is that unusual?

Jake Gittes: He passed away two weeks ago and one week ago he bought the land. That's unusual.

- Chinatown (Jack Nicholson, Faye Dunaway 1974)

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Jerry: Oh no you don't! Osgood, I'm gonna level with you. We can't get married at all.

Osgood: Why not?

Jerry: Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.

Osgood: Doesn't matter.

Jerry: I smoke! I smoke all the time!

Osgood: I don't care.

Jerry: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player.

Osgood: I forgive you.

Jerry: [tragically] I can never have children!

Osgood: We can adopt some.

Jerry: But you don't understand, Osgood! [[pulls of wig]I'm a man!

Osgood: Well, nobody's perfect!

---Some Like It Hot

[This message has been edited by Robert Nowall (edited December 19, 2009).]

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

quote:
Stephen: Fine speech. Now what do we do?
William Wallace: Just be yourselves.
Hamish: Where are you going?
William Wallace: I'm going to pick a fight.
Hamish: Well, we didn't get dressed up for nothing.

-Braveheart

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited December 19, 2009).]

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Eric Sevareid: [broadcasting] There's another hold from NASA, another delay. Alan Shepard sits there, patiently waiting. What can be going through a man's mind at this moment?

[cut to Shepard in his space capsule]

Alan Shepard: Gordo?... Gordo, I have to urinate.

---The Right Stuff

Ben Trovato
Member # 7804

- posted      Profile for Ben Trovato   Email Ben Trovato         Edit/Delete Post 
(paraphrased)
Kadaj: Mother came to rid the cosmos of fools like you.
[ex-corrupt corporate executive] Rufus: The lifestream courses through our planet, back and forth along the borders of space and time. If that cycle is the very truth of life, then history must inevitably repeat itself. So bring your Nightmares--we'll do as life dictates. And stop them. Every. Single. Time.
--Advent Children

Posts: 71 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Blanche Lovell: Are you scared?

Susan Lovell: [nods]

Blanche Lovell: Don't you worry. If they could get a washing machine to fly, my Jimmy could land it.

---Apollo 13

aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
Zero quoted The Mask of Zorro:
quote:
"...that's the second time I shot that man while he was flying through the air."

InarticulateBabbler quoted Shawshank Redemption:

quote:
Andy Dufresne: What about you? What are you in here for?
Red: Murder, same as you.
Andy Dufresne: Innocent?
Red: Only guilty man in Shawshank.

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't be alarmed but I'm being followed. Act normal.
-The title character in Howl's Moving Castle

quote:
EL GUAPO: What is happening around here today? Are gringos falling from the sky?
[Crash]
JEFE: Yes, el Guapo!

-¡Three Amigos!

[This message has been edited by aspirit (edited December 20, 2009).]

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Walter: Why not see what he's sellin'?

Hub: What the hell for?

Walter: Well what's the good of having all that money if you're never gonna spend it?

Garth: Could be the kid has a point.

Hub: Well. We'll see what the man's sellin'. THEN we'll shoot him.

Garth: Good plan.

---Secondhand Lions

Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

Nobutada: Please forgive, too many mind.

Nathan Algren: Too many mind?

Nobutada: Hai. Mind the sword, mind the people watch, mind the enemy, too many mind... No mind.

The Last Samurai

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Zuzu Bailey: Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.

George Bailey: That's right, that's right. [Pause.] Attaboy, Clarence.

---It's a Wonderful Life

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.