Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Movie Quotes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Movie Quotes
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
"Your father was the captain of a Starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives. Including yours. I dare you to do better."

Has to be one of my favorites ever...not counting Robert Shaw's Indianapolis monologue from Jaws.

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
...sir! stands up out of his wheelchair I have a plan. Heh. pauses, realizing that he is standing Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

Dr. Strangelove

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and all your silly English kaniggets. Thppppt!

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough whopper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of eldeberries.

Monty Python.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
That quote is easy, DW. It's from the new Star Trek movie.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I wasnt saying guess where...just that I love it! I probably should have titled the movie it was from.
Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Kingdom of Heaven: Godfrey of Ibelin - "I once fought two days with an arrow through my testicle."
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Jaws

"I think we need a bigger boat"

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
"Whereever you go, there you are." - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
"Strange women laying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."
Monty Python and the Holy Grail...mid '70s?

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Brian Johnson: Bender, did you know without trigonometry there would be no engineering?

John Bender: Without lamps there'd be no light.

and

quote:

Bender: Claire, you wanna see a picture of a guy with elephantitis of the nuts? It's pretty tasty.

Claire: No thank you.

Bender: How does he ride a bike?

Bender: Oh Claire, would you ever consider dating a guy who looked like this?

Claire: Can't you just leave me alone?

Bender: I mean even if he had a nice personality and a cool car... although you'd probably have to ride in the backseat because his nuts would ride shotgun.

The Breakfast Club

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited October 25, 2009).]

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrajean
Member # 7664

- posted      Profile for Lyrajean           Edit/Delete Post 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bender: Claire, you wanna see a picture of a guy with elephantitis of the nuts? It's pretty tasty.

Claire: No thank you.
Bender: How does he ride a bike?

Bender: Oh Claire, would you ever consider dating a guy who looked like this?

Claire: Can't you just leave me alone?

Bender: I mean even if he had a nice personality and a cool car... although you'd probably have to ride in the backseat because his nuts would ride shotgun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Breakfast Club

I've actually seen a picture of that in real life. Pretty freaky... It was for sale at an antiquarian/colelctable book fair in NYC. One of those things you jsut can't stop staring at.

Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope y'all stop talking about it soon, though.

Even the Grist for the Mill area is part of this family-oriented forum, remember?

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
After all, tomorrow is another day.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
"There's a man out there I haven't seen in fifteen years who's trying to kill me. You show me a son that'd be happy to help."
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

I just mentioned the movie quote. It was memorable...if less than appropriate.

How about a different movie quote:

quote:

I can tell you the license numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you the waitress is left-handed. I can tell you the guy sitting at the bar weighs two-hundred-fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and I know that--at this altitude--I can run flat out for a half a mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?

-Jason Bourne (The Bourne Identity)

or

quote:

Gordie Boggs: Buenos nachos!

Sasha: I didn't know you spoke Spanish.

Gordie Boggs: Yeah, I took it in high school... a bunch of times.

Sasha: Are you fluent?

Gordie Boggs: No, I feel fine.

- Gordie and Sasha Ready to Rumble

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited October 26, 2009).]

Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
Ray: Gozer the Gozerian? Good evening. As a duly-designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.

Peter: That oughtta do it. Thanks very much, Ray.

Gozer: Are you a god?

Raymond: [hesitant] Uh...no.

Gozer: Then... di-i-i-i-e!
[Gozer begins shocking the Ghostbusters with lighting.]

Winston Zeddmore: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you're supposed to say "Yes!"
#
Inigo Montoya: I admit it, you are better than I am.

Wesley: Then why are you smiling?

Inigo Montoya: Because I know something you don't know.

Westley: And, what is that?

Inigo Montoya: I am not left handed.
#
Prince Regent: Percy. Fashionably late, as usual.

Sir Percy: Sink me, your highness, it was this damned cravat. Simply refused to tie. I ask you. Sticking out like a pincushion.

Prince Regent: I might have known it would be something serious.

[This message has been edited by Unwritten (edited October 26, 2009).]

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
"Peoples is peoples."

"Let me get this right, you think your boss spends his nights beating hardened criminals to a pulp and your plan is to blackmail this person?"

"The Sphinx:When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you can head off your enemies attacks with balance.
Mr. Furious:Okay, but why am I wearing watermelons on my feet.
The Sphinx:I don't remember telling you to do that."

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

"Your really cute but I don't understand a word you are saying." Had to pull that one on my niece once.

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven’t had any sleep, but I’m going to see how I do without cheating (after all, this is my forte):

Robert – “Frankly Scarlet, I don’t give a damn!”
Genevive42 – “Kaahhn!”
Unwritten
– “Dogs and Cats living together! Mass hysteria.”
– “Inconceivable!”
– You got me – is it “A Robinhood who can speak with a real British accent”?
Pyre Dynasty
- Ice Age – not sure which one
- “Do you want to know how I got these scars?”
- Kung-fu Panda?
- ?????????????????????
- “I’m so frightened I could squeal like a little girl.”

How’d I do, folks?

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

It looks like I might have been hoodwinked by a duck, a frog, and a Mystery Man.

[This message has been edited by philocinemas (edited October 26, 2009).]

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
Caboose: O'Malley taught me how to be mean! I just have to (grunting) concentrate, on, bad, things, like milk! No, wait, red... Red Bull!
Sarge: Son, I think you may have lost it. O'Malley is not inside your head anymore! He infected the Doc!
Cabbose: No, I can feel him! I just need to get angry and say, mean, things, like Your, brain, is, a mountain, of hatred!
Sarge: I never thought I'd reach the moment in my life when I actually miss Grif...But here it is.
Caboose: Now, I, am, thinking, about... kittens! Guh, kit-tens, cov-ered in spikes! That makes, me, angry!
[Caboose lets out a primal scream as he leaps down among Battle Creek players]
Caboose: Yearh!
[He lands]
Caboose: My name is Michael J. Caboose, and I hate babies!
Red Zealot: It's the beast! The anti-flag, come to live among us and rule us for seven years! The end is nigh! [gets killed by "Evil Caboose"] Dyhurg!
Blue Soldier: [killed] Yikes!
Red Soldier: [killed] Yowzaa!
Red, Blue, Red Soldiers: [they are standing in a row, Caboose mows them dow with sniper rifle] Ow! Wee! Wow!
Caboose: I will eat your unhappiness!
Caboose: Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts.

Red Vs Blue

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
"I feel too good to war with mortals. Bring me giants!"

and

"As I end the refrain, thrust home!"

and

"I mock the manner of these canine courtesies and say thank Heaven, here comes another enemy."

These are all from the same place.

Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
@philocinemas: Not bad! Not bad at all. I'm a little disappointed that you, of all people, didn't get my Sir Percival Blakeny, Baronet reference. It's the Scarlett Pimpernel.
Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! the "Nooooooooooooooooo!" was from The Empire Strikes Back.

Not that I was really playing guess that quote.

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
Blackadder: They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head.
#
George: Now I've got my lovely fire I'm happy as a Frenchman who's invented a pair of self-removing trousers.
#
Blackadder: We're about as similar as two completely dissimilar things in a pod.
#
Red Baron: How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing. For us, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is the basis of an entire culture.

ok, I'll stop now... More here.

[This message has been edited by BenM (edited October 27, 2009).]

Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

wait..was that a movie quote or administrator's note?
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
And may I humbly add, your honor, that we have learned our lesson and we'll never do it again.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rich
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for rich   Email rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"What a world, what a world."
Posts: 840 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Trovato
Member # 7804

- posted      Profile for Ben Trovato   Email Ben Trovato         Edit/Delete Post 
"We will rule over all this land. And we will call it...this land."
--Firefly.

Posts: 71 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

I was wondering when that one would pop up.

____

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

(Which is how I recall the line.)

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited October 27, 2009).]

Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Dark Warrior, it's one of my favorite movie quotes because it applies so well to one of my own pet peeves (which I also refer to as COOL HAND LUKE moments).

And yes, it could apply here as well.

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

John: You should have gone west to America. You would have been a senior citizen of Boston. But you took a wrong turn, and what happened? You're a lonely old man from Liverpool.

Grandfather: But I'm clean.

John: Are you?

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

KDW i also love that movie, infact i just watched it 3 weeks ago. when i was on extra duty i always called the NCO IC, Boss. he never got it.

anyway...

Saigon... ****; I'm still only in Saigon... Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle.

Charlie don't surf!

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like Victory

Apocalypse Now

I will never forget this day. The day I came to Hue City and fought one million N.V.A. gooks. I love the little Commie bastards, man, I really do. These enemy grunts are as hard as slant-eyed drill instructors. These are great days we're living, bros!'We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns. These people we wasted here today ... are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

Full Metal Jacket

RFW2nd

[This message has been edited by Rommel Fenrir Wolf II (edited October 27, 2009).]

philocinemas
Member # 8108

Ben, rich, and Robert - congratulations, you all stumped me - though I recognize rich's - just can't place it.

Kathleen, you didn't stump me, "I can eat 50 eggs".

philocinemas
Member # 8108

Oh, and you are right, Zero - I was tired.
Zero
Member # 3619

It's okay. Literally everyone remembers it wrong.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

Four of my favorites from the 80's:

"Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone?"

#

"Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

#

"Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place."

#

"That's it man, game over man, game over!"

[This message has been edited by philocinemas (edited October 28, 2009).]

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

quote:
Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place."

It's actually: "Screws fall out all the time. It's an imperfect world."

philocinemas
Member # 8108

Thanks.
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

That'll be the day.
Zero
Member # 3619

"You can't handle the truth!"
Zero
Member # 3619

Robert, yours sounds like John Wayne to me.
thayeller
Member # 8745

- posted      Profile for thayeller           Edit/Delete Post 
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K."
Posts: 42 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

rich
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for rich   Email rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Philo,
Mine's from The Wizard of Oz, as the Wicked Witch is melting. I turned my kids onto it about a month ago, and it's been playing nonstop ever since. At this point, I'm willing to see them all "melt".

Posts: 840 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

wow, love the Bill and Teds throw back.

"I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen"

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Based on the findings of the report, my conclusion was that this idea was not a practical deterrent for reasons which at this moment must be all too obvious.
genevive42
Member # 8714

So no one got the Cyrano lines? Too old of a reference or too obscure?

I'll have to come up with something else, when I'm not at work.

LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!".

Simpson's Citizen Kang...Not really a movie, but in honor of Halloween...and all...Not that Citizen Kang was a Treehouse of Horror episode...but, well you know. It's friday, Wheeeee!

Leslie

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course I got Cyrano! But I prefer the play to the movie. I saw the play years ago with Stacey Keach as Cyrano. Unfortunately, it was almost ruined by casting Stephanie Powers as Roxanne. Yech!
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

"If only we had something to bash it with."
"Here use this hammer I just found on the ground."
Three Ninjas at Mighty Mountain (or something like that.)

"It would take a great feat of strength to get us out of here."
"That's it, we use the great strength of feet!"

[This message has been edited by Pyre Dynasty (edited October 30, 2009).]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.