FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 22)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
lisha_rose
Member # 9166

- posted      Profile for lisha_rose   Email lisha_rose         Edit/Delete Post 
oobie Shadow of the Xenocide sounds kewl!
shadow of a vision
Shadow of a child
shadow of hope

who knows the possibilities are endless guys lol

Posts: 50 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Ender
Member # 9258

- posted      Profile for Red Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if sombody already came up with this tittle idea (I just couldn't get through all 22 pages of reaplys) but as i was reading some of the suggestions a tittle just sort of came to me.

"Enders Enemy"

I may be completly wrong but i think that this book would be just as much about Randi's chiled as it would be about Ender and Valintine. Besides, theres alwes been refrance to how much Ender respects and loves his "Enimes"

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

- posted      Profile for Jimbo the Clown   Email Jimbo the Clown         Edit/Delete Post 
Um... I hate to be rude, but (Shouting about to commence; don't read if you think you'll be offended.) HAVE NONE OF YOU THOUGHT OF USING ENDER AS A VERB!?!?!?!?!?!?
Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

- posted      Profile for Jimbo the Clown   Email Jimbo the Clown         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously though...
Voyage Ender
Tribulation Ender

Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not being used as a verb in either of your examples, Jimbo.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Rofl.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

*Sputters... Lol.*
I didn't mean for the posts to be connected. Oh, well. That was funny.

I Am The War Chief
Member # 9266

- posted      Profile for I Am The War Chief   Email I Am The War Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender the musical
Hey Big Ender Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend Some time with achiles kid duh dah dah PAH

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vazor
Member # 9267

- posted      Profile for Vazor   Email Vazor         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone considered simply calling the novel "Ender" ? It's a pretty simple title, and fits in with the whole tying-together thing.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anime-lover
Member # 9281

- posted      Profile for anime-lover           Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew's journey may b a good 1......
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anime-lover
Member # 9281

- posted      Profile for anime-lover           Edit/Delete Post 
this is totally off-the-topic but resident evil 4 is the best game ever and i wanna play it 4ever & ever & ever
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alon
Member # 9282

- posted      Profile for Alon   Email Alon         Edit/Delete Post 
The Connection Of Ender
Ender's Center

ill think of more

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Am The War Chief
Member # 9266

- posted      Profile for I Am The War Chief   Email I Am The War Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
Beggining of The Ender
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dredg
Member # 9303

- posted      Profile for dredg   Email dredg         Edit/Delete Post 
i was just wondering if anyone suggested "ender's world"
i'm re-reading through the book right now noticed it used, and i noticed this topic while i was looking around here a few days ago.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
WAIT WAIT WAIT!

Why not adopt a "speaker" motif instead! Call it

Speaker

Speaker for the Living

Speaker of Dreams

Speaker Andrew

Ender the Speaker

Andrew the Speaker

Speaker's Game

Speaker's Shadow

Speaker and the Giant

Speaker for Puppets

This is ridiculous actually, nm.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Please dont put a new idea in there heads. We will get another 22 pages using speaker....
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsim
Member # 9316

- posted      Profile for gsim   Email gsim         Edit/Delete Post 
i think that some good ones are:

Ender's Flight
Ender's Light
Ender's Voyage

(and some non-ender ones are)

The Final Shadow
A New Begining - (I don't know about this one, a new bigining for ender and what-his-name)
The Lost Shadow

*yay, my first post!*

Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a few from my mind:

Ender's Dawn (after all, this will be a new day in the life of ender)

Ender Speaks

Trial of Ender

Mr. Card, it's an honor to be a part of your forum and to be given the chance of having a say-so in the title of your next book which i can't wait for!!! i've been having "ender's world" withdrawls....a new Alvin book wouldn't be bad either though [Wink]

Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oviratptor
Member # 9323

- posted      Profile for Oviratptor   Email Oviratptor         Edit/Delete Post 
I have read the WHOLE thread, and I didn't see (or notice) these names:

After Ender
Almost Ender

Memory of Ender (Don't tell me no one gets that title reference)

"After Ender" being my favorite.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the novel should be called "Super Sex Space Magic" and feature a tie-dye cover.

What do you think?

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to reply to your post, Primal Curve.

Than I realised you were asking a rhetorical question.

So my opinion's unimportant.

*goes and cries in the corner*

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
just to let everyone know...i heard he decided on a title somewhere on one of these threads and its "Ender in Exile"
Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leia Atreides
Member # 9227

- posted      Profile for Leia Atreides   Email Leia Atreides         Edit/Delete Post 
Heard that rumour too, I think it's quite old news.

(or possibly it was me who helped to spread the rumour? Man never knows. :mrgreen: )

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC has not specified that he selected a title for the novel, however, "Ender in Exile" is being used as a working title for the moment. It may end up being the final, it may not.

(Just in case no one wanted to search all twenty-odd thread pages for this info. [Smile] )

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Advent Ender.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panickedthumb
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
How about Ender and the case of the stolen giant-baby [Smile]

I think Ender's Flight is the best out of these, Ender's Exile comes in second, but I can see how Exile might work better. I guess it all depends on how the book plays out.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiantReturns
Member # 9349

- posted      Profile for GiantReturns   Email GiantReturns         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Giant

Ender's Formula

Ender's Achilles

Ender's Journey

Ender's Migration

Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
collissimon
Member # 9346

- posted      Profile for collissimon   Email collissimon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I've been lurking for a while, and haven't read all of them, but how about:

Ender, Alien

Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnplaystuba
Member # 8792

- posted      Profile for johnplaystuba   Email johnplaystuba         Edit/Delete Post 
Memory of Ender
The Call of Ender... um... the Ships?

Maybe... Ender's Prentice?

Posts: 11 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenstar
Member # 6990

- posted      Profile for Goldenstar           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
WAIT WAIT WAIT!

Why not adopt a "speaker" motif instead! Call it

Speaker

Speaker for the Living

Speaker of Dreams

Speaker Andrew

Ender the Speaker

Andrew the Speaker

Speaker's Game

Speaker's Shadow

Speaker and the Giant

Speaker for Puppets

This is ridiculous actually, nm.

I was thinking something with speaker in it may be good actualy. Speaker's Trial or Speaker's Test sounded good to me
Posts: 67 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Tough coming into a thread this late, since reading 22 pages of ideas at once will be crazy. I'm just gonna throw some stuff out and if it's already been said, then whoever said it is awesome too [Wink]

Ender the Dragon
Happily Ender After
Ender Beginning Was the Word

OK, I'm all punned out for the week.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pawel Lotko
Member # 9367

- posted      Profile for Pawel Lotko   Email Pawel Lotko         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender:Legacy of Achilles
Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicious
Member # 9369

- posted      Profile for Vicious   Email Vicious         Edit/Delete Post 
Does Bean recieve closure in the Speaker series? If not, I really think he deserves it. (Just finished Shadow series.) Or perhaps that is planned for Shadows in Flight and this is solely about closing up the knot of Bean's 9th child? (Which I think also deserves being tied up.) Or perhaps I need to shut up and go read the Speaker series?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Evil
Member # 8095

- posted      Profile for Dr. Evil   Email Dr. Evil         Edit/Delete Post 
Mind Ender
Posts: 117 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
collissimon
Member # 9346

- posted      Profile for collissimon   Email collissimon         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know whether it's been suggested before, but how about:

Ender's Genesis

As presumably it's about him coming into his own after the Xenocide...

Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
comp_u_geek
Member # 9378

- posted      Profile for comp_u_geek           Edit/Delete Post 
oh wait how about Ender's Test. since it's kind of like a direct sequel to Ender's Game it would be likt a test after playing games from a title point of view
Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
comp_u_geek
Member # 9378

or Ender's recluse
Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
comp_u_geek
Member # 9378

or Ender's trial
comp_u_geek
Member # 9378

quote:
Originally posted by Miro:
Pop brings up a good point. If this is the point at which Ender first deals with his new place in history, how about Ender the Xenocide?

I do like Ender the Xenocide or Ender's Xenocide
GeorgeLampard
Member # 9383

- posted      Profile for GeorgeLampard   Email GeorgeLampard         Edit/Delete Post 
I read everything OSC said about this topic, and it would seem best to include shaddows in it

for instance,

A Shadows End
Ender, Edge Of Shadows

Or Include the idea of darkness

Ender Nightfall
Ender Darkness
Ender's Shade
Shades Of Ender
Ender's Dusk
Ender's Abyss
Ender's Fall (since he becomes hated)
Ender's Dawn (The end of shadows, and ender's new self)
Ender Twilight
Dawn Of Ender

Or you could go with the idea that purhaps this kid will follow ender, fasinated by the idea that "he's the xenocide" and will try to follow ender's example of destruction by creating more of his own

Then it'd have to involve something with ender having more than a shaddow, but a following

Ender's Campaign
Following Of Ender
Ender's Night
Ender's Deciple
Ender's Cult
Ender's Worship
Ender Devotion

My FAVORITE ONE

ENDERS OF SHADOWS

Thats my all time favorite, Good luck with the book, I'll buy at least three copies, and don't sweat it, people will buy it simply because it says Orson Scott Card on the cover, a house hold name where i'm from

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinky
Member # 9161

- posted      Profile for Pinky   Email Pinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by comp_u_geek:
quote:
Originally posted by Miro:
Pop brings up a good point. If this is the point at which Ender first deals with his new place in history, how about Ender the Xenocide?

I do like Ender the Xenocide or Ender's Xenocide
This title could too easily be confused with "Xenocide", n'est-ce pas?
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
comp_u_geek
Member # 9378

I guess... but I still like Ender's Xenocide
Son of John
Member # 9263

- posted      Profile for Son of John   Email Son of John         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Ender in Exile was already the name chosen for the book?

I hope it is, it's by far the best choice.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numinor West
Member # 9375

- posted      Profile for Numinor West   Email Numinor West         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ender's Planet" has my vote
Posts: 90 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this would be a merging of 'Ender', and 'Shadow'

So how about 'Ender's Shadow's Shadow'?

JK. LOL.

Seriously though, how about 'Shadow Children' or, focusing more on Randi 'A woman in Shadow' or 'Shadow's rival' as Randi wasn't fond of Bean.

Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
And by the way, this topic is grammtically incorrect. It should be 'The New Ender Novel on which I've decided'. :~) I'm a pain about these things. Don't worry, I have heard about it before. LOL.
Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagusFire
Member # 6780

- posted      Profile for MagusFire   Email MagusFire         Edit/Delete Post 
If by 'grammatically correct' you mean 'passive voice', then yes. But most college writing courses and professional writers (if there is such a term!) strongly avoid the passive voice.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numinor West
Member # 9375

- posted      Profile for Numinor West   Email Numinor West         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't imagine the pressure OSC must feel with every posting to check and double check EVERYTHING he types in these forums. He is the Über god of the Enderverse and what if he actually makes a grammtical or spelling error (GASP)?
Posts: 90 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
He does occasionally. No one's perfect.

By the way, your last sentence is a run-on. Oh, and what's a grammtical? [Wink]

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numinor West
Member # 9375

DOH!

(lol)

btw:
I sorely miss a spell check feature on this site.

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.