FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 20)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Passage

Ender's Guide

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

'O Irmaos do Ender
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

The Wish of Ender
odouls268
Member # 2145

Ender's First Redemption
D. James Larkin
Member # 8865

- posted      Profile for D. James Larkin   Email D. James Larkin         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Gambit

I like the word gambit because of all the connotation it offers reminding me of Ender himself.

From Mariam-Webster:
gam·bit
1 : a chess opening in which a player risks one or more pawns or a minor piece to gain an advantage in position
2 a (1) : a remark intended to start a conversation or make a telling point (2) : TOPIC b : a calculated move : STRATAGEM

Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrMojoDriver
Member # 8852

- posted      Profile for MrMojoDriver   Email MrMojoDriver         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Trials
Posts: 42 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Time
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Or better, Ender's Shame (His Xenocide)
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

- posted      Profile for ReddwarfVII           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm new, but an opportunity not to be missed to add to a potential title, here's my bits:

-Tales of Ender
-Bean's Shadow (violates the rules, but ins't the book more about the baby?)
-Ender Speaker
-Ender's Legacy
-Ender's Travels (a little nod to another well know work [Smile] )
-Ender's Legend
-Ender and Valentine
-Ender and the Giant

Okay, that's all I've got! One thing to add. Is there any connection between the people of Path and Anton's Key? I've been wondering that for awhile. Is it possible that Randi and the baby were one of the original colonists of that world?

Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrMojoDriver
Member # 8852

- posted      Profile for MrMojoDriver   Email MrMojoDriver         Edit/Delete Post 
The people of Path were descended from Japanese (or Chinese, cant remember)people. Bean is Greek.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sound_of_silence
Member # 8884

- posted      Profile for sound_of_silence   Email sound_of_silence         Edit/Delete Post 
Along With the Ender
Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sound_of_silence
Member # 8884

- posted      Profile for sound_of_silence   Email sound_of_silence         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Card,

Will this book be in the ender stream or the the shadow's?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lego feet
Member # 8093

- posted      Profile for lego feet   Email lego feet         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Ballgame
Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avid_Reader
Member # 8887

- posted      Profile for Avid_Reader   Email Avid_Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
im not sure if i saw it, but how about
"Enders Odyssey"

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

- posted      Profile for ReddwarfVII           Edit/Delete Post 
MrMojoDriver wrote:

The people of Path were descended from Japanese (or Chinese, cant remember)people. Bean is Greek.

Right, but I've just started Xenocide again and the description of the people of Path seem an awful lot like Bean without the shortened lifespan. A people with the super intelligence, but without the excellerated growth. The government then created another defect to keep them from taking over the universe that the people of path turned into a sign that such people were of the godspoken. What I am wondering is if the cure was found, but Bean was never called home because those that found it either:

a: did not know that he existed or
b: because they did not know him and did not want an uncontrolled, hyperintelligent, battle-hardened soldier returning to a world(?) that he doesn't know or doesn't know him. That they did not want coming back and trying to take over.

Or something like that. That was my full thought.

Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: The Canadian Hope

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20051124/bs_prweb/prweb314382_1

Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
The Enderplasmic Reticulum
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey
Member # 8742

- posted      Profile for Joey           Edit/Delete Post 
Always thought Ender's Speaker would be a great title but it doesn't fit with the story.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peek
Member # 7688

- posted      Profile for Peek   Email Peek         Edit/Delete Post 
Peeks and Ender: A Dew Story
Posts: 112 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
I always think of emigre when I see this thread (Ender the Emigre or some such... I'm not very creative).
My boyfriend says, though, that word is usually used in a pejorative way in the US [Smile]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender plus coming together-type word:
Ender's Binding
Or (Philotic implications here)
Ender's Twining

Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DraKKenN
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for DraKKenN   Email DraKKenN         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose Mr. Card isn't reading 20 pages of names-to-be, but heres my take anyways.

Ender's Communion.

Ender and the Hive Queen are going to be together, and I suppose he's going to stablish their relationship in this book, where he may come to terms with what he did, and what he will do from "now".

Communion : the sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level.

Also, in a sense, he's going to make his communion, accepting the Hive Queen as a "companion" and a responsability to care for.

Then, there's another sense of communion : a relationship of recognition and acceptance.
This could relate with his re-encounter with his past in the form of the woman & child.

When Mr. Card speaks of "coming together", I take it not just to the fisical but to the spiritual. In this case, I find Communion works for both, giving a double sense of sorts, and allowing the title to reflect Ender's internal "growth" towards the Speaker for the Dead.

Not to speak of a religious word wich may attract even further attention (sales :-P), given the times we're living :-)

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a public service announcement that the name Ender in Exile was already picked. I don't know who came up with it. Of course, I may just be a very humorless person who doesn't realize that this is an ongoing parlor game.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think this thread is just for fun now. Although, I thought "Ender in Exile" was something of a working title. I personally think that "Ender's Exile" sounds better for the final product. That is, unless the next 2 books are meant to be known as the "in" series: "Ender in Exile", "Shadows in Flight". *shrug*.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wry1
Member # 8936

- posted      Profile for Wry1   Email Wry1         Edit/Delete Post 
On the off-chance that Mr. Card is still reading this thread (and I hope you are!), I just wanted to put in my own two-cent's worth:

First, I had previously read Mr. Card's comments regarding the timeline in which the new novel would be set, and it occurred to me that Ender will most likely be over the subjective age of 21 in that frame - therefore, Jane, in some incarnation, will most likely have already made herself known to him (as the "investment" program was to contact him the first time he logged into the nets upon or after his 21st birthday in subjective time). It would be difficult at best to suspend disbelief enough to allow for Ender to have arrived at Shakespeare colony, to get it self-sufficient, find the last remaining Hive Queen, write both the Hive Queen and The Hegemon and then decide to leave for other worlds before turning 21. This could be an advantage, as it would allow us to see the development of the close relationship between Ender and Jane; as it stands right now, all we see is that these bonds are there, and we just have to accept it. I think some of the misunderstandings and growing-pains in such a relationship could prove to be good material.

Also, one avenue to explore is Ender's transformation into Peter at the end of Children of the Mind. Now there is FTL travel, as well as the possibility of creating "miracle" viruses which can change a genetic structure. If it happens not to be possible to tell the story of Bean in the new book (which might be the case, as I didn't get the feeling that Bean's story would be one of the central themes to the new book), then perhaps another "Ender" book could involve the newly-human Jane informing Peter/Ender of the previously-unknown ship carrying Bean and his children (let's face it, at that close to the speed of light, the only way they're going to age is if they slowed down for some reason, which they'd only do if a cure had been found and they were heading back). Ela and Quara could construct another version of the Path virus to modify the DNA structure in Bean and company...you all get the picture.

Of course, this could then allow Bean to re-team with Peter (albeit a Peter who embodied Ender's traits and abilities - and a few memories, I would bet) to accomplish the goal "Peter" set for himself in Xenocide: to become Hegemon again, to right the wrongs and to give every colony world an equal voice in government. Not to mention, trying to convey Bean's incredulity when he comes face-to-face with Peter....3000+ years in the future!

Okay, that's my piece. Other than one last thing:

the new book? How does Ender's Chrysalis sound?

After all, this is to deal with the metaphysical metamorphosis of Ender Wiggin (Hero/Savior) to Andrew Wiggin (Speaker for the Dead/Xenocide).

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the simple title Ender or beter yet ender and the orson card experience
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindbowels
Member # 7407

- posted      Profile for Mindbowels           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably already been mentioned in one of the 2984752 previous posts but...

Ender's Fame.

Posts: 57 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Sears
Member # 8952

- posted      Profile for Scott Sears   Email Scott Sears         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I just registered here today and I haven't even finished the series yet. I read Ender's Game my freshmen year of high school and I'm a senior now an have decided to go back and read the entire series. At the moment I'm working on finishing Shadow Puppets, which I should finish today or tommorow and then I got to get ahold of a copy of Shadow of the Giant. But I like the idea Wry1 had about Bean actually being in lightspeed travel and that he could have his genetic problem fixed, but as I said I don't know if that's possible as I was guessing that Shadow of the Giant was sorta a conclusion novel for the Shadow set, But at the same time it will be interesting either way just to see what happens with Petra and the child. An if Ender was to help Petra and the child, it could be like Ender returning the favor that Petra gave him as start when he came into battle school. Also Bean showed friendship to Ender through thier years together. Maybe something like Ender's Return of Favor. That may have already been said somewhere, I didn't take the time to go back and read all 20 pages of posts just the first couple of few.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Flame
Ender's Flamebait (is that possessive or a contraction?)

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eva Scrye
Member # 8960

- posted      Profile for Eva Scrye   Email Eva Scrye         Edit/Delete Post 
This would be *after* Ender writes the Hegemon and the Hive Queen, correct? Assuming he has left his fist colony, and therefore has already spoken with Peter?

In that case, something alluding to Ender's falling into universal disgrace?

Ender's Shame
Ender's Age

Or perhaps relating to the growing sense that he is a *father* as such to all of humanity? As was referenced at one point?

Ender's Sons
Father Ender

The Guardian
Eva Scrye

Posts: 70 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
X_Hamilton_X
Member # 8973

- posted      Profile for X_Hamilton_X           Edit/Delete Post 
Please forgive me if these were already suggested. I'm too tired to read all 20 pages. [Smile]

Shadows Past Ender

Ender: A Crossing of Shadows
Ender: Crossing a Shadow
Ender: A Crossing of Paths
Ender: A Convergence of Paths

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
X_Hamilton_X
Member # 8973

This must have been suggested but I can't resist posting it:

Ender's Echo

or

Ender: A Shadow's Echo

Ender: Echoes of Shadows

Ender: Echo of a Shadow

Eva Scrye
Member # 8960

Hmm, you know, I don't think Mr. Card is reading this at this point ^_^ It's been a rather long time since he's posted.

Then again, perhaps he's simply spending Christmas away from his forums.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ket
Member # 8975

- posted      Profile for ket   Email ket         Edit/Delete Post 
Spaceboy Ender's Super-Dooper Voyaging Trip!!

(please include exclamation marks)

Posts: 13 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockk
Member # 8970

- posted      Profile for rockk   Email rockk         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven t read the SHadow s Series, main reason is because it s Bean the main character in it, and it focuses mainley on Earth and events there. I miss the Ender character, the one that became a father to Novinha s kids, a simple man but baring the world s sins on he s back. I miss the older Ender more then the young one, more then Peter, Valentine, Miro, they re kids, they re kids kids, and so on.

I want Ender back. In my opinion, SPeaker of the Dead it s the masterpiece. The other books are superb, but none of them caught me so much as this one did and Xenoxide. Superb.

Make a sequel of Ender s Saga, please. Children of the Mind let so many unanswered questions, allthou`, i missed the ENder from Speaker of the Dead or even from Xenocide.

Please don t let it be ENder Spaceman, or Ender Reloaded, it just doesen t feels like Ender s Saga.

ENder: New Hope
Ender: Bindings
ENder: Event Horizon - maybe the child could speak with Ender like the "bugs" did with him, so there s an unseen connection between them, wich no one can see or breakthru just like an event horizons are in our universe...

Please i beg of a sequel with Ender the main character again... i always looked up to this character, it sounds crazy i know, but it s the kinda of man i would wanted to be "when i grow up" [Smile]

X_Hamilton_X
Member # 8973

Ender: Echoes Past
ket
Member # 8975

Ooh, I like Event Horizon.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy made this thread on march 10th, id hope he has a title by now.

Guess I'm a bit cynical, but seriously, its been almost a year!

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eva Scrye
Member # 8960

Heck, I hope the book's half-done ^_^
VetaMega
Member # 8366

- posted      Profile for VetaMega   Email VetaMega         Edit/Delete Post 
Try to make a better cover this time too!!!
Posts: 27 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ket
Member # 8975

He's not in charge of the cover. The publishers are.

Let's hope the publishers actually ask him for advice this time, though,!

Zenox
Member # 8987

- posted      Profile for Zenox   Email Zenox         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: Achilles' Shadow
Shadows of the Buggers
The Formics' Shadows
Ender: Shadow of Redemption
Redemption's Shadow

Posts: 58 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
Or maybe something like

Tracing Ender

?

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sir.otter
Member # 8997

- posted      Profile for sir.otter   Email sir.otter         Edit/Delete Post 
Enders conscience
enders acquaintance
enders silhouette
enders comrade

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monroe by Warhol
Member # 8999

- posted      Profile for Monroe by Warhol   Email Monroe by Warhol         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Blame (rhyming with Ender's Game wahoo)

Ender's Vice

Ender: The Price of Innocence

Ender's Suffering

And I really liked, 'A Valenitine For Ender' cause it had Val. yay.

Posts: 37 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
I like 'A Valentine for Ender' too, but for me it sounds like a good title for a short story, not a novel...
Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abyss
Member # 3086

- posted      Profile for Abyss   Email Abyss         Edit/Delete Post 
Has he written his Speaker for the Dead bit yet, for Peter?
Posts: 280 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a bit of snafu over timelines and while I know OSC is aware of the situation I don't know how he's going to solve it. (I eagerly await the next book to figure out how he does solve it.) You can search back for my user name on this side of the forum and find my rants on the topic, which are documented chapter and paragraph from several of the Ender saga.

See, Investment Counsellor happens when Ender comes of age on Sorcelledolce. Problem is, that in the original EG if you do the math, he's far older and has already come of age before he leaves the first colony.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HectorVictor
Member # 9003

- posted      Profile for HectorVictor   Email HectorVictor         Edit/Delete Post 
I realize the name of the novel in question has already been decided on, I think a good name for this novel would be:

Ender's World
Ender's Worlds

Posts: 48 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I think Ender's Seance, a book explaining how Ender Speaks to the dead--the introduction to Enderverse. [ROFL]
Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.