FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 19)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still sticking to "Ender the Gender Bender".
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Or to fit with OSC's ideology: "Ender the Gender-Bender Offender." But I don't think Professor, Revrend, Dr, Sir, Earl, Master, Mister Card would go for assonance.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

- posted      Profile for KEGE   Email KEGE         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender and the Beanie Babies
Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Ender and the Beanny babies.
cagreat1
Member # 8511

- posted      Profile for cagreat1   Email cagreat1         Edit/Delete Post 
i think someone has already commented and suggested that Mr. Card no longer reads this thread anymore. i still am determind to put in my 2 cents...if it's even that. On top of that, i tried to read through all the posts but once i got to page 10, i just skimmed and read only what Mr. Card actually said, so if i repeat something, i'm sorry, but i have a very short attention span for stuff like that. Now, to my comment.

At this point in Ender's life he should have lost his prestige of savior for the human race and has become Ender of the Xenocide. This being said, he is either starting to hide or has been in hiding for a brief time now. Because of this, i do like these few titles that have been suggested previously:
Ender's Burden
Ender's Legacy
Ender's Demons
Ender: New Beginning
Leaving Ender
Ender En Passant
Ender's Exile

I really like Ender En Passant (i'm not going to find who said it, but i think their explaination was really good.) But this title would allude to that transitional period that from ender to speaker/andrew. But because this is an awkward maybe a different approach could be seen. If Ender is still famous for saving humanity, but the hive queen and hegimon are out, and ender either foresees the animosity that will come to him if he continues to be Ender he will be already trying to hide his path. (i know this is confusing, but maybe to someone it will make sence). So Ender is hiding, but with the death of the hegimon things on earth aren't too great. and with the rise of starways congress, someone is needed to head this. who better than the hegimon's brother who also happened to save the world (yes a complete reversal of why peter was able to become ruler). Not only this, but Bean's child knows that ender is somewhere. Achilles II will be out for the same thing that people are wanting to give to Ender if they can find him. So the world would be looking for Ender as well as Achilles.

(since this is confusing) In a nut shell:

Ender is still popular for his saving humanity
Ender sees that his popularity will decline once the hive queen is more widely known.
Ender decides to not be ender anymore.
People want someone to rule humanity (either hegimon or head of starways congress)
Achilles II wants this power and has a grudge against ender already, which is even more complicated to explain briefy.
Everyone is looking for ender.

Hence my suggestion for the title:

Finding Ender

Of course though, this would make for a long book because my brief summary of what i think might happen takes forever.

Some other titles that i liked but i thought would be better for the books that follow Children of the Mind:

Ender's Redemption
Ender's Atonement
Ender's Penance

Ender's Redemption would be my favorite for a post CotM book.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LordRahl
Member # 8512

- posted      Profile for LordRahl   Email LordRahl         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got one.

How about just:

Ender's Innocence

sounds good to me.

-if any one else already suggested this, I am sorry. I didn't look at all 19 pages before posting.

Mr. Card, are you still with us in this thread?

[ August 19, 2005, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: LordRahl ]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naggeneen
Member # 8530

- posted      Profile for Naggeneen   Email Naggeneen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Everyone,

Hmmm... y'know, it occurs to me that there's something that no one has hit on yet (that I've seen). The new novel, as described, takes place after Ender founds the colony and before he begins to reconnect to the characters in Speaker for the Dead. It's the beginning of a long period of time when he draws himself away from humanity and isolates himself with Valentine to skip across the light years. So why not address that action in the title and suggest the as-of-yet-unknown plot complications that could lead to why he might decide to so dramatically lose touch with almost all of his personal connections?

So...keeping this in mind, my suggestion for the title of the new novel would be:

Ender's Separation

- Brendan Aldrich

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I too just started reading this thread, actually, this is my first post on this side, I'm trying to branch out (and find more threads to post on in a vain effort to post even half as much as Tante Shvester).

So, just some random ideas:

Enter Ender
Ender's Legacy (though I think I saw this one from someone else, sorry)
Ender's Lament
Ender's Guide to Traveling the Galaxy on Less Than 20 Dollars a Day
Ender's Ave (Ave Ender)
Ender Wigs Out
The Future Past of Ender Wiggin (or something shorter, Ender's Future Past)
Ender's Exile

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjzeller
Member # 8536

- posted      Profile for rjzeller   Email rjzeller         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like the naming game draws considerable interest, so here's a few more:

Ender Holistic
A Time for Ender
Ender's Love
Ender's Time
Finding Ender
Ender's World
Ender Restarting
Beginning Ender
Ender Quest

I dunno...this could be interesting. If OSC uses one of the titles mentioned on the nearly twenty pages of posts, will that person get an aknowledgement in the book??

Just a thought....

Z

Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucyPevensie
Member # 8537

- posted      Profile for LucyPevensie   Email LucyPevensie         Edit/Delete Post 
What about "Skipping Stones"? with the double allusion to Ender & Val skipping from planet to planet, and also to "The Worthing Saga"
Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 8543

- posted      Profile for guest   Email guest         Edit/Delete Post 
i hope mr card is still reading this thread because i'd really like to know,

in this new novel will things be more cleared up? as to how exactly Randi got the baby and what Volesco (sp?), if he orchestrated it, wanted to happen with the baby?

sorry if these questions sound confusing i'm not sure how to word what i want to say. but i'd like to hear more about Randi in general and her whole story from when she got the embryo implanted to how she finally left earth

Also, Randi having Bean's and Petra's son and having another novel about him sepererated entirely from Bean or Petra just has a strange, sad feel to it, but it's one of the things i like about your books

sorry if this is confusing as well but im not sure how to say it either and i was wondering if anyone else felt this way

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dianix
Member # 8558

- posted      Profile for Dianix   Email Dianix         Edit/Delete Post 
What about Ender das treffen (this is german, but I actually think it kinda rhymes). The meaning for treffen is reunion, meaning or encounter.

What do you think?

Värelse
Member # 8567

- posted      Profile for Värelse   Email Värelse         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender to Andrew
-Ender to Speaker (Something showing the transformation from Ender to Speaker Andrew)
Enderology
Speaker for the Bean
Ender's New Bean

Or be really origional: Ender's Game II (ha ha)
-----
I like the "Ender das treffen" title, but I don't think it would be appealing to people not interested in german. If you want to translate, translate it to Stark [Wink]

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: Outcast
Ender: Hero's Fall
Ender Revisited

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
What about Ender's Progeny or Ender's Children?

I know biologically speaking they aren't his children, but everyone who was at the final battles fighting with Ender before he left, all of them were affected by him, everyone in his jeesh. There's nothing they wouldn't do for him, and their lives were forever colored by his influence.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DangerSaucePanic
Member # 8571

- posted      Profile for DangerSaucePanic           Edit/Delete Post 
If there's one title that hasn't yet been named in this 19 pages of eye strain goodness, it would be the super copyright infringement Rurouni Ender. Just like my most favorite moving picture show series in the whole wide world. Rurouni means something like wandering or something like that.

lol or Ender Battousai.
lol Spl-Ender!

Um Ender: Humanity's Savior, Humanity's Shame ?

I like The Ender cuz its so reverent like totally dude.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

- posted      Profile for ArCHeR   Email ArCHeR         Edit/Delete Post 
How about:

The Ender, My Only Friender, The Ender

Posts: 238 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Ruruoni or Ronin, yes it indeed means wanderer or more precisely in ocntextx wandering Samurai.

Kenshin is so cool.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bored...
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LostHope
Member # 8577

- posted      Profile for LostHope   Email LostHope         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Hope
Ender's Memoir

...Wait a second. This is after Ender finds the hive-queen, but before... So...

Ender's Ascent
Ender's Progeny
Ender's Descendants
Second Life of Ender
Ender's Second Hope (the first being the hive queen, perhaps this book includes something else?)
Ender's Vision
Visions of the End (...)
Ender and Hive queen
Hive and Ender
Death of Ender (referring to the change of Ender into a pseudomyth)
Ender's Grave

Ah well. Good luck with coming up with something appropriate.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you guys realize this started on March 10th and its still going. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Presences
Member # 8492

- posted      Profile for Presences           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back from a book signing at Deseret Book in downtown SLC. I heard Orson state in his very intellectual, fervent voice, that the title might be “Ender’s Exile.” OK, so he may have said “Ender in Exile”. I was only standing 12 feet away from him. Must be my ADD. Sorry! I really cannot remember. I just made is a point to remember that Exile was the last word in the title. Nevertheless, I am 99.9 percent positive he said one of those above-mentioned titles.

On a side note, Orson Scott Card is a very entertaining speaker. I was only able to listen to him for about 30 minutes, but found him very intelligent, kind, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and funny.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Presences
Member # 8492

- posted      Profile for Presences           Edit/Delete Post 
Just notice another thread... I guess this is old news...
Posts: 82 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe now this thread will end.....
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zak
Member # 273

- posted      Profile for Zak   Email Zak         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy $#!%

I haven't posted here since about 1998 or '99 - how the heck did I remember my password?

Wish I'd seen this post before. I'm sure this is an old thread, long since discarded by any reputable members of this forum, and I don't know if anyone suggested this, (because I wasn't about to read 19 pages worth of posts), but I have a late suggestion...

Ender's Skeleton

Huh? Huh? See, it refers to Buggers, because bugs have endoskeletons; it's also about Ender having everything stripped away (all his old beliefs and such, as he travels about trying to find meaning), it hints that you'll find what's truly at the "core" of Ender, it brings up thoughts of "Skeletons in the Closet," which I'm sure the book would be full of, it sounds spooky and dark, which is "cool," and once it gets stuck in your head, you won't forget it.

Talk about the perfect title.

Huh?

Posts: 263 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually really liked "Ender's Innocence" (End of Innocence)
Cool.

"The Ender, My Only Friender, The Ender"
[ROFL]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiro1000
Member # 6905

- posted      Profile for hiro1000   Email hiro1000         Edit/Delete Post 
The second Ender
Ender's Mirror
The Misadventures of Ender

Posts: 37 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamesbond007
Member # 8513

- posted      Profile for jamesbond007           Edit/Delete Post 
I've Got It! I've been agonizing over the perfect title for the next Ender novel and I think this is the one. It came to me in my dreams.

I haven't read through all 19 pages of posts; so it's likely someone has posted this already--but hey, my loss for being so slow, right?

Here it is:
Ender Two: Electric Boogaloo

Mr. Card, if you wish to purchase the rights to this title from me: I don't charge much.

Truly,
James

Posts: 27 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiro1000
Member # 6905

Ender's Begining
Ender's Call
Ender's Jeesh

Posts: 37 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dannighe
Member # 7831

- posted      Profile for Dannighe   Email Dannighe         Edit/Delete Post 
Enders Calling
Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Big Ender
Ender- enlightment [Wink]

Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emily.millikan
Member # 8638

- posted      Profile for emily.millikan   Email emily.millikan         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Mercy
Ender Away

Ender at Rest (heh)

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

- posted      Profile for RoyHobbs   Email RoyHobbs         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread needs to be put to rest...
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Pain
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueBambue
Member # 8656

- posted      Profile for BlueBambue           Edit/Delete Post 
wayfaring ender
wanderer ender
ender’s passage

Posts: 16 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamesbond007
Member # 8513

- posted      Profile for jamesbond007           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, I got a couple good ones:

Andrew Wiggins: The Unauthorized Biography

Ender, the Thieving Kender

Napster: the Untold Story

Dr Ender: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Videogames

Speaker For The House

Posts: 27 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DalenMel
Member # 8679

- posted      Profile for DalenMel   Email DalenMel         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Transformation
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WntrMute
Member # 7556

- posted      Profile for WntrMute           Edit/Delete Post 
Days late, and dollars short.
The name's already decided on.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
It's still fun to think of names! [Smile]
Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagusFire
Member # 6780

- posted      Profile for MagusFire   Email MagusFire         Edit/Delete Post 
Last I knew he still hasn't decided on a name, but is only using 'Ender in Exile' as a working title. Something to call the project.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haplopeart
Member # 8684

- posted      Profile for haplopeart   Email haplopeart         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little late to the discussion however if it has not been suggested:

Ender's Enemy
or
Ender's Enigma

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haplopeart
Member # 8684

- posted      Profile for haplopeart   Email haplopeart         Edit/Delete Post 
I just thought of something presumably, the antagonist in the story would be the unknown child of Bean? Wouldn't a proper title somehow link Ender and this Child of Bean's?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Thing is, we don't know yet what role Achilles Jr. plays in the book, so you can't really suggest a "proper" title with what we've got. Theoretically, OSC could use the character in the title, but he hasn't given it away if he will or not.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ender's Enemy
. . . I read that as Ender's Enema . . . man, I need to get some sleep . . .
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky_Sean
Member # 6223

- posted      Profile for Lucky_Sean   Email Lucky_Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Enders Passage was my favourite out of all of them
Posts: 129 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender vs Achilles Jn: (That's Ah-sheel, not a-kill-ease!)

(all of that is the title)

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiro1000
Member # 6905

Ender's voyage
Ender's travel

Ender and the bean stock (little joke)
Ender who?

Magik
Member # 8713

- posted      Profile for Magik   Email Magik         Edit/Delete Post 
2 Ender 2 Game
Enders Game, Exile This!
Valentimes guide to the Enderverse
Untitled

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs_Smith
Member # 8732

- posted      Profile for Mrs_Smith           Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda like Uncle Ender!
Ender's Befriender lol
Ender's Endeavoring ?

Why does it HAVE to have Ender in it? I mean, It wont really mean much to someone who hasn't read Ender's game, and if they liked Ender's Game, or any other OSC book enough to come back to his section in Barns and Noble.. AND it will obviously mention that it is a sequel (or semi-parallel-sequelly thingy Book) Then WHY does it HAVE to say ENDER in it?
Did Speaker for the Dead sell worse because it didnt say Ender the Speaker for the Dead?

How about Beginners Game?
Or title it after the boy... ect...

Posts: 13 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Apprentice
Ender's Colony
Ender's story
Ender's Life
Ender's Ship

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.