FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 4)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Discovery

Ender's Progress

Ender's Goal

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Not that that it matters, but I actually thought that the Mazer book was a better idea. I don't usually like it when stories are crammed between other stories. I prefer direct sequels or prequels. Oh well. I haven't been disappointed by an Enderverse novel yet, so I'm still expecting it to be great.

Anyway, as for a title, I haven't finished SotG, so maybe I'll have a better idea when I know how it ends, but for now I suggest: "Ender's Legacy"

Based on when it takes place, I figure that it would have to involve Ender dealing with the transition of his legacy from that of a saviour to that of a monster. And I think it sounds dramatic, and just plain cool [Big Grin]

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
The Ender Years

Ender's Crossing

Ender's Collecting

Ender's Extension

Ender's Transformation

Ender Ascending

Ender's Conformation

Ender: the Early Years

Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aragorn64
Member # 4204

- posted      Profile for aragorn64   Email aragorn64         Edit/Delete Post 
What about more play on "End Game" from chess? Wasn't that where you got the idea for Ender's name, Mr. Card? I'm trying to think of a title that wouldn't be too similar to Ender's Game.

But then again, a title like that doesn't sound like it would be totally applicable to the plot of this new story. Ender's "End Games" seem to stop at the Xenocide. If another novel tried to follow those same topics it wouldn't seem as fresh.

Just brainstorming here.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raylborn
Member # 7344

- posted      Profile for Raylborn   Email Raylborn         Edit/Delete Post 
Pick myne pick myne [Razz]

If Jane is involved,

Ender's Ally

Ender's Companion

Other titles:
Ender's Matriarch - The lady could possibly become like a second mother, and life goes like that and problems etc etc

Ender's Excursion

Ender's Origin - telling of his past before Battle School.

Well, those are my ideas I don't know if they're good or not, but whatever

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ender's Got Game"

Whaaat? There aren't any sports on any of the colonies? It could end in a dramatic game of one-on-one, where Ender defeats the 7'5" Bean prodigency by giving him a heart attack from exertion. [Dont Know] "The enemy's hoop is up"

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Foundation's Ender : Ender encounters a time-warp that catapults him back into the mid-twentieth century and, while there, accidentally kills Isaac Asimov.

Journey's Ender : Ender has a barefoot adventure in Belize.

Book Ender : Ender gets a part-time job making sure books don't fall down.

[ March 10, 2005, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: digging_holes ]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

- posted      Profile for Andrew   Email Andrew         Edit/Delete Post 
Bridges to Ender

A Bridge to Ender

Ender's Infamy

Ender's Identity

Posts: 67 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aragorn64
Member # 4204

- posted      Profile for aragorn64   Email aragorn64         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I'm kind of partial to Foundation's Ender.

Hey, that could lead to some paradoxical situations...if Isaac Asimov never writes the Foundation series then Orson Scott Card either may not be inspired to be an author, or he may not become an author of sf. And if he doesn't then Ender would never be invented which means he couldn't go back to kill Asimov which means OSC WOULD invent Ender which means that....

[ROFL]

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

For some reason, I loathe paradox. [Dont Know]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

Paradox makes the world go round!

Can I step off for a moment?

[Razz]

Posts: 67 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BSquallGuitarist
Member # 7503

- posted      Profile for BSquallGuitarist   Email BSquallGuitarist         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok here's a few ideas...

Sailing the Stars

Relative Relations

Ender's Struggle

Xenostrife

Andrew's Travels

[ March 10, 2005, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: BSquallGuitarist ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

Has to have "Ender" in the title, but whatever.
m0ldova
Member # 769

- posted      Profile for m0ldova   Email m0ldova         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Demons (his demons are Achille as well as Ender having to deal with his guilt over the buggers and people starting to hate him)

Ender's Struggle

SoTG spoiler.......

is Volescu going to be traveling on to this new colony as well?

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Its a lurker! [Angst] J/K

Anways, ideas:

Ender's Dynasty

Ender, Formic Diplomat

Ender's Meditation

Ender's Legacy

PuppetMaster Ender

(All ideas I suggested earlier that I am repeating.)

UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
sarcasticmuppet: I am just reading through the posts and when I hit "Crouching Bean, Hidden Ender", I laughed outloud for some reason...

... back to reading. . .

Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
How Ender Got His Groove Back
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Hey SteveRogers, I thought that "Ender's Legacy" was mine. I don't recall seeing it before.

*edit* after doing a quick search I dicovered that it was posted before, but by someone else. Ah well, I'll try to think of something even better.

[ March 10, 2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: neo-dragon ]

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

Piggybacking off T-Smith...

Ender's New Groove

[Razz]

UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
While Ender Was Sleeping
Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

"Well now, lets not be pointing fingers about who killed who."

"He killed the best man!"

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist it. Oh and I was sure I posted Ender's Legacy. What a bother. Oh well I suppose it doesn't matter......

m0ldova
Member # 769

I'm definitely a lurker- but the dream of getting my name in the acknowledgments of one of OCS's books has me sitting in front of the computer with my dictionary and thesaurus hoping to find the perfect title. [The Wave]

Please pick me!!!

Ender's Disgrace

Ender's Vision

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

As you probably guessed, you are going to have a bit of competition. I think a lot of us here would do anything to get listed in the acknowledgements of one of his books. Except for those who already have, who hence have bragging rights. [Razz]

Edit to clarify: I have NOT been listed. If you wondered from the tongue sticking out smiley. That was just because I was bored.

[ March 10, 2005, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Emily W
Member # 7504

- posted      Profile for Emily W   Email Emily W         Edit/Delete Post 
A Story for Ender

The Key to Ender

The Heart of Ender

I don’t think anyone mentioned those yet.

If you did I didn’t mean to steal them.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

<rambling>

Hey, what if there was just a page of all of us who suggested titles and other such things...

It'd be nice! Plus, I know a lot of the great ideas I've seen so far (not all, but some) were inspired by other ideas, so for whatever title OSC picks, there really isn't a singular person to be thanked, since this is a collective idea pool where everyone helps.

</rambling>

Andrew
Member # 7502

Ender's Conscience
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I still think that Ender, Formic Diplomat is the best. And that one was all me! [Big Grin]
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

quote:
As you probably guessed, you are going to have a bit of competition. I think a lot of us here would do anything to get listed in the acknowledgements of one of his books. Except for those who already have, who hence have bragging rights. [Razz]

Trust me, even those who already have been mentioned would love for it to happen again! It's not the kind of honour one grows tired of.

But even though I wasn't the first to say it, "Ender's Legacy" is still my favourite at the moment.

[ March 10, 2005, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: neo-dragon ]

Andrew
Member # 7502

And so modest, too, Steve.

[Razz]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

They won't if I can help it! [Razz]

Edit: Yes, Andy, yes I am. [Big Grin] Now go post in Salamander Army you lazy bum! You joined now do something about it! I've been posting in your army! [Razz] [Taunt] [Big Grin]

[ March 10, 2005, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Andrew
Member # 7502

Steve, not to get too off topic here, but I deleted my profile from your records. Also, I've got the flu, so I can't really think straight!

[ March 10, 2005, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Andrew ]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

You deleted your profile? Why? Now I feel as if I have done something wrong, and that I'm hated. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! [Frown] [Cry] [Wall Bash] [Cry]

Title idea:

Ender's Disgrace

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't there a youngster who went with Ender to see the Giant? :chills:

Then there is the Arabic transliteration of Shakespeare. Sheik Zubayr, or "king of the diminutive... member". Shakespeare is the name of the colony, no? Otherwise I've told a naughty joke for absolutely no reason.

Ender's Fame? (I wanna live forever, I wanna learn how to fly...high)

On the rhyming idea, I always though Ender's Chateau would be a funny spin off. Okay, I need to read more of this thread.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

Alright, Steve, I only quit because it seems hard to enter an army halfway through integration that's already existed for a while.

Now we ought to probably end this conversation, at least on this forum, as it's quite a bit off topic.

m0ldova
Member # 769

Chasing Ender
Ender's Followers

beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
"My Name is Ender and I'm a Spaceaholic: It's Been Three Weeks Since My Last Voyage"

"Ender: The Sequel Before the Sequel that isn't Quite Parallel"

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
If we didn't have to use Ender, I'd nominate The Rise and Fall of the Third.

*ducks*

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

Finding Ender

Xenocides Anonymous ( [Razz] )

Ender's Exploration

K.K. Slyder
Member # 7416

- posted      Profile for K.K. Slyder   Email K.K. Slyder         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Abyss
Ender's Test
Ender's Return (meaning the return to his old life with his jeesh)
Endercide
War Against Ender
Avuncular Ender
Ender's Jeesh
Ender's Renaissance
Ender's Grasp
Ender's Enlightenment
Ender Rising
Ender's Death (meaning the final death of the little boy Ender into the adults Andrew, the last of his life with his jeesh)
Ender Renewal
Ender's Melee
Ender's Fray
Ender's Weakness
Ender's Verdict
Ender's Justice

Oh and Aragorn- the whole paradox you're speaking of. Grandfather paradox- OSC already solved it in Pastwatch. See, the temporal flow of time and the flow of causality are two separate things. Time is linear, causality is not.

[ March 10, 2005, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: K.K. Slyder ]

Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

Jeesh

Yes, once again, a rule-breaker, but whatever. I just name whatever I can think of.

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I still haven't read page 2 yet, but I gotta go. Chess terminology:

Ender's Pawn
Ender's promotion
Ender's Tour
Ender's Courtier
Ender En Passant
Ender's Rank
Ender's File
Ermmm... I'm supposed to know a lot more about chess than this.

Ender's fork: A fork is a situation in a game where two valuable pieces are threatened by the same opponent. I could see this applying. Assuming the kid is a tad resentful, he could be after Ender and Valentine, and to the supervillain thing of valentine on the one hand or the busload of innocent children. Though I kind of hoped Randi's child will be redeemed. I was going to have a long post about this once, intelligence and morality and parents with personality disorders.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily W
Member # 7504

- posted      Profile for Emily W   Email Emily W         Edit/Delete Post 
The Road to Ender
Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender the Dragon [Big Grin]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Love (if they have a thing)

For the Love of Ender (if she wants to and they don't)

Ender's Choice (to go or stay)

Ender's Battle (for his reputation, or whatever)

umm...no idea...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Checkmate Ender

Ender's Endgame

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of like Return to Ender. You could have him do some karaoke in there.

[annoying speculation alert]
You know, Ender at this point is like a Superstar, right? I mean, he's the equivalent of a rock God, so he sort of has to come full circle to "be himself," maybe he tries to recapture the childhood he never had. He's divested himself of at least part of his burden by writing The Hive Queen and the Hegemon. He's got great things to do, but really isn't his flitting around at FTL sort of an attempt at delayed adolesence anyway?

So he goes a little goofy. Maybe even gets full of himself? Self-indulgent. Believing his own hype?

or...another way of looking at it is that all this running away is kind of self-indulgence too...
[/annoying speculation alert]

Anyway, I think this is going to be an exciting book because if anyone can write about character changes and get the personality stuff right, it's OSC. How cool!!!

Um...

Is it finished yet?

How about now?

Now?

How 'bout now?

Happy writing!

[ March 10, 2005, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
That's it! It'll require TWO more books (sneaky grin) but here are the titles - as shared by other folks earlier:

Ender's Exile
Ender's Redemption

Otherwise, Ender Will Never Not Ever Kill a Bugger Again (to go along with my new favorite children's book: I Will Never Not Ever Eat A Tomato I Will Never Not Ever Eat A Tomato)

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm partial to A Book About Ender! Or, The Publishers Want Me to Reassure You That Ender's in This Book.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.