FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 7)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
BSquallGuitarist
Member # 7503

- posted      Profile for BSquallGuitarist   Email BSquallGuitarist         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad a few of my ideas are well liked! [Cool]

Hmmm how about

Ender's New Mind Game (a little long, but good in theory)
Ender's Mission
Worlds of Ender
Ender's Influence
Ender and the Hive Queen (By all means she should be in this if it's shortly after he leaves the planet she was on)
The Hive Queen and the Xenocide (No Ender, but it's implied. A bit of a pun on The Hive Queen and the Hegemon)
Ender's Search (for a place for the Hive Queen)
Ender and Valentine
Ender and Demosthenes
The Speaker, The Philosopher, and The Queen (again no Ender, but I think it sounds good)
The Xenocide, The Philosopher, and The Queen (ditto last comment)
Ender the Governor
Ender the Statesman
What Lies Beyond the Ender
Ender and Andrew
Losing Ender

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Go! Go, SpeedEnder! Kill! Kill!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
The NeverEndering story! ^_^

Alright, seriously...

Perhaps Ender's Isolation?

Ender's Shame.

Ender's Experience.

Personaly, I like Ender's Exile.

[ March 12, 2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Vadon ]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagusFire
Member # 6780

- posted      Profile for MagusFire   Email MagusFire         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Reflection (fits well with the 'shadow' theme)

Ender's Forging

Ender and Me

Shadows of the Mind (er, isn't that already a book? good title anyway)

Ender's Requiem

Young Ender

Prentice Ender (maybe not)

ooh, how about Ender Journeyman?

I think 'Ender's Reflection' is the best idea i've given...

[ March 12, 2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: MagusFire ]

Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
First off.. i don't understand the purpose of this smiley- [Embarrassed]

Second of all, Issues dealing with the story line (I Know this post is long, but it's all serious, please give it at decent look over Scott and Kathy):

Randi should've hopped on board with the Dinkard Ship.

Because we all know he's the most flexible and interesting character of the Jeesh that hasn't been milked- there's no telling what he would've done with his own colony- and for that matter- maybe Ender was called to come to the colony because Dink and this Beansprout were having issues that might jeopardize the colony or some rare natural resource of something on the planet, whatever.

Beansprout is smart, and wants revenge, he knows that the Hegemon took over Earth, and he is brilliant and knows that the 'evil' Ender, which is his brother is still alive, he'll gain universe-wide fame if he were to take out the Xenocide. Revenge and Power - does that not sound like what he'd be raised to want by Randi? - SO he trys to lure Ender to the planet, because if not he'll blow up the earth or that colony or whatever- and yah, i have more to say, like, about how the Speaker-Children had enough mother father family love issues, and this book should be different.- Maybe even a mystery in a way? dealing with the planet.. -

Third off... Title Ideas:

Ender - From Hero to Horror
Ender - Life Begins
Ender - Once a Hero, Always a Hero?
(question mark emphasis)

The Ender Liberation
The Ender Salvation

Ender's Lake
Ender's Raft
(Symbolic of his trip back to Earth, he's free, but not home.)

Ender Enemies
Ender Illusions
Ender Nemesis
Illusions in the Enderverse
Ender: Facades
(These all are pointing to the thought of 'Who is the enemy?' Were the buggers really the bad guys? Was Ender really a hero, or a monster? Is Beansprout really evil or good?, or for that matter, even the son of Achilles?--
Illusions, you see?)

Ender's Inheritance
Ender's Reward
Ender, A Hero's Legacy
Ender, A Hero in Exile
(Trying to stray from the overdone ' Ender's ' thing, i'm developing ideas, not stealing)
Ender, The Human
The Ender's Game is Down

Ender's Gate, is up.

Ender, A Hero in the Stars
(Like a constellation, y'know? I like it..)

Personal favorites: Ender and the Bean Stalk, Ender in Exile, and Ender's Heart (even if i'm not a big fan of Valentine)

-Judas

Just thought of more-

World of the Wiggins'

annnd

Shadows and Monsters
or
Shadows or Monsters?

(I know there has to be 'Ender' in it, but instead, couldn't there be like, a name tag or a door or something with his name on the cover, some sort of Ender Flag being burned in the background?- That would totally be more exciting to me than seeing another 'Ender' titled book.. That's more of an 'Oh, another one? Isn't he overdoing it?' kinda thing)

Okay, now i'm really done -

-Judas

[ March 12, 2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Judas ]

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

Personally though, you should just drop the whole idea and write this book instead

"Ender Wiggin Vs. Spaceman Spiff"

Ender with Bean at his side, and Spiff with his ferocious pet alien tiger.

-Judas

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I don't think that Bill Waterson would like that but it would sure be fun to read! [Cool]
Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBee91
Member # 7475

- posted      Profile for LilBee91           Edit/Delete Post 
A few more random titles (I'm really bored):
Game Over
Endertine (combo of Valentine and Ender)
Ender vs Mini Genius Extraordinaire
Ender's Reality
Ender the Xenocide
Speaker's Youth
Ender's Time
Ender's Showdown

Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

Orson's Bane

[ROFL]

-Judas

Prime_Number
Member # 7521

- posted      Profile for Prime_Number   Email Prime_Number         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, first off I'm going to post some ideas that other people have already come up with.

Ender's Illiad
Ender Speaks
Ender's Legacy
Ender
Ender the Xenocide

Now for some of my own ideas.
Ender's Sojourn
More to come...
Note *huge spoiler, scroll down to read**

I don't think the child that Randi bore in Shadow of the Giant is Achilles seed. In fact, based on the 2 month premature birth where the baby was completed formed, just extremely small-exactly like Bean and Petra's children that had Anton's key turned. Translation: The child that Randi bore is the missing child of Petra and Bean.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Prime, I mean this in the gentlest possible way: no duh. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Tom you're too nice! [Razz]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Ender's Reflection is a good title . . . for the book featuring YoungPeter/Ender.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagusFire
Member # 6780

Thinking more about what the story would entail, it seems like it would deal with Ender's 'rise' to maturity and discovering more about himself and his place in the universe, which is why I suggested 'Ender's Reflection' before since it implies a more personal, introspective look into oneself.

keeping that in mind, I thought 'Ender's Ascension' would be a neat idea for a title. similarly, the words 'Dawn' or 'Horizon' might fit in well (Ender's Horizon sounds pretty nifty).

or, you could take the novel on an entirely different route- Ender suffers depression and alcoholism in 'Ender's Benders'.

[ March 13, 2005, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: MagusFire ]

Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender the Rainbow

In which Ender discovers the long lost recordings of Judy Garland . . .

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read SoTG but i went to a book store in an outlet today, in Myrtl Beach, and they only had SotH. That was their latest. i was upset. I don't live in MRytle I live IN camp LEjeune, whihc is why I scream cause OSC you're so close to me.... so close yet so far... Well NEways the titles I thought up:

Ender’s Link
Ender’s Association
****Ender’s Connection
Ender’s Relationship
Ender’s Correlation
Ender’s Relation
****Ender’s Bond ( [Laugh] Bond, James Bond.)
Ender’s Tie
****Ender’s Union
Ender’s Linkage
Ender’s Connect
****Ender’s Alliance
Ender’s Correspondence

Ender’s Bean
Ender’s Heel
Ender’s Achilles
Ender’s Petra
Ender’s Jeesh
Ender’s Battle
Ender’s BattleSchool
Ender’s Graff

Ender’s Watch
Ender’s Keeper
Ender’s Son
Ender’s Failure
Ender’s Weakness
Ender’s Pandemonium
****Ender’s Deception
Ender’s Lies
Ender’s Dishonesty
****Ender’s Deceit
Ender’s Falsehood
Ender’s Fabrication
Ender’s Mendacity
Ender’s Ruse
Ender’s Sham
****Ender’s Fate
Ender’s Corridor
Ender’s Flight
Ender’s Journey
Ender’s Trip
Ender’s Life
Ender’s Child
Ender’s Embryo
Ender’s Mortal
Ender’s Bugger
Ender’s Friend
****Ender’s Influence
Ender’s Power
Ender’s Triumph
Ender’s Love
Ender’s Peter
****Ender’s Grace
Ender’s Friendship
Ender’s Damnation
Ender’s Follies
****Ender’s Curse
Ender’s Salience
Ender’s Surveillance
Ender’s Story
Ender’s Book
Ender
Ender: Tale of Woe
Ender: Fallen Hero
Ender’s Change
Ender’s Games
Ender’s Reflection’s
Ender’s Brillance
Ender’s Hope
Ender’s Crush
Ender’s Nourishment
Ender’s Determination
Ender’s Faith
Ender’s Light
Ender’s Darkness
Ender’s Gratitude
Ender’s Rule
Ender’s Colony
Ender’s Worship
Ender’s Nomadic Life
Ender: The Nomad
****Ender: Nomadic Hero
Ender’s Travels
Ender’s God
Ender’s Aftermath
Ender’s Grant
****Ender’s Elba (The place where Napolean was exiled)
Ender’s Exile
****Ender’s Odyssey
Ender’s Life
Ender’s UFO
Ender’s IF
Ender’s Colony
Ender’s Ship
Ender’s Taming
Ender’s Beast
Ender’s Trembles
Ender’s Shivers
Ender’s Reach
Ender’s Planet
****Ender’s Voyage
Ender’s Drama

****Ender’s Work
(That one’s like opposite Ender’s "Game" get it? Got it? Done.! LOL)

Ender’s Polarity
Ender’s Shell Shock
Ender’s War
Ender’s Crusade
Ender’s Conqueror
Ender’s Hand
Ender’s Cards
Ender’s Blackjack
Ender’s Royal Flush
Ender’s Channel
Ender’s Space
Ender’s Vapor

Ender’s P…..
(I’m looking for a word. I know what it means but I can’t think of it. It’s something like the government influence’s us to think some way. Like if we control the press then we can control this stuff or the way we think. I can’t think of it. If I do then I’ll edit this post)

Ender’s Maternal Instincts j/k

I have a few I like and I starred those. I am tired after long days wrok and OSC it stinks to be so close to you. Me in camp Lejuene and you in Greensboro. I mena that's not within a few inutes from eachother. I mean it's really a few hours but that's still closer tha alot of other people are to their favorite author.

Also Some of them like Ender's Child are there because OSC said something about a mother and a child in his first post.

quote:
Since I'm talking about this at book signings, it would be rude not to tell you folks right now. A couple of days ago I was sitting in the office of my publisher, Tom Doherty, talking about projects coming up, and it dawned on me that there's a book that I really want to write.

If you haven't read Shadow of the Giant, this is a mini-spoiler. But most people won't mind, so choose for yourself: At the end of Giant, there's one plot thread about a woman and her baby that go off on a colony ship. This is something I had never planned and when I sent her off, it was because I had in the back of my mind the possibility of writing more about her and her child.

What came to me in Tom Doherty's office was: She's going to be on a colony world after a time-dilated FTL voyage. Therefore it is quite possible that when Ender is done with his first colony experience (and has written The Hive Queen and The Hegemon), I could have him voyage first to that very same colony at about the time that this woman's child has come to adulthood.

I suggested this to Tom - another novel that actually features Ender when he's still young, before he met Jane, and WAY before Speaker for the Dead. (Of course Valentine is in it, too!) And this interesting character and her child have enormous potential for an interesting story involving Ender and Valentine.

Tom agreed, and this storyline will take the place of the planned Mazer Rackham novel. Not that I'll never write that one, but it will be postponed for now. In fact, I may even write this Ender novel before writing Shadows in Flight, the post-Children of the Mind novel that ties the Shadow and Speaker series together.

What I don't have is a title. The only rule is that it must have the name "Ender" in it. My first thought is: "Ender Voyaging." My most hated title so far is: "Ender: Spaceman!" There's such a fine line between good titles and hideous ones.

The Title was supposed to relate to the child. It would proably be best if I had actually read SoTG, but whtvr.

(On a side note I sent a message to Cuchlain about a forum. don't know if she forwarded it.)

[ March 13, 2005, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: AbeLinclon ]

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagusFire
Member # 6780

if you post enough, Card's bound to use one of them [Smile]
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender And the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Ender And the Great Glass Elevator
If You Give an Ender a Cookie
Ender, Prince of Xenocides
Lost World: Ender vs T-Rex
Make Way for Ender
Ender On the Road Again
Endless Ender
A Kinder, Gentler Ender
Ender And the Giant Peach
Foxtrot Ender: A Xenocide's Guide To Ballroom Dancing

Oi... [Roll Eyes] pretty bad

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender, the Champion of the World
The BFPFTP (Big Friendly People From the Past)
Ender and the Giant Peachlike...thing....

*cough*

Actually, I just wanted to post in this thread.

My favorite thus far is Ender Adrift.

Out of curiosity - and this is coming from somebody who knows nothing about the writing of novels, and even less about the publishing of them - wouldn't it be easier to name a novel after you write it?

[ March 13, 2005, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Echo
Member # 7513

- posted      Profile for Echo   Email Echo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've posted a few my self, but if I had to vote for one, it would most def. be Ender Adrift.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBee91
Member # 7475

I think OSC already knows precisely what the title will be. This is all just a conspiracy to exploit the creativity of Hatrackers. [Evil]
Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay... if someone has already posted this one, I apologize. Here's my one and only suggestion... Ender's Legacy.

I like Ender's Gate and Ender's Heart, as well.

I think I'll head back to lurker land now... at least for this side of the 'Rack.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
*confession* I haven't read most of the stories for quite a while, so I'm not sure precisely where OSC is planning to plant his new narratives, but had a couple thoughts along the line of "Ender has written the Heroine and the Hegemon, and spent a stay on one colony"

either or:

Ender Encumbered (same assonance, middlin' title for a middle-new-saga series)

Ender Unencumbered (for a freeform exit-stage-left, sayonara, bonne nuit, farewell)

ok, so, encumbered is awkward, but it might lend some gravitas, neh?

Still think Val should be worked into the title, though.

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Passant is corny, but if you really think about it, so is Ender's Game . Ender's Gate is still my favorite. Dagonee and CT both liked it too, but that may just mean it resonates with persons born in 1970, because "Watergate" was discussed a lot when we were learning to talk. It was BSquallGuitarist's suggestion.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender’s Sister
Ender Makes Way
Ender Forever
Ender Returns
Ender Beyond
Ender Begins
Ender and Valentine
Ender’s Love
Ender Traveling
Ender Foretold
Ender Granted
Ender Passing
Ender’s Family
Ender Motivated
Ender: Admiral of the Open Space
Ender Following
Ender’s Savior
Ender’s Life
Ender’s Kingdom
Ender’s Horse
Ender’s Travels
Ender’s Good-will
Ender’s Plagiarism
Ender’s Pride
Ender’s Pity
Ender’s Joy
Ender’s Triumph
Ender’s Glory Years
Ender: The Glory years
Ender’s Determination
Ender Determined
Ender’s Challenge
Ender’s Delight

(you said you wanted to tie Valentine into it alluvion so I thought that it could be one of these for the title with her tied in:

Ender’s Sister
Ender’s Valentine ( I know that this one’s been procured by someone already just thought that I’d place it in this group as one that ties in)
Ender’s Sibling
Ender’s Childhood Protector
Ender and Valentine
Ender and his Sister

(that’s all I got for that)

I like Ender Adrift but like any greedy Person I would rather have my name in the Acknowledgements of one of Mr. Card’s books.

****Ender’s Propaganda (I really like this one because I feel like the book could be about the lies that the people told others to give Ender the title of the Xenocide.)

[Laugh] (The rest are jokes) [ROFL]
Ender: Lord of the Space Belts: The Fellowship of the Asteroid Belt (the first book in the Lord of the Space Belts series)
Ender: Lord of the Space Belts: The Two Colonies (The 2nd story in the Lord of the Space Belts series)
Ender: Lord of the space Belts: The Return of the Hero (The third book in the Lord of the Space Belts series)
Ender Reloaded (Ender finds out that his whole life has been a lie and that Buggers rule the world using Humans as Batteries to run their machines.)
Ender: Old School (Ender returns to his old Colleges Fraternity)

[The Wave]

[Party] [Party] [Party] [Party] [Party]

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
"All your Ender's are belong to us."

How about that?

or...

"Ender in Rio" (hey...I'd love him to come here to Brazil, hehe). [Wink]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the Series That Never End(er)s
(It just goes on and on my Friend(er)s

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BSquallGuitarist
Member # 7503

- posted      Profile for BSquallGuitarist   Email BSquallGuitarist         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm here's another kind of odd one that works

Ender's Achilles' Heel. I dont think it has enough of a ring to it but it makes sense, probably also a bit much of a spoiler, maybe Ender's Heel would be better (people have probably suggested this/these before I'm sure.)

For those VBSers wondering, I'm Alai, but the name was already taken on this forum.

[ March 13, 2005, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: BSquallGuitarist ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

I suggested Ender's Heel! [Wave]

[ March 13, 2005, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: AbeLinclon ]

rivka
Member # 4859

*giggles at Midnight Blue's suggestion*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
And if you pronounce it "Ender's Asheel Heel," it rhymes!
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AutumnFire
Member # 7320

- posted      Profile for AutumnFire   Email AutumnFire         Edit/Delete Post 
WARNING---SOTG SPOILERS---(Thanks Rivka)

Since we're talking about a woman carying Bean's child here, my thought was that the title should have some alusion to the "shadow" metaphor in the titles of those books, or at the very least, some reference to light. Unfortunately, that may not be possible at the same time as keeping the name "Ender" in there. Perhaps someone wiser than I can come up with a title which incorporates both. The only thing I can come up with at the moment is "Second Shadow." Either that or "Ender Journeyman" [Big Grin]

[ March 13, 2005, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: AutumnFire ]

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Danke. [Smile]

[ March 13, 2005, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Shadowing Ender?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AutumnFire
Member # 7320

- posted      Profile for AutumnFire   Email AutumnFire         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka: If anyone has read this far in the forum, they've either figured that out already, or have gotten the wrong impression (for instance, that she's carrying Achilles's baby) which is even worse. :-)

Midnight Blue: Shadowing Ender...could work...At least it's on the right track.

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

AF, I disagree. Strongly.

I suspected before the first spoiler (although it made me go Aha!) and have read the book since.

But there are surely plenty of people who have not yet gotten their hands on SotG and are still reading this thread.

Why not?

AutumnFire
Member # 7320

Okay, okay, naughty me. But what do you think about a shadowesque title? Hey, wait. I can change my post, can't I?!

[Big Grin] - AF, looks like "Auto-Focus".

[ March 13, 2005, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: AutumnFire ]

LilBee91
Member # 7475

Some shadowy (and lighty) titles:
Ender's Light
Shadows of Earth
Ender's Shadow Jr.
Speaking of Shadows
Rising Lights: From Xenocide to Speaker
Ender's Dawn

rivka
Member # 4859

The only trouble with a Shadowesque title is the publisher wants a title with "Ender" in it, neh?

How about Ender's Shadow's Beginning? Or Shadow of Ender's Gate? Or . . . ? [Wink]

Re AF: I abbreviate everyone's SNs, unless they dislike it. (Then I try to remember not to.) And I use cheap cameras (because I break them regardless), so no autofocus for me.

AutumnFire
Member # 7320

I don't mind. AF 'tis. [Big Grin]
It makes sense to have "Ender" in it, but there's got to be a way to do both. It may well be that Shadowing Ender is the best that can be done in that vein. At least, it seems to be the best possible using two main words and the word "shadow" itself. How about things that don't have the "shadow" itself, but something alluding to it (or to darkness, or to light). Can you guys help me with a list of shadow-related words?

Light
Halo
Shade
Haze
Hidden
Dark
...etc

AutumnFire
Member # 7320

Shadows of Earth is a great title...for the wrong series! [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

Umbra and penumbra.

Ender's Umbra?

reader
Member # 3888

- posted      Profile for reader   Email reader         Edit/Delete Post 
My suggestion:

Ender's Way

It works on two levels:

1) The way - path - that Ender takes as he begins his future, as he starts on his "real" life

2) The way that Ender does things - his actions, behavior, morals, etc.

I think it makes a nice follow-up to Ender's Game; in other words, Ender's Game is the book in which his destiny and life is being controlled, Ender's Way is the book where he takes control of his own life, develops a life of his own. And you can also read it as "Ender's Way" - the way of a person who is ending a previous life and starting a new life.

[ March 13, 2005, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: reader ]

Posts: 196 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HappyPanda
Member # 7326

- posted      Profile for HappyPanda   Email HappyPanda         Edit/Delete Post 
how about
"Making Ender Divine"

His friend could win the galactic lottery, but dies, so Ender has to pretend to be him when the lottery man comes to town.

I still have to read SotG, so I'm a little in the dark about what will happen in this book...

Ender Rising
Ender's Plight
Ender Forgotten
Ender Forsaken

Ender XP
Ender and the Amazing Technocolour Dreamcoat

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
estavares
Member # 7170

- posted      Profile for estavares   Email estavares         Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that there are seven full pages of this boggles the mind. What throws me more is that Unky Orson's not about to name a book that is suggested here; it's no fun to come up with a name the fans have already come up with (aka Revenge of the Sith) and there's the whole "It's ME! It was MY idea" potential.

My thought? I think he'll name it something so off the wall that no one will expect it.

Like:

Splnorky
El Magnfico del ENDERRRRR!
Boom Boom and the Jets
Mr. Squishy Bug versus The Smog Monster
Where Are All My Bananas?

Of course, now that I've broached these ideas he won't go for them either. Phooey.

[Wink]

Posts: 325 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBee91
Member # 7475

quote:
Shadows of Earth is a great title...for the wrong series!
Minor details.
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
Along the lines of xenocide and exodus, keeping with the assonance:

Ender's Estrangement

again, awkward. big words. stooped down.

a little too li-fi.

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alicia
Member # 537

- posted      Profile for alicia           Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Ender's Neighborhood

You could plant those tiny little music chips in the cover and every time you open the book gentle piano jazz would start playing.

Readers would immediately get all mello and melt onto the floor with a smile and a sigh and start reading.

(Make sure the chip is in tune though.)

Posts: 24 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Constant Reader
Member # 7282

- posted      Profile for Constant Reader   Email Constant Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like Ender's Flight as well.
That's a nice one, Alluvion.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neh
Member # 7534

- posted      Profile for Neh   Email Neh         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Quandary

Seems like an intresting title. Albeit I thought it was two syllables and ( checking dictionary.com) I found out it was 3 =p. I also like Ender the Xenocide. ( I cant remember who posted it )
Would Ender know that it was Bean's child? Im not sure what direction Card is going to take this novel but if he did know, would he have known about Beans condition and his unlimitless growth which would bring about his early death? I think it would be interesting if he did since in the shadow series Bean considers himself " Not part of the Human race" since his slightly alterd genetics render him "not human". With some other ideas said by other people, I like the plot of Achilles II spreading rumours to make Ender look like A Killer of an entire species rather than the savior of one. His quandary being, If achilles II gets in to far..taking or hurting or destroying everything that Ender holds dear.. will Ender kill him? With his reputation now being that of a xenocide.. will he commit another since Achilles II is unlike any "human" alive, being that hes not even fully human? Thinking he is the only one of his kind ( yet doesnt know about Bean traveling through space with his other children?) This could be an interesting point in a post COTM If Bean actually lives that long that the Peter/Ender entity relates the tale of that conflict long ago and bean finally knows what happend to his lost child.

I dont know if any of that made sense. Just some random thoughts going through my head. there probably not even organized. ^_^ [Taunt]
Anyone care to comment?
[Sleep]
Work at 6 am ya know ^_-
maybe thats y im tired

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.