FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fun stuff on youtube today (Page 18)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Fun stuff on youtube today
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
They are indeed quite good. But what is UP with that dog?!?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Marcel the shell with shoes on

[ROFL]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
They are indeed quite good. But what is UP with that dog?!?

[ROFL] The dog stoled the show!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Armoth:
These guys blend amazingly well - and they make a song whose lyrics are awful, sound beautiful.

The new avril song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLKHkzy3InY

Wow. These two are great!
Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly
Member # 9576

- posted      Profile for Kelly   Email Kelly         Edit/Delete Post 
Just watch it [Smile]
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
How to argue ones point in polite conversation
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the conversation from aspectre's link translated

You know, for those who want to hear what they were really talking about.

[ April 02, 2011, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had someone to debate with as a toddler, between my legos and the family dog all I ever heard "pot isnt even a real drug, just legalize it man."
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
So is that baby video going to be the new Hitler video?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually get really annoyed every time I hear it because they only know one word.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Really they know zero words. But listen to the tone and inflection shifts!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
My twins used to do that. And yes, it was normally just one sound repeated over and over, with plenty of giggles and laughs interspersed.

Sometimes I think I miss those days. [Smile] Then I remember how much I spent on diapers and I wise up. [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
>Really they know zero words.

If that were the case I'd expect more variations in types of sounds. I mean, they've got to be able to pronounce more than one consonant, at least by accident on occasion. I think they found one word that works for them and they like it so much they just don't see a need for anything else.

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

When I was little, like in kindergarten, I guess, and just learning to write, I saw my mother writing in cursive. I figured that looked fairly easy, so I took a pen and scrawled up and down. That's called modeling behavior, and it's what these kids are doing.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
That's called modeling behavior, and it's what these kids are doing.

Bingo.

That's why I say they don't know any words -- they don't have any notion of sounds having meaning. They don't know what words ARE.

And they actually used two consonant sounds, one with much higher frequency than the other. They were "d" and "m". Those are the two consonants babies of every culture learn first (for physiological reasons), and thus the reason "mommy" and "daddy" almost always feature those sounds, in many languages.

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Do "mommy" and "daddy" tend to always get the same consonants associated with them?
rivka
Member # 4859

Often.

When baby names for mother and father don't feature "m" and "d", they generally feature the also-early "b" and "p". There's a great paper somewhere online analyzing not only the incidence of these sounds in baby names for parents (and grandparents), but the change from formal parent names to informal ones over time in several languages.

I can't find it now, to my annoyance.

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

That is pretty interesting.
rivka
Member # 4859

Wikipedia has some of the information.
Strider
Member # 1807

Getting us back on track here, has anyone linked yet to what is being labeled as the worst song ever?

And the always amazing Stephen Colbert doing a cover of it with the Roots and Jimmy Fallon.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

This girl has a few videos that are all pretty awesome:

Doodling in Math Class: Snakes and Graphs

rivka
Member # 4859

Has she not been featured in this thread before? Her stuff is wicked cool.
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I feel like I want to list them all, but it'd get repetitive and you can probably find others. The neatest one I've found so far is the story of Wind and Mr. Ug. (I ended up posting the one I did because of the "These snakes can't talk to each other because this one speaks Parseltongue and this one speaks Python" line.

I almost gave her her own thread.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
I almost gave her her own thread.

Sounds like a plan.
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
Holi.

This is where I get all high and mighty and talk about how I went to this festival back when there were only, like, 500 people in attendance and the temple was still under construction. I'M BETTER THAN YOU!! [Taunt]

Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Looks like Candlelight started a trend:

Best Seder in the USA (The Passover Song)

Dayenu, Coming Home - The Fountainheads Passover Song

And a non-musical one:

Google Exodus

Strider
Member # 1807

Oregon lawmakers Rick Roll the state legislature.

So awesome!

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Little Girl decides to be on the winning team.
Lisa
Member # 8384

Kind of beautiful.

Though not, strictly speaking, YouTube. Make sure your sound is turned on and start clicking.

Lisa
Member # 8384

31 Jokes for NERDS!
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy acting like a girl

With the talk in the news lately of that little boy in the ad wearing nail polish, I thought about this condom commercial I saw a long time ago.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

quote:
Jokes for Nerds
My favorite is "Most people have an above average number of arms."
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
quote:
Jokes for Nerds
My favorite is "Most people have an above average number of arms."
Legs.
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Bleah, whoops. I think the joke is approximately the same, although I admit legs is somehow a little funnier.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
My BIL helped work on this advertisement. I've never smiled at a Walmart ad, but I laughed this time.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orqChei5B_U

Everyone celebrating should have a kosher holiday.

Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Best Marriage Proposal EVER!!!
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
Highly entertaining

One Man Disney Movie

Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Gene Simmons Rocks!!!
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by adenam:
Highly entertaining

One Man Disney Movie

Uh... yeah, I can lip sync, too.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a joke, Lisa? Nick Petera is actually pretty well-known for being able to sing in a convincing female register.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

seemed obvious to me that it was him singing the whole time.
Lisa
Member # 8384

Seriously? That's unbelievable.
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what that thing is called, but this kid is really good at it.

Actually, "really good" barely covers it.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a diabolo.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, thanks. I've seen them in use before, though never to quite that extent.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHy7DGLTt8g&feature=related

for all those who dont get enough sax in their lives....

Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
A slow motion landslide on a road I've been on often (for vacation). It's pretty neat looking, and you get a sense of the time scale in the second half of the video when workers come out and walk around on it.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Ferris Bueller's Last Day Off
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
This guy is like an English rapping Leon Redbone
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.